• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Solutions?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    I have a Tac Sol take down .22. I love it. I replaced the barrel with one of their SVX short barrel as I run a suppressor and wanted the take down length to be similar to stock. I shot it in a match last week and it shoots better than I. I have zero issues with this rifle and absolutely love it.

My question is;

I see a lot of love for Vudoo for obvious reasons. I see a lot of love for 10-22s. I see love for the Kidd stuff. I have yet to come across anyone running TacSol stuff. No opinions, good or bad, posted. I'm fairly new to .22 lr and it's higher end manufactures. Am I missing something? Did they piss off everyone in the industry by supporting some silly legislation or poor customer service? Just kinda wondering where they fit in in the rimfire world.

In the precision rifle style of .22, 10/22 platforms in general aren’t really that popular at the moment.

Kidd is about the only “big” name you hear when it comes to 10/22.

Bolt action is where it’s at currently, and thusly, you’re not going to hear much about any brand that isn’t a bolt rifle. In this discipline of .22.

Obviously this is generally speaking. I’m sure you’ll find pockets of the country where 10/22 platforms are popular.

I also run a tac solutions barrel on my takedown...it is very accurate and stays cool longer than my bull barrels.
    What are using for a front stock? The only one I have found that doesn't flex with a bipod is the volquarten aluminum one...

I have an Xring receiver. I love the milled rail on top. I have a 16" whistle pig barrel on it. A nice Boyd's stock on it. It's very accurate. It runs great, easy to clean, You can even clean the barrel without removing it, what a concept ! As stated the emphasis here is trainer, You could probably get good info on other sites. The shooters I have seen running the 10/22's at NRL matches seem to be at a disadvantage to me. It's too easy to send rounds down range in a hurry. I sold a couple T3 summits to fund my Vudoo, but the Tactical solutions is staying.

In the precision rifle style of .22, 10/22 platforms in general aren’t really that popular at the moment.

Kidd is about the only “big” name you hear when it comes to 10/22.

Bolt action is where it’s at currently, and thusly, you’re not going to hear much about any brand that isn’t a bolt rifle. In this discipline of .22.

Obviously this is generally speaking. I’m sure you’ll find pockets of the country where 10/22 platforms are popular.

I also run a bolt action. My firing pin broke the night before the match and decided to give the Tac Sol a try.

Mostly trying to figure out why no love the Tactical Solutions in general considering the plethora of items they make for 10/22 including an action and barrels.

I also run a tac solutions barrel on my takedown...it is very accurate and stays cool longer than my bull barrels.
    What are using for a front stock? The only one I have found that doesn't flex with a bipod is the volquarten aluminum one...

No provision for a bipod so no bipod. ?

Possibly because they don’t use a Bentz chamber. It’s like the difference between a standard 223 chamber vs Wylde chamber for center fire 223. Kidd, Green Mountain and Lija use a bentz style chamber for increased accuracy. And Kidd guarantees a .5 group at 50, so there’s that.

I run all tactical solutions on my 10/22 and no issues with customer service. I run their barrel, mag release, and Suppressor

There are a multitude of niches in rimfire. The two largest competition categories are precision and speed, with precision broken down to bench, positional and field, and speed really just one category (unless you want to go pistol and rifle, or steel and tactical).

TacSol is in the speed category which is why you don't see it here, and the speed category (for rifles) is dominated by the 10/22 platform. The AR platform has much (like 5% to 95%) smaller representation in speed steel and TacSol is one of a number of options in that small segment.