• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

For those of you using the Zeus with a TT Diamond. Are you finding a fair amount of cocking on closing? I have to get over a fairly steep "hitch" in order to close the bolt. Unfortunately I dont have any other triggers to compare it to. Just wanted to see if this was normal or not.
Thanks
I have 2 Zeus with TT Diamond in MPA BA Comp chassis - smooth bolt close, in fact as many mention the 3 lug almost helps cam it over into battery.
Maybe check your bolt isn't catching on some part of stock/chassis as you try to close it?
or
Is this "hitch" only happening with cartridge in chamber? which would lead to checking how resizing of brass matches to chamber specs.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: jdemp1
For those of you using the Zeus with a TT Diamond. Are you finding a fair amount of cocking on closing? I have to get over a fairly steep "hitch" in order to close the bolt. Unfortunately I dont have any other triggers to compare it to. Just wanted to see if this was normal or not.
Thanks

I’ve got a diamond and there isnt any feel on close. It’s so smooth it basically closes itself.

Got in touch with Triggertech, and I'm going to get my Diamond swapped out to see if it may be the trigger causing it.
I get this issue without the stock attached too, so likely not the stock causing the issue.

Check your serial on trigger, I've got 2 effected, (we retail them here in AU), and I have a 2 stage which I'm not the biggest fan of. It's just not smooth or consistent break.
I might give you a buzz to chat with you about this next week mate, I was looking at swapping to TT 2 stage specials

Ring the shop and I'm happy to discuss options. We have all the TT range in stock, plus others. The TT are not bad, not at all, I've just used others for so long, and have the blessing of trying so many different triggers and setups, we know what works, and works well.

I had a similar issue with my Zeus left hand with a Calvin elite. The roller cocking pin fell out which I believe was the issue along (I think it must of been hanging down a bit). Sent the bolt back to Joel he replaced it and I’ve not had a single issue sense. I’m now running TT Special. I’d talk to Joel he’s super good to talk with

Reactions: Stoweit
Picked up my barrels Friday from Deep South Tactical, Zeus to be delivered Tuesday to my FFL.
E2C55DC5-FC37-4011-8A7C-683141DFE158.jpeg
BB7F710E-22FE-469C-8046-D193040526C8.jpeg
01F049BD-C0E0-47F2-B000-17BE7C2EDD1B.jpeg

I’m not very happy, got called back to work a day early, last Tuesday morning.
My Zeus showed up that evening, didn’t get to at least see it.
Going to be a long 2 weeks... just venting..😬

Reactions: SourGrapes
Timing was perfect on mine I guess, I’m a lefty and was only 3 weeks from order to delivery.
Joel has been nothing but fantastic, stand up and couldn’t be happier...

Now to order my 223 and mag bolts the end of next week and we’re golden...

Picked up my Zeus Wednesday, all I can say is it’s awesome. What a great action, really like the 60 deg throw...
Fitted my 6.5 CM and 6 Dasher that Deep South Tactical spun up and checked headspace and was perfect.

Talked to Joel Wednesday after picking up my action to find out when the 223 and mag bolts will be ready, about 2 weeks out.

All I can say about Joel at Terminus is he’s absolutely all about customer service. Always answers and will take time to discuss anything with you...

Will post up some picks over the weekend here..

Picked up my Zeus Wednesday, all I can say is it’s awesome. What a great action, really like the 60 deg throw...
Fitted my 6.5 CM and 6 Dasher that Deep South Tactical spun up and checked headspace and was perfect.

Talked to Joel Wednesday after picking up my action to find out when the 223 and mag bolts will be ready, about 2 weeks out.

All I can say about Joel at Terminus is he’s absolutely all about customer service. Always answers and will take time to discuss anything with you...

Will post up some picks over the weekend here..
He very much is!

Reactions: ChristianSilver
I greased my lugs lightly, and raceways. I avoid grease or light oil on bolt body due to the dusty conditions.

It’s super smooth now but hasn’t seen a round, I’m expecting it to only get better with time.

“I learned the hard way after oiling the bolt nice and good and then shooting in a windy dusty match. Now I only Grease the back of the lugs and Hornady oneshot the bolt.”

Any issues with the one shot on the bolt? Ive heard of that before, and was wondering if it improved much or had any downsides

Last edited:
Reactions: Sogan
Any issues

Any issues with the one shot on the bolt? Ive heard of that before, and was wondering if it improved much or had any downsides

One Shot dry lube is a very different animal than One Shot case lube.

I use the dry lube and it works excellent.

The barrel swap takes all of 1 to 2 minutes.

If the POI remains within 1/2 MOA from barrel off to back on this will be awesome.

Will post my findings middle of the week...

Reactions: Dolomite
“I learned the hard way after oiling the bolt nice and good and then shooting in a windy dusty match. Now I only Grease the back of the lugs and Hornady oneshot the bolt.”

Not yet and the bolt cycles almost as smooth. I have not shit a match in windy dusty conditions since. Last match was the yeti match in Nebraska and it was raining the entire second day. Time will tell.

Here are some groups before and after barrel swap. 40 rounds total through each barrel. Still breaking in with no load development.
The POI didn’t move much at all.. I’m very pleased, will begin load development tomorrow or Saturday...
The zero difference from 6 Dasher to 6.5 CM is .9 mils up and .7 mils right.
D122DCCD-8096-40E2-97F2-129E967D8FEB.jpeg
9EFE1666-3E8C-434D-B187-426F383DD1FA.jpeg
77D4D70B-3021-43A9-83B5-9AD684E6EB5A.jpeg
D73169B1-D11A-4B45-83AE-E016DD99B327.jpeg

Reactions: Matt_3479
I use accurate mag, full size AICS pattern. I bevel the front of the plastic insert. You can seat as long as you want. I didn't for a customer who uses Berges 88gr and gets em way out there without issue.

Reactions: Bacarrat
One Shot dry lube is a very different animal than One Shot case lube.

I use the dry lube and it works excellent.
That one shot dry lube is wonderful stuff.
Works wonderfully on rough actions like a savage and makes slick actions like glass

Reactions: Earnhardt
That one shot dry lube is wonderful stuff.
Works wonderfully on rough actions like a savage and makes slick actions like glass
Do you use it on the lugs with grease as well or just spray everything with dry lube

My barrels are settling in, the 6 Dasher has 80 rounds and the 6.5 CM had 75 now.
Going to range tomorrow and do load development on both.
The Dasher has been shooting lights out with 31.3 Gr of varget, Alpha Brass and 105 Hybrids. Only getting 2,720 MV but very solid load out to 500 yards. Going to push up to the mid 2,800’s where my last was shooting.
The CM is shooting well with 41.4 Gr of 4350, Lapua brass and 135 Gr Atips. Getting 2,710 MV but will push up closer to 2,800.
Barrel swap has been persistent and POI shifts remain within 1 MOA. I always get a slight flyer on the first shot after swap but pulls back tight afterwards. By flyer I mean within an MOA at 100 yds but POI is different from the remaining group..
Will get better details after load development completed.
Planning on checking with Joel middle of the week and see if the 223 and mag bolts are ready, hoping so...

Looking at going with a Manners PRS1 with mini chassis. Do I need a Zeus/Vector inlet or will any R700 mini chassis work?

Looking at going with a Manners PRS1 with mini chassis. Do I need a Zeus/Vector inlet or will any R700 mini chassis work?
Any rem 700 foot print will work. Just the ejection port might not line up perfectly. Ive ran vectors in rem 700 fp no problems.

So which trigger tech trigger option do I need for the Zeus? With bolt release or without?

without, only need with for Remington 700's. The clones like the Zeus have the bolt release on the side of the action

Ordered mine in early January. Hoping to see mine sooner rather than later. Was supposed to ship to my FFL a couple weeks ago but he hadn't heard anything as of yesterday.

Reactions: littlepod
I spoke with Joel last Tuesday, seems to be running at full steam ahead. Glad to see he’s busy, you can bet he’ll take care of you.
Better support than you could ask for...

Ordered mine in early January. Hoping to see mine sooner rather than later. Was supposed to ship to my FFL a couple weeks ago but he hadn't heard anything as of yesterday.
I ordered mine mid February so I guess I have a bit longer to wait than expected. I can't wait to shoot it!

Got to work a Zeus the other day. WOW. I'm just a beginner and not shooting any national matches. Saving $300ish bucks goes a long way towards other parts(bipod). What are thoughts on Apollo. Most people are talking about Zeus only. How are the Apollos?

On the Zeus Long Action: Anyone know if it will accept CIP length, 3.850", mags?