• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin.... will be..

for terrapin check with mile high, he posted several times in this thread saying they had 20+ of them in stock and it sounded like their inventory was not depleting quickly im sure they have them sitting on the shelf waiting to ship.

i also am thinking prg will still be in the business of civ sales, i think that since ashbury was at shot they are trying to hone in on more sales by saying they are our direct link to deal with. i think we should get the scoop from prg and see if in fact they are cutting civ sales.

Got the scoop from Vectronix not Ashbury... I spoke directly to the head guy in the US at Vectronix.

i also believe MHSA depleted their supply until the next batch arrives, as Randy was looking to sell his personal unit last week when I was there.

I'm down for a 25C BT, and a night vision interface if that can be included in the group buy. And as much as I drop stuff the rubber cover wouldn't be a bad idea either... :D

I was told PRG is just .gov only sales now, at a least as far as we are concerned. Which is why PRG is saying nothing after the 1st of the year is my guess.

For us in the commercial market, I was assured by both Vectronix and Ashbury that we can use Ashbury and have access to the full product line.

For the Group buy, they are not so much discounting the units, but throwing in a bunch of stuff like the cables to connect the 10c and 15c to your Trimble among other goodies.

I will email Ashbury today again, they sent me a preliminary breakdown but I will get the official offer posted as soon as possible.

But if you are not .gov or .mil, use Ashbury and you'll get your product. Moving forward that is what we are told to do ... you can even get the 25c from them.

I think PRG still sells to civilians. I did get a response that they won't have any terrapins in until after April.

PRG responded back to me and said they will not be getting any in until after April.

PRG responded back to me and said they will not be getting any in until after April.

I just spoke with Alina at PRG and here was her response.

1. She has not heard of anything about PRG stopping sales to Civilians so unless someone has more concrete support direct from PRG, I would suspect this is rumor.
2. The first batch of Terrapins is scheduled to arrive this week. These units will be going out the the people with the first reservations on the list. She is not sure when the next batch will arrive as PRG has no control or visibility in Vectronix lead times.

I have two additional units inbound in March that are not spoken for at this point. Just PM me if you want one of them. As far as I know, there are only a handful unspoken for at this point of the entire remaining inventory...

I just received notice that I have three green and one dark grey Terrapins headed my way if any one is interested.

Terrapin.... will be..

I just spoke with Alina at PRG and here was her response.

1. She has not heard of anything about PRG stopping sales to Civilians so unless someone has more concrete support direct from PRG, I would suspect this is rumor.
2. The first batch of Terrapins is scheduled to arrive this week. These units will be going out the the people with the first reservations on the list. She is not sure when the next batch will arrive as PRG has no control or visibility in Vectronix lead times.

Per Jackie at PRG, they are located in the same building as Vectronix. Pretty sure they'd know if they were prohibited by Vectronix or anybody else from selling to us lowly civilians (many of whom wrote that open-ended check to Uncle Sugar at some point in the past) or if APO was going to be the sole distributor.

Any more info on the group buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finalizing the details now,

Sniper's Hide Vectronix Promotion | Ashbury Precision Ordnance, Mfg.

1609873_10152287592237953_457558863_n.jpg

Waiting for a note on the Terrapin...

Good job, hopefully this will let some people that are interested in elr to get an amazing range finder! if anyone is really serious about long range shooting (>1000yds) a vectronix lrf is the way to go. even at the low end the terrapin will easily range anything every time inside of the ranges we shoot at.

i have some inside info that there is a new product coming out that will enhance the integration ability of the plrf 10c and 15c. it wont be from vectronix but another source. if your just buying the plrf25c for the bt ability, you might want to just get the 10c or 15c :) there are issues with the built in bt on the 25c from what i gather. i dont think anyone has actually got it to link up with the trimble.

PRG must have some kind of waiting list for the Terrapins. I was told that they wouldn't have one for me until April.

PRG must have some kind of waiting list for the Terrapins. I was told that they wouldn't have one for me until April.

PRG contacted me today and now my terrapin should arrive next week. I wasn't originally planning on getting one so soon but I am looking forward to it.

I'm really interested in a Terrapin, I know its a great range finder from all the reviews, but with 5x magnification is that enough to see a full size steel silhouette at 1,000 to 2,000 yards. I had trouble picking out a target that was 16"x16" the other day through my buddies 1-6x scope on his AR, it was grey in color and so were the rocks it was in front of, but still at 6x thats not much magnification? It's probable that my distance vision isn't what it used to be but it sure would be nice to have 8-10x?

I'm really interested in a Terrapin, I know its a great range finder from all the reviews, but with 5x magnification is that enough to see a full size steel silhouette at 1,000 to 2,000 yards. I had trouble picking out a target that was 16"x16" the other day through my buddies 1-6x scope on his AR, it was grey in color and so were the rocks it was in front of, but still at 6x thats not much magnification? It's probable that my distance vision isn't what it used to be but it sure would be nice to have 8-10x?

It's not really a handicap. For longer ranges, put it in a tripod, it's got a standard 1/4-20 mount.

You can see them just fine. Just use a tripod like mentioned or stabilize it somehow and you will be fine.

I am glad I was able to jump on this before they are gone. I received my terrapin today from PRG and it looks great.

The glass in the Terrapin is quite good, and ranging at distance is not really a problem. The furthest steel target we have out is at 2068-yards, and I have no problem ranging it.

The glass in the Terrapin is quite good, and ranging at distance is not really a problem. The furthest steel target we have out is at 2068-yards, and I have no problem ranging it.

I totally agree.

Thanks for putting together the group buy, Frank - thanks to it, I spent nearly twice as much as I'd originally planned for this acquisition ;)

Terrapin orders through Vectronix themselves end Friday.

Vectronix has told Ashbury that all dealer / distributor level orders will cease after Friday of this week. Ashbury will have a supply available but you have not gotten in on the Group Buy, now is your chance

Friday February 28, 2014 is the last day to place orders for the Vectronix Terrapin laser range finder. Production on this unit will cease, but warranty, repair service and support will extend thru 2019. When Ashbury inventories are depleted there will be no more! Contact APO’s customer service desk at (434) 296-8600 Ext 998 and order yours today and ask about receiving a manufacturers rebate certificate good for discounts on match grade ammunition, and SABER modular rifle chassis!

The Vectronix TERRAPIN delivers the smallest, lightest and most powerful laser range finder in its class. Wrapped in rugged, yet lightweight aluminum housing, the TERRAPIN offers exceptional target distance measurements to beyond 2,400+ meters. Hunters and shooters can now reliably and quickly measure distance targets under a wide variety of environmental conditions afield. The TERRAPIN is ideal for use by long range shooters, hunters, marksmen and for many sporting, target, competition and tactical applications. This laser range finder fits comfortably in your pocket!
Technical Specifications
Laser Range Finder
Laser Class : Class I Eyesafe
Range: 20m to 2400+ meters
Units of Measure: feet/yards/meters
Accuracy: ±3 meters
Wavelength: 905nm
Divergence: 0.4 x 2.4 mils
Opns Modes: Range Gating, Multiple-Object-Measurement, Built In Test
Optics
Magnification 5x
Reticle Illuminated and MIL type 5 mil graduations
Field of View 8 degrees
Environmental Testing
Waterproof 1 meter for 60 minutes
Physical Specifications
Weight 17.6 oz
Size 5” x 4.1” x 1.9”
Battery
Type CR123 x2 for 7000 measurements
Color
Black, Flat Dark Earth**, OD Green** (most popular colors)

I would love to have one, but can't afford it yet... I may be taking my chances here but I think I'll have to hold out and see what they come up at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to have one, but can't afford it yet... I may be taking my chances here but I think I'll have to hold out and see what they come up at the end of the year.

yes it will be interesting to see what they come out with, but rest assured it wont be cheaper and if it has a compass expect it to be significantly more $. terrapins really are a great buy for the money.

Just got an email today from PRG with my invoice and serial #. Expecting a tracking # shortly.

Hah, this Friday deadline is making my wallet itch! Debating on pulling the trigger...

I just called APO and made my order with Michelle (great gal to talk to by the way). I was told the order is looking like it will be about 3 weeks out for my FDE unit. Looking forward to it!!

Last edited:
I called APO and placed an order for one thru Michelle. She asked if I post or email anyone, to go ahead and clarify today is a last-call order day for distributors/retailers to book to Vectronix.

APO already placed a sizable last-call order which is inbound in 3-4 weeks, and that stock is available for us to order against until it's all gone.

I pulled it... The budget will have to just make room! I felt bad for Michelle, she's been swamped with orders all day. Awesome lady and excellent service at APO, can't wait to see the Terrapin.

Mine showed up today from PRG so I took it out for a spin. Not too shabby for a bright day. Yes thats 2,953 yds in bright sun.

And a small grain bin just before dusk. Furthest thing I can see from my deck.

Last edited:
I ordered my Terrapin here in Canada a week ago from our distributor, twenty20insight. I have a PLRF 15C but ordered the Terrapin because I think the 15C may be way more than what I need. I like having the incline/decline is nice but doubt I will ever need the compass feature. Either will range farther than I will need so does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Should I wait for the Terrapin and just sell the 15C?

I ordered my Terrapin here in Canada a week ago from our distributor, twenty20insight. I have a PLRF 15C but ordered the Terrapin because I think the 15C may be way more than what I need. I like having the incline/decline is nice but doubt I will ever need the compass feature. Either will range farther than I will need so does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Should I wait for the Terrapin and just sell the 15C?

the incline and compass data points on their own arent super valuable, you can get those from other tools way cheaper. the real value is that your 15c will interface with a pda like the trimble nomad and input all the data into the ballistics software. it saves all the manual entry of all those data points. if your a casual shooter and your not planning on buying a pda like the trimble nomad, the 15c may be overkill and all you need is a straightline range finder (tarrapin). however, 10c or 15c coupled to a nomad with field firing solutions and kestrel weather meter, has proven for many to be one of the best ballistics solutions currently available.

Last edited:
i have some inside info that there is a new product coming out that will enhance the integration ability of the plrf 10c and 15c. it wont be from vectronix but another source. if your just buying the plrf25c for the bt ability, you might want to just get the 10c or 15c :) there are issues with the built in bt on the 25c from what i gather. i dont think anyone has actually got it to link up with the trimble.

Come on that's just being a tease :)

Any more info on timing? I assume an external device connected to the plrf port, will it have a remote trigger?

If this is anytime soon I will hold off from dropping $350 on a cable.

Tony

Anyone know when EuroOptic will get a shipment of terrapins in? I back ordered one in January. Last I heard was early march.

Come on that's just being a tease :)

Any more info on timing? I assume an external device connected to the plrf port, will it have a remote trigger?

If this is anytime soon I will hold off from dropping $350 on a cable.

Tony

last info i had, said "a few months". likely no remote trigger. so if thats really important to you then still get the cable. i have the cable and its really nice. remote trigger may be a special order, but then you still have a wire, this facilities hand ranging with no wires by the spotter etc.

last info i had, said "a few months". likely no remote trigger. so if thats really important to you then still get the cable. i have the cable and its really nice. remote trigger may be a special order, but then you still have a wire, this facilities hand ranging with no wires by the spotter etc.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Is this a third party solution or Vectronix?

There is a Bluetooth adapter listed in the PLRF section of Potomac's catalogue along with the cables etc. I have never heard of it before but unfortunately it is almost a thousand bucks.

https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/ref_text/GS07F5489R/GS07F5489R_online.htm

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Is this a third party solution or Vectronix?

There is a Bluetooth adapter listed in the PLRF section of Potomac's catalogue along with the cables etc. I have never heard of it before but unfortunately it is almost a thousand bucks.

https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/ref_text/GS07F5489R/GS07F5489R_online.htm

its a third party solution and will be priced much more competetive than the vectronix unit you referenced. wow some of those vectronix prices are crazy.. as i get info ill pass it on to you guys. hopefully i can test one of the units out by summer.