• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tested Positive For Covid

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    As many here know, I'm on dialysis and along with this Covid thing, I've been a homebody for almost a year. Other than dialysis and doctor's appointments, I'm rarely out in public.

I started feeling bad this past Monday. Feeling like my life was being drained out of my rectum. Tuesday woke to a fever of 100.9 and chills. Fever finally broke on Friday and I started feeling a little better. Due to a procedure scheduled for the 29th, I was told to get tested for Covid. Just got back with a positive test result.

I have been referred for antibody treatment. Same thing Trump got. I'm going to make an appointment on Monday.

I will say that if this is what a compromised person feels like, I wouldn't fear this disease very much. My immune system is compromised more than most. I am technically obese (5' 11" and 230lbs) have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and end stage kidney failure.

By all accounts, I should be experiencing much greater symptoms and I should still be sick. Other than a cough and a slight sore throat, I'm feeling fine.

I've had seasonal colds knock me out for longer periods than this. Don't fear the reaper, either I'm very fortunate or this stuff isn't as bad as they say it is.

Sounds like the regular flu from your symptoms. But I ain't no doctor. Well they just ain't given me the MD yet. There's plenty of Mountain Doctors in these parts.

I just put in a call to Bubba and Sally. They is real Mountain Doctors. Anyway they suggested a poltice with copenhagen, barn dirt, rhubarb, dandelion and jack daniels. Mix everything together and smear it on some cheese cloth. Ohh only use about a shot glass of the Jack for this part. Then take the cloth and roll it up. After drinking two glasses of the Jack Daniels throw out the cheese cloth.
    They said you should be feeling better in about an hour or so

Reactions: MarshallDodge
    Lots of people have really mild Covid cases.
    You definitely don’t want the Covid I got a year ago.
    That SUCKED!

My point is that I have a more compromised immune system as it comes and I don't feel too bad. These are the people that are supposedly in fear for their lives if they contract the disease. I'm knocking on wood and saying a prayer, but so far, I'm very fortunate.

I hope it continues to be mild for you. Hang in there. At its best, being sick sucks.

Sorry to hear of your situation and hope all works out in the long run for you. I've had IL's that have got the Covid and symptoms are as described as you say.
    I, as you, don't force myself on the public. Still, I do the store, restaurant, go for walks in the park, thing and have not got the plague. I know I will get it one day, but, I'm not freaked-out by it.
    Good luck and press on with pride, my friend! Mac

As many here know, I'm on dialysis and along with this Covid thing, I've been a homebody for almost a year. Other than dialysis and doctor's appointments, I'm rarely out in public.

I started feeling bad this past Monday. Feeling like my life was being drained out of my rectum. Tuesday woke to a fever of 100.9 and chills. Fever finally broke on Friday and I started feeling a little better. Due to a procedure scheduled for the 29th, I was told to get tested for Covid. Just got back with a positive test result.

I have been referred for antibody treatment. Same thing Trump got. I'm going to make an appointment on Monday.

I will say that if this is what a compromised person feels like, I wouldn't fear this disease very much. My immune system is compromised more than most. I am technically obese (5' 11" and 230lbs) have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and end stage kidney failure.

By all accounts, I should be experiencing much greater symptoms and I should still be sick. Other than a cough and a slight sore throat, I'm feeling fine.

I've had seasonal colds knock me out for longer periods than this. Don't fear the reaper, either I'm very fortunate or this stuff isn't as bad as they say it is.
    Prayers 🙏 for you continued recovery brother. Did you lose taste or smell?

Glad you got it mild.

I dont know what it is that does it.
    seen more than a few healthy 35-50 yr olds (no medical issues and fit people) die.
    more with PEs, DVTs, and strokes.
    I see the charts. Actual MD notes and stuff. Not just crap on the web someone says but isnt verifies.
    Not thousands, but enough to make me know it varies and something is wonky with it.

I dont think this is what the MSM and Dems want us to believe, and there is something weird about it for sure.

My point is that I have a more compromised immune system as it comes and I don't feel too bad. These are the people that are supposedly in fear for their lives if they contract the disease. I'm knocking on wood and saying a prayer, but so far, I'm very fortunate.
    Yea, just be careful.
    It can get very serious very fast.

Prayers 🙏 for you continued recovery brother. Did you lose taste or smell?

Didn't lose them, but some foods tastes completely different. Eating a strawberry tastes the same, a banana, not so much.

I know this may sound weird, but whenever I get sick I eat mustard. Yellow mustard out of the jar, a few tablespoons each day. I think this has helped with the loss of taste.

Reactions: jcam and Holliday
    I'm immune compromised. Have had both Pfizer shots, so not much concern at this point. My doc did tell me that if I tested positive, to contact him immediately or go to the hospital for antibodies. He said its critical to get them as early as possible. If you wait too long, they won't be of benefit, at least per him...

It all depends, coworker got it, was very sick but seems to have recovered, however he lost his mother who had some complications, but he also lost his brother to covid and he was in his early 40's and quite fit/healthy. It seems like some families/genetics are hit worse by it than others. We're also seeing a lot of people who were sick early-mid last year having a lot of complications long term, even with mild symptoms. People who went from fit, happy, healthy, to shells of their former selves. Run down all the time, headaches, breathing problems that seem to come and go every couple months.

People think it's a joke, but 550k people aren't dead for nothing, and I'd be willing to bet especially early on, a lot of people that died were never tested for covid at all, especially if they had health complications.

That said lots of people have it, and seem fine, I'd bet a ton of people have had it and not even known. My girlfriend has a compromised immune system so we've been very careful, but it seems like a crap shoot on who it hits hard and who barely notices.

Get well!

Sorry to hear of your situation and hope all works out in the long run for you. I've had IL's that have got the Covid and symptoms are as described as you say.
    I, as you, don't force myself on the public. Still, I do the store, restaurant, go for walks in the park, thing and have not got the plague. I know I will get it one day, but, I'm not freaked-out by it.
    Good luck and press on with pride, my friend! Mac

Years ago, I read somewhere or was told by someone that eating mustard when you get sick will help. I started with the mustard (1 tablespoon, 2 times a day) on my first full day of symptoms. Four days later, I'm feeling much better.

I know there's no scientific reason for mustard to help, maybe it's just a mind over matter thing, but it's always worked for me. So much that when I start to feel sick (cold, flu or covid) I actually start to crave mustard.

Weird? YES. But it seems to work for me.

I'm immune compromised. Have had both Pfizer shots, so not much concern at this point. My doc did tell me that if I tested positive, to contact him immediately or go to the hospital for antibodies. He said its critical to get them as early as possible. If you wait too long, they won't be of benefit, at least per him...

I'm told it has to be done no later than 10 days after symptoms appear.

That's some Mountain Doctor stuff.
    Years ago, I read somewhere or was told by someone that eating mustard when you get sick will help. I started with the mustard (1 tablespoon, 2 times a day) on my first full day of symptoms. Four days later, I'm feeling much better.

I know there's no scientific reason for mustard to help, maybe it's just a mind over matter thing, but it's always worked for me. So much that when I start to feel sick (cold, flu or covid) I actually start to crave mustard.

Interesting. I remember hearing about mustard poultices is back in the day for pneumonia, I believe it was.

There was some solid anecdotal evidence regarding vitamin D and CvD19 that was later backed up by scientific studies. Been on Vitamin D since last May. Vitamin D is touted a as solid immune booster. Wonder if mustard is high in Vitamin D or if it helps with the absorption of Vitamin D......?

Reactions: Sean the Nailer

There are many ways to die. Covid is only one of them. Kidneys, heart, diabetes are just 3 others. Nobody knows what is going to happen. Then, may be airplane falls from the sky and hits your location or you fall and hit your head, etc... So, with consideration to this simple reality, just relax and do not worry about anything.

Sorry to hear about that man! I have a genetic kidney "disease" that I inherited from my mom and she is absolutely convinced that if any of us get covid, we're going to be on dialysis forever. I strongly disagree.

Glad to hear it's not so bad! Take good care of yourself. :)

Last edited:
    I work at a major Detroit hospital and I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a covid positive iso room and the patient is alert, up and if on oxygen just a little run down. This includes a majority of elderly. I'm not going to say one can't have a bad episode but far more often than not its fairly mild. What I've seen are the ones that are fat, diabetic, have heart disease and or very immune compromised don't do well, everyone else misus the rare statistic seem to recover in about the same time as the flu.

As for the spring and how bad it was, yes we were very busy, I'd really be interested to find out (basically impossible at this point in time) how many people were misdiagnosed and treated for the rona but had something else causing a worse medical situation and or increasing the patient death count.

Bullgear, all the best to you and your recovery. Take it easy and rest up.

Reactions: ajw65
    Didn't read all the replies. Will say wk two for the compermised sucks. Talk to dr and get on ivermectin, zpack and zink, D, C and way more pepcid than the bottle calls for. It's a sneaky bitch. Really.

First of all, feel better soon. My father chose not to do dialysis (stage 4) so I know a bit about what's going on. That said, it you brought up a good point like my 40 year old neighbors who have NOT been in a public building in 1 year. Their 2 children have NOT had any exposure to other children - both in elementary school (2nd grade, 5th grade). NOT good for the future of their children IMO...but what do I know. I have no children.

BullGear - first off, it's good to hear that you're doing well. Hope you have a fast, full recovery.

If you don't mind, I would be interested if you could share some information about one factor of your particular situation. Specifically, did you grow up as a child in a rural environment around livestock, and especially chickens, geese and any other birds raised in fairly close quarters? This question has to do with the early development of your immune system.

BullGear - first off, it's good to hear that you're doing well. Hope you have a fast, full recovery.

If you don't mind, I would be interested if you could share some information about one factor of your particular situation. Specifically, did you grow up as a child in a rural environment around livestock, and especially chickens, geese and any other birds raised in fairly close quarters? This question has to do with the early development of your immune system.

Not really. We never had chickens or fowl, but aunts/uncles/cousins did. Then we move to Maryland before I was 10 and then no contact.

Not really. We never had chickens or fowl, but aunts/uncles/cousins did. Then we move to Maryland before I was 10 and then no contact.
    O.K. There's a lot that researchers still don't know about how and why individuals can respond so differently to viral infections.

I've been reading that the immune systems of people in the general population are overall not as strong as they were a few generations ago. It's theorized that people growing up in urban environments (which are the majority of us now) don't get the exposure as children to the variety of pathogens that previous generations in more rural situations commonly experienced. This lack of exposure/challenge to their developing immune systems is thought may leave them with less ability to fight off the infections and diseases they will encounter later in life.

This is only anecdotal, but my sisters and I grew up tending to dogs, cats, horses and cattle as well as chickens, geese and guinea fowl. We also hunted and ate all sorts of wild game. We had the usual childhood illnesses, but as adults all of us very rarely experience colds or flu. I occasionally have mild seasonal allergy symptoms in the spring and fall, but I haven't had a flu or a cold worth mentioning in decades. I now strongly suspect that my early, continual exposure to lots of animals and a great deal of time spent in the outdoors gave me a robust immune system. I thought that you might have grown up in similar circumstances, but it just shows that there are also other factors involved in immune system response.

O.K. There's a lot that researchers still don't know about how and why individuals can respond so differently to viral infections.

I've been reading that the immune systems of people in the general population are overall not as strong as they were a few generations ago. It's theorized that people growing up in urban environments (which are the majority of us now) don't get the exposure as children to the variety of pathogens that previous generations in more rural situations commonly experienced. This lack of exposure/challenge to their developing immune systems is thought may leave them with less ability to fight off the infections and diseases they will encounter later in life.

This is only anecdotal, but my sisters and I grew up tending to dogs, cats, horses and cattle as well as chickens, geese and guinea fowl. We also hunted and ate all sorts of wild game. We had the usual childhood illnesses, but as adults all of us very rarely experience colds or flu. I occasionally have mild seasonal allergy symptoms in the spring and fall, but I haven't had a flu or a cold worth mentioning in decades. I now strongly suspect that my early, continual exposure to lots of animals and a great deal of time spent in the outdoors gave me a robust immune system. I thought that you might have grown up in similar circumstances, but it just shows that there are also other factors involved in immune system response.

I've hunted for 46 years years (on and off). Ate a good bit of wildlife over my 60 years on this rocky globe. So maybe that's the connection. I ate a lot of dirt growing up, played out in a field or park for more than 16 hours each day during the Summers of my youth. I learned how to throw a punch and take a punch in a sorta "Fight Club" when I was a kid.

I think many will find that those who were outdoors and doing something will be more adaptable to disease and illnesses than those who sat home or just played in their yard. We didn't have helicopter parents back then. The only time I remember either of my parents hanging over me was playing sports. They would come to my game. Practice was on me.

If you weren't out doing something, your friends knew you were either punished or sick. Rarely was I ever sick, but the punishment thing was always an issue for me.

Get well, stay well and update us via this thread to your recovery. Best of luck sir. 🙏

No helicopter parents for me either.

When I aggravated my father too much he would tell me to go play out in the middle of the highway for a while. "Oh, DAD!!!" o_O:ROFLMAO:

Get well OP, was worried the Snail-ien-ChupaCasper from your other thread had gotten you after no response.

Last edited:
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. A guy i work with got it and so did his wife and son. He has been down for 3 weeks now and still sounds horrible, just got released to go home with oxygen. His wife has diabetes and is fighting for her life in intensive care, his son is autistic and didnt really get hit hard but it has been incredibly trying for them the entire time to keep him taken care of. Overall scary stuff

Wife went this evening to get tested and they told her that since she lives in the same house and shares many things with me, they weren't going to test her. They told her just to assume that she is will be positive at some point. She's a very healthy woman, so she wouldn't qualify for antibody therapy, so I guess this sounds okay. I'm not realy sure I accept the no test part of their story, but they are the professionals.

Her aunt's husband came down with Covid and was pretty sick, but her aunt never got a sniffle. So that what I'm hoping for her.

Whatever it really is it’s weird stuff. My wife has had it twice. I had it in October. I had a low grade fever for 23 days straight. I still feel some after effects. Hang in there and heal up brother.

Forgot to mention, talk to dr about low dose aspirin. Mine told me to take for three months to help prevent blood clots.

Forgot to mention, talk to dr about low dose aspirin. Mine told me to take for three months to help prevent blood clots.

I'm on 2, 81mg Aspirin as a blood thinner, so I'll be taking that forever. That won't be a problem, thanks for the advice.

I'm feeling like sick dog this morning, but it feels like a bad cold. Last night trying to sleep, my neck was hurting like I was laying on an unfamiliar pillow.

So far, this morning hasn't started off too well. Lets see what happens as the day goes on...

Thanks everyone!!!

Despite the outright lies they told us in the beginning, early treatment of any disease is in your best interest. Waiting for peoples immune system to overreact before treatment was either the stupidest idea ever, or bad advice given intentionally to drive up death numbers.

550k have died from this my ass.

Reactions: Bender
    The flu disappears. No one catches a cold anymore. Where are they piles of dead bodies on the streets from the COVID?

Bombard people with fake news 24/7 telling them they are going to be sick and death is just around the corner and they will start to believe it. People will start to manifest imaginary symptoms and the BS testing will confirm their worst fears.

CV19 is a weapon for the elites to grab power and control of the political machine, wealth and the population in the US.

It's all complete and total bullshit. People get the flu and colds. Some people die from that. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

Olympic caliber PSYOP.

Rant over.

The flu disappears. No one catches a cold anymore. Where are they piles of dead bodies on the streets from the COVID?

Bombard people with fake news 24/7 telling them they are going to be sick and death is just around the corner and they will start to believe it. People will start to manifest imaginary symptoms and the BS testing will confirm their worst fears.

CV19 is a weapon for the elites to grab power and control of the political machine, wealth and the population in the US.

It's all complete and total bullshit. People get the flu and colds. Some people die from that. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

Olympic caliber PSYOP.

Rant over.
    Dude, my sister is a microbiologist at UT working for the cdc. This isnt a video game where we just chunk out the dead on the street. I myself graduated A&M as a paramedic in the early 2000's. I dont believe its as dangerous as the media said, but real honest scientists are freaking out right now because there havent been any flu cases hardly this year. That means no vaccine for next year. People who dont believe in it are getting just as sick as people who bought it all hook, line and sinker. I believe the narritive that has tried to be changed since the beggining. China created this weapon and then fucked up and let it loose on the world. An old cia director once told me some good advice. He said to check out all the news, both echo chambers, all echo chambers. See what they are all talking about, then see what none are talking about and that is what you need to worry about. Occoms razor is a good tool for helping clear doubt about bullshit. Real critical thinking is anyones best weapon right now. In your statement the elites from America have released a bio weapon in china to eventually make it to America so they can control the masses of peasants. Wake up, china is the enemy, always has been. Yes we have a shitstorm of crap politicians that need to be replaced, but the elites allready own you and have since the beginning unless you are one.

Dude, my sister is a microbiologist at UT working for the cdc. This isnt a video game where we just chunk out the dead on the street. I myself graduated A&M as a paramedic in the early 2000's. I dont believe its as dangerous as the media said, but real honest scientists are freaking out right now because there havent been any flu cases hardly this year. That means no vaccine for next year. People who dont believe in it are getting just as sick as people who bought it all hook, line and sinker. I believe the narritive that has tried to be changed since the beggining. China created this weapon and then fucked up and let it loose on the world. An old cia director once told me some good advice. He said to check out all the news, both echo chambers, all echo chambers. See what they are all talking about, then see what none are talking about and that is what you need to worry about. Occoms razor is a good tool for helping clear doubt about bullshit. Real critical thinking is anyones best weapon right now. In your statement the elites from America have released a bio weapon in china to eventually make it to America so they can control the masses of peasants. Wake up, china is the enemy, always has been. Yes we have a shitstorm of crap politicians that need to be replaced, but the elites allready own you and have since the beginning unless you are one.
    With all due respect to you and your sister's profession...how many "real" scientist are running the CDC. The CDC is a bureaucratic agency just like all of the other money grubbing federal agencies. Are hospitals profiting from positive covid diagnosis and covid cause of death determinations? Bet your ass they are. Follow the money. Lots of people getting fat off of this while Americans are getting screwed.

The US and China created a little monster in a lab and set it loose. Sent infected people all over the globe looking to cripple the planet for their great reset. That didn't happen so enter the politicians and media to scare the shit out of everyone and lock the world's economy and change the presidential race in the US. Add in the BS testing and have the media report it as if it were true.

People get the flu and die. People get colds and it worsens causing medical intervention.

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I'm calling it total bullshit and I am just an old cranky bastard that is tired of the federal government making life miserable for a lot of people.

A+ PSYOP

Reactions: Woodlanddude
    With all due respect to you and your sister's profession...how many "real" scientist are running the CDC. The CDC is a bureaucratic agency just like all of the other money grubbing federal agencies. Are hospitals profiting from positive covid diagnosis and covid cause of death determinations? Bet your ass they are. Follow the money. Lots of people getting fat off of this while Americans are getting screwed.

The US and China created a little monster in a lab and set it loose. Sent infected people all over the globe looking to cripple the planet for their great reset. That didn't happen so enter the politicians and media to scare the shit out of everyone and lock the world's economy and change the presidential race in the US. Add in the BS testing and have the media report it as if it were true.

People get the flu and die. People get colds and it worsens causing medical intervention.

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I'm calling it total bullshit and I am just an old cranky bastard that is tired of the federal government making life miserable for a lot of people.

A+ PSYOP
    Dude, you dont know how many times i talk to my sister and just have to ask "why does it always seem like you guys are totally inept at your job?" From stories she tells me. Look, for me the flu has never killed my sense of smell and taste. It seems to me like it was designed to take out a specific sect of people, but were all such mutts that knowbody knows who diddled who to create each person. We know this, 1. The media is spinning shit. 2. There is something killing some people and we dont know why it picks some and not others yet. 3. Scientist is a loose term in 2021. Look im an oilfeild guy at this point in life. I dont wear a mask, last store that asked me to i said "i cant i have a condition" they asked what condition? " the condition of wheather or not imma spend my money here". But im intelligent enought to believe what i see, and i can no longer deny that there is something making some people gravely ill.

Dude, you dont know how many times i talk to my sister and just have to ask "why does it always seem like you guys are totally inept at your job?" From stories she tells me. Look, for me the flu has never killed my sense of smell and taste. It seems to me like it was designed to take out a specific sect of people, but were all such mutts that knowbody knows who diddled who to create each person. We know this, 1. The media is spinning shit. 2. There is something killing some people and we dont know why it picks some and not others yet. 3. Scientist is a loose term in 2021. Look im an oilfeild guy at this point in life. I dont wear a mask, last store that asked me to i said "i cant i have a condition" they asked what condition? " the condition of wheather or not imma spend my money here". But im intelligent enought to believe what i see, and i can no longer deny that there is something making some people gravely ill.
    I agree with you. There is something that is definitely making some people gravely ill. It is obesity, high sugar diet, fast food diet, smoking, alcohol, drugs, sedentary lifestyle and a whole host of other poor life choices. Combine all of these with the common cold and flu...people aren't going to live through it.

I've enjoyed the discussion but we just have different opinions on the matter.

Happy shooting

Reactions: Texasflyer
    My 99 year old grandma tested positive for COVID. She didn't even get sick. My 92 year old grandma died from dementia, she was listed as COVID, she never had a COVID symptom either. Except what seems to be the most common one, "being old with chronic condition." I don't mean just sick either. I mean at deaths door. My grandma had been on hospice, not eating or drinking for almost two weeks before she took the test that came back positive. That test came back almost two full weeks after her death. She never had som much as a sniffle. Friends grandma, same facility, same story. Another in Holly, I know his family. He was 91, I heard some people at work saying he died of the COVID. I talked to the family. They said he hadn't been sick, he died, and they were told it was COVID. 🤷‍♂️

You can, "no longer deny there is something making people seriously ill." I assume you mean something else, different, something we have never seen before. Because there are tons of things that make people seriously ill. I think the fact that we haven't seen the flu this year, in that it is being diagnosed as COVID, same with cold, same with allergies. Anyone I know who has had a cough, runny nose, or soar throat all year has been quarantined, and told to continue their quarantine even after a negative COVID test.

So what do you base your new opinion, that there is some new disease stacking bodies in cold storage, on?

You can, "no longer deny there is something making people seriously ill." I assume you mean something else, different, something we have never seen before. Because there are tons of things that make people seriously ill. I think the fact that we haven't seen the flu this year, in that it is being diagnosed as COVID, same with cold, same with allergies. Anyone I know who has had a cough, runny nose, or soar throat all year has been quarantined, and told to continue their quarantine even after a negative COVID test.

So what do you base your new opinion, that there is some new disease stacking bodies in cold storage, on?
    Just some personal experiences. My dads daughters son lost his taste and smell for 2 months, he was getting dehydrated because he didnt want to eat or drink. My coworker nearly biting the bullet, my boss nearly biting it as well, but the secretarys... just couldnt taste stuff. I think there is a connection we havent made yet. I think the waters are so muddy that all anyone can do is wait and see. We all watched this thing spread around the world. Real science unfortunately takes time...

I'm on 2, 81mg Aspirin as a blood thinner, so I'll be taking that forever. That won't be a problem, thanks for the advice.

I'm feeling like sick dog this morning, but it feels like a bad cold. Last night trying to sleep, my neck was hurting like I was laying on an unfamiliar pillow.

So far, this morning hasn't started off too well. Lets see what happens as the day goes on...

Thanks everyone!!!

Sucks to hear you're sick as a dog today. Take it for what its worth but Bull, might want to give green tea and zinc a go. Green tea has known anti viral properties and quite a powerful zinc ionophore, and as we are now aware zinc along with HCQ works fighting covid. Hope you feel better.

Just some personal experiences. My dads daughters son lost his taste and smell for 2 months, he was getting dehydrated because he didnt want to eat or drink. My coworker nearly biting the bullet, my boss nearly biting it as well, but the secretarys... just couldnt taste stuff. I think there is a connection we havent made yet. I think the waters are so muddy that all anyone can do is wait and see. We all watched this thing spread around the world. Real science unfortunately takes time...

From my experience alone, I can say that although I've had some symptoms earlier in the year and had a negative result, this time I knew I had Covid before I walked into the hospital Urgent Care unit. I am very in tune with my body. I went to my cardiac specialist and told him I knew I had a few blockages. After a cath and bypass, both him and the surgeon asked me how I knew. I told them that something told me my heart wasn't right. I had 5 way bypass without having a heart attack.

As far as Covid, I think the little buggers settle in different parts of the body. In my case, most of my discomfort was in my stomach and intestines. I believe the more severe cases end up settling in the lungs and as such cause the entire body to suffer. I think I was able to expel a good bit of the bug out of my body due to the diarrhea. After all, I thought my life was being drained from my rectum. Now I'm no scientist but this makes more since than the shoulder shrugs the doctors/scientist are giving us.

I think Covid looks for something within your system and attacks that location. When it settles in and gets comfortable, it starts to spread. I bet those of us with the more gastrointestinal issues are the folks who have less problems. Those who seem to start off with Covid in the lungs will suffer more because the lungs control so much more.

My pulse oximeter has never gone below 98 since I started with Covid.