• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Q got famous for the honey badger. The rattler is a significantly better system than the honey badger. I owned a noveske n4pdw which is essentially a honey badger and Uses the same flimsy stock and it was a piece of junk compared to the rattler I sold it to buy. The fix is a cool looking rifle but doesn’t do anything special I don’t see how the price tag is justifiable for what you are actually getting.

I thought that way too. I probably have every rifle the Q fix is a competitor to. Including the Cross.

The Q stomps their asses. Even though its expensive and a bit gimmicky.

Reactions: craigos and BamaSE
Anyone knows where to get the full length arca rail for the fix? Many thanks.

I'd be much more interested in seeing what could clear the folder with the bolt closed

If we could mount a mini knob on the end of the factory unit it might be worth trying... I think I remember Kampfeld having a little tiny custom knob called the campfire

Have one on the way. Is there a Q-sert sling mount included in the kit? Or do I just need to go ahead and order?Thanks.

Anybody running a S&B Polar T96 2.5-10x50mm/34mm tube on their Fix?
If so please advise on ring brand and height.
Thanks!

Anybody running a S&B Polar T96 2.5-10x50mm/34mm tube on their Fix?
If so please advise on ring brand and height.
Thanks!

If you have the full pic rail up top, you'll probably need 1.25" rings. Q recommends the American Precision rings, which come in 34mm as well.

Reactions: BamaSE
If you have the full pic rail up top, you'll probably need 1.25" rings. Q recommends the American Precision rings, which come in 34mm as well.

With an eotech vudu with a 50mm objective, there isn't much more clearance than a stick of gum. It's a nice fit.

Has anyone used the standard profile 16" barrel (6.5 or 308) for multi-day courses or competitions? I'm wondering if anyone saw any issues shooting 100-130 rounds or so per day (other than shoulder bruises if you don't like the stock pad). How did accuracy hold up with sustained strings of fire?

Has anyone polished the sear surfaces or replaced springs inside the bolt to try and lighten the trigger pull. I'm spoiled by using a Triggertech on my 700 clone and find the Fix trigger a bit heavy when I'm really focusing on accuracy.

IMO the first stage is too light and second stage too heavy. I don’t mind the total trigger weight. I haven’t looked for a solution, though.

Reactions: BamaSE
Looking for some load data on a 6.5 Q Fix 16" Proof barrel. Wanting to use the 123 SST's. I have H4350, Varget, CFE223, 2000-MR, R22, 4000-MR and some others. Anyone used these combos with success?

Not a big fan of q as a company. The honey badger was their original claim to fame and it was a poor prototype of the sig rattler made famous by call of duty. Everything they sell is overpriced and you can build a 6.5 on a defiance action in whatever stock or chassis you want with a bartlein barrel for the same price.
Ignorance.

What is innovative about the fix? It seems like a chassis bolt gun. The owner worked for sig and ripped them off.
So ignorant. It’s not a chassis gun. Sig ripped me off...and that didn’t age well considering the recalls and bullshit. The innovation...6 pounds, 45 degree bolt throw, folding sock, easy caliber and barrel change, sear in the bolt assembly (maybe Sig should’ve copied that?), different length top rail, muzzle taper, safe/balanced trigger, AR ergonomics, etc.

Well... Sig must think the design is good enough to put out a copy (even if it's quite a bit cheaper). I wonder if the economy of scale makes it easier for Sig to produce.
Sig didn’t copy the right stuff. They cut corners. Two recalls so far. Hacks.

Q got famous for the honey badger. The rattler is a significantly better system than the honey badger. I owned a noveske n4pdw which is essentially a honey badger and Uses the same flimsy stock and it was a piece of junk compared to the rattler I sold it to buy. The fix is a cool looking rifle but doesn’t do anything special I don’t see how the price tag is justifiable for what you are actually getting.
Such ignorance. We are famous for innovation. The Rattler is too heavy and can’t be suppressed and maintain reliability...read the manual. “Flimsy”...never seen a failed one. You? The Noveske is NOTHING like the Honey Badger.

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
Me waiting for all the replies
9AA093BF-7832-42BA-8F81-54D64EC1B81F.jpeg

Just my 0.02..... make the next Fix a straight pull :)
I think the straight pull from Merkel (spelling) is short enough.

Don’t care about the drama but it is innovative. Kudos to them for risking their business to make it.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
Such ignorance. We are famous for innovation. The Rattler is too heavy and can’t be suppressed and maintain reliability...read the manual. “Flimsy”...never seen a failed one. You? The Noveske is NOTHING like the Honey Badger.
I owned a n4pdw which has the same recoil system. Was not a fan. felt like a pain in my cheek every shot. Doesn’t the noveske use the same operating system and stock? I prefer piston systems. Find them to be significantly cleaner to run. Because you designed these things you might be a little close but
how is the noveske and the hb different?I undestrand you designed the hb and it might seem extremely different to you as an engineer but as an enthusiast it seems like the operating system is the same along with the stock/brace. The finish is different? My rattler shoots softer and I run it suppressed with a dead air sandman s (best can on the market) and it seems to not have any malfunctions and runs significantly cleaner than the n4pdw. I am not an engineer I am an enthusiast.

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
So ignorant. It’s not a chassis gun. Sig ripped me off...and that didn’t age well considering the recalls and bullshit. The innovation...6 pounds, 45 degree bolt throw, folding sock, easy caliber and barrel change, sear in the bolt assembly (maybe Sig should’ve copied that?), different length top rail, muzzle taper, safe/balanced trigger, AR ergonomics, etc.
Nothing revolutionary about a folding stock and easy barrel change, carbon fiber barrels have been out for years. It’s cool that you made minor changes to a platform that is great but my argument is I can make a gun that is just as good with a switch lug adapter for less money. Most of what you listed have been done before you just put it all together

Nothing revolutionary about a folding stock and easy barrel change, carbon fiber barrels have been out for years. It’s cool that you made minor changes to a platform that is great but my argument is I can make a gun that is just as good with a switch lug adapter for less money. Most of what you listed have been done before you just put it all together (emphasis added)

I'm not going to argue with any of your premises, but it seems like you are kind of making @Kevin Brittingham 's point for him: Q/He "put it all together" as you say. The Fix is like the Lego version of a rifle; and my youngbloods and I still dig the Legos. Ridiculous ease of configuring exactly what you want, or just run it as is and know it will work well. It doesn't need to compete with consumer-spec builds or heavy OEM offerings.

A total newb can switch out from 6.5 to 308 (or 8.6 Blackout if @Kevin Brittingham will get out of the Hot Tub Q&A Sessions), change up the top rail if you want to run in-line NV/thermal or go minimal with the short rail and just a scope. You just need a single torx wrench (and a barrel tool if you want to swap barrels) to handle every adjustment to rails, stock, etc. Q-sert mounts also seem more solid than m-lok without being too portly.

I don't view consumers going out and gathering parts for a spec build as a close competitor for the Fix. The Fix is a one-stop-shop for a good rifle. That's the whole point: we, the consumers, who don't have the time or inclination--do not have to waste our time searching the interwebz for the right TriggerTech trigger package, a particular chassis/folding stock, a particular barrel config, a specific bolt action, make sure the accessories will be able to mount to the handguard, accurize/bed barrels, etc.

Similarly, the value proposition for the Fix is still stupid high given the street price is around or not too much more than off-the-shelf chassis guns from other companies like Tikka or AI. And, those guns are weighing in closer to 10-12 lbs rather than 6-7lbs for the Fix.

(ramblings while I avoid real work)

Any plan on releasing a canted top rail for the Fix that doesn't touch the handguard?

I owned a n4pdw which has the same recoil system. Was not a fan. felt like a pain in my cheek every shot. Doesn’t the noveske use the same operating system and stock? I prefer piston systems. Find them to be significantly cleaner to run. Because you designed these things you might be a little close but

how is the noveske and the hb different?I undestrand you designed the hb and it might seem extremely different to you as an engineer but as an enthusiast it seems like the operating system is the same along with the stock/brace. The finish is different? My rattler shoots softer and I run it suppressed with a dead air sandman s (best can on the market) and it seems to not have any malfunctions and runs significantly cleaner than the n4pdw. I am not an engineer I am an enthusiast.
The stock is the same, Noveske did their own carrier and recoil system.

HB is a pound or so lighter weight than the Noveske and Rattler. The Rattler will not last long term with a silencer, which is why Sig does not warranty it.

The HB uses an adjustable gas block, fast twist barrel, and muzzle taper. The Noveske uses a larger barrel port to ensure operation. We don’t do that. As a result, the recoil does not feel the same.

Dead Air does not make the best cans in any class, but that depends on how you define “best” I suppose. They are a S&W, Ruger brand IMO.

Most gas and debris comes thru the barrel, not the gas system when shooting when a silencer. This why the MP-5SD is dirty shooting. Pistons are louder, heavier, more parts, etc. There’s occasionally a place for that, and maybe a 5” 300BLK without a silencer is it...

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
Nothing revolutionary about a folding stock and easy barrel change, carbon fiber barrels have been out for years. It’s cool that you made minor changes to a platform that is great but my argument is I can make a gun that is just as good with a switch lug adapter for less money. Most of what you listed have been done before you just put it all together
Agreed. Kinda. We aren’t using a chassis. 6 pounds. Unibody receiver. 45 degree bolt throw. Sear in the bolt (first time ever), AR ergonomics, tapered muzzle, barrel extension, the folding stock uses a hinges that continues to wedge as it wears, quick change bolt handle, etc. Basically, get real...

Tagged to learn how a switch lug 700 in someone’s random aluminum chassis at 14 pounds is the same as a Fix.

Reactions: Hondo1
One more suggested tweak for the V2 (other than straight pull bolt😁).....some accommodation for thermal scopes with a PVS14 eyepiece and limited eye relief.....think Trijicon and N-vision. My Trijicon Reap is very functional, but if I could gain 1/2-1” of eye relief it would be perfect. Not sure if this is possible given the bolt travel back to the adjustable comb does not give any variance. An extended picatinny rail over the bolt shroud would probably require a higher rail height. Not sure the solution but it would sure make this platform a desirable choice amongst night hunters using dedicated US made thermal scopes and not clip ons on a bolt rifle.

09BA049A-124C-485A-8BA8-275A9CBCB1EA.jpeg

HB is a pound or so lighter weight than the Noveske and Rattler. The Rattler will not last long term with a silencer, which is why Sig does not warranty it.

The HB uses an adjustable gas block, fast twist barrel, and muzzle taper. The Noveske uses a larger barrel port to ensure operation. We don’t do that. As a result, the recoil does not feel the same.

Dead Air does not make the best cans in any class, but that depends on how you define “best” I suppose. They are a S&W, Ruger brand IMO.

Most gas and debris comes thru the barrel, not the gas system when shooting when a silencer. This why the MP-5SD is dirty shooting. Pistons are louder, heavier, more parts, etc. There’s occasionally a place for that, and maybe a 5” 300BLK without a silencer

Most gas and debris comes thru the barrel, not the gas system when shooting when a silencer. This why the MP-5SD is dirty shooting. Pistons are louder, heavier, more parts, etc. There’s occasionally a place for that, and maybe a 5” 300BLK without a silencer is it...
Fair enough they look very similar and the internals appeared identical except cosmetics. Dead air attachment method or Surefire qd attachements- use of stellite baffles

I have been waiting for the 8.6 blackout fix since heard the news and finally broke down and bought a 6.5 creed 16” Fix and put the trash panda on it and it has become my new favorite gun.. feels so solid and the stock is rock tight. It only would be better if it shot out sprinkled donuts after the bullet. I’m tired of heavy guns . I like how you can put a shorter top rail on also.

Finally got my Fix, after much waiting up north (I am in Canada).

We don't have access to the Proof, Bartlein / Tooley barrels, and I am wondering if I should just pick up the OEM (Green Mountain Barrels).

I have it in 16" 6.5, and may purchase the 22" (6.5) and 16" (.308).

Do you guys feel the OEM barrels meet your requirements?

Reactions: Sjc141

We don't have access to the Proof, Bartlein / Tooley barrels, and I am wondering if I should just pick up the OEM (Green Mountain Barrels).

The standard barrel and rifle is easily a sub MOA gun. You'll probably hit trans/subsonic around 900 yards or so depending on your round, but it will shoot really well out to 850 or so--you're only getting so much velocity out of 16". Then, especially if it's windy, past that will be unpredictable with the subsonic transition. You can still get on target at 1000 with some consistency if it's not gusting too bad. 120 and 140/143 hornady match and eld-x bullets have all shot very well from mine.

It

IMO its not a switch barrel gun. Just leave it the handy lightweight gun that it is.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
The standard barrel and rifle is easily a sub MOA gun. You'll probably hit trans/subsonic around 900 yards or so depending on your round, but it will shoot really well out to 850 or so--you're only getting so much velocity out of 16". Then, especially if it's windy, past that will be unpredictable with the subsonic transition. You can still get on target at 1000 with some consistency if it's not gusting too bad. 120 and 140/143 hornady match and eld-x bullets have all shot very well from mine.
Thank you, this is great info.

It

IMO its not a switch barrel gun. Just leave it the handy lightweight gun that it is.

Agreed on this. However, we can't have nice things in Canada. I do shoot a lot and just want to be prepared for this and next season.

Mine came with a 22” green mountain. I had it cut down to 17.5” since it always has a silencer on it. Still groups within a thumb nail at 200y and carries over 1000 lbs of energy out to 600 with 143gr ELDX.

Mine came with a 22” green mountain. I had it cut down to 17.5” since it always has a silencer on it. Still groups within a thumb nail at 200y and carries over 1000 lbs of energy out to 600 with 143gr ELDX.

Have you chron'd the 143s from your 17.5 or a 16" barrel?

Someone chrono'd the 120gr Match Hornadys through my 16" barrel at 2556. I'm trying to work a ballistic profile for the 143 ELD-X. Also, do people think the .311 G7 BC is realistic for that bullet, or is it a little lower?

Have you chron'd the 143s from your 17.5 or a 16" barrel?

Someone chrono'd the 120gr Match Hornadys through my 16" barrel at 2556. I'm trying to work a ballistic profile for the 143 ELD-X. Also, do people think the .311 G7 BC is realistic for that bullet, or is it a little lower?
Sure have. 17.5” metered an average 2517 fps for 143 ELDX and 2470 fps for 140 ELDM. I need to test my 120’s. Hornady has 143’s ballistic coefficient as .625 (G1) .315 (G7)

Edit: forgot to mention my velocities are through the tube and a Thunder Chicken.

Last edited:
Sure have. 17.5” metered an average 2517 fps for 143 ELDX and 2470 fps for 140 ELDM. I need to test my 120’s. Hornady has 143’s ballistic coefficient as .625 (G1) .315 (G7)

Thanks for the data points.

I've seen the Hornady numbers, but I've had a few people much more knowledgeable than I mentioning that Hornady's numbers were a little optimistic. E.g., they had the 120gr match bullet at about .02 less BC than advertised.

Thanks for the data points.

I've seen the Hornady numbers, but I've had a few people much more knowledgeable than I mentioning that Hornady's numbers were a little optimistic. E.g., they had the 120gr match bullet at about .02 less BC than advertised.
Ah ok. That’s too much into the weeds for me, I shoot factory ammo and it’s more than good enough for what I need

Ah ok. That’s too much into the weeds for me, I shoot factory ammo and it’s more than good enough for what I need

Same, shooting factory but trying to get good app data. Had wondered why the 120s were off, and I think it may have been the BC difference.