• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

How did you guys get on the Mini Fix band wagon? I've been pestering KB for months.

We were on the pre-order for the minifix back in Jan 2018. We put 1/2 down and made a donation to the soldier foundation.

We were on the pre-order for the minifix back in Jan 2018. We put 1/2 down and made a donation to the soldier foundation.

Ah, gotcha. That's one helluva long pre-order, glad you guys are finally getting 'em!

How the hell did you get one of these?? Ive been watching for them religiously. And #27? Damn thats my number. Im jealous.

ahhh...just saw your above post....
It was a nice trade off. I communicated with him through IG and other forms of social media, gave him feedback and photos of all the Q rifles I have purchased and showed much interest in the mini fix. Kb invited me out to build it and I was able to get him an autographed skateboard from a buddy of mine. Very nice crew up in NH at the Q headquarters. I plan on going back and bringing the family with me. Attached is a photo of my son and his new mini fix. Although I don’t expect him to be using it any time soon so I’ll do the honors for him. Merry Christmas everyone! Hold your loved ones and remind them of how much you love and care for them. It is a mean and crazy world out there and we sometimes need to remind each other that love still does exist. Hopefully this photo makes some of you smile or laugh.

Attachments

• BAF44EB0-590B-46B0-9F80-FA903B178B53.jpeg
    BAF44EB0-590B-46B0-9F80-FA903B178B53.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 237
On another note. This here is a 10 round group with my 6.5 cm fix with proof barrel. Ammo of choice this day was some Hornady match 147 grain.

Badass man! I just ordered a Fix in 6.5. I had an early version 308 for a while, but I sure couldn't make it do that! Hopefully I have better luck with the 6.5.

What are you guys doing for a 16" proof carbon 6.5?

I see Tag has them for crazy money, but @Supersubes 16" 6.5x47 is looking super sexy, and I think he did something different. Shed some light for me?

Badass man! I just ordered a Fix in 6.5. I had an early version 308 for a while, but I sure couldn't make it do that! Hopefully I have better luck with the 6.5.

I see Tag has them for crazy money, but @Supersubes 16" 6.5x47 is looking super sexy, and I think he did something different. Shed some light for me?

I did my own. Tooley could do one for you I believe. Digging the 6.5x47. Functions beautifully from the standard mags, and I’m happy with the speed.

Reactions: Shrubjr
I did my own. Tooley could do one for you I believe. Digging the 6.5x47. Functions beautifully from the standard mags, and I’m happy with the speed.

Thanks man, I went back a few pages and used my first-grader skills to read up on what you done. Looks sweet!

Mine is running a 24 inch 6.5 carbon proof. Although I’d like to get my hands on a 16 inches. Mine too originally was a 308

The photo with the rifle was a customer gun we sighted in. It's a factory 308 16" barrel and Federal Premium 168 Berger Hybrid Hunter factory load. Second photo is my 16" proof barreled fix with the same ammo. Pulled the last shot cause I was getting worked up over how good the group was coming out. Haha! The first four went into 3/16". Both at 100 yds.

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_161225.jpg
    IMG_20191208_161225.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20191110_161847.jpg
    IMG_20191110_161847.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 192
Any Fix owners have an extra Q Taper Adapter in 5/8-24? They are completely sold out over the entire internet and I have a fix coming to me. I need the adapter to mount my suppressor..

A97132F3-C364-4E3D-9431-8F566B85D2A3.jpeg

Reactions: Jgunner
IDK, All my MCXs are 300 Blkout(5/8-24) and came with the adapter
I suggest calling Sig and ordering from customer service.

Last edited:
Does The Fix ship with any Q-Sert picatinny rail sections to mount a bipod? My fix is en route.

Last edited:
Anyone going to consider the new Sig Cross? It would be interesting to see comparison data since the Sig is half the price of the Fix.

Reactions: deersniper
Anyone going to consider the new Sig Cross? It would be interesting to see comparison data since the Sig is half the price of the Fix.

I'd give it a year. Mostly because even if the rifle is good SIG is terrible about dropping products and/or gen2'ing them due to issues at release. I also doubt it'll be any different Indian MIM part wise and could have early parts breaking.

I'll skip .277 Fury if its a two piece clipped case design. From all the NGSW discussions with people in the know, that is not a good design for accuracy. However, it's possible they are doing it with a single piece all brass design. If so, it could be a very interesting round indeed. Especially wildcatted to a 6.5 bore where it should have been to start.

But yes, I'm excited to see these new chassis/designs appearing. Ruger could absolutely jump in with a release in the next few years based on the RPR/American action but adapted to a similar platform. Like an 'Ruger Precision Lightweight Hunting Rifle' or something. As much as Kevin B's personality can rub people wrong, I do think hes right about a lot of innovation going on in the Fix. The action is interesting from a gun nerds perspective but has its own issues... But the overall concept and execution of the receiver and rail are absolutely going to cause some new products to come along like it.

Well this is disappointing. I was out tonight looking for pigs. Had an opportunity for a shot but had a light strike. Thinking I probably bumped the bolt handle up since I was wearing gloves I cycled it, waited for another opportunity, mindful not to bump the bolt and had another light strike. 3rd round finally went off. Connected at 450yds but it looked like a larger boar and he went into the treeline which was only a few yards away.

I've had some #34 not want to fire but these were br-2's.
Low 40s to high 30s tonight so maybe grease got in where it shouldn't and slowed the firing pin down?

I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow.

I haven't followed the thread for a while. Has Q acknowledged and fixed the feeding problems for 6.5 Creedmoor? I just shot with a friend and was able to contrast his buttery smooth Tikka T3 action with my own shitty feeding for the Fix.

I handled a sig cross...it feels like it’s not built to the same standard as q. It feels closer to the mpr from Christensen. Lot of flex, feel of bolt cycling, etc...

to me the q is a better built gun. Is it worth the price difference that remains to be seen. My big thing was i have two bartlien barrels which I think are superior.

I assume you’re reloading. A possibility could be you are bumping your shoulders back too far when resizing you’re brass. Hornady make a gauge for measuring shoulder bump. Same thing happened to me in a match. .002 too much can make it do exactly what you’re describing.
Well this is disappointing. I was out tonight looking for pigs. Had an opportunity for a shot but had a light strike. Thinking I probably bumped the bolt handle up since I was wearing gloves I cycled it, waited for another opportunity, mindful not to bump the bolt and had another light strike. 3rd round finally went off. Connected at 450yds but it looked like a larger boar and he went into the treeline which was only a few yards away.

I've had some #34 not want to fire but these were br-2's.
Low 40s to high 30s tonight so maybe grease got in where it shouldn't and slowed the firing pin down?

I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow.

I assume you’re reloading. A possibility could be you are bumping your shoulders back too far when resizing you’re brass. Hornady make a gauge for measuring shoulder bump. Same thing happened to me in a match. .002 too much can make it do exactly what you’re describing.

so you were doing a total of .04 bump?

when you said light strike do you mean it didn’t go off or you inspected the primer and the impact was smaller?

The time this happened to me I was .004-.005 bumped by accident and the bullet was .020 out of the lands. When the firing pin struck the primer it moved the case forward producing a weak primer impact. The primers had a strike but it looked weaker than normal. To see if my method is true on your gun load a couple rounds with the bullet in the lands and fire to see if it goes away. The round will not be able to be pushed forward at primer impact.

Sticker shock on the Big Butt!
Made a BadonkaButt™
Decided to do a Limbsaver with an AirTech 10802
IMG_20200119_103246718.jpg
Grabbed a couple screws and brad hole nuts

After removing the factory butt piece(pictures omitted for your own safety) I locked the nut in my vice and machined the bottom screw brad nut to fit the pocket on the butt piece
IMG_20200119_104358917.jpg
IMG_20200119_110344696.jpg
After getting it within half a thou, I heated the component for an incredibly precise press fit finish, which I seated in with a specialized dead blow tool made in Portland
IMG_20200119_110706317.jpg
IMG_20200119_105515030.jpg
IMG_20200119_111542560.jpg
With a quick test fit, in ISO9001 compliance
IMG_20200119_111922507.jpg

On the upper mounting mechanism it was a little more straight forward, but required use of my cnc laser to precisely trim away some excess vibration damping material on the factory butt piece, which was fit in the manner the first was, heated (I was actually doing this because the brad nut has a step and I didn't want to blow the hole out to the larger diameter) and seated with my special Portland Press

IMG_20200119_112853269.jpg
IMG_20200119_113444634.jpg

Once finished on the Q butt piece, I used my mill and chamfered the fastener seat inside the Limbsaver and got set to assembling
Every BadonkaButt™ is assembled with Brand X blue thread locker, on an ISO9001 tailgate

IMG_20200119_113755148_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Tots and mpncc
With the BadonkaButt™ I can still adjust it up or down.
IMG_20200119_113913594.jpgIMG_20200119_113904328.jpg

I did have to run the LOP all the way in though, BadonkaButt™ is a beast of a thing
IMG_20200119_114726054.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Tots

Possible but I kinda doubt it. Both my barrels are b/t and they have the tightest chambers of any of my rifles. 308 factory brass measures about 1.620" usually and my fired brass is 1.622-3". I actually had another one Saturday so 3 in the last 10 rounds. The ones that didn't go off measure about 1.618".

Either way it's on its way back to q now.

Your bumping too much.
1.623-1.618= .005

Resize a piece to 1.621 and test fire. There’s no reason to resize below 1.620 new brass size in a bolt gun.

By the way brass shrinks .001 after fired in chamber so your chamber is slightly longer than the brass that come out of it.

Possible but I kinda doubt it. Both my barrels are b/t and they have the tightest chambers of any of my rifles. 308 factory brass measures about 1.620" usually and my fired brass is 1.622-3". I actually had another one Saturday so 3 in the last 10 rounds. The ones that didn't go off measure about 1.618".

Either way it's on its way back to q now.

Ill be curious what they say. With correct FP protrusion this shouldn't happen. Even with the cartridge able to move forward .004" more then normal it should have plenty of depth to strike an ignition

Reactions: TVA
Ill be curious what they say. With correct FP protrusion this shouldn't happen. Even with the cartridge able to move forward .004" more then normal it should have plenty of depth to strike an ignition
That's my thinking. I've had quite a few rifles with fired brass that measure out at 1.625 to 1.628 and have never had issues. I tried a few rounds with #34 primers and those took two tries to light but kind of understandable. Not setting off br-2's was the last straw for me. The feeding issues I've been putting up with for a while but haven't felt like sending it in. Traded off one scope and illumination crapped in another so I would be down a rifle anyway this time. I'm not sure when or where the brass that's oversized came from. I just know I had it marked once fired and it's FC so no big loss if I lose some hunting.

That's my thinking. I've had quite a few rifles with fired brass that measure out at 1.625 to 1.628 and have never had issues. I tried a few rounds with #34 primers and those took two tries to light but kind of understandable. Not setting off br-2's was the last straw for me. The feeding issues I've been putting up with for a while but haven't felt like sending it in. Traded off one scope and illumination crapped in another so I would be down a rifle anyway this time. I'm not sure when or where the brass that's oversized came from. I just know I had it marked once fired and it's FC so no big loss if I lose some hunting.
Ya, BR2s are very soft. You aren't dreaming the primer pocket ? I messed up that and went deep enough an AI AW had problems igniting BR2s and that rifle had a very aggressive firing pin.

Welp, that's a bummer. Hope it's back in your hands soon and good to go. My original barrel (bartlien tooley) was shooting at best a little over 1 moa, it went in and when it came back with a new tube it was much better then half with factory ELDMs. So I've got faith in their CS dept

I had this exact scenario happen with BR4 primers in a bat b action and the fix was what I stated above. Some actions have smaller firing pin protrusions and a couple thousandths makes a difference in ignition. I was just stating give my method a try before sending off for chamber work. Your chamber seems to be with in go gauge spec from the numbers you stated. Curious to see what they say. It sucks you’ll be without a gun for a while.

I'm hoping it's not the case that the misfires are from cases being a few thousands undersized. That may be fine on a bench or comp gun but they're still pushing the fix as a hunting/utility rifle. It needs to work. Period. I kinda wish they would have just gone with a 60 degree throw and increased the striker spring strength and/or reduced the bolt lift effort.

Was able to sight in and shoot my 22” 6.5 Fix for the first time. Super accurate and fed perfectly from 10 round PMAGS, 20 round Hexmags and 20 round DPMS steel mags. Recoil was much lighter than I expected, the bolt is very smooth to run and the gun very quiet. I shot out to 300yds (max distance of the range) and could place shots exactly where I wanted to on the plates.

Vortex 5-25x50 PSTII
Griffin Armament SPRM 15 moa scope mount
Griffin Armament 30-SD suppressor
Hoptic saddle cover
Knock off Harris bipod for now (atlas coming)

just need to add a suppressor cover, Red Tac rear bag, some practice and I’ll be ready for the long range class I’m taking in March. Have 500 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 140 gr 6.5 for now. May get some match Ammo once I step out farther.

6237C7FB-D274-4BC3-AE5B-790F1023BF95.jpeg

I haven't followed the thread for a while. Has Q acknowledged and fixed the feeding problems for 6.5 Creedmoor? I just shot with a friend and was able to contrast his buttery smooth Tikka T3 action with my own shitty feeding for the Fix.

I messaged them on this very issue with my 6.5CM recently and the response I received was “You need to run the Fix faster than older bolt guns.” Not saying I agree or disagree with this being an acceptable response. Just stating what I was told directly from Q.

I love the rifle and it is my favorite gun to shoot out of all that I own so I’m not going to let that ruin it for me. However, I would have almost rather The Fix utilize a proprietary mag that eliminated this situation than use a common SR25 mag.

I tried the velcro strip in the mag well, but it bothered me knowing it was there. Would love to know if anyone has the rifle can run the bolt fairly slow like a more traditional rifle and have the fix feed reliably or if this is just inherent to a somewhat universal fit mag in a bolt gun issue.