• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Before, long bullets would reach over the extension and touch the vertical portion of the breech face, just below the chamfer. If I seated the bullets deeper, the shoulder of the case would contact the extension and lift the tip of the bullet, and it would feed fine. The alteration was pretty easy, and I just cut two wider angles on the existing chamfer(going no deeper), and blended them. My gun never had issues with the factory creed barrel. This barrel is a 6.5x47, and showed the issue immediately. I’ll see if I can take an after pic.
D75CBDCE-5A20-402C-8184-32C8C7A27FEB.jpeg
135FE737-783D-443F-BDB1-F372BAB78366.jpeg

factory chamfer below.
018A73DF-209E-41F0-91AE-6E859F6DE3AC.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't have any issues with feeding as soon as I switched to the Lancer magazines and run the bolt with authority. I wouldn't call it butter smooth but it does work. The 6.5 Tooley barrel looks about the same so maybe yours was not cut properly. I was thinking maybe I could improve mine with a larger chamfer but probably not. Your chamfer looks deeper than my 308 barrel but it's hard to say. Your pictures are great!

Last edited:
This is my Tooley 6.5 barrel. Sorry about the shadows. You can see where the bullets are hitting the chamfer. I'm shooting Hornady ELD bullets but they still leave a mark. My only complaint with the Fix is I wish cycling the bolt was smoother like a Tikka or AI.
Tooley 6.5.jpg

I cut the chamfer depth based on the Internal shape of the case, hence the cross-sectioned case. I’ll try and take a pic of mine. It’s also assembled so it won’t be ideal.

It's really hard to tell from photos but your chamfer and my 6.5 look better to me than my factory Q 308 chamfer. Wish I had your knowledge and skill, your work looks beautiful.

Reactions: Supersubes
It's really hard to tell from photos but your chamfer and my 6.5 look better to me than my factory Q 308 chamfer. Wish I had your knowledge and skill, your work looks beautiful.
The red line is the end of the chamfer approximately.
8B83CB43-1796-4B07-B64F-24B71F8CD65E.jpeg

Reactions: FMJ
i sent my fix back to Q - they were great about it, fitted me out with a bunch of the new items (trigger, safety) they chamfered my breech face to feed the bullets (mine is serial #xx000039) so one of the first ones, came with matching serial TP -- just got it back so will try a mag of reloads (6.5cm)

Last edited:
I sent my 6.5 barrel to @Supersubes to fix the chamfer. He sent me the before and after pictures below. Damn that's beautiful! I have high confidence that this will solve the feed issues and will share a writeup after I get the barrel back.

Thank you again @Supersubes for doing this for me and turning it around so fast.

View attachment 7471572

View attachment 7471573

Sure is Perty!

Let us know how it performs, I have a couple barrels that might need this, as well as, others.

I sent my 6.5 barrel to @Supersubes to fix the chamfer. He sent me the before and after pictures below. Damn that's beautiful! I have high confidence that this will solve the feed issues and will share a writeup after I get the barrel back.

Thank you again @Supersubes for doing this for me and turning it around so fast.

View attachment 7471572

View attachment 7471573

I received the barrel this evening and re-assembled everything. I'm happy to report that feeding is night & day better than before. Bullet tips slide along the polished chamfer into the chamber with no visible damage. Case closed on this issue!

I received the barrel this evening and re-assembled everything. I'm happy to report that feeding is night & day better than before. Bullet tips slide along the polished chamfer into the chamber with no visible damage. Case closed on this issue!
Awesome! Glad to hear it!

I just picked up a 16 inch 6.5 creed Fix. Haven't shot it yet but I have no feeding issues out of 10 round pmags with both hornady eld-m, eld-x or prime 130's. The bolt lift seems fine as well. This thread had me worried. It is a nice feeling rifle though at 10 lbs with an atlas bipod, trash panda, and ATACR 4-16x42. Hope she shoots!

I just picked up a 16 inch 6.5 creed Fix. Haven't shot it yet but I have no feeding issues out of 10 round pmags with both hornady eld-m, eld-x or prime 130's. The bolt lift seems fine as well. This thread had me worried. It is a nice feeling rifle though at 10 lbs with an atlas bipod, trash panda, and ATACR 4-16x42. Hope she shoots!

they eat up elds ... try some reloads :)

Will the newest rifles going to ship with a chamfer similar to what @Supersubes is doing (maybe not as nice)? Interested in a 6.5 rifle, but not if they've got feeding issues. Also know a handful of you have had several fixes from the initial run to current; any impressions on the revisions/latest rifles vs the first batch?

Shoot it does not. Been out with it twice, best it’s done is a 1.2 inch group with Hornady factory 143 eldx’s. Shoots prime 130’s into 2.5-3 inch groups, shoots 140eldm into 2-2.5 inch groups. It’s got 100 rounds through it now and I did the whole break in, same as I’ve done with all my other bolt guns. I’ve got a 6.5 saum that weighs 9.5 lbs scoped and it shoots .2’s and .3’s regularly, so I don’t think it’s the weight causing issues. I find the stock to be quite comfortable to get behind actually, the adjustments are all excellent and doing repetitive dry firing with it the crosshairs don’t move at all. I’m going to check the scope out to make sure that’s not the culprit but I’m pretty sure that it’s not(atacr4-16x42). I’m gonna give it one more chance and then I’ll have to send it out to Q because this is pretty bad at the moment. I’ve tried 5 different “factory” loads from Hornady 140 and 143’s, prime 130’s, copper creek Berger 135 and 135atips. The Berger’s and the 143’s shoot the “best” at about 1.25 inches. Have any of you guys had accuracy issues like this? On a side note, feeds fine out of the supplied pmag.

took it out again today and shot 2 new loads through it, copper creek 130eldm and 153atip as well as the 140 eldm and prime 130 offerings. No bueno, emailed Q and will wait and see. I have had to send a honey badger in for repairs and it was hassle free and came back in tip top shape. Hopefully this goes the same way. I'll update when it's resolved. I pulled the scope and mount off as a unit and put it back on a 5.56 gasser that shoots in the .8's to 1 inch range and fired 1 shot at 50 adjusted the turrets and then sure as shit shot a 5 shot group at .82 MOA with 75 grain frontier. It even shoots 55 grain imi into an inch and a quarter. Threw the scope back on the fix and it was the same story 1.5-3 inch groups with everything. I can't make heads or tails out of it so hopefully the boys can take a look at it and get it running right. As previously stated though no feeding issues with hornady 140eldm, 143eldx, copper creek 130eldm, 135berger classic hunter, 135atip, 153atip, or prime 130's.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2f35.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2f35.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 41
  • fullsizeoutput_2f37.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2f37.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 36
  • dImzzbWeQTmSKxkyd+4X%w.jpg
    dImzzbWeQTmSKxkyd+4X%w.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 44
  • P4szp%d3SZyqCJ2AmxHHrA.jpg
    P4szp%d3SZyqCJ2AmxHHrA.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 43
Garand Thumb did a review a while back. I took his take as .....it's fun, it's fancy, it's the latest & greatest, fixes some non issues & is expensive. I think I'd take a Howa 1500 in a dusty, sandy environment.
I applaud Q for their efforts as I appreciate innovation & engineering improvements but, these days, many of the innovations have to be geared toward more affordability in the mass market.
Anyone who can come up with a truly innovative design which, revolutionises cost of manufacture while, improving accuracy & keeping within the purview of aftermarket gear such as triggers, barrels, muzzle devices, stocks, chassis, magazines & the like, would be more the way to go IMHO.
Regards............Barelstroker

My Fix is a 16" 6.5 Creedmoor. Mine has always been an easy MOA rifle with various factory ammo. I did have an issue with loading but after sending it back to Q and having the receiver replaced under warranty everything has been great. The warranty issue was super easy and quick.

Love this little contraption. Perfect hunting rig. My next step will be to get a carbon proof barrel in 6 Creed.

@Buck Lawman you don't by chance have any of the rail sections installed in the spots closest to the receiver do you?
Idk how light the contour is on the 16" 6.5 but on the 22" one of the screws made contact with the barrel and made mine shoot a little wonky.

Sweet more opinions from someone who has never handled, seen, owned, or shot a Fix....

But hey—he did see some other guy review one on youtube this one time!!!
Well, I don't see anything particularly revolutionary.
The barrel extension threaded on is definitely big plus.
45 deg bolt lift,.............not an upgrade IMO.
The sliding shroud at the rear of the bolt will foul with sand & grit just like the Blaser does but, although any rifle will foul, the Q will do it faster & shit itself harder.
What were they thinking with the micro shoulder pad on a lightweight rifle?
According to some reviewers, accuracy is nothing outstanding but, not bad either. Isn't that what the biggish $$ are for?
Just my opinion so, don't go all Vanessa about it. I think the rifle has merit but, I think they've gone off on a tangent that will confine them to the niche end of the market.
Bit of a shame really, it could have been something more than a "look at my cock rifle".
Regards................Barelstroker.

The sliding shroud at the rear of the bolt will foul with sand & grit just like the Blaser does but, although any rifle will foul, the Q will do it faster & shit itself harder.
According to some reviewers, accuracy is nothing outstanding but, not bad either. Isn't that what the biggish $$ are for?
Just my opinion so, don't go all Vanessa about it. I think the rifle has merit but, I think they've gone off on a tangent that will confine them to the niche end of the market.
Bit of a shame really, it could have been something more than a "look at my cock rifle".

Cool, you don't have to be on page 90 of this thread then...

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
Cool, you don't have to be on page 90 of this thread then...
If I'd have known you were a democrat, I would've been far more agreeable with my opinions.
Don't want to risk being kicked off the hide for hate speech.

You’re speculating and don’t have a fucking clue. I’ve had two of the damn things and I can tell you that you are 100% off in your assessment. The Fix is undoubtedly one of the best bolt guns I’ve ever put my hands on. The only reason I say one of the best is because I couldn’t pick between it an an AI AX/AXMC even though they’re different animals.

The Fix is a reliable rifle, it’s an accurate rifle, and it’s a phenomenal platform and the best critter stick I have ever used. Period.

You’re speculating and don’t have a fucking clue. I’ve had two of the damn things and I can tell you that you are 100% off in your assessment. The Fix is undoubtedly one of the best bolt guns I’ve ever put my hands on. The only reason I say one of the best is because I couldn’t pick between it an an AI AX/AXMC even though they’re different animals.

The Fix is a reliable rifle, it’s an accurate rifle, and it’s a phenomenal platform and the best critter stick I have ever used. Period.
As long as you're happy with it cobba.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
I think the Shanghai shivers got everybody a little snappy. I was simply sharing my experience, hoping someone could provide something helpful. Now the rifle is shipped (with a free label and everything) and I'll update with the results when it comes back.

took it out again today and shot 2 new loads through it, copper creek 130eldm and 153atip as well as the 140 eldm and prime 130 offerings. No bueno, emailed Q and will wait and see. I have had to send a honey badger in for repairs and it was hassle free and came back in tip top shape. Hopefully this goes the same way. I'll update when it's resolved. I pulled the scope and mount off as a unit and put it back on a 5.56 gasser that shoots in the .8's to 1 inch range and fired 1 shot at 50 adjusted the turrets and then sure as shit shot a 5 shot group at .82 MOA with 75 grain frontier. It even shoots 55 grain imi into an inch and a quarter. Threw the scope back on the fix and it was the same story 1.5-3 inch groups with everything. I can't make heads or tails out of it so hopefully the boys can take a look at it and get it running right. As previously stated though no feeding issues with hornady 140eldm, 143eldx, copper creek 130eldm, 135berger classic hunter, 135atip, 153atip, or prime 130's.

Ask them for the targets from their test. A buddy of mine was having an issue and they sent the targets back of 1/2 moa groups. Never told him what the issue was, he was also having the same problem as you. Both of us are shooting .308.

Mine was shit groups for maybe the first couple hundred rounds. Figured it was me not being used to the rifle and just powered through it. I was seeing the same results as you, now with no warranty work done it is easily grouping 1/2 moa if I do my part. Swapped in a 20" Proof Carbon barrel and seeing the same results. Maybe it was me that needed breaking in...

I defiantly had buyers remorse after the first couple boxes of ammo. Now that I've had the rifle for a couple years I love it. Great hunting rifle!

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2020-08-07 212255.991570.PNG
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-08-07 212255.991570.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2020-10-01 232813.755461.PNG
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-10-01 232813.755461.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 51
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2020-11-03 183356.889771.PNG
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-11-03 183356.889771.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2020-12-09 120448.885975.PNG
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-12-09 120448.885975.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2020-12-09 120623.513494.PNG
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-12-09 120623.513494.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: esw004
Thanks for the info!!! That is exactly the type of knowledge I was seeking. It's on it's way back to them now and I will definitely post with updates when it comes back. I'll check with them on the test targets. My OBR came with one and it was a spot on example of what the rifle was capable of. None of my GA Precisions did but, all three shoot very well. Thanks again for the input.

Reactions: _308_
Ask them for the targets from their test. A buddy of mine was having an issue and they sent the targets back of 1/2 moa groups. Never told him what the issue was, he was also having the same problem as you. Both of us are shooting .308.

Mine was shit groups for maybe the first couple hundred rounds. Figured it was me not being used to the rifle and just powered through it. I was seeing the same results as you, now with no warranty work done it is easily grouping 1/2 moa if I do my part. Swapped in a 20" Proof Carbon barrel and seeing the same results. Maybe it was me that needed breaking in...

I defiantly had buyers remorse after the first couple boxes of ammo. Now that I've had the rifle for a couple years I love it. Great hunting rifle!
I had the exact results as you when I first started shooting mine. Shot 1” - 1-5” groups and was dissatisfied. Never sent it back but kept practicing, dry firing and watching a lot of training videos. Figured out it’s just a light gun with a medium weight trigger. It’s not a 20+ pound rifle with an 8 ounce trigger, it forces you to work on your fundamentals. As far as im concerned, I got more than my money’s worth. It was a 22” 6.5cm but with a suppressor, it was just too long to carry around for hunting. Chopped to 17.5” and still shoots sub .5 moa. Have a picture from this weekend checking zero. Got a new lot of 140 eldm and only had to correct with .1 mil from the last batch. It’s really a testament to Hornady factory ammo. Connected to 1k on the first shot just to see if I could.
4B6AA066-83AF-4AEB-9367-D61719DD7C58.jpeg
9BA0B6C5-D041-4866-9570-2ADB498BEE98.jpeg

Reactions: _308_ and wes1
It was a 22” 6.5cm but with a suppressor, it was just too long to carry around for hunting. Chopped to 17.5” and still shoots sub .5 moa. View attachment 7500525

How does this balance/feel now at 17.5"? Have you tried/handled the 16" light contour in comparison? I've been debating for like a year+ on chopping my 22" 6.5 down because the 16" .308 just feels so much more handy - I probably just need to get it done.

Reactions: Sjc141
How does this balance/feel now at 17.5"? Have you tried/handled the 16" light contour in comparison? I've been debating for like a year+ on chopping my 22" 6.5 down because the 16" .308 just feels so much more handy - I probably just need to get it done.
I’ve heard that it really shines with the slimmer contour. I wouldn’t mind picking up a .308 barrel just to have the caliber option but I have not handled one personally. With a can, it’s front heavy. I can hit a 10” steel plate at 300 yards standing up but I have to use my bipod as a foregrip.

Embrace the Shortys!
16" fluted bartlein 6.5 creed

Attachments

• 20201215_133038.jpg
    20201215_133038.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: claytonm