• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Looks like my mini Fix is getting a new tube

Attachments

• 20201216_200046.jpg
    20201216_200046.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 122
Anyone have their FIx cerakoted? I can remember one, maybe two throughout this thread. Any others? Post up some pictures if you have.

Q doesn’t cerakote anything. That’s just the color of the hard anodizing.

true, and false. Q does not cerakote. The bronze/gold color of the stock and foregrip were cerakoted for that gun.

Here's another shot:

Someone asks in the comments the finish, and Q noted that it was a cerakote. Looks nice.

Reactions: Mattiejay6
Not a big fan of q as a company. The honey badger was their original claim to fame and it was a poor prototype of the sig rattler made famous by call of duty. Everything they sell is overpriced and you can build a 6.5 on a defiance action in whatever stock or chassis you want with a bartlein barrel for the same price.

Reactions: Barelstroker
Not a big fan of q as a company. The honey badger was their original claim to fame and it was a poor prototype of the sig rattler made famous by call of duty. Everything they sell is overpriced and you can build a 6.5 on a defiance action in whatever stock or chassis you want with a bartlein barrel for the same price.

Maybe not your bag, but the market doesn't think their prices are too high. People like innovation, putative or not, and they're willing to pay and backorder at Q's prices.

Options are nice though; hard to argue with all the good stuff available.

Maybe not your bag, but the market doesn't think their prices are too high. People like innovation, putative or not, and they're willing to pay and backorder at Q's prices.

Options are nice though; hard to argue with all the good stuff available.

What is innovative about the fix? It seems like a chassis bolt gun. The owner worked for sig and ripped them off.

What is innovative about the fix? It seems like a chassis bolt gun. The owner worked for sig and ripped them off.

Hey, friend. Read by message--"putative or not." I'm not a q apologist. I'm just taking issue with your original statement broadly applied on a basic economics basis. You can dump on the fix, but it's still a pretty neat gun with unique design elements that differ from other bolt chassis offering--firing mechanism, bolt throw, etc.

Reactions: claytonm
Hey, friend. Read by message--"putative or not." I'm not a q apologist. I'm just taking issue with your original statement broadly applied on a basic economics basis. You can dump on the fix, but it's still a pretty neat gun with unique design elements that differ from other bolt chassis offering--firing mechanism, bolt throw, etc.

Yeah the way they engineered the trigger alone is awesome. Safest trigger on the market. you can put it on a pencil and spin it and it will never stop in the same place. People really don't understand the engineering that went into this gun. If you haven't listen to Jay's PewScience PodCast about his trip there building his Q guns.

Didn't KB make the original Honey Badger at AAC long before the Sig Rattler? Or is there a much longer history to the Rattler I've not heard?

I ordered my fix three years ago, can you even get a sig yet? It has come out that one of Q's engineers went to Sig and took his persoanl fix with him over there. So who ripped off who?

I ordered my fix three years ago, can you even get a sig yet? It has come out that one of Q's engineers went to Sig and took his persoanl fix with him over there. So who ripped off who?
I think people don't really understand the timeline for things and that most of the Q team worked for sig for a while so they think that they are just ripping off SIG when in fact they were the ones that designed the products while at SIG....Plus it's just fun to hate on Q still.

I think people don't really understand the timeline for things and that most of the Q team worked for sig for a while so they think that they are just ripping off SIG when in fact they were the ones that designed the products while at SIG....Plus it's just fun to hate on Q still.

Very true, plus it probably would have happened anyway with the way the crossover market is working these days.

People don't like KB because he doesn't like to take anyone's shit from what I have seen, I like that about him, rifle issues aside.

I checked and was wrong about my order date, it was 4 years ago. So this rifle has been in the works for probably 5 years now.

Reactions: esw004
Who has tried a 16" or 18" proof cf 6.5 barrel and was the juice worth the squeeze? The 22" is lights out accurate but there's not denying it handled better with the pencil 308 other than recoil.

With the CF barrel the sling mount can't be used on the rail because of the barrel od correct?

Who has tried a 16" or 18" proof cf 6.5 barrel and was the juice worth the squeeze? The 22" is lights out accurate but there's not denying it handled better with the pencil 308 other than recoil.

With the CF barrel the sling mount can't be used on the rail because of the barrel od correct?
I use the sling mount with a proof carbon, just check the screws while you're installing. If they are too long shave them down a bit with a file. Mine did not have any issues.

Speaking of sling mount, anyone have issues with theirs? I hate the 1/4 turn stoppers in it, wish it was a free spin like most others... oh well, time to break out the dremel :D

It’s back and I’m finally in town long enough to get it out tomorrow. I’ll post the results when I’m done. Something about a pinch spacer? I don’t know what that does, but apparently if you get a bad one the rifle doesn’t like it. Time will tell.

Attachments

• C3EC260E-DDAC-48EC-BE65-A363259B375C.jpeg
    C3EC260E-DDAC-48EC-BE65-A363259B375C.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: RC556
It’s back and I’m finally in town long enough to get it out tomorrow. I’ll post the results when I’m done. Something about a pinch spacer? I don’t know what that does, but apparently if you get a bad one the rifle doesn’t like it. Time will tell.
I hope they checked the muffler bearing while it was in.

Well... Sig must think the design is good enough to put out a copy (even if it's quite a bit cheaper). I wonder if the economy of scale makes it easier for Sig to produce.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
Well... Sig must think the design is good enough to put out a copy (even if it's quite a bit cheaper). I wonder if the economy of scale makes it easier for Sig to produce.
Q got famous for the honey badger. The rattler is a significantly better system than the honey badger. I owned a noveske n4pdw which is essentially a honey badger and Uses the same flimsy stock and it was a piece of junk compared to the rattler I sold it to buy. The fix is a cool looking rifle but doesn’t do anything special I don’t see how the price tag is justifiable for what you are actually getting.

Q got famous for the honey badger. The rattler is a significantly better system than the honey badger. I owned a noveske n4pdw which is essentially a honey badger and Uses the same flimsy stock and it was a piece of junk compared to the rattler I sold it to buy. The fix is a cool looking rifle but doesn’t do anything special I don’t see how the price tag is justifiable for what you are actually getting.
:ROFLMAO:

Got it zeroed and it seems to like the hornady 140 eldm (left) and copper creek 130 eldm (right). Only had an hour to shoot so there was some mirage off the trash panda, but I'm very happy with the way it's shooting factory hornady 140's. If I can get some powder I'm sure it will be even better but I can't complain about the 5 shot group with the 140 eldm (except for the fact I pulled the first shot and the next 4 went in that little group.) As far as I'm concerned this rifle is great. Just needed its nuts pinched and spaced correctly, hey I know what it's like!

Attachments

• IMG_8483.jpg
    IMG_8483.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8484.jpg
    IMG_8484.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 61
Wow, your timeline is laughably off. AAC was doing the HoneyBadger before Sig ever considered doing the Rattler. This is public knowledge.

Reactions: claytonm
My observations of the bolts compared before installing.
Not a huge size difference, but some useful geometry difference in there possibly.

Hopefully the trace is self explanatory
Wow, really useful comparison, thanks for this. What is your impression so far?

Wow, really useful comparison, thanks for this. What is your impression so far?
Haven't done much with it other than about 40 dry fires off the deck.

It seems like the little hook shape under the tip is a little more useful for the way I normally run my bolt. I don't know what it's called but I tend to keep my hands on the right side of the grip (floating thumb) and just blade my pointer finger up and pull back kind of with the side of my hand and finger... That wasn't working well for me as I'd slip off the side but I had to learn to put my thumb on top of it and actually grab ahold to run the bolt. Seems like the little hook kind of lets me treat it like my other bolts.

It's not enough to make any leverage difference or anything like that from what I can tell

But again I'm only a few dry fires into using it, and I'm not any kind of a pro

I got mine and popped in it to dry fire and run the bolt a little bit.... I don't think I'm gonna like it. The factory handle with 7/8" delrin ball on the end that I've been using is more natural and easier to hang on to through manipulation.

i like the extended handle a great deal. Put one on my fix 6.5cm and minifix 224v rifles. I found the extra leverage helped a great deal

Reactions: Snicklefritzz