• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Does anyone use an offset red dot paired with a scope on their Q The Fix? I’m curious if anyone has found this combination useful in their use out on the field (wether it be competition, hunting, etc), or if it’s a waste of time practically speaking.

Last edited:
Ran one for a bit when I first got the rifle. Ripped the scope off a gas gun and have since put a S&B 3-20 ultrashort on it. Depends on what you want to do with the rifle. Straight hunting I’ve never needed an offset red dot (on a bolt gun) it’s a rad setup though. Rmr’s don’t add much weight but, I find them more useful on gassers for quick movers 50 yards and in.

Attachments

• BE6C0436-9B04-44E6-9522-B8FDC046CE5B.jpeg
    BE6C0436-9B04-44E6-9522-B8FDC046CE5B.jpeg
    595.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 790B1D2F-FABE-4D6A-A5AC-2810DEE198B9.jpeg
    790B1D2F-FABE-4D6A-A5AC-2810DEE198B9.jpeg
    862.4 KB · Views: 182
Anyone currently have a preferred grip replacement for the fix?
Looking for fatter / vertical-ish

I like the ergo grips, but the rubber doesn't seem to do the best job of holding the springs up and gives me concern

I assume most are running a hard plastic / polymer?

Thanks for your suggestions

Ran one for a bit when I first got the rifle. Ripped the scope off a gas gun and have since put a S&B 3-20 ultrashort on it. Depends on what you want to do with the rifle. Straight hunting I’ve never needed an offset red dot (on a bolt gun) it’s a rad setup though. Rmr’s don’t add much weight but, I find them more useful on gassers for quick movers 50 yards and in.
Thanks for your insight. I’ve had the same setup on gas guns, so your experience makes sense.

Buck, good shooting!
I shot mine for the first time today, ended up well, but there was a learning curve, for sure.
Up until that last group, it was averaging 1.5 inches per 5 rounds. Took a good 15-20 minutes to set the gun up properly (cheek weld, LOP, scope position), and do some dry fire. Reminds me of shooting an AR 10 platform- you CAN get great accuracy out of it, but you have to be very aware of the fundamentals!!
By the end, I had a wee bit of a flinch, so I shanked the shit out of that one :)
But....10 lbs with can, sling, mount and glass, folds up nicely, adjusts to fit me, so I can endure the bumpy ride!
Still unsure of the scope and mount situation, will move poi over and reassess my glass choice.
On the waitlist for the the big butt pad, though!
Once again-great shooting!
Jordan

Attachments

• 20210822_110200.jpg
    20210822_110200.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 62
Anyone currently have a preferred grip replacement for the fix?
Looking for fatter / vertical-ish

I like the ergo grips, but the rubber doesn't seem to do the best job of holding the springs up and gives me concern

I assume most are running a hard plastic / polymer?

Thanks for your suggestions
I tried the vertical ergo grip but it didn’t work for me at all due to the shape of the trigger guard. I keep thinking about trying a k2 or similar and trimming off the tang if need be.

The local gun shop had a few of the Fix in stock so finally got a chance to handle one. My initial feedback is the fucker is light and streamlined. Ordered a Plan B to adapt over my Silencero Chimera.

Looking forward to shooting it this week.

Jraven- Streamlined and light is what sprung to mind the first time I felt one!
So far, happy with the decision.
Are you picking up the 308 or 6.5?
Entranced enough with the fix, I am looking at the mini, despite the lamentations of my wallet....

Jraven- Streamlined and light is what sprung to mind the first time I felt one!
So far, happy with the decision.
Are you picking up the 308 or 6.5?
Entranced enough with the fix, I am looking at the mini, despite the lamentations of my wallet....

I hammer 2-3 hogs a week with a N-Vision Halo-LR on a 308 SLR SBR. Thinking I might change it up and use the Fix with the Halo-LR.

So what is the deal with 8.6?

I listened to a Q podcast where the CEO discussed 8.6 and sounded like the fun round to explode hogs inside of 300 meters.

I hammer 2-3 hogs a week with a N-Vision Halo-LR on a 308 SLR SBR. Thinking I might change it up and use the Fix with the Halo-LR.

I listened to a Q podcast where the CEO discussed 8.6 and sounded like the fun round to explode hogs inside of 300 meters.
I have been running the Halo LR some on my Fix .308. The Bobro mount really helps me. It is okay with the ADM but the Bobro does allow the buttpad to be adjusted further out due to pushing the scope back closer to the eye. It is very accurate and gives a bit of confidence for longer shots. But the tradeoff is losing the faster followup shots of the AR.
It also has a slight bulky feel to me while on the Fix, more so than on my POF Revolution. I have also run my Reap 35 on the Fix and it seems to be a better fit weight and bulk wise, but the eye relief is barely usable even with the butt pad adjusted all the way in. It too has a Bobro option but I am not running it enough on the Fix to be motivated to spend the $$$$ to get one.

8.6 was all a dream, worse than tears in the rain. Greatest troll in the history of small arms media.

I have been running the Halo LR some on my Fix .308. The Bobro mount really helps me. It is okay with the ADM but the Bobro does allow the buttpad to be adjusted further out due to pushing the scope back closer to the eye. It is very accurate and gives a bit of confidence for longer shots. But the tradeoff is losing the faster followup shots of the AR.
It also has a slight bulky feel to me while on the Fix, more so than on my POF Revolution. I have also run my Reap 35 on the Fix and it seems to be a better fit weight and bulk wise, but the eye relief is barely usable even with the butt pad adjusted all the way in. It too has a Bobro option but I am not running it enough on the Fix to be motivated to spend the $$$$ to get one.
Just looked at the bobro mount - looks like it allows the Halo to sit pretty far back which makes for a more comfortable shooting position.

Reactions: Amanda4461
I went 4 for 4 with the CNVD-LR, first shot was at 125 and the last one was around 200.

definitely happier with the thermal

Attachments

• DA967A8E-43A4-4FEC-B846-11C1E8CA1D4E.jpeg
    DA967A8E-43A4-4FEC-B846-11C1E8CA1D4E.jpeg
    999.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 12BAEB97-7244-4D65-B763-3A6A54A3220A.jpeg
    12BAEB97-7244-4D65-B763-3A6A54A3220A.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 156
I have just sourced a Bushnell 3-12X44 LRHS. Quite rare in the U.K. and I wish I got one years ago. I am yet to compare last light capabilities but it suits the Fix down to a T.

Attachments

• BEE8884A-5440-4B1E-93FA-A78C13D3616D.png
    BEE8884A-5440-4B1E-93FA-A78C13D3616D.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 111
Reactions: Gotlag1789
What are rounds are you guys shooting out of .308 16" stainless Fix? Did my little break in sequence yesterday and was shooting 3 round groups with 155g nolsers, 168g SMK and 175g SMK - the 175s grouped the best.

Just curious what everyone is shooting.

Not sure what the conclusion was on receivers that have feeding issues in 6.5, but add one more now that I switched barrels...

I'm in low 500s on serial BB05XX

308 had been working fine, but the 6.5 doesn't ride up the ramp high enough to push the bullet tip into the chamber like the 308 will.

All Q barrels

Sent message to Q over weekend and still waiting for a reply...

Not sure what the conclusion was on receivers that have feeding issues in 6.5, but add one more now that I switched barrels...

I'm in low 500s on serial BB05XX

308 had been working fine, but the 6.5 doesn't ride up the ramp high enough to push the bullet tip into the chamber like the 308 will.

All Q barrels

Sent message to Q over weekend and still waiting for a reply...
My original with the issue was a 2xx and the replacement is a 10xx. I can’t remember what the change was exactly but iirc there’s a chunk of material left in the magwell towards the rear now. You can try the Velcro method in the meantime.

My original with the issue was a 2xx and the replacement is a 10xx. I can’t remember what the change was exactly but iirc there’s a chunk of material left in the magwell towards the rear now. You can try the Velcro method in the meantime.
I'll experiment a little with the Velcro approach, but I'm not sure if I can push it enough to feed into the chamber...

It's already riding up out of the mag when in the feed ramp, but the ramp just does not push the point up high enough to feed into the chamber

This is why I'm not sure about the Velcro being a "fix" for the fix... Y'all can correct me though

The rounds point starts riding the ramp really early on

IMG_20211003_150532919.jpg

6.5 will move up a good bit before hitting the flat portion under the chamber, but it has been pushed well out of position in the mag at this point
IMG_20211003_150559934.jpg

The fatter 308 bullet will ride higher though... getting the point high enough to funnel the round into the chamber
IMG_20211003_151215539.jpg

With the feeding of this rifle depending so much on the ramp it almost seems like you need a different ramp per caliber....

But maybe I'm missing something

This is why I'm not sure about the Velcro being a "fix" for the fix... Y'all can correct me though

The rounds point starts riding the ramp really early on

View attachment 7716147
6.5 will move up a good bit before hitting the flat portion under the chamber, but it has been pushed well out of position in the mag at this point
View attachment 7716148
The fatter 308 bullet will ride higher though... getting the point high enough to funnel the round into the chamber
View attachment 7716149
With the feeding of this rifle depending so much on the ramp it almost seems like you need a different ramp per caliber....

But maybe I'm missing something

I dont have the 6.5 Creedmoor, I have a 6 Creedmoor and I have found on the longer bullets, say 105 VLD Berger, where the meplat hits the chamfer of the barrel before the neck hits the feed ramp I have feeding issues. If I run a 95 Classic Hunter Berger the neck hits the feed ramp first and no issues. Also, the Hornady 105 BTHP does not have any feeding issues, so it would seem to be an issue with the shape of the longer bullets.

Somewhere back in the thread somebody polished the the chamfer of the chamber and it supposedly fixed this issue, IIRC. Maybe this is an option for you.

What are rounds are you guys shooting out of .308 16" stainless Fix? Did my little break in sequence yesterday and was shooting 3 round groups with 155g nolsers, 168g SMK and 175g SMK - the 175s grouped the best.

Just curious what everyone is shoot
I have found that the 175 FGMM has grouped the best so far, I have not faired well with other rounds that I have tried so far. I have the Bartlein barrel on mine. I have finally found some other options to try but it will have to wait until after hunting season when I put that barrel back on.

I dont have the 6.5 Creedmoor, I have a 6 Creedmoor and I have found on the longer bullets, say 105 VLD Berger, where the meplat hits the chamfer of the barrel before the neck hits the feed ramp I have feeding issues. If I run a 95 Classic Hunter Berger the neck hits the feed ramp first and no issues. Also, the Hornady 105 BTHP does not have any feeding issues, so it would seem to be an issue with the shape of the longer bullets.

Somewhere back in the thread somebody polished the the chamfer of the chamber and it supposedly fixed this issue, IIRC. Maybe this is an option for you.
Yeah.... search back in this mega thread. This was solved by radiusing and polishing the entry in to the chamber. @Supersubes did the work for me. I'm very happy with the outcome.

I have found that the 175 FGMM has grouped the best so far, I have not faired well with other rounds that I have tried so far. I have the Bartlein barrel on mine. I have finally found some other options to try but it will have to wait until after hunting season when I put that barrel back on.
I was thinking 155g noslers were going to be the ticket as that is what my bolt action gun really likes. My SR25 eats up the 168/175g SMKs. And to my surprise the 175s were grouping sub MOA at 100 yards. I need to put some padding on cheek riser.

I was thinking 155g noslers were going to be the ticket as that is what my bolt action gun really likes. My SR25 eats up the 168/175g SMKs. And to my surprise the 175s were grouping sub MOA at 100 yards. I need to put some padding on cheek riser.
Depending how thick you want this might be an option.

If I was using a barrel from someone else, or even long hand loads I might not think much of it...

But when a 3k factory rifle.. with a factory barrel... won't feed factory ammo... It's screwed up

Yeah.... search back in this mega thread. This was solved by radiusing and polishing the entry in to the chamber. @Supersubes did the work for me. I'm very happy with the outcome.
Q has a small chamber chamfer, but it's not enough... Then you'd be requiring the point of the bullet to force the round the last bit out of the mag?

that just doesn't make sense to me either for what one would call proper feeding

If I was using a barrel from someone else, or even long hand loads I might not think much of it...

But when a 3k factory rifle.. with a factory barrel... won't feed factory ammo... It's screwed up

Q has a small chamber chamfer, but it's not enough... Then you'd be requiring the point of the bullet to force the round the last bit out of the mag?

that just doesn't make sense to me either for what one would call proper feeding
You're not wrong, my educated guess is that is was originally designed for 308 cartridge and not the 6.5 with the shorter case body and longer bullet.

Reactions: Supersubes
You're not wrong, my educated guess is that is was originally designed for 308 cartridge and not the 6.5 with the shorter case body and longer bullet.
I agree as that is my initial thought as well, but when they sell 6.5 barrels for it they should be able to work with a 6.5 at least...

I guess if I hear nothing from Q I will end up selling the 6.5 barrels and just write this off as a 308 only rifle

Perhaps I'll ask the cross owners if they can post a couple pics of how that version feeds from the ai pattern mags. Perhaps they were able to get better feeding, and not rely on the bullet so much, coming from the ai mag vs the sr pattern mags...

They should get back to you. I’ve had good experiences with their customer service. I had a factory 16” 6.5creed that fed perfect and the 18” 6.5 proof bbl feeds flawlessly as well if you’re into sinking more cash into your project. It is a shame that some of the factory 6.5’s are having this problem.

They should get back to you. I’ve had good experiences with their customer service. I had a factory 16” 6.5creed that fed perfect and the 18” 6.5 proof bbl feeds flawlessly as well if you’re into sinking more cash into your project. It is a shame that some of the factory 6.5’s are having this problem.
I have gotten a reply back now

First attempt was via the webpage contact message, and never heard a peep

Second attempt was via the info email address and got a reply back in about 2hrs that they would push the question up to an engineer.

24hrs later follow up question on ammo being used

So anyone looking for a response should 100% use the email address directly as the contact message function in the webpage appears to be a dead end

I'll update as I find anything else out as well. Since sending the email directly the response time and interaction seems very positive but the lack of response on first attempt had me ready to make some different opinions of their service

Curious at this point where the serial number lays for where the swap was made... I remember someone mention 200 or 300 being replaced with a 1000 I think.... Perhaps I'm on the wrong side of the line at 500. Would be nice to know if everything below say 654 should be left in 308 only...

Does the back of the barrel appear any different on the proof prefits? I wish they didn't have the taper shoulder as well...

Last edited:
After shooting the Halo a few nights I ordered the Bobro mount. Way better position for the Halo - I dont have to crane forward as I had it back as far as possible and was still struggling. Headed back to the range this AM to re-zero.

Thanks for the recommendation. They should sell that mount as an option.

Reactions: BamaSE
Best photos I could take of the proof bbl.
Looks like the chamfer area might actually be larger than the factory barrel.
So guessing they must really be depending on that chamfer to facilitate feeding...
Still seems like a bad idea to depend so much on the tip of bullet for feeding though.
Thanks for the picture. If you happen to be out again push a round forward until it starts to contact the chamfer and snap a pic. Or see if perhaps yours doesn't contact the chamfer...

I tested mine yesterday with federal gold metal match 130 berger hybrids, Hornady match 140 ELDM, and Hornady match 147 ELDM. Similar results with hitting the flat or chamfer.

For anyone handholding for this thing you better not go light on neck tension lol

This is a proof 6.5, Bartlein 308 and bartlein 6.5 installed. The little bump at the back of the magwell is what I think is different from the original receiver but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• B035C723-40A0-40CB-B8E9-9F6E4DB75C59.jpeg
    B035C723-40A0-40CB-B8E9-9F6E4DB75C59.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 578D5218-E6E8-45B1-B467-30CE2C1AADE1.jpeg
    578D5218-E6E8-45B1-B467-30CE2C1AADE1.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 129FE2B8-30F3-420A-AAE2-6335C7616DDB.jpeg
    129FE2B8-30F3-420A-AAE2-6335C7616DDB.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 99
This is a proof 6.5, Bartlein 308 and bartlein 6.5 installed. The little bump at the back of the magwell is what I think is different from the original receiver but I could be wrong.
This pic is of a working rifle correct?
Observation of your pic makes me think the problem isn't really resolved...
Just running the ragged edge of function with the smaller calibers

I'm willing to guess these two smears are where the bullet point is hitting that flat face / chamfer edge when you are running 6.5

I'll do some experiments, but I wonder even when we are getting this thing to chamber if we are pushing our bullets back into the brass in the process
IMG_20211012_090533.jpg

That’s exactly what those marks are but I don’t remember if I ever cleaned it up. I plan on taking it to a class in December and just pulled the proof barrel a few weeks ago. Feeding is night and day better since the receiver swap. It gets almost an exclusive diet of 143 eldx at 2.85” oal

I didn’t have any problems with the q 6.5 that I recall and the proof hasn’t had so much as a hiccup. I handload hornady 140eld-m’s because that’s what I had and it likes them. The picture is not its best group but it’s most recent, after a light cleaning and before I took it to a long range challenge match as my main rifle for that task is being re-barreled.

Attachments

• 0937C3C7-A21D-4DCC-AF51-C1B131C21D4C.jpeg
    0937C3C7-A21D-4DCC-AF51-C1B131C21D4C.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 46
Still no more contact from Q so continuing my experiments...

The little bump at the back of the magwell is what I think is different from the original receiver
Ok, so for the time being I am assuming this means my receiver is a "corrected" unit... Circled what I think you are talking about with the bump?.
IMG_20211013_195050.jpg

I handload hornady 140eld-m’s
Mind testing a theory for me? Put a round in and push it up slowly and see where the point presents at the barrel? I have factory Hornady match with 140 edlm and it will hit right at the chamfer transition. As long as I run it fast enough I can get it in the chamber, but it's not feeding correctly to get it in there.

So to my experiment I said I would try...

Took three factory Hornady match 147 ELDM rounds and checked length with calipers, and runout with Sinclair concentricity gauge.
Loaded them into the mag, and fed them quickly through the rifle. (As long as I run it fast enough I can get them in there)

I was expecting that the bullet might get pushed back into the brass, but not so... Now what it did do was knock about .003-.004 runout into each round.
may do an experiment with a dummy round and light next tension as well this weekend

With the Hornady poly tips you can't really see how much it's getting hit, but ran a few federal gold metal 130 bergers through and ejected them the same way to find some angled tips. (Did best I could to focus my camera on it, but it's a pretty good little angle and burr off the tip)

Bullet on left has been chambered and ejected. Right just for comparison
IMG_20211013_194127.jpg

IMG_20211013_194059.jpg

IMG_20211013_194151.jpg

So I'm still not seeing how this rifle could possibly do a proper job of feeding most any high bc 6.5 rounds from the mag...

At this point I'm leaning towards this just being the rifles design flaw vs an individual sample issue...
I'm guessing the answer has become to just run it fast enough to get it in the chamber...
Can anyone slowly feed a high bc 6.5 into their chamber without hitting the chamfer head on?

The proof has a bit larger of a chamfered area. The eldm hits comfortably inside and I’ve had no issues with it. Haven’t tried any other bullets in it as I’ve found a load that works. I’ll try and get some Berger’s loaded up and see what happens. It’ll be awhile though.

Attachments

• 71672BE6-564A-471C-BA23-66992D1AB53D.jpeg
    71672BE6-564A-471C-BA23-66992D1AB53D.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 4EF8A413-F5C3-4EAC-B85B-2E646BD39388.jpeg
    4EF8A413-F5C3-4EAC-B85B-2E646BD39388.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 52
The proof has a bit larger of a chamfered area. The eldm hits comfortably inside and I’ve had no issues with it.
Thanks, and just to make sure I'm understanding your pic and statement...
It's comfortably hitting inside the chamfer area? Not hitting inside the chamber....
Haven’t tried any other bullets in it as I’ve found a load that works. I’ll try and get some Berger’s loaded up and see what happens. It’ll be awhile though.
No worries. If you are hitting the chamfer you are in the same boat I'm in. I've been getting the impression that there was a fix for the fix that actually made them feed properly into the chamber... Hitting that chamfer to get nosed over into the chamber is the saddest example of feeding I believe I've ever seen on a rifle... This thing is basically going into the 308 only category for me from now on....
Guess I should visit less vld / hybrid designs to see if anything actually feeds into the chamber before I swear it off though
Just wish I hadn't gotten two 6.5 barrels before I found this out lol

Perhaps 7mm is large enough to ride the cut out for the bolt higher like the 308 does and actually feed into the chamber...

338 federal may actually feed even better still lol

I don’t know how to explain it anymore than the pictures. Sorry, the tip of the bullet rides past the feed ramp contacts halfway up the chamfered area and then goes into the chamber in one smooth push of the bolt handle. I’m surprised q hasn’t gotten back to you yet. They’ve been good the few times I’ve needed them.

I don’t know how to explain it anymore than the pictures. Sorry, the tip of the bullet rides past the feed ramp contacts halfway up the chamfered area and then goes into the chamber in one smooth push of the bolt handle. I’m surprised q hasn’t gotten back to you yet. They’ve been good the few times I’ve needed them.
You explained it fine, but since I was expecting that to be the case I wanted to make sure I didn't just read what I expected vs what you were saying... Hope that makes sense..

Nothing back from Q since answering which ammo choices I had tried...

Given I have two different examples, and insight from a couple folks like yourself that actually have similar feeding... I finally realized that Q just copied the bottom two bolt lugs and barrel extension design from an AR-10...
Which most of us realize that our ar10 dings up bullet tips and just say that it's what an AR does...

I ended up pulling out my ar10 308 and compared the feeding from the mag by slowly allowing a 308 to move forward and it rides the bolt cut out the same way and lines up with the chamber. Tried slowly allowing a few 6.5 options to ride up the feed ramp and it does EXACTLY the same thing as the fix by hitting the tip on the chamfer vs in the chamber. This was part of the reason I never liked my 6.5 gas gun either because it tore up bullet tips instead of actually feeding into the chamber.

Basically we will just have to accept that this is how this rifle feeds... The same way we end up saying it's just an AR and that's why it dings up rounds.... It's just much more obvious when you've had bolt guns that feed correctly into the chamber then this thing needs to bounce off a chamfer in order to get the bullet into the chamber. Likely made more obvious by the fact I started in 308 which actually feeds into the chamber due to the larger bullet riding the ramp / bolt cutout higher.

Maybe I'll find someone who wants a 6.5 instead of 308, or maybe I'll find less of a vld / hybrid design that will actually get the tip to present into the chamber instead of hitting the chamfer.
Either way this rifle is a sad example of feeding in a smaller caliber, but... I do now understand how they ended up where they are. I also understand that if I go to an aftermarket barrel I could increase the chamfer but I still call that crap feeding if it needs to bounce off a chamfer... At some point you'd loose case support if you angled the chamfer in deeper to allow less of an angle to bounce off of...

I see benefit to the 338 / 8.6 experiment Britt was talking about at one point as that'll likely feed into the chamber vs the chamfer

Last edited:
Reactions: wigwamitus
You explained it fine, but since I was expecting that to be the case I wanted to make sure I didn't just read what I expected vs what you were saying... Hope that makes sense..

Nothing back from Q since answering which ammo choices I had tried...

Given I have two different examples, and insight from a couple folks like yourself that actually have similar feeding... I finally realized that Q just copied the bottom two bolt lugs and barrel extension design from an AR-10...
Which most of us realize that our ar10 dings up bullet tips and just say that it's what an AR does...

I ended up pulling out my ar10 308 and compared the feeding from the mag by slowly allowing a 308 to move forward and it rides the bolt cut out the same way and lines up with the chamber. Tried slowly allowing a few 6.5 options to ride up the feed ramp and it does EXACTLY the same thing as the fix by hitting the tip on the chamfer vs in the chamber. This was part of the reason I never liked my 6.5 gas gun either because it tore up bullet tips instead of actually feeding into the chamber.

Basically we will just have to accept that this is how this rifle feeds... The same way we end up saying it's just an AR and that's why it dings up rounds.... It's just much more obvious when you've had bolt guns that feed correctly into the chamber then this thing needs to bounce off a chamfer in order to get the bullet into the chamber. Likely made more obvious by the fact I started in 308 which actually feeds into the chamber due to the larger bullet riding the ramp / bolt cutout higher.

Maybe I'll find someone who wants a 6.5 instead of 308, or maybe I'll find less of a vld / hybrid design that will actually get the tip to present into the chamber instead of hitting the chamfer.
Either way this rifle is a sad example of feeding in a smaller caliber, but... I do now understand how they ended up where they are. I also understand that if I go to an aftermarket barrel I could increase the chamfer but I still call that crap feeding if it needs to bounce off a chamfer... At some point you'd loose case support if you angled the chamfer in deeper to allow less of an angle to bounce off of...

I see benefit to the 338 / 8.6 experiment Britt was talking about at one point as that'll likely feed into the chamber vs the chamfer
Hit them on Instagram I had a reply in less than 8 hours and I’m in the U.K.

I’m currently zeroed and running my short .308 barrel so don’t want to pop the 6.5 back on. But I’ve never had a problem with 140gr ELD’s. I’ve never run the 143gr ELD-X but Q use them.

To be fair I don’t see the rifle as a super long range rifle so the Uber long VLD’s are a waste.

Hit them on Instagram I had a reply in less than 8 hours and I’m in the U.K.
I'm only about a week since the follow up question about what all ammo I had tried.

So I'll wait a little more before I start hitting more contact points

My first attempt was the contact message on the website with zero response, but I did get a reply to the info email address within hours that it was being fwd to an engineer. Follow up the next morning asking for ammo types. Quiet for little over a week now.
If their engineers are like most I work with it'll take more than a week for them to calculate a reply...

I don't think that the reply times have been bad since I tried the info email address, but I'm concluding to myself that the rifle design is not going to support most smaller caliber target ammo
I’m currently zeroed and running my short .308 barrel so don’t want to pop the 6.5 back on. But I’ve never had a problem with 140gr ELD’s. I’ve never run the 143gr ELD-X but Q use them.
You can likely see what I'm referring to using your 308 barrel and putting a 6.5 in the mag and pushing it fwd to see how it interacts with the chamber / chamfer area. I think most of us are just hitting the chamfer hard enough to get it into the chamber...

I don't call that proper feeding in a bolt gun though...
To be fair I don’t see the rifle as a super long range rifle so the Uber long VLD’s are a waste.
I agree to some extent and I keep a 16" 308 on it most of the time, but wanted to be able to swap the barrel for trips / locations that allow extended distances.

For example I first swapped the barrel to take a class with Frank and Marc at a 1k range and ended up not taking the rifle because I couldn't get it to feed like I expected...

I also keep a small stock of these more vld / target ammo options for my other rifles... so adding another option to stock because this rifle doesn't do well with the longer stuff is a less than desirable work around to me

Really just sharing what I'm seeing so others can make decisions according to their needs.
I may personally end up better suited with a different rifle for example, or anyone sticking to 120 or below bullet options may never see any such issue.

I believe it's a design limitation personally, but whatever info Q sends back I'll be sharing as well so if I'm wrong I'll share that as well...

What's everyone using for a sling? Rigged up a Magpul but not thrilled for hunting. Any suggestions?