• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

I am glade I got mine and the barrels while it was still an American company

Just curious why?... many companies are not American. Does it matter?. Just genuinely curious

The Berry Amendment is a statutory requirement that restricts the Department of Defense (DoD) from using funds appropriated or otherwise available to DoD for procurement of food, clothing, fabrics, fibers, yarns, other made-up textiles, and hand or measuring tools that are not grown, reprocessed, reused, or produced in the United States.

ETA - Obviously, there is lots of great foreign gear (Lapua, Norma, S&B, Zeiss, Leica, etc) particularly in the precision shooting area. Australia has a lot of work right now in powders, for example are made for Long range shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: waveslayer
New to the forum (found it via this thread) I snagged a MRAD in Tungsten Grey @ 300 win mag. Probably not the smartest purchase as here in the Miami area there aren't a ton of ranges that will get me some distance exercise but I got it nonetheless. I went with the ACCU-TAC FC5 6"-19" that has cant and pan. Scope is a NF 7-35x56 ATACR with nightforce mounts. I may switch over to Spurh we'll see how it goes with the NF "medium" mounts.

I'll post a pic once I get it set up and can get out to the closer range here and get some chronograph readings and lock the sight in.

I already have a new MRAD in 300N that I am just now setting up, so I thought I would try to get SH folks first dibs…I am looking for 6.5cm myself.

I already have a 17” SMR in 308 that I picked up cheap and will stay in the herd for my dedicated MRAD shorty.

I already have a new MRAD in 300N that I am just now setting up, so I thought I would try to get SH folks first dibs…I am looking for 6.5cm myself.

I already have a 17” SMR in 308 that I picked up cheap and will stay in the herd for my dedicated MRAD shorty.
This is what makes SH a great place. I've been trying to get one for years but always seem to show up late to the party.

.....not today Mr.DJ!!!

🥳🕺

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: waveslayer
QQ- I have scope, bipod, two different mounts to try and a cleaning kit incoming. Is there anything in hindsight that you would have liked to have when you first started shooting the MRAD. I also have data book, mat etc and my magnetospeed V3. I reload so I'll be developing 300 WM rounds for it until then I'll have my loads for my Surgeon actioned 26 inch barreled 300wm.

Anything that you can think of that would have made life easier/better? Oh also have a Snickers bar to celebrate my first 10 rounds. So I got that covered. :) I am ordering a Pelican 1750 I can't find one specifically for the MRAD but haven't looked too hard.

QQ- I have scope, bipod, two different mounts to try and a cleaning kit incoming. Is there anything in hindsight that you would have liked to have when you first started shooting the MRAD. I also have data book, mat etc and my magnetospeed V3. I reload so I'll be developing 300 WM rounds for it until then I'll have my loads for my Surgeon actioned 26 inch barreled 300wm.

Anything that you can think of that would have made life easier/better? Oh also have a Snickers bar to celebrate my first 10 rounds. So I got that covered. :) I am ordering a Pelican 1750 I can't find one specifically for the MRAD but haven't looked too hard.
The flat faced trigger-personal preference.

I replaced the grip with a Ergo competition grip or the wood one. I love it . I'm not lugging this much or off hand shooting it . Weight lifting I'd add too

Reactions: MilSpecJohn

Did your MRAD come with a pelican case?
Or they don't do that anymore?

Call EuroOptic and ask: (570) 368-3920
Thanks @diverdon
I ask, because mine came with one. I bought mine from an small out of state FFL, not sure if it came from EuroOptics or another distributor/store back in 2016-'17.

I assume it's a whole package from Barrett. Perhaps EuroOptics added it? Or Barrett no longer packages it with a Pelican to save costs?

Just curious.

As I read through this awesome thread on MRAD I am wondering is there a definitive 1 stop guide on the different MRAD series, changes that were made etc? I find myself reluctant to order things due to what seems to be a bit of non standardization. Unfortunately I don't have it in hand yet so I have only gotten a sight, bipod and cleaning kits for it. I want my MRAD to be a pretty princess - an in the mud rolling around getting dirty princess.

I have a small confession in that I am horrible at returning things. I have bought some expensive gear over the years only to find out it doesn't work for whatever my needs are and I have never returned anything. Not once have I returned an item in my life. Besides I am a Marine and I don't think USPS or UPS accept labels written in giant crayon which is the only thing my gal will let me touch. She says I am not qualified to use real writing instruments. I am the only big tech exec that isn't allowed to play with pens.

• Haha
Reactions: Dooby
As I read through this awesome thread on MRAD I am wondering is there a definitive 1 stop guide on the different MRAD series, changes that were made etc? I find myself reluctant to order things due to what seems to be a bit of non standardization. Unfortunately I don't have it in hand yet so I have only gotten a sight, bipod and cleaning kits for it. I want my MRAD to be a pretty princess - an in the mud rolling around getting dirty princess.

I have a small confession in that I am horrible at returning things. I have bought some expensive gear over the years only to find out it doesn't work for whatever my needs are and I have never returned anything. Not once have I returned an item in my life. Besides I am a Marine and I don't think USPS or UPS accept labels written in giant crayon which is the only thing my gal will let me touch. She says I am not qualified to use real writing instruments. I am the only big tech exec that isn't allowed to play with pens.
No, there isn't a one stop guide for the mrad. What mrad you get now will be identical to the features on the mk22 other than name and serial number

Video coming soon hopefully

Attachments

• 84D4BFA2-8558-4C61-BE4B-625F4D719142.jpeg
    84D4BFA2-8558-4C61-BE4B-625F4D719142.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 121
  • EBFA169C-C8C3-4217-A5DC-6DBEEAA5DCD8.jpeg
    EBFA169C-C8C3-4217-A5DC-6DBEEAA5DCD8.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 6A388BC5-7C33-4F43-B4D9-9A9C1C05707E.jpeg
    6A388BC5-7C33-4F43-B4D9-9A9C1C05707E.jpeg
    558.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 43EDFA75-3303-431A-A2FA-C1D65B8940F8.jpeg