• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The new IOR 1-10x26 is here....

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

a handful of these actually arrived a few weeks ago but they were quickly snapped up in a low key manner, so I didn't want to stir the pot on them.

Now, another, bigger shipment has arrived, and I have one sitting on my desk, unopened.

I will spend lots of time with it this weekend and post a report on my blog by Sunday night.

This way, all of your questions can be answered at once.

scott

Re: The new IOR 1-10x26 is here....

What does the reticle look like? I have yet to find any images of it...

Where is it on the your site? Under new products there is only 4-16FFP...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vtb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is it on the your site? Under new products there is only 4-16FFP...</div></div>

This....

?

On liberty optic's website this scope mentioned like "look at the "new products" page" - but under "new products" page there is only 4-16 FFP ior scope info.

Thanks guys, I see they have good pics up on their website, but no specs and no reticle.

We were waiting for pics before adding to the website, I'll get specs and pics of the reticle and then we will add it tonight.

Scott

Ok, I'll post the pics on the website with the product.

Length 11.5"
Weight 33 ounces (41 ounces with an ADM SW-35 QD mount)
Eye relief: 3.3" at 1x, a little less at 10x (about 3.2")

35mils of reticle travel (125moa)

Dual illuminated, the reticle is the MRAD X1 found in the new 3-18x42, with a thicker SFP center dot, which illuminates bright red, the FFP reticle illuminates in green in its entirety, sans the center dot.

Tunnel vision is noted from 1x to 1.25x, and then disappears entirely.

Really, hard to find fault with this scope, it's a true 1-10x with IOR glass, perfect tracking, tons of reticle travel, a true Swiss Army knife of a scope. Best of all, it's not vaporware or unobtainium, it's ready to ship right now.

Scott

Well...
Doesn't center dot (which I understand is SFP) offset to the right from the center?

Feature rich while WAY too heavy.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Singlestack Wonder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feature rich while WAY too heavy.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Agreed, just checked out the weight, as much as a USO 3.2-17x44!

Nice scope, but the price tag is a bit ridiculous. I dig IOR stuff. I have a 3.5-18x50 FFP that is a great piece of kit. But $2850 for is way out of bounds for this scope buyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Singlestack Wonder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feature rich while WAY too heavy.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Agreed, just checked out the weight, as much as a USO 3.2-17x44! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice scope, but the price tag is a bit ridiculous.</div></div>

You can't have it all...

It looks very interesting.
I would imagine all the 'new' 1x8 or 1x10's will be pricey to start.
The weight is going to be a concern here too.

For that much weight you could put a couple of nice optics on the same rifle.

Weighs about the same as my NXS, but obviously its a bit bigger, Scott nice pictures of the reticle at the various power levels on your website.

NXS 3.5-15x50 is 850 grams, NXS 3.5-15x56 is 880 grams
IOR 1-10x26 is 935 grams.

Yes - we can't have it all at once.
But the part of weight goes from bulky knobs design etc. - i'm sure it could be worked out in the future.

Looking forward report on central dot aligment.

Interesting scope. I wonder if they are going to have an option of low profile knobs on this scope. I recall at SHOT they also had a 1.1-10x26 scope with covered low profile knobs that I really liked. Honestly, I think that would be a better option for the 1-10x26 as well. It would make the scope a fair bit more streamlined.

Here is a picture from SHOT. Notice the covered knobs on the scope on the left.

SHOT2011-15.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posted on the website. Check it out!!

Scott </div></div>

What? IOR isn't offering these to Hide members for $300.00? I feel misled and disappointed.

grin.gif

The 1.1 model was the one I saw in reno a year or so ago. It didn't seem to be that bulky and probably no heavier than the 3-18 I'm already toting around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What? IOR isn't offering these to Hide members for $300.00? I feel misled and disappointed.
</div></div>

Yeah no shit it was black friday/monday or whatever too
frown.gif

Thanks guys,

I looked through the scope and the dot seemed aligned to me, I think it might have been a short area parallax with the camera, if I move my head from extreme side to side I can get the dot to look like it shifts to the opposite side a tad...I think since the dot is in the rear focal plane this makes sense? But with proper head alignment looked just right to me.

Ilya,

Yes, the capped turret model is in the works, I think it will be SFP only though....

Scott

Wow. I was really looking forward to this scope as a topping for a 308 gas gun, but that price and weight are something else. I could have swallowed the weight but the $2800 price tag is something else. I know being the first to market carries some weight and all, but yikes. That's into the realm of S&B. One of the reasons I love IOR is the pricing. They offered great glass at a lower price than S&B or USO. If they push into the S&B price realm I don't really see a reason to go with them. Hopefully when the new wears off things will settle down a bit, till then I think the 2.5-10 and RMR combo will just have to work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys,

I looked through the scope and the dot seemed aligned to me, I think it might have been a short area parallax with the camera, if I move my head from extreme side to side I can get the dot to look like it shifts to the opposite side a tad...I think since the dot is in the rear focal plane this makes sense? But with proper head alignment looked just right to me.

Ilya,

Yes, the capped turret model is in the works, I think it will be SFP only though....

Scott

</div></div>

Scott, the apparent parallax of the SFP dot with respect to the FFP reticle is something that really should not be there, if I understand this correctly.

The fact that it may be there with the camera is not very important, but the fact that is there for your eye is something you should be able to calibrate out with the proper adjustment of the eyepiece focus.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. I was really looking forward to this scope as a topping for a 308 gas gun, but that price and weight are something else. I could have swallowed the weight but the $2800 price tag is something else. I know being the first to market carries some weight and all, but yikes. That's into the realm of S&B. One of the reasons I love IOR is the pricing. They offered great glass at a lower price than S&B or USO. If they push into the S&B price realm I don't really see a reason to go with them. Hopefully when the new wears off things will settle down a bit, till then I think the 2.5-10 and RMR combo will just have to work. </div></div>

+1.

S&B's 1-8 at $2500 is the choice most will make.

I got mine today. Ordered yesterday am! Initially, I'm impressed. Eye relief is generous and the weight is workable and it feels a bit better balanced than my eotech with magnifier. Needs a switchview and some butler creeks and Im ready. Psyched about minimizing my work in transitions from close to far. I did a fiew snap drills in the back yard at night and it was nice.
gIW9P4Z1_original.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys,

Ilya,

Scott

</div></div>

Scott, the apparent parallax of the SFP dot with respect to the FFP reticle is something that really should not be there, if I understand this correctly.

The fact that it may be there with the camera is not very important, but the fact that is there for your eye is something you should be able to calibrate out with the proper adjustment of the eyepiece focus.

ILya </div></div>

Ilya,

10-4, I never messed with the diopter, and I admit I'm not visualizing how all this works with reticles in both focal planes, since they are different distances from the eye. You have three focal planes to work out, reticle 1, reticle 2, and the target. Side focus for the target, and diopter for both reticle planes?

At any rate, it was a non-issue to me, the overall alignment was pleasing, and the "apparent" parallax was only noticeable at the extreme head positioning...in response to the poster from Moscow.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBannister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine today. Ordered yesterday am! Initially, I'm impressed. Eye relief is generous and the weight is workable and it feels a bit better balanced than my eotech with magnifier. Needs a switchview and some butler creeks and Im ready. Psyched about minimizing my work in transitions from close to far. I did a fiew snap drills in the back yard and it was nice.
gIW9P4Z9_original.jpg
</div></div>

Can you provide some reticle views with and without the illuminated dot. Do you know that MOA ize the dot is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys,

Ilya,

Scott

</div></div>

ILya </div></div>

Ilya,

10-4, I never messed with the diopter, and I admit I'm not visualizing how all this works with reticles in both focal planes, since they are different distances from the eye. You have three focal planes to work out, reticle 1, reticle 2, and the target. Side focus for the target, and diopter for both reticle planes?

At any rate, it was a non-issue to me, the overall alignment was pleasing, and the "apparent" parallax was only noticeable at the extreme head positioning...in response to the poster from Moscow.

Scott </div></div>

Not having seen the scope design I am only guessing, of course, but it is likely to be a pretty good guess.

Side focus knob does one thing: gets the image from the objective lens group imaged onto the FFP reticle. The whole erector system re-images the FFP reticle onto the second focal plane where there is another reticle. How well this is done has to be set during alignment at the factory (this is an additional manufacturing step that probably complicates thing to a certain degree). The eyepiece focus is there to set the eyepiece to focus exactly on the SFP location where the two reticles are superimposed onto each other.

ILya

I am really glad that they (IOR) decided to keep the parallax knob.
So for those who have it, how do you like the red dot part of it? Is it nice and clear, plenty bright?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. I was really looking forward to this scope as a topping for a 308 gas gun, but that price and weight are something else. I could have swallowed the weight but the $2800 price tag is something else. I know being the first to market carries some weight and all, but yikes. That's into the realm of S&B. One of the reasons I love IOR is the pricing. They offered great glass at a lower price than S&B or USO. If they push into the S&B price realm I don't really see a reason to go with them. Hopefully when the new wears off things will settle down a bit, till then I think the 2.5-10 and RMR combo will just have to work. </div></div>

+1.

S&B's 1-8 at $2500 is the choice most will make.</div></div>

+2

I have been waiting for this scope and expected it to enter the market at below the segment leaders - at least initially. I really like my IOR 3.5-18x50 and was looking forward to owning another IOR product. I will be shopping for my first S&B. Thanks all for sharing the info and pics.

Wow, beat S&B and PR to market despite spotting them two years out of the gate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJimFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, beat S&B and PR to market despite spotting them two years out of the gate. </div></div>

Yes, thanks for pointing that out.

The advantage that IOR has is that they manufacture everything in house. They don't rely on subcontractor or third party vendors for "pieces parts" like other manufacturers do which tends to complicate the supply chain for them. They are very independent and have lots of talented engineers in house. To my knowledge, the only thing outsourced is the raw glass, which is bought from Schott.

Many people here remember the original 3-18x42 FFP. Yes, it had it's teething pains that ultimately led to the Gen IV refinements, but what many people forget is that scope went from a sheet of paper to delivery in about 6 months. Name me any other scope manufacturer that could do that?

The only downside is that IOR is so mobile and flexible and their scopes evolve so fast that many of them become obsolete fairly quickly.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJimFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, beat S&B and PR to market despite spotting them two years out of the gate. </div></div>

Yes, thanks for pointing that out.

The advantage that IOR has is that they manufacture everything in house. They don't rely on subcontractor or third party vendors for "pieces parts" like other manufacturers do which tends to complicate the supply chain for them. They are very independent and have lots of talented engineers in house. To my knowledge, the only thing outsourced is the raw glass, which is bought from Schott.

Many people here remember the original 3-18x42 FFP. Yes, it had it's teething pains that ultimately led to the Gen IV refinements, but what many people forget is that scope went from a sheet of paper to delivery in about 6 months. Name me any other scope manufacturer that could do that?

The only downside is that IOR is so mobile and flexible and their scopes evolve so fast that many of them become obsolete fairly quickly.

Scott </div></div>

This is a nice scope, but I think they might be out to lunch on the price. The 1-8 S&B while not in market yet, is shorter and lighter, has a better pedigree, and is touted to be $300 cheaper. The cost of labor in Romania (eastern Europe) where IOR scopes are made is a lot lot less than it is in Germany, so this scope I'm thinking should be pitched quite a bit cheaper to gain any traction in the market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

This is a nice scope, but I think they might be out to lunch on the price. The 1-8 S&B while not in market yet, is shorter and lighter, has a better pedigree, and is touted to be $300 cheaper. The cost of labor in Romania (eastern Europe) where IOR scopes are made is a lot lot less than it is in Germany, so this scope I'm thinking should be pitched quite a bit cheaper to gain any traction in the market. </div></div>

Thanks for the feedback, guys. As you know, many manufacturers lurk here and follow these threads. IOR-Valdada is no different. Here is a response from Scott @ IOR:

"Please point out to the fellas that although the price is high in IOR-speak, we have pushed the envelope tremendously with this optic. If SB or USO made a 1-10 with dual reticule, dual digital illum, zero stop, secondary impact indicator, side focus, and 100 moa of travel (30 mils) on a 35mm tube their pricing would be north of 4k, no doubt.
Yes it is expensive but it has no peer, and any scope those guys make with these features would be very, very expensive. Everyone has a 1. something to 8x...nobody has this yet. Otherwise I find the thread quite fair."

Scott

I want, they look great,.. I hear the eye box is a little more generous

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks for the feedback, guys. As you know, many manufacturers lurk here and follow these threads. IOR-Valdada is no different. Here is a response from Scott @ IOR:

"Please point out to the fellas that although the price is high in IOR-speak, we have pushed the envelope tremendously with this optic. If SB or USO made a 1-10 with dual reticule, dual digital illum, zero stop, secondary impact indicator, side focus, and 100 moa of travel (30 mils) on a 35mm tube their pricing would be north of 4k, no doubt.
Yes it is expensive but it has no peer, and any scope those guys make with these features would be very, very expensive. Everyone has a 1. something to 8x...nobody has this yet. Otherwise I find the thread quite fair."

Scott
</div></div>

I think scope makers will have a very hard time finding a market at the $4k level with this kind of product. Leupold are there, but apart from the military (who are now finding it increasingly harder to justify this type of expense) who's buying? While the initial R&D and maybe the cost of manufacturer are higher the genie is out of the bottle, more scope makers will follow suit IMHO.

If IOR guys do follow this thread: Can this scope be made lighter? Good low-profile lightweithg knobs, lighter body - shave off 150-200 gramms - and it'll be hell of a scope...
1-4 Trijicon TR24 weights 450 grams
1.5-6 USO SN4 - weights 560 grams...

Well - 650-700 gramms for this scope is enough...

PS
and - what's the size in MOA at 1x and 10x of central SFP dot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vtb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If IOR guys do follow this thread: Can this scope be made lighter? Good low-profile lightweithg knobs, lighter body - shave off 150-200 gramms - and it'll be hell of a scope...
1-4 Trijicon TR24 weights 450 grams
1.5-6 USO SN4 - weights 560 grams...

Well - 650-700 gramms for this scope is enough...

PS
and - what's the size in MOA at 1x and 10x of central SFP dot? </div></div>

Agreed, this scope weighs as much as my N Frame S&W625 wheel-gun. The 1-10 IOR weighs in at 34 ounces compared to S&B's 1-8 which comes in at 23 ounces.

First time out in the daylight. Went to sight in and try out the holds on the reticle. Clarity is boringly IOR clear and brilliant. Eye relief is most generous. The fear I had regarding weight was unnecessary due to the scopes balance. I practiced close-in shots alternating with 200 yard shots going from 1 to 10 x. Worked extremely well when I got down to adjusting paralax to the appropriate distance. Definitely needs distances marked on paralax knob. The only down side is that the illumination of the singular dot is not bright enough during daylight to be used with both eyes open. To me this is a much needed feature for cqb work. I swapped the CR2032 with a fresh chikom and it was the same intensity. I will be trying a name brand power source tomorrow to make sure Im not underpowering the illumination. I have a call in to Scott to see if this is the norm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBannister</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">The only down side is that the illumination of the singular dot is not bright enough during daylight to be used with both eyes open. To me this is a much needed feature for cqb work.</span> I swapped the CR2032 with a fresh chikom and it was the same intensity. I will be trying a name brand power source tomorrow to make sure Im not underpowering the illumination. I have a call in to Scott to see if this is the norm. </div></div>

A day light visible illuminated reticle is crucial, especially at this price point. Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

What do IOR have to say about this?

Im awaiting a callback from Val at IOR to seek his advice. Scott at Liberty was on his way out if town when I called and he instructed me to call the manufacturer.

I cannot wait to hear some more reviews but unfortunately I will have to wait as well as many other until this scope comes within budget as the competition catches up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBannister</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The only down side is that the illumination of the singular dot is not bright enough during daylight to be used with both eyes open. To me this is a much needed feature for cqb wor</span>k. </span>I swapped the CR2032 with a fresh chikom and it was the same intensity. I will be trying a name brand power source tomorrow to make sure Im not underpowering the illumination. I have a call in to Scott to see if this is the norm. </div></div>

Anymore news from IOR as to whether this scope has a daylight visible illuminated red-dot? This scope was announced with quite a bit of fanfare and a price tag to match. Just wondering if IOR launched this product prematurely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Opticsspecialist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this thing looks familiar :)

dayforce.jpg
</div></div>

Too funny!

Still waiting on a call-back. I'll call IOR again today.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBannister</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The only down side is that the illumination of the singular dot is not bright enough during daylight to be used with both eyes open. To me this is a much needed feature for cqb wor</span>k. </span>I swapped the CR2032 with a fresh chikom and it was the same intensity. I will be trying a name brand power source tomorrow to make sure Im not underpowering the illumination. I have a call in to Scott to see if this is the norm. </div></div>

Anymore news from IOR as to whether this scope has a daylight visible illuminated red-dot? This scope was announced with quite a bit of fanfare and a price tag to match. Just wondering if IOR launched this product prematurely. </div></div>