• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision The Official: Steiner C35 Thermal Clip-on Review and User Thread!

Ok so now the question is: what ring height for the Gen 3 razor to pair with the c35? Haha.
No seriously, what ring size?

I paired with 1.5" on mine
Nightrider.jpg

What were these going for with the discount? I’ll I can find right now is the S35, which there isnt near as much info out there on.

I have sold a good amount of C35s, H35s, and S35s. I have only received positive feedback about all three, especially when it comes to value. It is essentially the same unit, just with different native magnifications (S35 is x2) and purposes. But all have the same features with the Steiner app, all are manual focus, and all have a great picture.

Does that case rattle while in your pocket? I put foam ear plugs in my cheapo case to stop the batteries from rattling.
There is a small amount of space at the end of the battery, approx 1/4". So they slide some if you shake the case. It would be easy to fix with a small piece of foam.
20221111_135417.jpg

Reactions: monkeypunch
I have the Nighthunter C35 and have a problem can anyone help, I can’t zoom in or out when holding down the forward/back button! I am holding down for some time with menu off? How and where do I get to upgrade firmware?

I have the Nighthunter C35 and have a problem can anyone help, I can’t zoom in or out when holding down the forward/back button! I am holding down for some time with menu off? How and where do I get to upgrade firmware?

The c35 has no zoom function only time 2x pip. The s35 can zoom

Took the C35 out for a bit tonight since the weather is much cooler. It seems like black hot was the better picture quality today. Weather was low 30s, clear and dry. Shop is about 50 yards, far tree lines is about 400 if I remember correctly.
7506F32D-15A9-4903-BDE0-889C4D040BFB.jpeg
DC9CA4AD-8A30-4EB3-9A17-BBD82899317F.jpeg

DRT has their BF sale starting so I bit. A little over $2500 for the S35 to my door. Looking forward to getting it in hand. Thinking about running it on my 12.5” .308 AR10 or maybe setting up a 12-14” 6.5G upper with an offset RDS and small white light for a thermal gat.

I got my new Vortex Razor gen 3 1-10 mounted up and it is going to be perfect with the C35 I believe. Didn't really have much time to mess with it. Just looked around in the back yard.
Problem is, Im trying to get this damn flash hider off of the Geissele Super Duty rifle that I have and I can't get it to budge. I imagine they used Rocksett and I hate that shit. Ive tried the boiling trick and still no joy. Anybody have any ideas how to get this bastard loose?

Reactions: Balor and BurtG
DRT has their BF sale starting so I bit. A little over $2500 for the S35 to my door. Looking forward to getting it in hand. Thinking about running it on my 12.5” .308 AR10 or maybe setting up a 12-14” 6.5G upper with an offset RDS and small white light for a thermal gat.
Who is drt?

Are all of the deals and rebates on the Steiner C35 over an done with? Or can one still be fought at a serious discount?

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Are all of the deals and rebates on the Steiner C35 over a done with? Or can one still be fought at a serious discount?
If any dealers want to answer that in a PM, send one to me as well por favor

So what's the best one to get S or C?

Going in a gap10 260 and I already have an old school 1.8-10 USO SN3 in a 1.5" mount... But that s35 price is TOUGH to beat.

@DownRangeThermal

Any clip ONS left?

So what's the best one to get S or C?

Going in a gap10 260 and I already have an old school 1.8-10 USO SN3 in a 1.5" mount... But that s35 price is TOUGH to beat.

@DownRangeThermal

Any clip ONS left?
SOK and DRT are both OOS on the C35. The decision is made for you.

Is the clip-on worth $1000 more? That's the real question
I've been running the S35 on my rifle. The rifle is dedicated to a thermal setup so I have no intentions of swapping optics. The magnification is good up to about 4.5x before the pixels get outta hand. I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Reactions: BurtG and Balor
GFL was down at market close, not up...

I did look, that's how I know they were out of stock.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Listed my Steiner C35 in the PX

Ok so when I go to the Steiner app and I’m connected to the c35, why when I go to the media tab I don’t have any media?
I have taken pictures with it. And I can get them but only by going through the device tab and screen shotting them.
Someone who’s played with theirs more and figured it out I would love to hear from you.

i bought one last week from MHSA. i was hoping to have it by this coming weekend. got my GAP-10 setup with scope and all, just need this to mount in front.

im usually very patient.. this wait is killing me. i filled out my ITAR disclaimer last week, was hoping they would have my C35 in the mail before Turkey day.

Ok so when I go to the Steiner app and I’m connected to the c35, why when I go to the media tab I don’t have any media?
I have taken pictures with it. And I can get them but only by going through the device tab and screen shotting them.
Someone who’s played with theirs more and figured it out I would love to hear from you.
There are two media sections. One is for pics/videos that you take on the actual C35. The other is for when your connected via wifi and use the controls on your phone/ tablet to take the pic.

The one marked “B” on the pic is stuff you have used the app button to take a pic of.

The one marked “A” is for when you use the buttons on the C35 to take
pics/videos.

I hope that makes sense
3FDC1F89-63BD-47E2-991F-20B27B97F2C5.jpeg