• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This a good deal on an MCX? (Edit: 1st. gen., up to $1825 and climbing!)

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    $1300. Optics alone are probably a few hundred, right? Not savvy on Sig optics or MCX variants. I know this is a gen 1 rifle but that's all I really know.

Is this one of those killer "don't pass it up" deals or should I in fact pass?

If it won't take a Geissele AR trigger then I'll put whatever it needs in it to make it slick. I'll form1 the day it gets here and I'd like to use one of those folding skeleton or HK type stocks, probably skeleton.

Can you "upgrade" these to the 2gen. by changing out the upper? I know these work on regular AR lowers so the special sauce has to be there.
    1605909136158.png

Last edited:
    It it were a current gen, it would sell for 2 times that. Most of the money is the upper. If you need to change it out, its a terrible price

If it was me, I would go ahead and buy it at that price.
    It's worth a lot more on Gunbroker, even being 1st gen.

I would grab it at that price. I would sell the Chinese optics for 200 to 300 bucks and you would be into for probably a grand. I think they are going for around 1800ish these days.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I'd never buy anything from an new/unrated seller on GB. Too much risk. But that's just me.

No idea how the seller wants to get paid.
    NR rated seller, even he has been on gunbroker for almost 3 years.
    Maybe the ARMSLIST scammers have moved to a new platform, as you need to be a Paying member now.

Paypal.

But I sent him a PM saying it'd have to be CC if I bought it.

The optics sell for $550 new on Amazon so sell those for a few hundred maybe and it makes this a $980 rifle (I think German has a pistol custom cut for a Romeo so I'll hit him up first!). Seriously though, I'm sure someone can use 'em. Hell, I might stick the red dot on something for a backup.

I don't really see myself changing out barrels with anything but the MRAD anyway, every upper always winds up with it's own lower somehow. A piston keeps shit out of your face so as long as it's reliable I don't give a shit. I imagine it's more accurate than the duty it'll pull and it's lighter and more compact than my current 11.5" SBR. It's a LOT less than a SCAR 16 or BT APC too.

We'll see. Fingers crossed I guess.

Last edited:
    Well, all of a sudden it just got bid up to $1825 and climbing! There are "buy it now" virtus pistols for like $100 or $200 more I think!

What a shit show.

Here I was somewhat regretting a $1280 bid on it. Which IMO it's totally worth but $1825? No way.

Even the high dollar shit is sold out and getting gouged up now. Maybe it's time to work on kits, builds, etc. for a while --no mainstream purchases. Shit, what to do, what to do...

MCX prices are super high. I got a brand new Rattler almost two years ago for ~1400. I can probably sell it used on GB for over 2k now.

Well, all of a sudden it just got bid up to $1825 and climbing! There are "buy it now" virtus pistols for like $100 or $200 more I think!

What a shit show.

Here I was somewhat regretting a $1280 bid on it. Which IMO it's totally worth but $1825? No way.

Even the high dollar shit is sold out and getting gouged up now. Maybe it's time to work on kits, builds, etc. for a while --no mainstream purchases. Shit, what to do, what to do...

Yep that's how it goes, right at the end usually it gets run up.

To give you an idea, a decent non-panic deal for a current generation SIG MCX Virtus is right around $1900 to $2000

I have both the MCX and the MPX and I'm very happy with them.
    The bolt / barrel change capability is excellent
    Then with the custom recoil system, you can shoot them with the stock folded just fine.
    Having the 2 position piston selector is also a plus if you want to run the MCX suppressed.

I had a gen 1 mcx for a couple years, I wasn’t that impressed with it honestly. There’s no way I’d pay current prices for one.

First gen mcx used a standard ar 15 lower. All lower parts are interchangeable

See, I'm still learning shit about 'em.

I'm about done (well, I say that) with my semi shit and wanted an MCX because I figure it'll probably be the rifle the army goes with next year (one like it) so it's probably a reliable platform, no shit in the face would be nice with suppressors, and ability to have at least one semi rifle I can quick swap barrels and configurations on. Sig actually making shit for 'em vs. FN is nice too.

I'll keep my eyes open for one later, maybe call Sig and see if I can get a good deal direct. Worth a try.

But I gotta pass on $2000 gen 1's, $600 Geissele Tavor trigger packs and $450 Colt 9mm uppers.