• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes This is getting old.......

Barrel Nut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Oak Ridge, TN
Had another scope sh*t the bed today. I already had two boxed up to ship back to Leupold. They will ship out tomorrow. Today I had a Nikon that quit adjusting. The elevation knob turns and clicks and sounds good but the reticle just does not move. It is very close to the optical center too. My 100 yard zero is the pretty close to the optical center. I adjusted 4.3 MOA to shoot at 300 and it was right on. My 600 yard dope is 17 and I adjusted and shot that and just impacted the berm. After futzing with it for a while I tried adjusting while looking through it and you can clearly see that the retical moves for a ways and then just quits moving. It is very repeatable. It ended a nice day at the range. It is just unfortunate because this is the third scope failure this year for me. This is getting old. How is Nikon's customer service?

Re: This is getting old.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How is Nikon's customer service?
</div></div>

No receipt no repair.

Really....If I can't find the receipt then They will not fix it? That would suck. It would also be the last Nikon scope purchase for me. If you say that it has a lifetime warranty then you need to warranty it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How is Nikon's customer service?
</div></div>

No receipt no repair. </div></div>

What a bunch of dicks. What difference does it make if you have a receipt?

Fuck them.

I thought Nikons higher end scopes had a full lifetime warranty (transferable)?

I will let you know today after I contact them. We should collect the warranty policies of all the manufacturers and make that a sticky. Then before you buy you can easily check to see if they will stand behind it their stuff.

i had a nikon i bought used that had a problem. i sent it back t nikon and they sent me a new one no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]

Bullshit, don't speak unless you know what you're talking about. I have sent in two over the last 10 years and a receipt or warranty paperwork was never asked for. My hunting buddy just got his scope back from warranty repair last week, no receipt, two week turnaround for a blown seal. They cleaned it internally, replaced the seal, checked windage and elevation, and recoil tested it before returning it. The only time I have heard of issues with Nikon's warranty is for factory reconditioned scopes, they only offer a 90 day warranty on them. Some shady ebay sellers are selling them as new and they are marked internally as reconditioned.
Anyways, call them and send it in, it will get fixed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How is Nikon's customer service?
</div></div>

Not true, i have a Monarch X that had issues that i purchased on ebay. The scope was replaced without question and they were very nice to deal with on top of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .... this is the third scope failure this year for me. This is getting old. </div></div>
Look on the bright side - that is only 1 busted scope per week!!
Are you sure the Nikon hasn't just run out of adjustment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 20incher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10truck maybe yours was new? </div></div>

It was new when i got it, but i used it for over a year before i finally sent it back with a canted retical. Either way they did'nt ask any questions.

I had a Nikon tactical scope the turrets got bent. I think I had the scope for 3 years. Sent it back to Nikon. They sent me a brand new one, papers box and all. No questions, no money.

Nikon was good to me. Call them

Mnshortdraw is correct.
Nikon customer service will fix your scope.

I work for Nikon and will contact Barrel Nut to help walk him through our easy return process to make sure he gets taken care of quickly and correctly.
Nikon works very hard to make sure you are happy with out optics long after the day you mount it on your rifle. Occssionally issues do arrise and we do our best to make the correction to your satisfaction.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a Nikon tactical scope the turrets got bent. I think I had the scope for 3 years. Sent it back to Nikon. They sent me a brand new one, papers box and all. No questions, no money.

Nikon was good to me. Call them</div></div>

How did you manage to bend a turret?