• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is why I dont buy OAKLEYS!

Re: This is why I dont buy OAKLEYS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at ESS also. Decent pricing and a great product. </div></div> i was issued ESS Crossbows but i hated them, after 10 days of training the lens was scratched to hell and they sit too close to my face. sweat would run down the lens and i couldn't see. Borrowed a friends set up M Frames the last day and loved them, got home and ordered a pair of usstandardissue.

Doesn't matter what glasses I buy. Less than a year they are broke. Oakley's have some very nice lenses yes, but their frames and stems suck. They break and you are screwed. Them rat bastards at Oakley will not replace them unless you have all sorts of documentation in hand and with in their very limited warranty time frame. You cannot even buy frames to replace what should have been warrantied. I still have nice pairs of M-frame and pro M frame lenses here. Both with broken frames that snap like brittle twigs. I might even still have Blades that back in the day I was screwed over with also.

Oaklay are GTG, not to say that less expensive options arent just that I wera oakleys and it is money well spent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ***Ronin***</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oakley is kinda the best plastic eyewear out there and there is a reason why they are still #1 sold plastic eyewear.

ESS crossbow model are really good against fogging. (I didn't know oakley bought them)

Wiley-x has a huge problems with fogging...

But if you want one of the greatest real glass eyewear (not plastic as above) then i would recommand Serengeti eyewear (http://www.serengeti-eyewear.com/technology/default.aspx )... unfortunatly they are not ANSI rated and you can't compare the clarity with these to oakley. Real glass eyewear gives you a better view then plastic lens.

If you want a all around eyewear then you you can't go wrong with Oakleys.

As many already mentioned before me, your eyes is worth it, because your sights are priceless and once you loose it then there is no 2nd round.

stay frosty </div></div>

I've gotta agree about the Serengeti's being another good choice, but I've never had their glass lenses. The polarized plastic lenses are MUCH better than my current polarized Oakleys. I had a pair of Serengeti Ti frames for a couple years before a tiny screw busted. I bought another pair of Serengeti's with plastic frames and they started to crack, so I sent both pairs off, one for warranty work, the other to be repaired.

It turns out, Serengeti is serviced by Bushnell. They had both pairs back out to me within a few weeks, free of charge. The plastic frame pair broke a few months later (my fault) and then the Ti frames didn't survive being run over by both a tractor and then a shredder.

The Oakleys have better frames, but the lenses aren't as good. Still, good lenses don't mean anything if the frames are broken.

I've only ever bought one pair of Oakley's, which was towards the beginning of this year (Jan 2011). The polarized lenses provide great distortion-free visual clarity across the entire field-of-view (as best as I can tell), and have the best polarization I've ever had in a pair of sunglasses.

I have a few gripes, however...

1) The model I bought has a thin metal frame (I can't remember the name of the model at the moment) which sweat wreaks havoc on; the metal parts behind the nose pads in the bridge have turned green with corrosion.

2) The glue holding the rubber sleeves on the temples has also long ago let go due to sweat.

3) Lastly, the lenses on these things seem to have a magnetic attraction for scratches. Mine only have two or three small scratches on them, and none of those cover the normal focal point of my eye, but I've babied these things (keep them in the cloth bag they came in, never lay them down or place them near anything that could possibly be abrasive, etc.). Even being treated like that, they've ended up with a couple/few. Amazing!

I love the styling and visual clarity these things provide, so I'd buy another pair if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative with clarity that approaches Oakley's. BUT, I'd definitely give another manufacturer a fair shake next time since Oakley's cost what they do, and don't hold up quite as well as I'd like.

I love my Oakley Half Jacket XLJ's, yes they are a bit higher, but with the "standard issue" stuff a new set of lenses is only about $25 shipped. As much as I wear my sunglasses I'll gladly pay for a new set of lenses every year.

I never even tried on a pair of oakleys, until I learned about this site. Now I'll never go back.

For shooting I use g30 radars. Awesome lenses. I also have cross hairs and inmates.

Oakleys are not that expensive if you rate the LEO/MIL discount. Most pairs can be ordered direct from their website for under $50.

You just can't beat that deal.

ESS are better than Oakley to me. I get bothered by seeing the plastic in the Oakley lens material in different light conditions.

I lost my second pair of ESS goggles (I had clear and tinted), and I just picked up clear glasses at Home depot in a four pack for $25 (they were Z87 rated, but I don't think they are Z87+ rated whatever that means. I rarely work at night, and buying from ESS requires the foresight of ordering a week or two in advance, while Home Depot was open.

Maybe eventually I'll pick up another pair. It's too bad you can't get a pair of ESS glasses for $40 or something more reasonable.

Oakleys really arent that expensive if you get a military discount. With my discount my M frames were only $65. i cant argue with that at all, and the last pair i got 13 years of use out of before i broke them, and it was my fault. So, i bought another pair.

-Paulus