• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts/Information on 33XC?

Kotes19

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2023
United States
I recently discovered 33XC while researching various 30 caliber long range cartridges, only to quickly be stopped by the severe lack of both articles and videos on this caliber.

I’ve read a few articles on the cartridge and seen a few videos on it, mainly from MarkandSam’s channel (they are really the only person who mentions it and has footage of using it at extreme distance) and they have all said the cartridge is very good at what it is designed for. But, that seems to be about it.

Looking at Tubb’s own page, I couldn’t find any dimensions of the caliber (aside from the section where he discusses self loading it, yet he still barely mentions the calibers dimensions itself, and more the reamer and press specs)

Anyone hear got something to say about it? Should I not bother trying to learn more about it?

Better yet, is there an article that I missed that discusses the dimensions of the cartridge, along with some velocity and wind deflection charts?

The best I’ve gotten was that it’s .338 caliber… not even the case length.

Quite a few discussions on it in the ELR sub-forum here.

I have read and researched quite extensively. Depending on your application, the 33xc is an absolutely incredible cartridge. It doesn’t get better than this for long range 33 caliber cartridges.

If you plan on to push out further than 2,500 either for recreation or competing, i’d probably recommend the 37xc or a 375 cheytac instead for a greater impact signature from a spotting perspective.

only negatives I can think of is that you will be stuck single feeding, it’s a long sucker. So if you have to be mag fed the i’d suggest staying away.

I would suggest joining below facebook community run by David Tubb for this catridge. I has all the info you are looking for and much more. I used to shoot 338 LM but found it to be ineffective/inconsistent beyong 1600 yards. For a 300 gr bullet ~1600 was trans sonic zone and things became pretty unpredictable after that. Moreover due to lower impact energies it was very difficult to spot misses. I upgraded to 33xc three months back and am super happy with results. Higher velocities make it super flat and consistent uptill ~2500 yards. In good weather I have had consistent hits at 3000 yards as well. If you intend to shoot beyond a mile and/or light ELR, then 33xc is almost a must have. The only downside will be shorter barrell life (~700-800 rounds). The dies and reamer is pretty cheap and given you dont need much new reloading items, it is a cost effective upgrade.