• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on Magpul PRS Lite?

You all got me wondering what happened with my order from Magpul, ordered on December 16th and other than the "we will email you when it ships" I haven't heard a word...

Reactions: lash
You all got me wondering what happened with my order from Magpul, ordered on December 16th and other than the "we will email you when it ships" I haven't heard a word...

I ordered one 12/27 and it shipped 12/29. 🤷‍♂️

My order processed and was out for delivery super fast, but then I got a notice of a delay in transit from FedEx before Christmas. Then we had a snow storm in WA State and that caused even more delays. It ended up being almost a week from notice of shipping to having it delivered. Not really that long of a time to wait, really, but was about four days later than initially scheduled.

I have a PRS Gen 3 on my AR10. I recently got a PRS Lite for Christmas and I really like it. Set it and forget it. Its a ton lighter than the Gen 3 PRS.
reminds me of the PKM stock a little bit. one gripe I have is the bolt hole to adjust the cheek riser is at a strange angle even with the stock extended all the way. But like I said before "set it and forget it". honestly 9/10 would buy.

With the PRS Lite fully extended, the distance between the edge of the recoil pad to the trigger is 15.75-ish inches on my AR308. Kind of hard to see in the photo, since I'm leaning to take the picture and not directly over the ruler and the stock.View attachment 7773256
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. the Magpul PRS Gen 3 stock L.O.P. on my Ruger Precision Rifle was 15-1/8" at the shortest setting and 16-9/16" at the longest setting when I first installed it. I had to cut 2" off the front of the stock and 1-1/2" off the back of the receiver extension to get it in the usable range for me.

I'll have to look for another option.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. the Magpul PRS Gen 3 stock L.O.P. on my Ruger Precision Rifle was 15-1/8" at the shortest setting and 16-9/16" at the longest setting when I first installed it. I had to cut 2" off the front of the stock and 1-1/2" off the back of the receiver extension to get it in the usable range for me.

I'll have to look for another option.
The ACS-L seems to work perfectly for me on my PA10 with 1.5" scope mount. My eye lines up perfectly so I don't need an adjustable cheek riser and the length of pull can be set as short as I want.

The small storage compartment comes in handy for stashing the allen wrenches that are nice to have access to for making sure things stay tight.

Would anyone measure the LOP with this stock in the shortest configuration. The Seekins 10x stock measures nearly 15”. The PRS Gen3 is 14 3/8”. Manufacturer specs don’t seem to be close. Any help would be appreciated.

Would anyone measure the LOP with this stock in the shortest configuration. The Seekins 10x stock measures nearly 15”. The PRS Gen3 is 14 3/8”. Manufacturer specs don’t seem to be close. Any help would be appreciated.

13-7/8"

Reactions: lash
Thanks. Magpul’s published specs are fairly close then. Guys shoot their bolt guns with relatively short length of pulls but that isn’t an option with a semi auto and a rifle length receiver extension it seems and this stock is probably too long for many mounted on a a5 or carbine length. This stock is about at my max. I may end up going with the UBR. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks. Magpul’s published specs are fairly close then. Guys shoot their bolt guns with relatively short length of pulls but that isn’t an option with a semi auto and a rifle length receiver extension it seems and this stock is probably too long for many mounted on a a5 or carbine length. This stock is about at my max. I may end up going with the UBR. Thanks for the confirmation.

Beware the UBR is noticeably heavier than the PRS lite. I have them side by side now.

Reactions: wade2big
Beware the UBR is noticeably heavier than the PRS lite. I have them side by side now.
The UBR has the receiver extension in it already. Are you taking that into account? I know the UBR Gen2 from what I’ve read were lightened considerably.

The UBR has the receiver extension in it already. Are you taking that into account? I know the UBR Gen2 from what I’ve read were lightened considerably.

I don't know which gen ubr this is, probably a gen 1. Both stocks are mounted on complete lowers. Just saying the difference is very noticeable between the two.

Reactions: wade2big
Magpul PRS lite + Vltor A5 buffer tube + end-plate + castle nut = 1 pound, 8.2 ounces.

Mapul UBR Gen 1 + buffer tube = 1 pound, 10.1 ounces.

magpul_prs_lite_and_ubr_gen_1_002-2229603.jpg

magpul_prs_lite_and_a2_002-2229602.jpg

Reactions: LRRPF52
Man, mine sure feels like more than 2 ounces of difference. Going to have to get them on a scale.

Magpul PRS lite + Vltor A5 buffer tube + end-plate + castle nut = 1 pound, 8.2 ounces.

Mapul UBR Gen 1 + buffer tube = 1 pound, 10.1 ounces.

magpul_prs_lite_and_ubr_gen_1_002-2229603.jpg

magpul_prs_lite_and_a2_002-2229602.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but do you not need an end plate and castle nut when using the UBR?

Excuse my ignorance, but do you not need an end plate and castle nut when using the UBR?

An endplate and castle nut are not used on the UBR gen 1. It has a carbine-length buffer tube that screws onto the lower receiver just like a rifle length buffer tube.

magpul_ubr_gen_1_with_buffer_tube_001-2229726.jpg

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested...
UBR Gen2
weight - 21.2 oz (with receiver extension and storage compartment installed)
LOP - 11.8" collapsed
15.3" extended

In case anyone is interested...
UBR Gen2
weight - 21.2 oz (with receiver extension and storage compartment installed)
LOP - 11.8" collapsed
15.3" extended
Thanks for the specifics. I tried the UBR Gen 2 as well but it was too heavy for me for a "combat rifle", which is weird..as its supposed to be the "ultimate battle rifle" stock.

I went back to back with a magpul CTR stock and remember thinking that the impressive ergonomics of the UBR just cannot make you forget how heavy the thing is..and that was on a 16" rifle with a slim handguard and no optics installed yet.

Thanks for the specifics. I tried the UBR Gen 2 as well but it was too heavy for me for a "combat rifle", which is weird..as its supposed to be the "ultimate battle rifle" stock.

I went back to back with a magpul CTR stock and remember thinking that the impressive ergonomics of the UBR just cannot make you forget how heavy the thing is..and that was on a 16" rifle with a slim handguard and no optics installed yet.
I use the UBR Gen 2 but it's on an 18" barreled PTR91 GI which is a heavy beast already.

took a few pics in case it helps anyone here. One thing to note for KAC owners, sorry if its been covered already. Due to the KAC hardware thickness if you go with the PRS Lite it will leave a gap and expose threads on the buffer tube. The pic (SR15) with no gap is taking the KAC hardware off and throwing on a base plate and mil-spec castle nut.

any questions let me know, hope this helps.

Attachments

• AE7DF925-5FB7-4D18-9975-33E77DC1EA8B.jpeg
    AE7DF925-5FB7-4D18-9975-33E77DC1EA8B.jpeg
    777.3 KB · Views: 974
  • 9999DC6A-C739-4888-B6FD-CC55088D8D85.jpeg
    9999DC6A-C739-4888-B6FD-CC55088D8D85.jpeg
    544.8 KB · Views: 325
  • D874A280-ECD3-4623-A98F-B93C7FA56011.jpeg
    D874A280-ECD3-4623-A98F-B93C7FA56011.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 434
Reactions: craigos
Gotcha. Reason I was asking, KAC sized that castle nut for their proprietary QD end plate (hence the spanner inteface instead of a GI castle nut interface), it works out to the same thickness as a GI nut and plate more or less (~0.535"). If you run that setup, the quick math is to bob a PRS3 or PRS Lite front cap back so its flush, then it will fit the factory KAC setup with their QD plate.

Obviously, there are a lot of different end plates and a few different castle nuts out there and they're different enough you can't comp for them all. The keyway on the receiver extension is what keeps it from rotating, and the cross bolt keeps it from sliding back so mechanically it won't hurt anything to trim up the front if you need to.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Reason I was asking, KAC sized that castle nut for their proprietary QD end plate (hence the spanner inteface instead of a GI castle nut interface), it works out to the same thickness as a GI nut and plate more or less. If you run that setup, the quick math is to bob a PRS3 or PRS Lite front cap back so its flush, then it will fit the factory KAC setup with their QD plate.
that makes sense, this SR came with the QD endplate which is much thicker, almost flush to the castle nut. I have spare prs 3 parts but can’t get them to work with the prs lite. May be messing something up but there is a tab on the front of the lite that doesn’t allow the prs 3 adapter to fit. The prs adapter (3) also seems to attach different and be a little wider than the Lite(L).

Attachments

• CED48C3A-3AC3-41D4-8C8F-14A32FFA702B.jpeg
    CED48C3A-3AC3-41D4-8C8F-14A32FFA702B.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 152
  • B7607691-BD54-47D9-A419-627815987AEE.jpeg
    B7607691-BD54-47D9-A419-627815987AEE.jpeg
    836.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 3C70E648-9774-4EF4-BFC3-CD187F56DF1F.jpeg
    3C70E648-9774-4EF4-BFC3-CD187F56DF1F.jpeg
    757 KB · Views: 142
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Mine had significant wobble in the cheek riser, but apparently tightening the mechanism a little more wasn't the answer. Something popped surprisingly easy and now I guess I'll see if Magpul is willing to fix it up. Seemed pretty nice other than the wobbly cheek riser.

Just to update, Magpul processed my warranty return and sent me a new stock, no fuss, no muss... Didn't even call me a tard for breaking the first one. I got the new one mounted on my 6ARC and out to the long range this past weekend, definitely a lot of stock for the money, I'm sure there will be more in my future.

My cheek piece has some wobble to it also but not too bad, I think it's just inherent in the design where the actual riser connection is in the back so the front has some play. Otherwise, it locks up solid and I'd characterize it as set it and forget it but I'm digging it on my SPR, a great stock for that application.

Reactions: Gtscotty
I'm still waiting on one also. Optics planet says it's supposed to ship sometime in April lol. The FDE version

Last edited:
I picked up a couple from brownells. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much but my first impressions are good.
My only dislike so far is the buttpad. I really got spoiled with the limbsaver pad on an STR I had. And if anyone is wondering, the extended gen3 prs buttpad does not fit the prs lite.

I have thought about getting one. A question to the current owners, can the cheek rest come off and it be used without it or would it leave some type of a gap or hole someplace. I have not seen one up close as of yet.

Thanks.

I have thought about getting one. A question to the current owners, can the cheek rest come off and it be used without it or would it leave some type of a gap or hole someplace. I have not seen one up close as of yet.

Thanks.
Good question. Here’s what it looks like.
4674B08E-673E-4895-BA22-8A167484F4DD.jpeg
I would say it is useable without the cheek piece…unless you have dangling ear rings. 😆

I picked up a couple from brownells. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much but my first impressions are good.
My only dislike so far is the buttpad. I really got spoiled with the limbsaver pad on an STR I had. And if anyone is wondering, the extended gen3 prs buttpad does not fit the prs lite.
Right! It is not a recoil pad…just hard plastic. If anybody finds a real recoil pad that fits, I’ll buy one.

I liked it until I read that you can't install it on a rifle receiver extension.

Could you elaborate or post pics of why the Gen 3 does not fit?
Truthfully, I’m more curious if the Lite recoil pad fits the Gen 3? I was hoping one of the new products’ recoil pads would fit but Magpul hasn’t been helpful in answering that question.

Could you elaborate or post pics of why the Gen 3 does not fit?
Truthfully, I’m more curious if the Lite recoil pad fits the Gen 3? I was hoping one of the new products’ recoil pads would fit but Magpul hasn’t been helpful in answering that question.
You can attach the gen3 pad to the lite stock. But the two are different in size. The lite pad is wider and I believe the height is slightly off as well. I will snap a pic later so you can see what I'm talking about.

You can attach the gen3 pad to the lite stock. But the two are different in size. The lite pad is wider and I believe the height is slightly off as well. I will snap a pic later so you can see what I'm talking about.
Gen3 pad laid on top of the lite pad. The lite pad is wider and a little taller.

Attachments

• 20220203_113015.jpg
    20220203_113015.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220203_113022.jpg
    20220203_113022.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220203_113027.jpg
    20220203_113027.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220203_113242.jpg
    20220203_113242.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 101
Gen3 pad laid on top of the lite pad. The lite pad is wider and a little taller.

Thank you for the pictures, however, I’m fairly certain that is a Gen 2 PRS extended pad.
My Gen 3 PRS is much more similar to the Lite. I just don’t know if it’s similar enough to actually be interchangeable.

The PRS Gen 3 pad and Lite pad are the same footprint, that’s the older PRS pad in the pics.

The PRS Gen 3 pad and Lite pad are the same footprint, that’s the older PRS pad in the pics.
I see. Can anyone point me to the recoil pad for the prs gen 3 please. I cannot find one on their site. The part number of the one I have is MAG350 PRS Extended buttpad.

Thank you! Now I just need to figure out how to get Magpul to sell me one so I don’t have to pay $119 for a recoil pad.

I see. Can anyone point me to the recoil pad for the prs gen 3 please. I cannot find one on their site. The part number of the one I have is MAG350 PRS Extended buttpad.
There currently is not an option to buy them individually. That’s where I’m at in my search for the Lite pad.

Mine came in today. I really like the weight and feel!