• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Its not going to rain tomorrow because I have 2 kids coming to my house to shoot 22's...
So I know you'll be fine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance some of us could get an early start at 9:00 or so? </div></div>

That's an EXCELLENT idea. We could have 6-8 shooters through position 1 (which is a time eater) by the time 10am rolls around.

Have fun tomorrow Wayde.

7 shooters showed up to brave the heat today, we were done by 1:00
Scores were all over the place, but still a great day of shooting.
Scores 9-7-14-7-18-2-12
So if you think its easy to hit a 6X9 target under 600 yards come on out.
See ya at the next one

mscott/goin'hot

If you guys can get enough guys/shooters to show up by 8:30 am and get going by 9:00 a.m then go for it.
I will be out tonight painting/adjusting targets and everything will be ready by morning.
We've tried this a few times before but it never worked because folks complained about having to get up/travel earlier. If I had my way and I never do.....I would start at 8:30 a.m of when the fog lifts.
I am here to serve the TVP shooters...tell me want and you shall receive...lol.
It matters not to me because I'm live here and I'm up at 5:30-6:00 am everyday and it takes me about one minute to get down to the shooting line. So it wouldn't be fair for me to expect a guy who lives 3 hours away to do the same.
Breaking up in squads can work but we have to decide who is going to do what...and when.
Let me know.
740-502-6530 cell

hey Tom, really looking forward to shooting TVP in a couple weeks!

I don't know where the official calendar is, but wanted to make sure this was still the plan for September:

17th - Head Hunter Day & Night
18th - Intimidator

back to loading ammo...

Jim and I plan on being there early, so if anyone wants to get an early start come on out. My thoughts are to start early, but not break up the group. Noone would leave position 1 until 10:15 or everyone has shot. If someone is traveling far there is no need to get there that early. I do understand that. Sound O.K. to you, Tom?

Another great day of shooting on the Intimidator course. Range looked great today, Tom. Nice to meet some shooters from North Carolina as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taliv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't know where the official calendar is, but wanted to make sure this was still the plan for September:

17th - Head Hunter Day & Night
18th - Intimidator

back to loading ammo... </div></div>

taliv

the "Official Calendar" is on page one of this thread and yes those days are still scheduled... See ya then

Tom
just wanted to say thanks.... We need to get serious with these 22's ... steel out to 585yds was kick ass.

We had a lot of fun shooting the Intimidator, it is one of the most challenging bits of shooting I have ever attempted. Many thanks for the hospitality and great meeting you fellas.
Tom, many thanks for all the tips you gave us after the match. Thanks to you my knowledge of the long range game just took a giant leap forward!
Joe

Joe/NC shooters,

It was a pleasure having you guys here at TVP. Hope to see you again soon. Now that you have spot on data your scores WILL go up.
As far as the help I'm more than happy to share the knowledge and I enjoy helping others. If I'm left with only one TM it's that I never hesitated to help someone.

Wayde,

Your 500 plus yard shots this weekend with a .22 LR shooting subsonics proves my theory once again. Not only did you hit..you hit it twice and the missed shots where well within the 18" x 30"frame.
We are headed toward a "new" long range comp and soon it will be a reality.
Several shooters are giving it a serious thought...the NC shooters here this weekend are all for it!

I'm interested in the 22 idea for sure! I think it would be a great way to introduce new shooters on a super slim budget.

I had a great time on Sunday shooting the Intimidator. Just beat the rain. Nice meeting the NC boys. Joe really turned it on for a couple stages. Good shooting Joe.

Looking forward to the next Intimidator and that long range steel getting hung!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a great time on Sunday shooting the Intimidator. Just beat the rain. Nice meeting the NC boys. Joe really turned it on for a couple stages. Good shooting Joe.

Looking forward to the next Intimidator and that long range steel getting hung!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

Yeah now I'm going to have to look at building a 280ai or something to that extent so I can keep playing at longer ranges
frown.gif
...... It has truely become an addiction.

I'm sure the NC boys found out this weekend about the extensive knowledge at TVP. You guys have helped me greatly and as always everyone appreciates Tom's help/advise.

Now I need to find time to get up there a few more times this year before I get in the woods and try to tag my limit this year.

Thanks,
Merritt

This cool air has brought a couple of the big boys out of hiding.
Big bucks I mean.....coats are grey now on a couple. Wont be long now!

Double Head Hunter in Oct is Full I'll start a waiting list if I receive anymore PM's

I have not been able to make it to TVP this year. I am very curious about the ultra long range hits with a 22 lr. How many minutes did you need to come up?

Hey Tom - Just wanted to say thanks for puttin' up with us on Sunday. The "chrono" lesson was priceless as was your assistance in getting me ringing the 1 mile steel. I'm still grinnin' about that. I'm making load and glass changes on my 300 right now. We'll be back and will have our shit together next time. It was good meeting Wayde, Gary, Mike and all the other guys and thanks for the help. I'll be back. Steve Roe

What is the format and the distances for the AR shoot?

AR Shoot (any caliber)
Pos 1) 228,391,561,346
Pos 2) 283,415,366,552
Pos 3) 160,268,499,484

Each shooter has a partner. The team engages four targets each at the same position. The targets are the same for each shooter competing. There are three separate positions on the course. Each target has an assigned point value. -First shot hit 10 points.-Second shot hit 5 points.-Third shot hit 2 points, no fourth shot.

I found the distances for the combo shoot on the schedule, but can you give me an idea of the format, especially when to switch from a little gun to a big gun?

I hope the Saturday combo isn't filled up.

The combo is the same format as above with 3 more positions. the first 2 are "little gun" and half of the 4th. Its not difficult we have people do it all the time, including myself.
See ya Saturday

Thanks!
LOBO151 and I will be there Friday evening.

Breeze,
what about 300WM and 7WSM used in the matches?

LOBO 151

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AR Shoot (any caliber)
Pos 1) 228,391,561,346
Pos 2) 283,415,366,552
Pos 3) 160,268,499,484

Each shooter has a partner. The team engages four targets each at the same position. The targets are the same for each shooter competing. There are three separate positions on the course. Each target has an assigned point value. -First shot hit 10 points.-Second shot hit 5 points.-Third shot hit 2 points, no fourth shot.
</div></div>

time is scored as well correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBO151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Breeze,
what about 300WM and 7WSM used in the matches?

LOBO 151 </div></div>

Is this your "big or little" guns that your partner was talking about?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ring</span>
no there is not a time bonus on the short course which is the course use in the AR shoot

But you do have 8 minutes to shoot the stage

this (300Wm)is my big gun. His is the 7WSM

LOBO 151

I read somewhere, that you did not want 30cal. Mag.
used for short shots.
Just wondering if thet applies for 7WSM.
If so, at what distancefor the 300WM and 7WSM?

LOBO 151

7wsm is fine, we try to keep the 30cal mags out passed 300yds but if that's all you have bring it and we'll figure out the rest even if you have to shoot one of my rifles... See ya Saturday

Thank you!

I will just shoot my .260.
Thanks for the offer though!

See you, this weekend!

LOBO 151

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AR Shoot (any caliber)
Pos 1) 228,391,561,346
Pos 2) 283,415,366,552
Pos 3) 160,268,499,484

</div></div>

Are the distances listed measured strait to target or are those ballistic distances that are already corrected for shooting angle ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zipollini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Are the distances listed measured strait to target or are those ballistic distances that are already corrected for shooting angle ? </div></div>

LRF

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zipollini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">\
Are the distances listed measured strait to target or are those ballistic distances that are already corrected for shooting angle ?</div></div>

no angle is greater then 10^ that i saw there,,,, anything under 10^ has no effect on the distance

Thanks guys. Was just wondering.

Based on past experience, about what time is shooting completed?

It always depends on the # of shooters that show up.... being its the combo lets say between 3 and 5

Got out with tom today for a traning and get know the courses better. Lookign forward to meeting you all as soon as i can get back out there. Got to try the head hunter, and what a blast. Everyone who can try to get out there should as you will learn a lot.

Sorry most already know this, but was excited to get out that far to shoot. never have before. See ya there

Great time today as always at tvp. Almost started raining (got maybe 20 drops) but great weather too. The wind got to me and triceratops3 with the .223s. Learned a lot and met some great guys today.

Thanks for a great day Tom and Wayde. Plan on heading back the first and second of October.

well i'm out of excuses for not showing up for the matches.
neck is doing better and back is doing better, especially when i here and see how much fun you guys are having.
got a new one to shoot now also-here it is.
savage short action, 6.5 creedmoor, 26" e.r. shaw barrel, choate tactical stock.

P9084690.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage338lapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i'm out of excuses for not showing up for the matches. </div></div>

Let us know how you liked the AR shoot that you'll be attending today then
grin.gif

Another good weekend at Thunder Valley and the place looked great, Thanks Tom

Meet some new shooters, that I'm sure we'll see again, and some I hadn't seen for a while. Good to see everyone out enjoying this great sport.

A few pics from the weekend

20powaa.jpg

11lqznp.jpg

2ep5a3k.jpg

This is position 2 of the Head Hunter.... The bush was removed for safety reasons, now you have to shoot off the log.

2zi0q5e.jpg

20az334.jpg

I wondered what was going to replace my favorite bush. haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zipollini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">\
Are the distances listed measured strait to target or are those ballistic distances that are already corrected for shooting angle ?</div></div>

no angle is greater then 10^ that i saw there,,,, anything under 10^ has no effect on the distance </div></div>

Target 2, Position 4, on the Intimidator.....you'll need to compensate just a bit for the angle.

Wayde and Tom...when's the party?? TAM and I would like to try and make it....as long as you haven't had it yet. I leave October 18, hopefully I can make it down again!

I had a fantastic time again on Saturday for the Combo shoot. It was a great learning experience. I hit some targets that I thought I wouldn't be able to, but also didn't hit some targets that I thought I should have. I can't wait to go back and try again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DedicatedShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wayde and Tom...when's the party?? TAM and I would like to try and make it....as long as you haven't had it yet. I leave October 18, hopefully I can make it down again! </div></div>

I was wondering about the party too. Maybe we could talk Tom into having the party in Kentucky. I was thinking near Rockcastle Resort. Maybe at this place called Appleby's. I hear they just got the rest of the food we ordered in. The Guiness truck just made the delivery too. The manager was real sorry too. So very sorry. We could then shift the party back to the resort,pay for some ice,and drink beer on patio (since we were not allowed to have a full beer in the glass if the guy sitting next had one too,at Appleby's). The whole time listening to the sweet sounds coming from the Cadillac Escalade parked in front of us.

Sounds like fun...Better yet,Thunder Valley would be alot better.

van