• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

I wish I could buy but I live in new york for the mean time. Wanted to be able to shoot one of your night shoots.

Not going to be able to make it out March 5th or 6th. My wife has a family member in the hospital, so we'll be head down to Maryland instead. I hope to be able to come out for a week-end in April.....

Hugo

..hope to have my newest addition ready for springtime...

...take (1) stock DPMS LR-204

ADD

(1) Magpul PRS Stock in FDE
(1) Magpul PMAG 20 Round in FDE
(1) Ergo Deluxe Grip in FDE
(1) Harrris BR Bipod with Tilt Adjust
(1) Jard #1.75 Trigger
(1) JP Enterprises Receiver Pin
(1) Badger Ordinance Tactical Bolt Latch
(1) Yankee Hill Machine Extended Picatinny Rail
(1) Set of Burris Tactical 6 Rings

I sent my 8 year old Burris Fullfield II 4.5 - 14 to Burris to get the TAC-2 Turrets installed...should see it next week..

AND

(1) Homemade Video Mount + Sanyo HD Video Camera

..COST = Who Cares!!

..RESULT = still haven't shot her...maybe this weekend load development starts!!

dpmsa1.jpg

dpmsa2.jpg

dpmsa3.jpg

dpmsa4.jpg

dpmsa5.jpg

dpmsa6.jpg

Very nice rifle and camera mount. Pretty ingenious.

Now all you need is to drop it off and have us thread the end of the barrel for a brake and suppressor. The hissss..of the suppressor would sound very cool as your watching your vids..not to mention you would hear the bullet hit the steel.

Tom, what else do you do besides threading the ends of barrels?

How's the zero shift from mounting the camera on the gas block like that?

Looks like a nifty idea for zapping predators, the 204 is a lot of fun to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now all you need is to drop it off and have us thread the end of the barrel for a brake and suppressor. The hissss..of the suppressor would sound very cool as your watching your vids..not to mention you would hear the bullet hit the steel.
</div></div>

..hiiiisss...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wiley-e...coyote...........I like that.....</div></div>

...copy that Tom.....after this big project completes = BONUS TIME...

...then we will talk...thinking of one suppressor for both the 6.5x61Super and the LR-204.

....THE SHARK!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How's the zero shift from mounting the camera on the gas block like that?

Looks like a nifty idea for zapping predators, the 204 is a lot of fun to shoot.
</div></div>

..can't answer to the accuracy concerns..haven't shot it as of yet.....I also considered the scope rings with the upper halves having picatinny slots..

..as for the "recoil"....I do know that the Remongton XR-100 I had in 204 Ruger had minimal recoil....hits were easily discernable in the scope's field of view.....

..you got it!

..ran some numebrs on my Droid X Shooter App.....

...looks like the 35 gr. Berger @ 3,900fps is a FAR CRY from my 139 gr. Lapua Scenar @ 3,050fps!!

" ONLY MEN who have and can shoot a PERFECT"

Can I play too?

Marcy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Can I play too?

Marcy </div></div>

Of course you can
smile.gif

Ha ha, saw that question coming. I'm sure you're welcome. Don't drink too much snappy cow waiting to get on the line, though:

2011-01-14-Snappy%20Cow.jpg

That's why I changed the Fathers day post to include daughter.
grin.gif

Marcy,

Everyone will be welcome to shoot and train on the courses TVP provides. From the novice to the pro so long as they are safe and legal to own firearm and are of sound mind.

Sounds like a great setup and a lot of fun im in for sure i got to get me a head hunter shirt and trophy!

Anyone shooting with my partner and me?

Mike is going to play this weekend
wink.gif

I am planning on making the trip on the 5th, but am unable to find a partner to come with me. I'll be bringing an AR platform in .308 if anyone with a bolt gun is looking for a partner. I am relatively new to long range shooting, so I can't promise decent scores, but am eager and willing to learn.

See you guys in the am. How much snow is down there? I am sick of seeing it, after spend 14 hours in a truck today pushing it around. I need to do some shooting..

afd77,

No need to worry about either. We will find you a partner. As for scores just do your best and that's all you can do. Just have fun with it and train. Scores will improve over time along with your skill level. Hope to see you soon.

Snow report..about 3" or so and some ice. Some possible driving but we will see.

Great day at the range. Very little wind, and we even had some sun.

smile.gif
Another great day at TVP... lots of new shooters again (great to see)
The 260's and the Hulk's were on fire

Wayde,

Tom Myers in Cincinnati. Question for you re: posted distances. I see on your posted distances on the schedule on page #1 of this thread that the distances vary some from the distances that I have recorded zeroes for.

Ex. Like position and target #1. 160yds vs. the 170 I have recorded. I know this doesn't make much difference at that range but the longer ones of course could. I looked up another and edited this post. Position #3 target #1, 563yds vs. 550.

Have the distances changed some or I am I good to go with the recorded zeroes I have from last fall?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wayde,

Tom Myers in Cincinnati. Question for you re: posted distances. I see on your posted distances on the schedule on page #1 of this thread that the distances vary some from the distances that I have recorded zeroes for.

Ex. Like position and target #1. 160yds vs. the 170 I have recorded. I know this doesn't make much difference at that range but the longer ones of course could. I looked up another and edited this post. Position #3 target #1, 563yds vs. 550.

Have the distances changed some or I am I good to go with the recorded zeroes I have from last fall?

Thanks

</div></div>

Tom spent a day and lasered all the targets from a stake set in each firing point with an uber expensive Vectronix LRF. The distances Wayde posted are the result of that. Given the method used, I'd venture to say the "new" distances are about as close to perfect as we can get.

Regarding can I play too.

In fact I went and played yesterday at the match. I had a good time, but felt more than a little bit humbled at some of the people's skill.

It was a great learning experience for someone who never took a shot beyond 300 yards. I found a large weakness with my rifle which would not allow enough elevation adjustment to zero at the 900+ yard targets, let alone the 1100 yard one on the intimidater. Tom is fixing that for me and I think I will try it again.

I would like to thank everyone there for their patience while I tried to absorb all the new info.

Marcy

Good to know, thanks. My zeros should still be good then if the targets haven't been moved. Interesting to see now how these distances work with my ballistic calculator again.

I'll have to go through the exercise again.

Hello Tom,

The distances have not changed from the original settings as in where the targets are placed. Over time distances have been said to be this and that and they stuck. But your dope that you sent all the time on last year does not change because the targets have not moved. This time, once again we have set the distance in stone to THE YARD so anyone who says they are different please don't listen to them just because they are shooting it with THEIR laser. Lots of great care and precision measuring was done and the posted target distances are EXACT.
Hope to see you soon.

Tom
TVP

Marcy,

It was great having you here at TVP to shoot with us. As I explained, everyone starts somewhere and if you stick with it by this time next year you will be helping others learn the same things your going to learn from now till then. A few months of training here with us makes a huge difference in your learning curve.
And I must say, I was very impressed to watch you roll around in the snow us guys. Just goes to show your eagerness to learn and your desire. Not many men want to lay in the snow and shoot this time of the year..lol. We ALL were impressed with the way you handled yourself and your .308 LMT. This is just the start of your journey into the realm of long range precision shooting. We all here at TVP welome new shooters, young, old, and the women who want to "come out and play" with us. I wish we had more like you. I've seen grown men shy away because they are "new" and don't want to be the new guy. You are a great example for the woman folk out there. Hope you can help recruit some more.
I will have your LMT all ready to go with your new NightForce by the weekend. Look out Karl...lol.

If I wanted to come out one day this week to shoot a bit, is there a day that the range is open?

I want to come out and shoot this coming weekend, but wanted to see what its like at the longer ranges.

Sean

Sean... give Tom a call or Text # is in his signature

I got in contact with him. I am going to run up and test/sight in my rifle, then stay in the area for Friday night and shoot Saturday. At least that is my current plan.....

Looks like Im in for Sat. Just one question - Do I have to wear pants.
smile.gif
It will be good seeing everyone again.

Thanks Tom,

Was thinking about this Sat. weather permitting. I've been following the threads but have not shot much of anything this winter. Hope to see you soon.

What’s the most common hotel folks are using in the area and a number if handy; I’ll need to book a room for my son and I here real soon.

Thanks

oneshot.onehit

Check Cambridge for rooms. Decent size town with the usual chain eateries.

Thanks chooter,

I pulled up Cambridge after I posted, there’s plenty of options in town. How many minutes or miles is Cambridge from the range?

Here is the only pic I have from Saturday since my phone went dead

10mtuo6.jpg

There is a Hampton inn on 36. It's really close to the range.

Thanks for the info folks

I googled the address 15786 TR 118, and located TVP as well as the hotels in the area.

Nice Pic Breeze

Oneshot,

Newcomerstown, Coshocton or Cambridge all have nice hotels. All are about the same distance from TVP. Cambridge has the best food and lots of hotels by the food..lol.
Please call me if you need more details.

Please use the GPS coordinance on our website instead of the address. It works much better. Our address/route doesn't always show up on a lot of GPS unit.
Looking forward to seeing you.

Thanks Tom

Looking forward to the trip

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot.onehit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks chooter,

I pulled up Cambridge after I posted, there’s plenty of options in town. How many minutes or miles is Cambridge from the range?
</div></div>
30 minute drive from Cambridge give or take.