• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Me and a friend were planning on coming out to the intimidator on the fifth of june. I was wondering what a rough round count would be, and if there was still space for us?

Thanks
Rusty

51 rounds if you take 3 shots (maximum) at each target. You can stay after the match and shoot so, bring extras.

Last minute change
Sunday the 29th will be a Head Hunter Match preregister by sending me a pm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shiples1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of you AR guys going down for the June 4th AR/Bolt combo??? </div></div>

I'll be there.

Wish i could. I so want to get up there and play and shoot the courses.

For all the shooters up there we have the data collection pages for you to keep track of your data score and progress.

They are in stock and ready for you!!

Happy shooting

<span style="font-weight: bold">Intimidator Course</span>
SSS-TVP-2.jpg

SSS-TVP-3.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Head Hunter</span>

SSS-TVP-HH-2.jpg

SSS-TVP-HH-3.jpg

d##n D##n got till the 16th and i go back to the nurosurgeon for my final check-up and then i can start shooting again. you guys are killing me. hope to make the match that next weekend.
i'll be rusty but i'll have fun.
terry

I'm planning on it.

Are you guys open for general range time on days w/o competitions? I'm heading back home to Ohio in early July and wanted to stop by and shoot. I'll be in town (Columbus) beginning the weekend of July 9th.

Anybody heard anything on the Shark raffle? I bought my ticket back in Jan and haven't heard anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you guys open for general range time on days w/o competitions? I'm heading back home to Ohio in early July and wanted to stop by and shoot. I'll be in town (Columbus) beginning the weekend of July 9th. </div></div>

Yes you will just need to call Tom(740-502-6530) and make sure he is not training people on the day you want to come out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody heard anything on the Shark raffle? I bought my ticket back in Jan and haven't heard anything. </div></div>

Last I heard there was not enough tickets sold yet

I will count the remaining tickets left necessary to raffle the suppressor off for "COST".
I will have an update this weekend.
We did this with the intention of someone walking away with a great prize for little cost and to show customer appreciation.
Obviously it has taken some time to accomplish this and some folks can't understand why. Well, neither can we. We have asked countless people if they want a chance at a $1650.00 suppressor for $20.00..most of the time we get a blank stare and then a no.
As I said, I will count up the remaining tickets and post the numbers this weekend. If we are close we will go ahead and give it away on a scheduled date. No need to be present to win.

Thanks

I'll try to remember to get a ticket Sunday; I'd forgotten all about it.

I'm in for a ticket on the 4th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will count the remaining tickets left necessary to raffle the suppressor off for "COST".
I will have an update this weekend.
We did this with the intention of someone walking away with a great prize for little cost and to show customer appreciation.
Obviously it has taken some time to accomplish this and some folks can't understand why. Well, neither can we. We have asked countless people if they want a chance at a $1650.00 suppressor for $20.00..most of the time we get a blank stare and then a no.
As I said, I will count up the remaining tickets and post the numbers this weekend. If we are close we will go ahead and give it away on a scheduled date. No need to be present to win.

Thanks </div></div>
Awesome, thank you.

Had a great time at the AR/bolt shoot today. A big thanks to Tom, Wade, and Nick for all the help.

Nick and I had time afterwards to shoot the headhunter for fun. That was a blast.

I was there for the last newbie shoot! looking foreward to going back.... I need to find a good partner with a good bolt gun!

whats the scoop on the AR Bolt Combo? I shot the intimidator it was pretty cool.

I will enjoy it even more when I get more comfortable and shoot the course more.

Big thanks to Tom and Wayde for another great shoot today! The AR/Bolt Gun combo was a great idea and made for some interesting shooting, especially for you .223 guys and your 1000yd rigs...most impressive. We hit the short course and the long (Intimidator) course today and certainly learned a lot and got a ton of really good data. Each teammate had 3 shots to score a hit with 10pts earned on the first, 5pts on the second, and 2pts on the third. It wasn't a competition or a match, but a fun shoot, we all had a great time and there was certainly no pressure whatsoever. We were all there for the experience and we certainly got a great one.

For you newer shooters or those unsure about how "good" they would do if they went to TVP, I can tell you that it really doesn't matter because doing "good" is not the objective of TVP's shoots, the objective is to provide a quality training experience that will surpass anything you could ever get from shooting at your local range alone...no matter how many thousands of rounds you've shot there. The TVP staff as well as the regular shooters are extremely eager to share their knowledge and experience and they absolutely love taking a new shooter under their wing and improve their level of shooting in every way possible.

I have learned more in the past 2 months with my 6 trips to TVP than in all of my previous 1.5 years of long range precision rifle shooting. Take Big97redtj for example, he has been shooting long range rifle for 3 months, literally, and he is already shooting close to the same level as myself. The reason is that he has shot at TVP 4 times in the past 6 weeks, including the team sniper match that we shot in. He is literally a poster child for the high quality of training that's available at TVP. (Sorry to put you on the spot Matt but you deserve it after your awesome performance today haha)

For those of you who decided not to come down for the shoot today and for those of you who have never came to TVP for a shoot, let me give you a run down of my day today:

0900: Arrive at range
0930-1000: Confirmed 100yd zero
1000-1430: AR/Bolt gun team shoot
(28 targets at:170,280,500,475,225,390,560,350,550,950,1165,925,280,420,365,550,550,892,674,800,276,365,585,1048,570,505,703,570)
1430-1445: Ate my lunch
1445-1530: Shot the 200-1200 range and some clay birds at 600 and 1000
1530-1900: Hopped in my truck with Matt and shot the entire Headhunter course. We took our time and got some really good dope for the Headhunter shoots in the future (4 positions, 5 targets at each, ranging from 329-600yds)
1900: Drove home

I shot a total of 150 rounds at 60 different targets ranging from 100yds to 1200yds while shooting from 11 different positions facing either N, S, E, or W. Aside from the sniper match course, I was able to shoot every available target at the entire facility today and it cost me 3/4 of a tank of gas, powder, bullets, and primers plus a $20 range fee ($30 if you're not a member).

I apologize for such a long rant but I haven't given a shout to the TVP guys yet so there's been a lot that I've wanted to say. In my opinion there is nowhere else that you can get such high quality training that's so accessible and so affordable. If you haven't been to TVP, you need to plan a trip because I know that you won't regret it. Thanks again to everyone at TVP, I can't wait to come back!

- Nick

PS- I still have that flag Andy, let me know if you need it

Great time shooting today. Conditions were near perfect, other than mirage, so I have no excuse for my poor performance.

Tom did a EXCELLENT job prepping all the shooting stations for us. The course looked great.

Thanks again Tom.

Another great day at TVP. Just cant beat this place.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We do our best to provide you with a premier place to shoot your rifles and test your gear.
We are currently working to expand our sniper training course which will ultimately be called the "The Gauntlet". We are about half way there and some of you got a taste of what it's all about during our recent Sniper Team Match. We will keep you posted on the progress.

Also, we will continue our Wednesday at 5pm shoots again starting this week June 8th.
We will shoot the Intimidator or short course and or combo. Several choices.

Now comes the TVP Suppressor Raffle.

We sold some more tickets over the weekend and one of our shooters counted up the tickets to see where we stand.
We need to sell 10 (ten) more tickets by next weekend before we can give it away. Tickets are $20 each. That gives you a 1 in 66 chance of winning. We will draw the winning ticket at Noon on Saturday June 11th 2011. This will give you guys who are still undecided a chance to participate. Good luck!

Tom- thanks for a great shoot Saturday. Great group of guys at TVP.
Nick- no worries on the flag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the kind words guys. We do our best to provide you with a premier place to shoot your rifles and test your gear.
We are currently working to expand our sniper training course which will ultimately be called the "The Gauntlet". We are about half way there and some of you got a taste of what it's all about during our recent Sniper Team Match. We will keep you posted on the progress.

Also, we will continue our Wednesday at 5pm shoots again starting this week June 8th.
We will shoot the Intimidator or short course and or combo. Several choices.

Now comes the TVP Suppressor Raffle.

We sold some more tickets over the weekend and one of our shooters counted up the tickets to see where we stand.
We need to sell 10 (ten) more tickets by next weekend before we can give it away. Tickets are $20 each. That gives you a 1 in 66 chance of winning. We will draw the winning ticket at Noon on Saturday June 11th 2011. This will give you guys who are still undecided a chance to participate. Good luck!
</div></div>

Are you still having the Newbie shoot on June 18? If so do you have room for 3 maybe 4 more?

Yes we do. I will have an update by this Sunday eve. and be in contact with you and the others.
Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Well the rain went around TVP again what a great day. I thought the Head Hunter was fun during the day, the night shoot was outstanding. Will not miss those on the schedule.
Yes the winning raffle was picked and if you didn't hear anything.... well thanks for buying a ticket. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">The winner of the Shark Suppressor is Shea R </span> </span>

We will be having a "newbie" range day here at Thunder Valley Precision June 18th at 8:30 am till dark 30,try to be early. The class will offer an introduction to short and long range precision shooting. We will start with a safety meeting then go over your equipment. Then check zeros and chronograph for accurate velocity, if needed, then make drop charts.
Then proceed to the "Intimidator". Here you will learn how to effectively adjust for elevation and windage to more accurately engage targets at great distance. We will accept 20 shooters for this class, 10 two-man teams(individuals will be paired). PRE-REGISTRAION ONLY. Registration begins now.

For more info please e-mail me at [email protected]
[email protected]
PM Tom Sarver
or cell contact 740-502-6530

The Cost is $40.00

Thanks,
TVP

And don't forget
19th - Fathers Day / Open Range (Father & son or daughter together shoot half price)

I only live about 1.5 hours away from TVP...I reallyt should make it out there at least once..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only live about 1.5 hours away from TVP...I really should make it out there at least once.. </div></div>

That would be 45 minutes off my drive and I'm there almost ever weekend.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only live about 1.5 hours away from TVP...I reallyt should make it out there at least once..</div></div>

You won't regret it!

I"m in with on more but I already spoke to Tom on the phone. Any idea about how many rounds I should bring.

100 rounds should be good but depending on the day you <span style="text-decoration: underline">might</span> have the time to shoot more.

Thanks for the quick response I'll make sure to bring 100+ for both of us.

Call me folks if you need info. I'm behind on e-mails I know and I will be in contact with everyone by Monday night.

Thanks

hey Tom, I called and forgot to leave my phone number, send me a pm when you get the chance. I want to come up saturday.

Your in,

Thanks!

We have about 6 slots open still if anyone else is interested.

Dang, I wish I could...I need to get down there one of these days but alas I have a wedding on the 18th and the reception is a Camp Perry! So, maybe that half counts as shooting haha...

Good luck to every one and hope the rain holds out for us all.

I think Im going to try and get out on Fathers day. Anyone else planning on going?

I am coming...w/ my boys & bringing everything but the wife and the kitchen sink!!!!

Really had to debate whether to come out with my son or go to a local car show. Want to lob some towards that mile target pretty darn bad and hope for a lucky hit.

Local show for a benefit and some great BBQ chicken/ribs so that mile target is safe for a while longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW7iXZdW2V4

Hope you all have good weather, not looking too good for either event but we can all hope.

Topstrap

Not too bad at all. We quit halfway through position 3 when the lightning started flashing. We got some good dope (rifle, not the green leafy kind), some good information, and met some good people. Worth the drive everytime.
the 700 and 1k targets kept moving out of the way of my bullets...I really have to get better at reading wind. lol

Thanks Tom and all others for today's shoot. Even though the weather cut today short there was good information and good people to hang with. I look forward to shooting you all again if you'll have me...

Thanks everyone for putting up with me today!

Tom, thanks for hosting such a great shoot. Wade and Shea, thanks for the help too.

I had an outstanding time yesterday. Was a humbled a bit and learned a lot. Wish the weather would have cooperated a little more. Was well worth the 4.5 hour drive.

Wanted to make it today but they guys I were coming with ditched. I ended up spending the day reloading and getting things in order in case I get this house ive been trying for.