• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

As will I. Its been a few weeks sense i have been able to make it out there.

I am interested in DHH slots for sunday as well. I will be there if there is a spot for me!

Tom, I sure hate missing the shoots this weekend, but my buddy has to go to a wedding Saturday, and his fiance would be really pi$$ed if he was in Ohio shooting.
laugh.gif

For starters the DHH is Saturday, Intimidator is Sunday so come on out Sunday. No, there are no spots for the DHH sorry. After hunting season slows down we'll see about trying to do another one.
Thanks for your Interest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom, I sure hate missing the shoots this weekend, but my buddy has to go to a wedding Saturday, and his fiance would be really pi$$ed if he was in Ohio shooting.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Tell Mark I said Good Luck... I mean Congrats
wink.gif

See you all soon

Thanks for the correction breeze! I will be down on Sunday for the intimidator as long as the weather is decent!

Hey Tom/Wayde...

I know y'all will be doing some hunting and all... Mind updating the schedule when you get the chance?

Turbo54

That's just it... It is Hunting Season so there is no schedule. We will be shooting through the winter but it will be hit and miss. We will try to give as much notice as possible, the "schedule" will start around April.
Look for new threads with the match date as we go through the winter months.

Thanks Everyone for a good shooting season, hope to see you all again

Got it, Wayde. Thanks for the reply. PSmith and I definitely need to get out once or twice in (hopefully) November/December for training. We'll keep our eyes out!

See ya soon!

After Action Report for Saturday's Head Hunter double match.

Good Weather and great company made for another absolutely fun day at TVP.

Here are some videos. Sorry for quality but I was doing my best on limited battery life, bright sunlight and no adapter.

Jim B. shows how to get surgical with his rifle going 5 for 5 hits for a perfect stage#2 score on the Head Hunter. Filmed 22 October 2011. Nice stage Jim!
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/Q8WHy3t1B9Q

Wayde flys through Stage 3 of the Head Hunter, once again! He shoots so quickly I cant make adjustments to the spotter in time to film some of the shots/hits, sorry for poor filming but cmon slow down Wayde lol. Anyway afterward I noticed as I adjusted the spotter and hung camera down, you do get to enjoy some random shots of Karl keeping score.
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/1oZWkR8Rc3M

Eric Shafer with a nice 4/5 on stage #2
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider?feature=mhee#p/u/13/K70EHw_j6Ps

Jims 2nd shots/round on stage #4
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider?feature=mhee#p/u/12/fXuuByQACI0

Wayde Bainter stage#4
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider?feature=mhee#p/u/12/mOJNZ_BI3jQ

Margaret stage #4
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider?feature=mhee#p/u/12/bKiLZvg4TpY

Good shooting with you all hope to see you all at next Head Hunter

Sorry Steve next time let me know the camera is running and I'll try to slow down...lol

Great time as always

All videos I have are now posted above in my last post.... Thanks again

What is going on this weekend at TVP?

I dont think there is anything happening.I believe everyones going to Rayner's this weekend for the sniper challange

Hey Tom, Wayde and the rest of the TVP gang,

how's it hanging back at TVP? I'm finally down in Quantico doing the Marine Corps thing...waiting for qualification week to start on Monday so I can show these people a thing or two! 200, 300, and 500 yard lines with the ACOG and moderate winds shouldn't be an issue after some of the days we had this spring/summer! I'm going to try and make it down some time during the spring but my schedule is freaking' intense so hopefully I can find the time, but if not, don't forget about me haha. I just wanted to say hey and see what was up, I'll talk to you guys later tho. TAM gives her best as well!

Tom, let me know when you'll be in the Quantico area next, Im only 2 miles from Weapons Bn and I'm pretty sure I still owe you a lunch.

Hey brother we were just talking about you...hope all is well with you and TAM. We are starting to plan a winter shoot dubbed the "Winter Warrior" match here at TVP.
I hope to be down that way in late January to visit some folks and I will for sure be seeing you. Take care friend and don't be a stranger.

Scott
As of now there are no dates for the next match. Tom has his eye on a "BIG" buck. As for the rest of TVP business it continues, so remember shooters give Tom a call for all your shooting needs

Shooters,

We are working on a shoot date for December. We will post the dates this Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks!

Tom, With you planning on a possible date for Dec, sounds like you are pretty positive you will have the buck taken care of by then? Good luck and looking forward to the pics. Ive been itching to get back out there for a while but this new house has been keeping me super busy.

Of course I am loving my new "backyard"
IMG_20111119_162400.jpg

Sounds good.
Sign me up!

It was a pleasure meeting you today Tom, you run a first class operation. Tom let us demo anything we would like. His sales system works because he got a chunk of money from us.

I will be in touch. I believe I will go with the AICS.
Thanks again
Wes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters,

We are working on a shoot date for December. We will post the dates this Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks! </div></div>

Looking forward to this.

I am coming ... Have some cool new things to bring up and share!! Going to bring that Grill plus I did the head hunter skull logo in steel!! looks totally cool!

Okay Everyone, since you want to get out of the house and shoot Tom has decided to let you.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Dec.10th...Intimidator...Start Time 9:00am </span>

Be there early to sign up
And as always Membership $50
Members Match Fees $20.00
Non Members Fees $30.00

How is this mat h structured, steel, paper,or combination. Is it shot from a static position and round count. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pockets9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is this mat h structured, steel, paper,or combination. Is it shot from a static position and round count. Thanks </div></div>
It consists of 16 steel 12x12 targets shot from 275 out to 1165 yards or so with a 1650 yard bonus target. Max round count could be 51 rounds. Target distance is known and points go 10 points for 1st round hit, 5 pts for second round, and 2 pts for 3rd round hit. You will shoot as a team of 2 shooters. You can also hang out and shoot until dark, so bring extra ammo or even another rifle if you wish.

Hey guys! I am new to long range shooting, and shooting in general with about 1 years experience.I did take tom's course. I plan on attending this weekends comp. Would anybody be willing to help out a newbie? Kinda show me the ropes. Thanks guys, O an by the way the name is Steve.

New shooters are always welcome at TVP, Steve. Everybody has a first day at this stuff and TV is as good of a place as any to start. It's a friendly, knowledgeable group that will get you going in the right direction. You should bring plenty of ammo since after the match you can shoot at other targets if you have time. I'd bring 100 rounds or so even though you'll only need 50 for the match. Bring a notebook or log book of some sort for taking notes, water, lunch, etc.

If my USO shows up this week like its been promised ill be there. But I will probably being zeroing as soon as I show up. Gotta love having to FY to NYC for work..... Grrrrr

Hope to see you all there.

Good luck,
Merritt

Ill be there and I believe Eric will be too.

Post it if your coming... trying to get an idea of how many are going to show up Saturday

Remember start time is 9:00AM Be there before to register

Me, Mike and Zac are planning on being there. Sounds like a record breaking crowd is going to show up.

And judging by what mother nature is doing today and tomorrow, I'm guessing everyone should be planning on walking...

Would I be correct on this Tom?

Dave
No we will not be walking, we will use a few vehicles and proceed with caution. Tom will lead the wagon train through the taller grass.

I will confirm tomorrow as my scope is due to ship tomorrow. But for now count me in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post it if your coming... trying to get an idea of how many are going to show up Saturday
</div></div>

Wayde, if Mark can get loose for the weekend, both of us will be there.

TVP shooters,

We have our new TVP data books available produced by Impact with all the data you will ever need to shoot and train on the Intimidator, Head Hunter and combo courses. All the EXACT distances etc. are in the book. RNR or regular paper available with TVP logo and Head Hunter logo embroidered on the front and back covers.
We have about 40 left.

Sounds good. If everything goes right I may just see ya all there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TVP shooters,

We have our new TVP data books available produced by Impact with all the data you will ever need to shoot and train on the Intimidator, Head Hunter and combo courses. All the EXACT distances etc. are in the book. RNR or regular paper available with TVP logo and Head Hunter logo embroidered on the front and back covers.
We have about 40 left. </div></div>
hey tom, how much for the books? can you get just the data sheets without the cover?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TVP shooters,
We have our new TVP data books available produced by Impact with all the data you will ever need to shoot and train on the Intimidator, Head Hunter and combo courses. </div></div>

Tom,
I hope you've got my name on one of those books!

Looks like you'll see my ugly mug on Sat. Optic is in the mail and scheduled to be at the house on Thurs. I may need a couple zero'n shot before hand. With start time being at 9 what time is the range going cold sat?

I may be bringing another shooter with me but I won't be able to confirm that until tomorrow.

Thank you,
Merritt