• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Merrit,

Get here early and I'll make sure your set and ready to go.
I'll have my handy scope mounting tools ready to go and we will get it zeroed.

fw707.. got one set aside for you.

Chickeneye..lol.. hey bro where you been? Books are $74.50 paper and cover which should be here by the weekend. As for just data sheets we can get you what you need. Once you see how data books are made up you will have a better understanding of how we designed them for our TVP shooters. Hope to see you this weekend.

Looks like I better get busy mounting my new scope. Last time I went to TVP, only time actually, I struggled to see the steel at 1000 with a fixed 10X. Decided to go with a 5-20x50. Hopefully that will help.

Tom,
please put my name on one of those books too. I will see you this weekend,
Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BRRRRRR! Just looked at the weather for Saturday. High of 33. Better bundle up guys. </div></div>

Good practice for Mammoth!

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Tom: Psmith and I will be there around 2:00(ish) Friday afternoon. Wayde said we'd be able to verify zeroes and dope, but to give you a ring when we arrive to get the all clear. See ya soon.

Wish I could be there but it just isn't going to happen. I just recently finished up developing a great load for the '06 using 190SMK and confirmed all dope, so I will be ready in the spring.Hope to see ya'll then!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BRRRRRR! Just looked at the weather for Saturday. High of 33. Better bundle up guys. </div></div>

Cold is bad, but sunny is good!!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USOH0226

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BRRRRRR! Just looked at the weather for Saturday. High of 33. Better bundle up guys. </div></div>

Cold is bad, but sunny is good!!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USOH0226 </div></div>

Sunny if definitely good but sunny all day with 0% chance of precipitation is outstanding!!!!

I wanted to get out to TVP and take a class this fall but all the darn rain did not make it possible.

I guess that should probably read "I wanted to get out to TVP and take a class this fall but because I am a wuss, I did not want to do the class in the rain"

I hope to make it there this weekend if I can skip work for a day.

Van

going to be cold
is the ground ok to drive.

Tom, did the covers come in for the log books?

I start a new job on the third and will get weekends off, So I plan on making it out once a month or so. I really cant wait. I need to get confirmed zero's for this win mag. I'm really excited I moved here from Arizona and I don't have any shooting buddies anymore.

Yes data book covers came in yesterday.

Droid,
Let us know what we can do to help you out. I have several classes scheduled if you want to jump in on one.
As for shooting buddies you wont find a shortage of them here. I can think of several folks who have meet here at TVP in the last few years that have became very good friends as well as shooting buddies to boot. It's hard to find a guy who shares the same passions that we ourselves have but somehow we tend to gather here and find one another.

Well Happy Birthday there, young feller!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes data book covers came in yesterday.

Droid,
Let us know what we can do to help you out. I have several classes scheduled if you want to jump in on one.
As for shooting buddies you wont find a shortage of them here. I can think of several folks who have meet here at TVP in the last few years that have became very good friends as well as shooting buddies to boot. It's hard to find a guy who shares the same passions that we ourselves have but somehow we tend to gather here and find one another.
</div></div>

Thanks Tom and Happy Birthday! I was just down stairs loading up some ammo for the win mag. Any ideas on pricing for classes and such? I think I have spoken to you on the phone a while back. Are you planning on having a newbie shoot again this summer? By the way that's one heck of a small group at 1k!

Happy Birthday Tom.

We won't be able to make it this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time.

Thanks TVP shooters,

Make sure you dress warm and bring some hand warmers just in case. Also something to eat and drink as well to tide you over.

Drive safe and see you all tomorrow!

I will be down range from the crack of dawn till I'm done painting targets around 7:30-7:45 a.m.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I start a new job on the third and will get weekends off, So I plan on making it out once a month or so. I really cant wait. I need to get confirmed zero's for this win mag. I'm really excited I moved here from Arizona and I don't have any shooting buddies anymore. </div></div>
Droid,
I will be there tomorrow and Live in Sunbury, off rt 61, not far from you. If you need a car pool or shooting friend, I am not to far. My partner lives in Pittsburgh and we meet at TVP all the time. Great group, all the way around.

i just got my new stock in the mail today and would love to come, but no time..

ordered from member KYS338 AT 1 HELL OF A GOOD PRICE!

Good luck fellas. Wish I could be there for this one. Unfortunately the rifle isnt ready as I'm switching calibers and I got some stuff to do with the wife and kids. Looking forward to hearing the results. Stay warm!

My daughter is still sick this morning, so I'm out. Hope to catch the next fun day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I start a new job on the third and will get weekends off, So I plan on making it out once a month or so. I really cant wait. I need to get confirmed zero's for this win mag. I'm really excited I moved here from Arizona and I don't have any shooting buddies anymore. </div></div>
Droid,
I will be there tomorrow and Live in Sunbury, off rt 61, not far from you. If you need a car pool or shooting friend, I am not to far. My partner lives in Pittsburgh and we meet at TVP all the time. Great group, all the way around.
</div></div>
Cool, I will keep everyone up to date. Prolly wont be able to make it out till after the first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My daughter is still sick this morning, so I'm out. Hope to catch the next fun day. </div></div>

Seems like it always works that way... Hopefully my rifle will be done in 12ish weeks and I am ready for spring. This waiting game sucks!

Hi Tom
Alan from Wadsworth, will be getting income tax in February and wondering about what turnaround would be for that 264 if you had the $$ for the materials to start mid February?

Great day again at TVP very COLD!! But fun day. Got to meet some new shooters at TVP. welcome and good meeting you all.
Videos from today will post as soon as I get them uploaded but first I have to get a hot shower to warm up a bit. Brrrr

Gentlemen and a Lady,

As always great to shoot with you. I had alot of fun and got to meet a whole boat load of new faces. This is by far the most crowded match I've ever got to shoot at up at TVP. The conditions were great for the most part and only a few spots served as tricky with wind like TVP always has.

As always Tom had the coarse in great working order and it was a blast to shoot. Thank you all and I hope to see you there next year.

Woodspider thanks for the sweet videos in advance you always do great work and go out of your way to get it done which we all as shooters greatly appreciate.

Thank you,
Merritt

Just got home from TVP and walked in the door.

I had a great time and learned a lot, even though it was colder than a witch's ..., ah - never mind. As a first timer, I was treated great and I will definitively be back. BTW, IMHO, the Intimidator is aptly named!

Thanks again to Jeff for putting partnering with me and helping me out.

Tom
Looks like alll had a good time today, sorry chasing bad guys up north. If you have two data books left set them aside for me. Good XMas present for my partners. I will try to call next week.

ST

had a great time today and so did the one lady. Being our first shoot we were not sure what to expect. Great group of guys and thanks to Tom for having a really nice place to shoot. Can't wait till the next one.

Thanks to all the shooters who showed up today and supported us.
Although the temperatures were low the spirits were high and all seemed to have a good time. We had a great turn out with lots of new faces and several regulars and although I was back and forth with working on the new shop and deliverys I was glad to have spent the timed allowed with good folks with some funny stories and dreams of precision rifles and optics lol...
I have one of the best jobs a guy could ever ask for. Although its very demanding
it gives me great pleasure to serve my shooters needs and help their dreams become a reality. This has been a great year and today was a fine capper for a very memorable shooting season.
Several shooters today realized why we have these cold weather shoots and the importance of them. Dope was all over the place for some and they experienced the effects it can cause on shot placement. This is what it takes to become a precision shooter and those of you who participated today will only get better. Fair weather shooters shoot fair...extreme weather shooters shoot with extreme precision and consistency in all types of environments and conditions.

Our next shoot will be held in January and will get the date and details posted.
Possibly a cold weather data range day to help those who need it and for others to sharpen their skill.

Thanks again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I start a new job on the third and will get weekends off, So I plan on making it out once a month or so. I really cant wait. I need to get confirmed zero's for this win mag. I'm really excited I moved here from Arizona and I don't have any shooting buddies anymore. </div></div>
Droid,
</div></div>

Sunbury off Rt 61? Man, I live in Sunbury off Rt 605. Didn't know anyone from the area was on here. Damn, I could have ridden with you, saved my gas and got a nap on the way out. Seriously though, next time we should keep in touch and you could ride out with me if you want. Would be nice to have some company for the ride.

Good time out there today. It was nice to meet all of you that made it out. Thanks for putting up with me since I don't have a clue.

Shooting was fun but definitely challenging and somewhat "Intimidating" for me. Oh well, now I know what to expect next time. Hopefully I can get out there and get a class in with Tom before my next attempt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I start a new job on the third and will get weekends off, So I plan on making it out once a month or so. I really cant wait. I need to get confirmed zero's for this win mag. I'm really excited I moved here from Arizona and I don't have any shooting buddies anymore. </div></div>
Droid,
</div></div>
We just moved to sunbury. I would be happy to share ride. I almost fell asleep coming home.....PM me your contact info and we can hook up. What were you shooting?
Sean
Sunbury off Rt 61? Man, I live in Sunbury off Rt 605. Didn't know anyone from the area was on here. Damn, I could have ridden with you, saved my gas and got a nap on the way out. Seriously though, next time we should keep in touch and you could ride out with me if you want. Would be nice to have some company for the ride. </div></div>

Had great time at the shoot! Those are the farthest shots I have ever made on any target. The confidence I gained in my equipment and myself is priceless. Well worth 30 bucks, a two hour drive and temps in the 20's. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I start a new job on the third and will get weekends off, So I plan on making it out once a month or so. I really cant wait. I need to get confirmed zero's for this win mag. I'm really excited I moved here from Arizona and I don't have any shooting buddies anymore. </div></div>
Droid,
</div></div>

Sunbury off Rt 61? Man, I live in Sunbury off Rt 605. Didn't know anyone from the area was on here. Damn, I could have ridden with you, saved my gas and got a nap on the way out. Seriously though, next time we should keep in touch and you could ride out with me if you want. Would be nice to have some company for the ride. </div></div>I'm Down. We should plan a trip out there even if it's not for a match or event. Lets get some PM's sent and e-mails exchanged people can chip in for gas save money and have someone to talk to for the trip.

Sounds like it was good time. Wish i could have made it, next time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oxn316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">had a great time today and so did the one lady. Being our first shoot we were not sure what to expect. Great group of guys and thanks to Tom for having a really nice place to shoot. Can't wait till the next one. </div></div>

Glad you could make it out! Your girls rifle would be great for the "short course" Tom has, which I think is 250-600ish. The long course and intimidator are TOUGH with any 223, nevermind a 1:9 223 launching 69smks! We all hope you're hooked and hope to see you soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We just moved to sunbury. I would be happy to share ride. I almost fell asleep coming home.....PM me your contact info and we can hook up. What were you shooting?
Sean
</div></div>

I had the Black SPS Varmint .308. HS stock, stainless barrel, muzzle brake and SS 5-20x50. I had camo overalls and jacket and was shooting near the very end of the group. What were you shooting? Who were you partnered with for the shoot? I'll send you a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oxn316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">had a great time today and so did the one lady. Being our first shoot we were not sure what to expect. Great group of guys and thanks to Tom for having a really nice place to shoot. Can't wait till the next one. </div></div>

Glad you could make it out! Your girls rifle would be great for the "short course" Tom has, which I think is 250-600ish. The long course and intimidator are TOUGH with any 223, nevermind a 1:9 223 launching 69smks! We all hope you're hooked and hope to see you soon! </div></div>

yea we knew it would be tough, but wanted to try it out. She made 3 or 4 hits and was happy. She was all over the 600 and 700 yards targets from the bench after the shoot. We both will have to work on our form. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sean
</div></div>

I had the Black SPS Varmint .308. HS stock, stainless barrel, muzzle brake and SS 5-20x50. I had camo overalls and jacket and was shooting near the very end of the group. What were you shooting? Who were you partnered with for the shoot? I'll send you a PM. </div></div>
I was the third group shooting, I was using the dpms 308, my partner had the AICS with the digital cammo duracoat on his barrel and the black stock. I drove the white Chevy Silverado on the course. I shoot at TVP a lot. We will have to get out there next shoot,
Sean

Thanks Tom, and everybody else for a fun day, and thanks to Dave for putting up with me as a partner!

I'm already looking forward to the next shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oxn316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">had a great time today and so did the one lady. Being our first shoot we were not sure what to expect. Great group of guys and thanks to Tom for having a really nice place to shoot. Can't wait till the next one. </div></div>

Glad you could make it out! Your girls rifle would be great for the "short course" Tom has, which I think is 250-600ish. The long course and intimidator are TOUGH with any 223, nevermind a 1:9 223 launching 69smks! We all hope you're hooked and hope to see you soon! </div></div>

It sounds like everyone had a great time, I wish my buddy andI could have made it down for the shoot. we've only been down a few times but everytime is a great learning experience and tons of fun. My buddy and I know how difficult it can be with .223s loaded with 69gr smks.

I'm thinking of getting a heavy barrel in .308 or 6.5 creedmoor to replace the hunting profile barrel on current .308 so i have a better chance at the long shots at tvp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm thinking of getting a heavy barrel in .308 or 6.5 creedmoor to replace the hunting profile barrel on current .308 so i have a better chance at the long shots at tvp. </div></div>

Go with the Creed.

Couldn't hit jack sh*t yesterday but, I had a great time all the same. Thanks Tom and we'll see ya in Janruary. Hopefully with a new rifle
grin.gif

Some video from yesterday's Intimidator

Load them in 480p or higher for better quality and to see the trace better.

Peter and John Stage#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTr9Xm0GLKM

Merrit and partner Stage #3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfFMQL1CW5Y

Peter and John Stage#3 (Nice 1,048 yard 2nd round hit Peter!!)
Check out the Arc of the Trace when John takes his last 2 shots at 1,048 yards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBXtWydhueU

Sean and Mike Stage#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1eyNAxKBo

More to follow as I get them uploaded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some video from yesterday's Intimidator

Load them in 480p or higher for better quality and to see the trace better.

Peter and John Stage#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTr9Xm0GLKM

Merrit and partner Stage #3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfFMQL1CW5Y

Peter and John Stage#3 (Nice 1,048 yard 2nd round hit Peter!!)
Check out the Arc of the Trace when John takes his last 2 shots at 1,048 yards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBXtWydhueU

Sean and Mike Stage#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1eyNAxKBo

More to follow as I get them uploaded. </div></div>

Woodspider - As always awesome videos. Your effert is much appreciated by everyone envolved. I should have taken a video of my 2 year old daughter watching daddy shoot steal with his "bang bang" it was awesome.

Thank you,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm thinking of getting a heavy barrel in .308 or 6.5 creedmoor to replace the hunting profile barrel on current .308 so i have a better chance at the long shots at tvp. </div></div>

Go with the Creed. </div></div>

Thats what I was leaning towards. I could buy factory match ammo for a pretty cheap price until I have enough brass. or just buy 100 rounds of brass at first so i dont need to spend tons of money upfront to reload.