• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

@trob
Head to page 10 and read from there

@scocoabeach

Thanks for the kind words, I cant wait to see how your new stock shoots based on the groups the factory stock was capable of!

Today I made a Tikka T1x fit in a T3 Tac1 chassis. In some ways they are easier to modify (mag well and mag catch are gtg) , some ways harder (have to machine the scope rail to fit), and some ways the same (clearance for the schs)
View attachment 6988010
20181217_190439.jpg

Reactions: ferrisnox
I recently put a T1x in a Tac A1 chassis. It defiantly isn’t plug and play. The mag well modification was simple. As said in the previous post the scope rail was the problem. Unless you are a competent machinist or really mechanically inclined I would consider another chassis. I made it work but I have all the tools to do the modifications and It still took some time to do.

I finally got the bolt handle and knob replaced on my Tikka T1x #3. Again, being different, and liking to try different things, I went with the new Anarchy Outdoors swept bolt handle with threaded end.

This handle is similar to the Sterk but still different. The cost is roughly the same as you will need to buy a bolt knob for the AO handle if you don't already have one. Some of the differences are the Sterk has a much better finish. Sterk blends in better with their attachment method. Sterk has a more swept back design. The AO bolt handle is adjustable in height and distance from the rifle because you can rotate the handle in any position before locking it down. The AO bolt handle has a threaded end to allow you to use any bolt knob threaded with 5/16-24 thread pattern.
IMG_20200406_123112.jpg
IMG_20200406_123129.jpg
IMG_20200406_123140.jpg

Sterk for comparison.
IMG_20200319_163000.jpg
IMG_20200319_163039.jpg

Here is a comparison showing the difference the the swept angle. This was before I had the red round knob.
IMG_20200328_200837.jpg

IMO the only two reasons to by the AO over the Sterk is 1. you want to try different things like me and 2. you want the ability to customize your bolt knob. So, provided you don't have either you will fall in the #2 category and want the customization option, other than that, there's no reason to not get the Sterk.

Anyone use a steel brake on a stock barrel? Not for the recoil, but mass. I'm a little back heavy and recall reading some comments on barrel mass helping groups a little. If so, I'd love some low cost suggestions - any change is marginal (at best) so don't want to burn the wallet :)

I had great success with the Lantec Dragon and Silencerco ASR muzzle brakes. A friend of mine also has the ASR on his now.

Still all stock with mine, finally had a chance to test some ammo, 5 shots @ 50 yards. SK Rifle Match came out the winner, SK Standard was right behind.

skrifle_group.jpg

Reactions: DROWN
Still all stock with mine, finally had a chance to test some ammo, 5 shots @ 50 yards. SK Rifle Match came out the winner, SK Standard was right behind.

skrifle_group.jpg
Nice job, it will be interesting to see how it does when you shot a 6x5 or the green monster.

When i did my testing rifle match came in first tied with Lapua Midas+ and Tenex. Fortunately the sk’s half the cost of the others.. anxiously awaiting a couple bricks should be here tomorrow!!
On the down side, the SK gets an FTF on the fith round almost every time.. not too sure why, but I don’t shoot competition so it’s not a deal breaker.

Mine does the same with the SK. Luckily it shoots the CCI SV almost as well and feeds it great.

Aahwww yeah!!! Back in business!! Took a few weeks, but the guy in the big brown van finally got here!
86C175AB-C53B-46A7-ADBF-387E96FB6337.jpeg

Reactions: nakoa01
Nice haul! I'm on the notification waiting list for more SK.

Haven't bought match ammo before and none are available near me. Where do you all buy? Hoping to pick up a few various bricks to see what works since my case of CCI SV is letting me down.

Haven't bought match ammo before and none are available near me. Where do you all buy? Hoping to pick up a few various bricks to see what works since my case of CCI SV is letting me down.
Midway USA still has a pretty decent amount of SK stock, it looks like.

There a few places still have it, I used Midway, only down side is they’re taking a week or more to get the order processed..

You folks are a bad influence!

I just ordered a T1X... now comes the "Other stuff" shopping. Let the credit card melting begin... o_O

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.

Have fun, I think you made a pretty good choice! I’ve yet to hear of a T1x that doesn’t shoot well.

I haven’t had any problems finding premium ammo yet. The budget stuff is selling out everywhere however. Luckily I have 20k rounds of rimfire setting around. I just need one more case and I will be all set?

Man those KRG Bravo stocks look so good I couldn't help picking one up. I haven't shot it yet in the new stock but it sure is pretty to look at and feels much nicer than the factory stock to me.
Includes:
  • Amazon 9" bipod
  • Nikon bushmaster 4-12x scope
  • Anarchy metal bolt shroud
  • DIP muzzle break
  • Polished bolt.

Here she is.
IMG_20200411_125740.jpg

Reactions: MPrimo and 7mmMato
I ordered a black Bravo stock for my V22, but your tan stock with the black receiver/barrel is really nice looking. I'm planning on doing a camo pattern on mine, so I'll be incorporating tan or bronze into that color scheme.

Reactions: ferrisnox
Is there anywhere that has the T1x bravo in stock?
I think krg has the t3 in, what are the differences??

My understanding is you can use the T3, but you have to clear out a little bit of room in the receiver in between the magazine and an area for the bolt release. I picked mine up at Anarchy Outdoors, but there are probably lots of online dealers that carry them and inventory.

Last edited:
I have a XLR element stock for a T3. There is a small area you have to mill for the bolt that holds on the magwell and also remove the mag catch from the chassis.

Has anyone inletted a t3x MDT LSS or lSSXL Chassis for for the t1x? I am about to cut one up and want to see who has done it and what all they had to dremel out.

I think this info is out there but after looking through 30+ pages of this thread I figured i'd ask here and someone could point me in the right direction.

Ive posted twice what is required with pics, but the t3 version requires some milling and modification to attach the triggerguard some other way as the internal screw that holds it on is in the way of the t1x mag well.

With a wood stock is it much easier to do?

Just bout a t1x from a forum member here and am going to try and fix it up for mother's day for my wife

Reactions: nakoa01

Just bout a t1x from a forum member here and am going to try and fix it up for mother's day for my wife
Wood stock should be easier if any mods are required, some bottom inlets are completely open (no bridge infront of trigger area) and you just use the T1x plastic triggerguard anyway which matches the standard t3/t3x bottom metal inlet.

Reactions: Frankr

Frank, with most stocks aluminum included you can use a Forstner bit to hog out the extra material if you have a drill press. You just need to drill a pilot hole with aluminum. If you have a drill press I can take some photos of the process. If shipping back and forth wouldn’t be so expensive I would just say send it to me and I will put it on a mill and knock it out for you and just send it back modified.

Frank, with most stocks aluminum included you can use a Forstner bit to hog out the extra material if you have a drill press. You just need to drill a pilot hole with aluminum. If you have a drill press I can take some photos of the process. If shipping back and forth wouldn’t be so expensive I would just say send it to me and I will put it on a mill and knock it out for you and just send it back modified.

The stock is a wooden stock (KKC) that I use sometimes on a T3
I think I am going to give it a go with the T1x for her.

this a link to the stock (although the link is for the 10/22). I have one for a tikka T3

If the Tix doesn’t drop right into that it will be a very easy modification to make it fit. A little work with a 3/4” Forsther bit and you will be all set.

I drop my wife’s T1x into a Boyd’s t3 Stock with mod to the mag well. Now Boyd’s has one for t1x.

I'm looking to increase the LOP on my T1x. I can either go with stock spacers or a new butt pad. Does anyone have experience with either of these and can tell me if they will fit the T1x?

Stock Spacers

T3x Recoil Pad

Much appreciated.
The T3X recoil pad fits but there is a groove that will show if you have spacers. I made an approximately 3/4" to 1" spacer out of layers of plastic. TBH its worth the money to drop it into a KRG Bravo vs spending the money to upgrade the standard stock. I bought the Recoil pad and vertical grip. They work but you'll likelier be happier putting that money towards the KRG.

The T3X recoil pad fits but there is a groove that will show if you have spacers. I made an approximately 3/4" to 1" spacer out of layers of plastic. TBH its worth the money to drop it into a KRG Bravo vs spending the money to upgrade the standard stock. I bought the Recoil pad and vertical grip. They work but you'll likelier be happier putting that money towards the KRG.

Thanks. I bought the T3x pad.

I may eventually go with the KRG, but I'm trying to keep this simple and cheap(er). Plus, I actually like the Tikka stocks. Long conversation but I don't really want to get caught up in the gear chase...at least just yet. This rifle outshoots me right now.

I have a XLR element stock for a T3. There is a small area you have to mill for the bolt that holds on the magwell and also remove the mag catch from the chassis.
Hey SRT I still haven’t had to try out the SRS barrel I got from you since mine is still holding strong at 1800 rounds down the pipe.
Anyway; if the element is anything like my carbon chassis for the T3 then you will need to at least mill out clearance for that bolt in order to put the T1 into it. Below are some photos of my crappy Dremel work as I was to lazy to bring it into work. XLR sells a new trigger guard that removes the mag release that interferes with the Tikka mag. But I’m not certain it’s required but it’s only $35. Anyway; here are my photos if it helps you with the element.
F28F6D58-1C28-48E8-B1FD-D5E0C5DBBB33.jpeg
317C697A-66E9-4264-8CA2-0D1E03D02894.jpeg
A6BD29B9-FC5E-4EB3-B805-24AFD12DE57A.jpeg
F84CA90F-41A9-4CE5-98D5-C27695608A02.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the stock already modified to fit. Uses a stock trigger guard with the mag release removed. Its a nice stock but I miss the Bravo

Just got my T1x and got it all set up. This all started when Delta Tactical accidentally sent me a swept T1x handle when I ordered the swept handle for my Tac A1. When I told them they sent the wrong handle they just shipped the correct one and never asked for the return of the wrong one. Since I had the handle I told my wife l “had” to get a rifle to fit it.

Full build is KRG Bravo, IBI bull barrel, Sterk Swept bolt knod, Vortex PST gen2 5-25, Spuhr SP-3602 scope mount, Anarchy Outdoors 30moa rail, MDT M-Lok weights, Atlas bipod.

262A56F3-9960-4E94-8004-B554E466EB04.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got my T1x and got it all set up. This all started when Delta Tactical accidentally sent me a swept T1x handle when I ordered the swept handle for my Tac A1. When I told them they sent the wrong handle they just shipped the correct one and never ask for the return of the wrong one. Since I had the handle I told my wife l “had” to get a rifle to fit it.

Full build is KRG Bravo, IBI bull barrel, Sterk Swept bolt knod, Vortex PST gen2 5-25, Spuhr SP-3602 scope mount, Anarchy Outdoors 30moa rail, MDT M-Lok weights, Atlas bipod.

View attachment 7301707

Nice! That's a $95 handle! How's your IBI shooting?

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I’m just breaking in the barrel with some CCI SV but it’s looking good so far. Lower left is first 5 shots then the other 3 groups were 10 shots at 25m. Looking forward to testing some better ammo when I can get my hands on some.
A87F395C-B66E-4F21-9BAE-4B31AC531004.png

I’m just breaking in the barrel with some CCI SV but it’s looking good so far. Lower left is first 5 shots then the other 3 groups were 10 shots at 25m. Looking forward to testing some better ammo when I can get my hands on some.

Nice setup! How do you like your Bravo Chassis? 50 & 100 yds. will tell the story once the barrel is broke in.