• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

+1 That looks awesome.

Here's some more lefty love. One of my favorite color combinations. Enjoy.

Paul

miscpictures_zps3b2c5f3f.jpg

Can you put one of your PPR knobs on a Tikka handle too??

In the basin behind this pic I have some steel plates hung. The pic is decieving as to the range. On the morning the pic was taken the winds were calm, which is relatively rare, so ringing the far steel plates was not too tough, even w/o a spotter. I had an antelope come out and walk within roughly 25-30 feet of one plate (710yds). When I rung the plate, the little speed goat had no idea what to do. He kept looking at the plate, then back down at where I was. Eventually he trotted off.

Last edited:
Pretty much done with my Tikka build, picked up one of those new SWFA 3x15 mil/mil scopes and went to the hills for an equipment shakedown. Even with medium Seekins rings, the lowest the cheek rest could go was still too high for me so I scratch built a rest out of Boltaron and shaped it to my liking. I will be building a slip on pad/cover when I can track down some Kryptek Typhon fabric. Only thing really left is to get the barrel threaded and my Surefire muzzle brake installed.

Last edited:
Josh,
who threaded your bolt handle for you or is that the UK gun works handle? If so where did you get it stateside?

Last edited:
Evilsvt, it's the UK Gunworks cranked handle. I got it direct from Chris online via PP. Be prepared to pay a lot for shipping if you go that route...

Quick question for you tikka guys - where's the best place to get a tikka rebarreled, and what should I expect to pay (including the barrel)?

My first post. Been reading and lurking here for a while and just wandered over from the 24 Hr Campfire and signed up this morning.

I am glad to see that I am not the world's only Tikka fan. Here is a semi-custom .30/06 I rescued from the forlorn shelf of a local gun shop a few years ago.

From what info I have tracked down it began life as a varmint weight .308 and was rebarreled with a #5 or #6 contour Shilen finished at 22 inches then fitted and bedded into the factory stock.

TIKKA3006.jpg

I had originally intended to restock and install something like the CDI magazine system but it shoots so well as is I can see no reason to touch anything.

100 yards (55 grains of IMR 4350 165 grain Nosler BT RP case, Federal :

3006tikka100yards.jpg

Same load 200 yards:

3006tikka200yards.jpg

Same Load 300 yards:

3006tikka300yards.jpg

null.jpg

1:8 twist.
Spuhr 0MOA mount
EGW 20MOA rail
G2DMR 3.5-21
Roedale chassis / Viperskins
I plan on having it cut down to 20inch.

7MM Mag
null-3.jpg

EGW rail
Nikon Monarch 5-20
Burris rings
GRS Stock
Soon to have a TRG brake fitted.

(Edit 23/7)
And I've just today ordered a Stainless hunter in 6.5x55 !

Last edited:
Got similar setup like your .223 only in .308(tactical) and it shoots perfect since the start (now at 5500 round count). Below 2x10 shots@300m local match...

Here's my Tikka T3 lite SS .308 on an XLR Industries Evolution chassis. Bolt was fluted by Paul (first Tikka bolt he did if I remember correctly). Hinterland Shooting Supply bolt shroud and handle, Atlas bipod, NEAR Mfg. scope base, glass is a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 mil/mil. The muzzle brake is a Straight Shot Gunsmithing "V" port Vaporizer 10 deg. I'm hoping to have some grouping shots next month with some decent ammo (trying out Lapua lock base 170gr, Lapua FMJBT 185gr and Federal Premium Sierra Matchking 175gr JHPBT). I should also be sending this rifle out relatively soon to Chad at LongRifles Inc. to have it cerakoted in CADPAT (yeah, I know, I was supposed to do this a bit over a year ago, but life and work got in the way). Finally have some time back to apply to shooting so this'll get done and I'm also picking up an SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm scope with illum reticle.

DSC_7761.JPG

DSC_7762.JPG

DSC_7763.JPG

DSC_7764.JPG

DSC_7765.JPG

DSC_7766.JPG

--Wintermute

This isn't that all tricked out, but it's a Tikka T3 Lite .243 Win with a Hinterland Shooting Supplies (Australia) aftermarket bolt shroud and bolt handle. It took me about 30 min to put it together (I'm mechanically inept). I also installed a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I'm using DNZ Game Reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6 2-12x50 TDS.

I can see bolt fluting in the future...

This is how it was shooting on its first day out the other day. No scope adjustment whatsoever after mounting and bore sighting. It really likes 95 gr. Fusions.

Eric

IMG_6054_zpsd42865a7.jpg

IMG_6057_zpsdb3446d7.jpg

IMG_5965_zpsce944899.jpg

How much does a brand New Take Off T3 Sporter stock go for around here? Ill post pics of the gun tommrow!

Barrel is .223 at the moment
A stainless varmint barreled action in .308 is inbound.

I have to get back to you about the accuracy. It was finished last night so I haven't taken it to the range yet.

My all around "practical" rifle.

001-10.jpg

A T3 .308 chopped to 20"s. Wears a 2.5-10x24 Nightforce with the NPR2 reticle, plus a VTAC sling. I killed last years elk with it.

On the plus side it is a phenomenally accurate gun, like pretty much every other T3 .308 I have ever fired.

On the negative side, it is such a lightweight package that I have to really concentrate on perfect form/fundamentals when I shoot it. If I get even slightly sloppy the results are easy to see. You just can't cheat with a lightweight rifle like you can with a 16 pound gun.

Here is a 3 shot group I shot last week while confirming my zero at a different elevation than my home. The thing will shoot.

For reference the diamond is 1". distance 100 yards.

T3Lite308.jpg

If the groups open up, it is me, not the rifle.

Here is a shot from last week. In the mountains, taking a coffee/lunch break. The lightweight Tikka is a real joy to carry.

018-4.jpg

I like the idea of a lightweight rifle for hiking I think when my knee heals up ill work on something similar in 243

+1 That looks awesome.

Here's some more lefty love. One of my favorite color combinations. Enjoy.

Paul

miscpictures_zps3b2c5f3f.jpg

That looks awesome.

What bolt handle/knob is on there?
What material was used to coat the bolt?

Thanks,

Rob

I like the idea of a lightweight rifle for hiking I think when my knee heals up ill work on something similar in 243

In 30+ years of packing rifles up and down typical Rocky Mountain West alpine terrain, I have to say, this chopped little Tikka is without question my favorite rifle that I've ever used.

Ill upload some beter photos Later.
T3 Sporter .260 in a Gen4 WC3 Folder. G2DMR in a Badger 20MOA 1 piece mount with Talley 20 MOA Base. 20131011_213512.jpg20131011_213527.jpg20131011_213633.jpg20131012_114224.jpg

20" Tikka T3 Lite with Nightforce 2.5-10x24 compact and the little dink muley from this weekend. Took the oldest daughter with me as she is old enough to hike the mountains and keep up. 375 yards. A rough 2 hours getting off the mountain in the dark with flashlights, but in the end my little girl still said she would do it again.

So what do you think about starting with a new T3-Lite SS in .308 and later doing the following mods: Manners MCS-EHT with 9/16" pillars and CDI Detach Mag, rechamber 6.5 Creedmoor with fluted 24" Bartlein #3.....

Plan on using it mainly for my wife as a deer/antelope rifle, I'm already setup for 6.5CM and plan on getting Extreme Hunter 6.5SAUM next year. The next question is who do you recommend to do the build, GAP, other?

I have got to stop looking at threads like this!! Makes me want to buy one!!!! Sure wish the aftermarket world would support these actions better, sure are the smoothest out of the box I have ever felt.

Update on my 300wm

I'm really satisfied with my gun. Shoots 5 shot groups at 300m under 4cm. Look in signature for specs.

winmag_86-albums-rifles-picture19970-p1020327.jpg

winmag_86-albums-rifles-picture19969-p1020320.jpg

T3 Super-Lite in 7mm Remmy.... I figured it would be a good one to drag around the mountains. We'll find out this weekend.

I switched the scope from this 6x42 M1 to a VX-III 3.5-10x40 with an M1 elevation knob. Needs a Limbsaver something fierce :D

So far, it's looking like it will do well. This is 400 yards with 168 VLDs seated to mag length, over a heavy dose of 7828, looks like they're going about 3050fps. Pretty minimal load work up, and I'm sure with some work it will tighten up. A 7lb all up magnum doesn't really lend itself to tiny clusters though, I've found...

Here's my custom Tikka T3. The build consisted of facing off the small transition on the front of the receiver
Blue printed and trued the bolt and action
Designed, cut and pinned a custom tombstone style recoil lug that matches the outer contour of the T3 receiver
22" 1:8 SS #3 Brux barrel for .243 win - threaded for my muzzle break/QD suppressor adapter
Pillar bedded into a LH McMillan Sako hunter stock with LongRifles Inc prairie sage camo pattern
Dark Earth Ceracoked the barreled action
Currently wearing a Ziess 4.5-14 x 44mm Conquest scope with Warne quick detachable rings

DSC_0020.jpg

Tombstone style recoil lug
DSC_0023.jpg

1 3-shot group at 100 Yards

2 3-shot groups at 200 Yards

A few bone stock T3s. A 25/06,7 Rem Mag and a stainless 338 Win Mag.

A 22/250........

338 Target @ 100 yds

The 7 Mag loves 160gr bullets!

The 7 Remmy is destined for some coating and fluting in the near future. I can't decide between a B&C Medalist,or a McMillan Sako Classic for the new handle. She is a good shootin' iron.

Last edited:
Can anyone give some advice of where to turn to buy a decent heavier stock for my tikka T3 Lite...even used which is not going to break the bank

Hello From Finland :)
My first post of there...

This is my Tikka T3 Lite Stainless .223 ( mod version of stock )
20131101_163716.jpg20131106_003919.jpgrvVxOaK.jpg1377224_10151780940814315_410875367_n.jpg

The 7.62×53mmR (also known as the 7.62×53R Finnish)21608_10151133036119315_2101555631_n.jpg

Last edited: