• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

TL3 Action

metalicat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Looking at a TL3 for my next build.

1. Best place to buy.

2. What other actions should i consider.

Thanks in advance for the input. Please feel free to share your pros and cons if you run one

Wherever they're in stock
Mausingfield, Impact. Defiance or surgeon

Really depends on your end goals. They all offer something different. 2 lug or 3. CRF or push feed. Mechanical ejection or not. Bolt head swaps?

Also, they're in the PX all the time, often with barely shot barrels

I don't think anything else but the mausingfield really compares and it's about another $400 on top of the Bighorn

As stated above, wherever you can find them in stock. They are either the same price, or within $50 at most every shop that sells them.

Have two tl3s. Love the action.

I’d call Josh at PVA and see if he’s got any. He had a handful of brand new barreled actions ready to ship that were selling in the for sale section recently. I would call him and find out if he still has any left.

I have one I purchased from CORE shooting solutions. I am super happy with it. I shoot other custom actions and prefer the BigHorn action to the others.

I just bought another. I got on the first order back in January 2016 and received in October that year. The latest is for a build I'm doing for my son. We can share barrels between rifles, as I have 6Dasher, 6BR, .223, .308, 6.5x47 now.

Simple to disassemble the bolt w/o tools, rock solid, feeds any cartridge like a fat kid at a buffet, no need to send gun to Smith for new chamberings, and switch barrels in the field if you want. I'm very happy with mine.

I have to agree with Earthquake on the above. Probably the best I've action had. The only other one I'm itching to try is an impact. I felt one at my gunsmiths shop the other day and it is phenomenal.

If you watch, you can find them cheap on the PX. I've been lucky enough to snag two for under $950. Earthquake actually just purchased one of mine otherwise I'd give you a good deal on one.

I just bought another. I got on the first order back in January 2016 and received in October that year. The latest is for a build I'm doing for my son. We can share barrels between rifles, as I have 6Dasher, 6BR, .223, .308, 6.5x47 now.

Simple to disassemble the bolt w/o tools, rock solid, feeds any cartridge like a fat kid at a buffet, no need to send gun to Smith for new chamberings, and switch barrels in the field if you want. I'm very happy with mine.

I love the switch barrel aspect.....i am a savage guy this will be my 1st non savage build....looking forward to putting this one together. I loved building my savages.

What barrel vice is that? I realize the hitch mount is likely homemade..

What barrel vice is that? I realize the hitch mount is likely homemade..

Looks like a Viper, I have the same one. Its nice. 60 plus 9 in shipping
http://www.pmatool.com/barrel-vise-by-viper/
Viper_Barrel_Vise_WEB__32469.1497629013.1280.1280.jpg

21st Century has one thats very similar for 50 plus 8 shipping.
http://www.xxicsi.com/barrel-vice.html
3225ad802b8507072e72a14274c51689

I have a DLC'd Bighorn TL3, a Surgeon that was nitrided, a Defiance Deviant factory nitride and I just picked up my Impact Precision that is also factory nitride. I'll be posting some rifles for sale soon. The Impact is incredible. Bolt lift is similar to my Bighorn which I consider light compared to the Surgeon and Defiance. It's the smoothest of the bunch and it's brand new. The others have been cycled thousands of times. You absolutely cannot get the bolt to bind. The others require consistent downward pressure to keep them from binding. I'll be getting another one right away.