• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision TNVC Torch Pro Pressure Switch?

Insomniac

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2014
Hey guys,

What is the best / most efficient way to add a pressure switch to Da Torch Pro? I glanced at the Surefire website, but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. I know Da Torch head will fit on some of the Surefire lights (I sometimes use it on my old 6P), but I want to add a pressure switch. Surely someone has done this? What's the best way? Thanks.

Regards,

G.

Not sure what you're looking for? I use this one. XM Remote Dual Switch Tailcap Assembly for WeaponLights It has a clicky on/off plus the press switch.

Vic

Vic,

Yes that is exactly what I am looking for. I just wasn't sure if that one would work. Does that tail cap with pressure switch just screw into the body of the Da Torch Pro? Or are you using that tail cap pressure switch on another surefire light and you just put the Torch Pro head on that surefire body? Is my question making sense here? I'm not sure I am doing a very good job of articulating what I am after. Basically I just want to use a pressure switch (with the 7 or so inch cord) on my weapon mounted Torch Pro. I am assuming the one you linked to above does exactly that?

Regards,

G.

Edit: The reason I wasn't sure is I see some switches are for .75 inch tail caps and some are for 1.00 inch tail caps. For some reason I thought Da Torch Pro was a 1.00 inch diameter tail cap. Hence my confusion.

Last edited:
Vic,

Yes that is exactly what I am looking for. I just wasn't sure if that one would work. Does that tail cap with pressure switch just screw into the body of the Da Torch Pro? Or are you using that tail cap pressure switch on another surefire light and you just put the Torch Pro head on that surefire body? Is my question making sense here? I'm not sure I am doing a very good job of articulating what I am after. Basically I just want to use a pressure switch (with the 7 or so inch cord) on my weapon mounted Torch Pro. I am assuming the one you linked to above does exactly that?

Regards,

G.

Edit: The reason I wasn't sure is I see some switches are for .75 inch tail caps and some are for 1.00 inch tail caps. For some reason I thought Da Torch Pro was a 1.00 inch diameter tail cap. Hence my confusion.

I think you're confusing yourself here. Do you have "Da Torch" or the "Torch Pro"? They are two separate illuminators. Da Torch was our Mk1 and the Torch Pro is the Mk2 and current version.

I think you're confusing yourself here. Do you have "Da Torch" or the "Torch Pro"? They are two separate illuminators. Da Torch was our Mk1 and the Torch Pro is the Mk2 and current version.

Yes Sir, you are entirely correct. I have most certainly been using the wrong terms. What's more, I just looked closer at the TNVC web site and saw the photos of the "Torch Pro" (I think I got it right that time), where it clearly shows and says "compatible with surefire XM tail caps". The current version, Torch Pro is what I have. Ordered it just a few weeks ago.

So, I feel a little stupid here...one, for using the incorrect name, and two for not looking closer at the website. Had I done that, it would have answered all my questions on which tail cap and pressure switch I needed.

Thank you Eric for clearing up my confusion. And please try to excuse my ignorance. My confusion was entirely self-induced.

Regards,

G.
Short Bus Rider

Yes Sir, you are entirely correct. I have most certainly been using the wrong terms. What's more, I just looked closer at the TNVC web site and saw the photos of the "Torch Pro" (I think I got it right that time), where it clearly shows and says "compatible with surefire XM tail caps". The current version, Torch Pro is what I have. Ordered it just a few weeks ago.

So, I feel a little stupid here...one, for using the incorrect name, and two for not looking closer at the website. Had I done that, it would have answered all my questions on which tail cap and pressure switch I needed.

Thank you Eric for clearing up my confusion. And please try to excuse my ignorance. My confusion was entirely self-induced.

Regards,

G.
Short Bus Rider

LOL no worries at all! I just wanted to make sure I knew exactly what it is you have, so that I could refer you to the right product. Sounds like you got it figured out.