• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trilux L2A2 SUIT sight repairs/parts?

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So a few months ago, I broke part of the mount for the Trilux that sits on my FAL (Actually, an SAR48 Match... but you get the idea...). It's a Trilux, ex Brit military acquired in the 1980s.

Does anyone specialize in parts for these? Refurbishing them? I found some folks doing re-illum. But not repairs of the physical scope. The optics are fine, the scope body is fine... but the mount has a fractured aluminum piece.

I can post pictures...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Spare parts are few and far between. Fortunately there are many broken SUIT's and if you are at the right place at the right time, you can snatch up someone's broken SUIT to use for spare parts. Unfortunately, they usually break in the same manner (mounts).

After much gnashing of teeth... I jigged it up and tigged it. Came out fine. Just have to machine two tiny nylon bushes for the windage screw. It’s nice Aluminum. Tigs well.

35D42E09-15F7-4766-87E8-ED45B092D709.jpeg
4D761378-9134-4052-9DC1-AC92366A8588.jpeg
000D59B7-75D8-446A-97EA-495EB4E5E837.jpeg

Sirhr

Last edited:
Hey, im having the same problem, im having a hard time figuring out how to disassemble the scope to separate the base to reweld. If you could tell how you did your that would be very appreciated

Hey, im having the same problem, im having a hard time figuring out how to disassemble the scope to separate the base to reweld. If you could tell how you did your that would be very appreciated
Two years later with the scope not in front of me and after 3 beers.

No.

But I’ll look at it over the weekend and see if anything comes back to me. I remember it being… not hard.

Sirhr

Reactions: MSTN and ZG47A