• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tritium sights

stemikel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2020
I am looking for recommendations for night sights for a Springfield Armory XDS 9 mm. Trijicon to have good reviews as does hiviz.
does anyone have any experience with any of these sites?

I am open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

I have owned Trijicon in the past- good sights. These days I rock Truglo tritium/fiber optic and love them. Front sight pops in daytime and glows brightly at night. Highly recommend.

Beware that tritium capsules lose their brightness in a few years. Mine went dead after about 8 years.

Not true, they will lose 50% in 13 years but your retina adjusts so it’s about 20+ before replacement.

Best night sight ever
P-07 RMR.jpg

IF they have the tritium TFO's for your rig, get them.
....308 is correct, no "night sights" are match for a optic after sunset and in the dark, you have one chance to see the sights before the first shot, thereafter not so much due to muzzle flash.

Just a few carry's using them.
IMG_0580Sig TruGlo Front Sights copy.JPG
IMG_1812 copySig TruGlo Front Sights copy.JPG
IMG_2312 copySig TruGlo Front Sights copy.JPG
IMG_1242 copy.JPG

My '95 proofed Sig came with them from the factory they were completely dead in 2010. They are still on there and work fine for standard iron sights.

Once you go optics, you can't go back
Very true, especially with the addition of carry optics in USPSA. It's crazy how many carry size autos come red dot ready or with a dot already installed.

I have an FNS 9C, it has the Trijicon night sights. 6ish years in and going strong. True glow is bad ass in fiber optic, Hi Viz right behind. Trijicon is the big dog in tritium night sights, but as stated above, they do have a shelf life.