• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tube guns...who has them and how do they compare

turbohardtop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Austin, TX
I am thinking of building another bolt action and saw that groupbuy on the Eliseo chassis and Pierce actions. I was wondering who has these tube platforms and how do you like them comparing to the basic/classic bolt actions chassis.

Re: Tube guns...who has them and how do they compare

I have two of them and absolutely love them. One is an RTS chambered in 260 Rem. I've put five match kings into .214 at 100, and shot 2" steel squares at 525 yds reliably. I have a new RTM in 284 Win, and it just put three shots into .091" at 100 yds during load development.

Both guns are very accurate. I like the ergonomics, I like the adjustability, I like the fact that I do not have to worry about bedding. Fit and finish is top notch! The only downside is they are a little heavy. Which is not so bad for a long range rifle.

Highly Recommended.

Here is the .284 Win group:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07sflcfsda7j15h/284Win%20group%20V2.JPG

I can't comment but I do have one on the way!It should be here in January if all goes well.

nice group Trigger. How heavy are these units comparing to the AICS? do you like the ergonomics better than the standard remington 700 or the AICS? Can the tube guns be used for hunting, etc?

I cannot compare the ergonomics to an AICS, but I have a Rem 700 in a McMillan A-5. I like the tubegun ergonomics better, because the bolt rides inside the stock, and thus the barrel axis is a bit lower when shooting. Additionally, the bolt does not get into your face while running the bolt. I rebuild a different grip out of cherry and maple because a standard AR-15 grip put my finger far too close to the trigger for my shooting preferences. Eliseo makes a tubegun stock specifically for hunting, but I have not tried it.