• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Turret press for precision rounds?

goldeneagle

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
DE
Anyone out there using a Redding T-7 or Lyman T-mag for loading precision rounds? I'm selling one of my xl650's and trying to decide to go with 3 single stages or get a turret. I know you sacrifice a little with turret moving/tilting but not sure how much.
I can get the Redding for $270 and the Lyman for $160. I've read a ton about the Redding being the best turret out there. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I had been loading on my dillon 550, 6 months ago I switched over to the T7. All I can say is that I have zero complaints, I make better rounds, and find it easier to put everything in one head that I need. I often have 3 calibers, collet bullet puller, expander. I never have to change out anything hardly. Only unless I do not have a wilson seater for that particular caliber.

Its built like a tank.

Thanks guys. Just bought the T7. Appreciate the recommendations. On sale for $270 and free shipping...couldn't pass it up

Enjoy i have used a RCBS rock crusher for over 23yr just bought a T7 press sure like it. It seems to be more convenient, set up dies and don't have to be adjusting once set for a particular rifle. Both are good quality! I load 300 wsm, 243, 280 ai and 6.5 cm. need to get another turret!

If you ever find where it goes a little out of spec. Just tighten that center bolt. If that doesn't help. Call Redding and they can get you a new center bushing

Hello again goldeneagle1976. When I was loading 338LP I used the Redding T-7 press with great success. No alignment issues or flexing whatsoever. I will use it for the my new RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor as soon as I get all loading stuff together.

Hello again goldeneagle1976. When I was loading 338LP I used the Redding T-7 press with great success. No alignment issues or flexing whatsoever. I will use it for the my new RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor as soon as I get all loading stuff together.

All "O" style presses yield some flex, a T7 or any turret press will have to give more. Not saying it affects the loaded rd, but there is flex.

Last edited:
Several of the NM and 1000 yard guys use the T7 and win. My runout is as low as any ammo I load in any die. Better than I could get with Wilson BR press non threaded dies.