• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deuce 22LR

Its here! The Ultimatum Precision Deuce showed up! It has a 1-12 twist straight no taper 22" pipe from International Barrels. I was concerned tha the shorter barrel would make it harder to balance but its perfect in the Modular Driven Technologies ACC. I use the same weight configuration as with my 26" heavy palma balance is the same.
I installed a single stage Triggertech Diamond. The timing is off slightly but Derek let me know they have a fix in the works and will send the part. My understanding is this is a single stage diamond thing.

With the bolt being a one piece and not a mid-lock it is basically impossible to bind the bolt. Bolt lift is incredibly smooth and light. Bolt close was not great. I did a couple of minor tweaks and it is now acceptable. Its a nicer smoother bolt then most but I have a RimX.... 😉 I expect once we have the timing sorted.. ya gonna be nice! I really like the 60⁰ lift and the bolt knob position it suits my technique perfectly.

Mags fed flawless with no hangup's in the 40-50 rounds I cycled through. The mag stack is captured in the action creating a solid lockup with little mag movement when pushed against a barricade. There is lots of adjustment on the mag height and it will work with both the regular and short MDT mag catches.

Fit and finish is very good and overall I am impressed with the action. I may do a couple of posts here and there as I use it but will not comment to much until I have a few thousand rounds through it.View attachment 7696346

What chamber did you get on your IBI 12T? I just ordered a 12T Competition Contour with the Eley EPS chamber.

What chamber did you get on your IBI 12T? I just ordered a 12T Competition Contour with the Eley EPS chamber.
EPS I have the Calfee 4 already and it will run most CCI SV as smooth as Eley so I figured I'm safe going a little tighter. I'll try some SV this weekend and see how it cycles.

Oh ya no issues! I dont think you will feel a difference. What action you putting it on?

Any trigger timing issues / heavy lift? I am guessing with all the Canadian company-ness it probably works well with a TT but I don't shoot TT triggers. I'm running a Huber 2-stage. Curious if anyone has seen issues with running the Deuce with different triggers having any sort of heavy lift / drag. I'm still another 2 weeks out before getting mine.

Any trigger timing issues / heavy lift? I am guessing with all the Canadian company-ness it probably works well with a TT but I don't shoot TT triggers. I'm running a Huber 2-stage. Curious if anyone has seen issues with running the Deuce with different triggers having any sort of heavy lift / drag. I'm still another 2 weeks out before getting mine.
Mine is working well with TT Special. 12 twist, getting some awesome groups at 200m, amazing vertical

Reactions: benalbee
As reported with a Diamond mine would not cock at 1lb 6 oz. but will with 1lb 8 oz. which is fine. Update on magazine feeding. I got the new mags. They are running close to 100%. Every once in a while a round won't pop up. I quess I need a Vudoo style video on how to load the mag. So I put about 500 practice rounds through them then shot a match this weekend. Towards the end the follower was getting sticky. It was pretty dusty at the match. So I took them apart this morning to have a look. Inside the inner mag was suprisingly dirty. As in lots of carbon, 22 goo. I'm pretty sure it was enough to effect operation. That will be a routine cleaning item for me going forward. It makes sense to me. In a Vudoo or RimX that stuff can just blast out the side of the mag. Same thing in a semi, when the bolt goes back. With this mag the gases are kind of trapped. Probably way off base- YMMV as they used to say.

Last edited:
I've had no issues with my mags. I did modify the inner mag so the rounds would slid up early on. better but no issues now.
Loading you should not be able to rim lock.
Heres a post of how I've been loading the mags.

For those who do clean your deuce, what do you do without a bore guide? I've only gotten in to precision rimfire yeah years ago and both my Tikka and Vudoo had a bore guide from day one.

Goal is to keep that carbon ring out every 600 or so rounds but that means that I'll be pushing a patch though after cleaning up the chamber so using my standard 40" 22 cal rod. What's the safest way to clean the deuce when you don't have a guide?

Deuce said they're on a guide with bore tech but it will be a few months out.

I just checked my rod guides and the Tikka T1x will work but is a tiny bit loose but it will still work fine. The CZ 457 also fits and does so a little bit better because it has a tighter fit. If you have the T1x, use it, if not buy one for the 457. I'm using the white delrin material, I think it's made by Possum Hollow.

I just checked my rod guides and the Tikka T1x will work but is a tiny bit loose but it will still work fine. The CZ 457 also fits and does so a little bit better because it has a tighter fit. If you have the T1x, use it, if not buy one for the 457. I'm using the white delrin material, I think it's made by Possum Hollow.

I've been trying to get a hold of Possum Hollow, what bore guide # is it for the 457? Their sizing chart page doesn't link right.

Edit* their e-mail doesn't work, I got a hold by phone. GREAT customer service and I'll work on getting a Deuce bore guide perfect with Eric. The bore guide # is 92 for the CZ 457 for those who are interested.

Alright, Imma resurrect this thread. I'm to upgrade my T1X to something a bit heavier that takes the mags I want to use. It's been several months now - who's gotten some more comparisons with Vudoo and RimX? I'm planning to run my gun for NRL22 and would like more reliable mags and balance than my Tikka is offering.

Alright, Imma resurrect this thread. I'm to upgrade my T1X to something a bit heavier that takes the mags I want to use. It's been several months now - who's gotten some more comparisons with Vudoo and RimX? I'm planning to run my gun for NRL22 and would like more reliable mags and balance than my Tikka is offering.

Honest answer is nothing is perfect.

RimX doesn't have rimlock issues on their mag, but has issues if something happens and your round is in the chamber and you zero the stage trying to get the round out. While that has only happened like... maybe once per match I've seen someone hit it, it's pretty rare for someone to short stroke. Though I've seen this happen if someone pushes the mag on something and the round doesn't get control fed and instead pushed into the chamber, and then they have to stop and get a knife and pull the round out.

Vudoo has rimlock issues on their mags. Also they need a chassis that fits because their mags aren't adjustable. I run the Vudoo because I got my chassis to fit the action/mag, and I just pay attention while loading my mags. Also if rimlock happens, I just lose 5s to swap mags, and I'm not in a catastrophic zeroing of the stage.

Deuce doesn't have rimlock issues, but I really hate loading the magazine because I'm spoiled and I have used the pull lever for so long, but after breaking in the mag, the Deuce mag loads fine, and doesn't have any of the above issues.

I like my 60 degree throws.
I run my Deuce faster than I run my Vudoo, it is smoother. Their action is fantastic.

My benchmark barrel on my Vudoo and the Vudoo chamber outshoots my Deuce's IBI by a little bit.
Ultimatum hasn't provided me an extra mag yet... having 1 mag isn't something I want to run a match with.

Vudoo's customer service is better, and they're local to the US.

If you live in Canada, buy a Deuce.
If you live in the US, probably buy a Vudoo.

Honest answer is nothing is perfect.

RimX doesn't have rimlock issues on their mag, but has issues if something happens and your round is in the chamber and you zero the stage trying to get the round out. While that has only happened like... maybe once per match I've seen someone hit it, it's pretty rare for someone to short stroke. Though I've seen this happen if someone pushes the mag on something and the round doesn't get control fed and instead pushed into the chamber, and then they have to stop and get a knife and pull the round out.

Vudoo has rimlock issues on their mags. Also they need a chassis that fits because their mags aren't adjustable. I run the Vudoo because I got my chassis to fit the action/mag, and I just pay attention while loading my mags. Also if rimlock happens, I just lose 5s to swap mags, and I'm not in a catastrophic zeroing of the stage.

Deuce doesn't have rimlock issues, but I really hate loading the magazine because I'm spoiled and I have used the pull lever for so long, but after breaking in the mag, the Deuce mag loads fine, and doesn't have any of the above issues.

I like my 60 degree throws.
I run my Deuce faster than I run my Vudoo, it is smoother. Their action is fantastic.

My benchmark barrel on my Vudoo and the Vudoo chamber outshoots my Deuce's IBI by a little bit.
Ultimatum hasn't provided me an extra mag yet... having 1 mag isn't something I want to run a match with.

Vudoo's customer service is better, and they're local to the US.

If you live in Canada, buy a Deuce.
If you live in the US, probably buy a Vudoo.
This is perfect, thank you. I'm not worried about accuracy as much as ergos and "up time" at matches. If I can get an extra mag from Ultimatum, I might just run the Deuce.

Rimlock issues aren't a thing on the vudoo
if you load the mags correctly. You can't just pull the follower to the bottom of the mag and throw rounds in.

Reactions: ccollier
Rimlock issues aren't a thing on the vudoo
if you load the mags correctly. You can't just pull the follower to the bottom of the mag and throw rounds in.

Agree, yet so many fail to do it right. I have no problem loading my mags, but I wouldn't trust my kid to load my mag. You can't screw up loading a Deuce mag and hard to screw up loading a RimX mag since the stack is diagonal.

Like littlepod said all of them have their weak points. I have a RimX and a Deuce. I run 15 round vudoo mags as my big mags in the RimX with the right follower they feed good. I dont like how easy it is to create rim lock or a bind in the vudoo mags if not staggered correctly.
For me the RimX has been the most reliable. They have the best mag on the market.

The Deuce is my favorite action. Once broke in its very smooth and impossible to bind the bolt. Its a tight smooth action thats very well thought out. The mags well it is impossible to create rim lock have cause me some issues feeding the flatnose Eley. After some tinkering I've modified my mags and they now feed 100% I understand that Ultimatum is working on a updated mag.

All three can be perfect or fail based on setup.

Reactions: Matt_3479
Hoping to add a deuce to the line up for next season. Been shooting the vudoo and loving it, shooting buddy has the rimx, so naturally we just need to throw a deuce in there!!

Hoping to add a deuce to the line up for next season. Been shooting the vudoo and loving it, shooting buddy has the rimx, so naturally we just need to throw a deuce in there!!
I like your thinking. How will you know what's best without data for primary research?

Reactions: Matt_3479
Agree, yet so many fail to do it right. I have no problem loading my mags, but I wouldn't trust my kid to load my mag. You can't screw up loading a Deuce mag and hard to screw up loading a RimX mag since the stack is diagonal.
For sure. The difference is the rim lock issues can be avoided before the clock ever starts. RimX short stroke issues happen on the clock.

Reactions: littlepod
Its not just Rim lock. If your not careful to have the rounds staggered the stack will jamb and not rise.

There are no excuses to short stroke the action. Thats a on you not a picky design. Yes it is the weakness of a RimX if you fail to do your part it can fail.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
There are no excuses to load your mags incorrectly because you were doing it off the clock with zero stress on you and all the time in the world. Thats a on you not a picky design. Yes it is the weakness of a Vudoo if you fail to do your part it can fail.

See what I did there. It isn't just short stroking. Like littlepod set above, any round that push feeds into the chamber will not be able to be extracted. All I was saying is that I would rather deal with a "platform quirk" before the timer goes off. Also, I've never had that stagger problem you described. Maybe it was a product of the older follower design?

I agree with what your saying. I also have no interest in creating a brand war. But I often have vudoo guys become very defensive of the vudoo setup and try and deny that there possibly could be a weakness its all the shooters fault. That is why I pushed you just a little. None of them are perfect all are very very good when set up correctly.

I had the black follower in a aluminum 15 rounder. One of the guys I shoot with regularly has a 360 he has the same binding issue with the red follower but if he loads with the special tool he has a 100% success rate.

I agree with what your saying. I also have no interest in creating a brand war. But I often have vudoo guys become very defensive of the vudoo setup and try and deny that there possibly could be a weakness its all the shooters fault. That is why I pushed you just a little. None of them are perfect all are very very good when set up correctly.

I had the black follower in a aluminum 15 rounder. One of the guys I shoot with regularly has a 360 he has the same binding issue with the red follower but if he loads with the special tool he has a 100% success rate.
I've never heard of that what is the "special tool"? I have 5 of the standard mags with red followers for my Three 60. I've only had one rimlock, and it was a mag my son in law loaded, lucky for us he was also the one running the bolt for that mag. He learned the loading lesson in one go.

I've never heard of that what is the "special tool"? I have 5 of the standard mags with red followers for my Three 60. I've only had one rimlock, and it was a mag my son in law loaded, lucky for us he was also the one running the bolt for that mag. He learned the loading lesson in one go.
Its the loading tool I believe that vudoo includes with their rifles now. Looks sorta like this
Screenshot_20211124-161403_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowpokey
Must be new, I just got mine in August and it didn't come with anything like that. I looked on VGW website, they don't have it listed in accessories. 🤨

I
Must be new, I just got mine in August and it didn't come with anything like that. I looked on VGW website, they don't have it listed in accessories. 🤨
Dont know if they have on the website anywhere or not. I know a few guys who have found the only way to run aluminum mags reliably is to use the "tool". Polymer mags dont seem to be a issue.

Reactions: Cowpokey
I like your thinking. How will you know what's best without data for primary research?
Exactly! Been telling my wife that with the centerfire rifles/actions and she hasn’t left me yet so what’s the difference with rimfire right!!

My Ultimatum is running great with the new mags. I guess this thread will die in the never ending pile of everything becomes a Vudoo threads.

Reactions: Hegre and Gleedus
Here's a great example of when shit goes wrong, no way to easily recover on a RimX -

To clarify, this issue has been fixed with their updated parts, right? I'm still on the fence between the Deuce and the RimX, but I've been waiting for someone to do a direct comparison video. Does anyone know of any?

To clarify, this issue has been fixed with their updated parts, right? I'm still on the fence between the Deuce and the RimX, but I've been waiting for someone to do a direct comparison video. Does anyone know of any?
I have both and could do one. In short. I have 7204 round through the Deuce and 15445 through the RimX.

Action reliability goes to the deuce because if you short stroke a RimX you will cause a jamb. The first RimX extractors only lasted about 3000 rounds but the new one I'm at 9500 and going strong.
Action smoothness goes to the Deuce. Having the 1 piece bolt body rear locking lugs its impossible to bind the bolt.
Action compatability. Goes to the RimX not all scope mounts work on the Deuce or you will tend to get ejection issues. The cases hit the mount and bounce back in. Most mounts can be modified to work. The section of rail above the action port has no pics so if your like me and move scopes alot its a little annoying not being able to have a perfect reference point to reinstall. Not all mounts are affected depending on where the recoil lug is.

Feeding reliability goes to the RimX. This is mainly mag related. Nobody comes close to the RimX for mag quality period. Both Deuce and RimX mags are not sensitive to how you load them. But the feed angle in the Deuce mags change based on how many rounds are in the mag making Eley EPS line nearly impossible to feed reliably. Round nose ammo can be made feed somewhat ok.
I have quit using the Deuce. I prefer the action but the feeding reliability makes it a hard no for me. As a canadian i really wanted it to work and spend alot of time trying to make work. I modified the mags and had 5000 rounds of awesomeness but as they wore it began to fail again. If they fix the mags I will revisit.
Until then I highly recommend the RimX set the mag height per there directions and it just works.
My 2 cents on the matter.

Does anyone happen to have the tenon files for the Deuce? I've contacted Ultimatum and IBI multiple times, no response. Mine is currently at the gunsmith trying to tune out the loading issues that @Gleedus listed above but the gunsmith needs the specs.

Does anyone happen to have the tenon files for the Deuce? I've contacted Ultimatum and IBI multiple times, no response. Mine is currently at the gunsmith trying to tune out the loading issues that @Gleedus listed above but the gunsmith needs the specs.
You will not beable to "tune" out. If you go with a huge headspace temporarily you might but its not a solution. Also the large head-space has other negatives.
Did you buy a action only that you dont have a tendon to look at? Its a rather simple setup.

You will not beable to "tune" out. If you go with a huge headspace temporarily you might but its not a solution. Also the large head-space has other negatives.
Did you buy a action only that you dont have a tendon to look at? Its a rather simple setup.
It’s the barreled action with IBI barrel and Eley EPS chamber.

It’s the barreled action with IBI barrel and Eley EPS chamber.
Then he shouldnt need the tendon file as he has a tendon. Only changes he can make are headspace which he can do with the barrel nut anyway. If you have a shouldered prefit he can very easy shorten the smaller diameter tendon following the existing cone to increase head space. You will only beable to open headspace 0.010" aprox (depending on current headspace) before you start getting other issues. Miss fire, poor velocity consistency, poor extraction etc. Pointless exercise. A slight chamfer on chamber mouth may help but only for a few rounds until the mag wears in.

A modified vudoo mag will be less cost and fuss. Shortening the feed lips might be required but if you want to deal with vudoo mags it can work.

Well with 1000 rounds through the barrel it seems to be shooting great at 50 and 100 on paper and no problems smacking steel at 200-300. I did do a little group testing at 200-300 but with the winds this afternoon it was proving challenging so I will retest in a week or so early when the winds are low. 1000 rounds with only 1 jam today. Using modified vudoo mags.

76336FEE-4DF7-49BD-8A88-24EFF2225816.jpeg
E1B19830-913D-49F6-8D38-1638B8007D7E.jpeg
C20C5D19-C31F-4C7A-BC25-2EC9C31537BE.jpeg
C6134F06-0B06-44BD-976D-A3EF67640000.jpeg
7DE35788-D941-4BAA-A72E-6317A91EBC17.jpeg
3177CC57-2774-416B-9C67-1DE1730FBE19.jpeg
FCFB643D-CAFA-44FC-9E39-503B8FEDA1E5.jpeg
D1856F26-6017-4135-843E-14D0C0A11C12.jpeg

Reactions: Dawhit and FWoo45
Matt
I posted on accurate shooter , give us some build specs , impressive

Matt
I posted on accurate shooter , give us some build specs , impressive

I worked with Ryan over at international barrels on my vudoo 360 build and while building tbat one we planned this one. So with Ryan’s help he put together an ultimatum deuce action, ibi 1:12 twist 22” straight. It’s bouncing back and fourth between an mdt acc and manners prs1t, trigger tech diamond, apex rival 4-32x56mm.