• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes VORTEX OPTICS AWARDED OTA FOR THE US ARMY’S COMPETITIVELY SOLICITED NEXT GENERATION SQUAD WEAPON FIRE CONTROL

Again,as I replied to the other member,I get rubbed when a non vet pog has to over inflate Veteran owned into an entire paragraph.

I earned the right to my tag or whatever you want to call it.
Why not cheapen it some more and insert Tactical while they're at it.

"Non vet pog" wtf is that? Where were your combat deployments from 80-84? Spend a month in Lebanon or Grenada lol. You must be a real hardened warrior.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
"Where were your combat deployments from 80-84? Spend a month in Lebanon or Grenada lol. You must be a real hardened warrior.... :rolleyes:
I spent close to a year in Lebanon.
When I was 20 years old I had the pleasure of helping dig 241 of my friends out of a collapsed building.
Don't call my valor into this thread because I didn't spend time in the middle east.
I find talking shit about another Vets burden that he carries pretty fucking despicable.

I spent close to a year in Lebanon.
When I was 20 years old I had the pleasure of helping dig 241 of my friends out of a collapsed building.
Don't call my valor into this thread because I didn't spend time in the middle east.
I find talking shit about another Vets burden that he carries pretty fucking despicable.

You mean exactly what you were doing with your shitty non vet pog comment?

It fixed,hero won.
Screenshot_20200421-225329_Firefox.jpg

As more information comes out on this scope I think we'll all be super impressed. When compared to all the features separately, this unit will be lighter and all in one durable package made right here in the USA (which isn't cheap but glad Vortex went this route). We have all wondered why the Vortex AMG group has been somewhat quiet over the last few years since the introduction of the 6-24 and this is probably a big reason why. Yes, I sure would like my dream AMG - lightweight 4-20x50 scope but if it means we had to wait a little bit so our soldiers could get optics and tech like this, well some may disagree but I'm all for that. This NGSW weapon sight is not just a 1-8 with a built in LRF and HUD, it is much more than that and I think y'all will be pleasantly surprised as more information is made available. Vortex built this so that if the electronics go down, the scope can still be used as a 1-8x30 with a FFP reticle but when the electronics are working it's going to be much more than a HUD and very different from what has come before. Exciting times, not just for our military, but for the trickle down that will occur out of this.

Reactions: Eliteuas
So they took a line to tell the grunt who probably won't see the press release that they may have done the same thing at one time. I'd rather see this with a "Made in USA" stipulation. Second biggest military contracts mistake from the Clinton Administration.
Yeah, Vortex makes their scopes in Japan, China and the PI. If COVID-19 and Pres Trump has taught us anything, it’s that we need to get our manufacturing and supply chains back in the USA!

Yeah, Vortex makes their scopes in Japan, China and the PI. If COVID-19 and Pres Trump has taught us anything, it’s that we need to get our manufacturing and supply chains back in the USA!

Clearly you don't know about the AMG line. Try again. If it helps, it is covered earlier in the thread by @Rob01 that this is made in the USA.

Clearly you don't know about the AMG line. Try again. If it helps, it is covered earlier in the thread by @Rob01 that this is made in the USA.
From what I understand, from the beginning, Vortex's parts were sub-sourced. Many in China under strict QC control. Which is better than your average Chinese made scopes. I've bought a couple Chinese copy scopes to see how they worked and they didn't last.

Vortex has been able to use the "made in the USA" logo as they assemble the entire scope here. That being the majority of the labor it fits with that US trade program. I do personally know that Vortex stands behind their warranty and pretty quick too. I sent my Viper PST in and in three weeks had it back FIXED and had an explanation of what was wrong and what they did to repair it. I still have it and use it a lot.

Now, the issue I have, and I am not right by any means, is that I understand the sub-sourced parts come from a nation we might be involved in a non-violent trade -war, or perhaps an actual conflict over international territories and right to move through those areas free of harm. This isn't good to alocate a contract to a company where WE, the USA, are not in complete control over all acquisition of the entire product.

I would hope that everything is sub-sourced in the USA, or at least friendly trading partners. Good luck to Vortex on this endeavor.

Reactions: Steel head
From what I understand, from the beginning, Vortex's parts were sub-sourced. Many in China under strict QC control. Which is better than your average Chinese made scopes. I've bought a couple Chinese copy scopes to see how they worked and they didn't last.

Vortex has been able to use the "made in the USA" logo as they assemble the entire scope here. That being the majority of the labor it fits with that US trade program. I do personally know that Vortex stands behind their warranty and pretty quick too. I sent my Viper PST in and in three weeks had it back FIXED and had an explanation of what was wrong and what they did to repair it. I still have it and use it a lot.

Now, the issue I have, and I am not right by any means, is that I understand the sub-sourced parts come from a nation we might be involved in a non-violent trade -war, or perhaps an actual conflict over international territories and right to move through those areas free of harm. This isn't good to alocate a contract to a company where WE, the USA, are not in complete control over all acquisition of the entire product.

I would hope that everything is sub-sourced in the USA, or at least friendly trading partners. Good luck to Vortex on this endeavor.

Wrong. AGAIN, some of the cheaper line are chinese but that is it. PST are Philippines, and Razor are Japan and final assembly in US. AMG line is MADE and assembled in the US except for the reticle. Only part that is not USA MADE.

Come on man you been around long enough to know all this.

Hi, this is Dave at Vortex Optics. I don't know where this keeps coming out from but it's absolutely false rumors. What we mark on our scopes is exactly correct. The AMG does NOT have sub-sourced parts coming form China or anywhere else outside the USA. Other than the reticle, which is made in Germany (and marked as such on the scope), everything is coming from the USA. Every part that can be machined is being machined, in-house, right here in Barneveld, Wisconsin. Lenses are ground, polished, and coated in the USA, illumination and electronics are being made in the USA, springs are being made in the USA (actually Wisconsin), even the lens covers are completely made in Wisconsin. We also assemble the scopes in Barneveld, Wisconsin...but again, it's not just assembly of parts made in China...we make the parts in the USA (other than the reticle) AND assemble the scope in the USA. There is no smoke-and-mirrors with the AMG (or any of our other products for that matter). Oh, and the Active Reticle™ is very much the same...Made in USA, other than a few components coming from allied countries (i.e. not Asia).

Hi, this is Dave at Vortex Optics. I don't know where this keeps coming out from but it's absolutely false rumors. What we mark on our scopes is exactly correct. The AMG does NOT have sub-sourced parts coming form China or anywhere else outside the USA. Other than the reticle, which is made in Germany (and marked as such on the scope), everything is coming from the USA. Every part that can be machined is being machined, in-house, right here in Barneveld, Wisconsin. Lenses are ground, polished, and coated in the USA, illumination and electronics are being made in the USA, springs are being made in the USA (actually Wisconsin), even the lens covers are completely made in Wisconsin. We also assemble the scopes in Barneveld, Wisconsin...but again, it's not just assembly of parts made in China...we make the parts in the USA (other than the reticle) AND assemble the scope in the USA. There is no smoke-and-mirrors with the AMG (or any of our other products for that matter). Oh, and the Active Reticle™ is very much the same...Made in USA, other than a few components coming from allied countries (i.e. not Asia).
Rob01 and Dave. Thank you for the clarity. I was not even aware of the AMG line. And considering the circumstances, congratulations on the contract! A lot of changes have been made over the last 12 years. Good ones. I'm glad to see this going into the hands of our warfighters.

Dave,

That information came out years ago when I first started seeing Vortex on the shelves and online stores. Vortex put out a video explaining the process front to back. Some parts were machined in China. According to your video. But, the video also showed your QC over there, and that the scope parts were brought here and assembled. Years ago, I bought a Crossfire 6-24? for $99.00 from MidwayUSA I believe. I wasn't disappointed. A couple years later I bought Viper PST. Again, not disappointed. I was really impressed with your warranty. That's the scope you had back to me 3 weeks. And still another Viper four years ago.

So yeah, I'm glad to see you're making it all here in the US. I would think with machining today, you would be better off making parts here, anyway. That way if something was wrong, there is not a huge lag time in getting the part you need to fix it without storing a million of them in a warehouse. Labor isn't the big cost anymore. Which is usually the reason for outsourcing parts.

Makes sense Sandwarrior. Thanks for being a Vortex customer!
You are welcome! And, I am a happy customer. I guess without saying that years ago, the parts being assembled here acted as a secondary QC. The final product was looked at and approved where WE the customer had something we could do if it wasn't right. I've known a number of people who bought Vortex Viper PST's and had no issue. When I had an issue it was made right in remarkable time.

Yes, I'll continue to be a Vortex customer.

OTA awards are like the sketchiest mechanism possible to award. Literally 90% of the paperwork and red tape gone.

Looks like they'll be competing with L3/Harris... and... I wonder who else...? Could be very interesting ;)!

Reactions: scharfschutze762
Dang, there goes more of my money once this hits the civilian shelves. I’m also looking forward to integration with higher power scopes.

Vortex/Dave. I hope you all knock this out of the park and set a new standard. Best of luck to you. Just don’t forget the rest of us!

Integrated ranging with a sensing ballistics brain could speed up shot analytics my a massive margin. My bolt gun is already heavy enough it won’t notice the weight. My small frame AR platforms may find the Military configuration a bit unwieldy (for me), but I could see this perfectly sitting pretty on top a large frame AR. I want one either way.

I do agree with you on the sourcing of parts

On contracts like this one, the government usually pays close attention to where subassemblies are made.

For my dayjob, I do a lot of stuff that ultimately supports targeting systems on drones. There are some generic things I can get cheaper in China, so I always offer the customer that option, clearly defining what comes from where. This is one of those things where my personal preferences make no difference whatsoever. It comes down to how much they are willing to pay. They invariably choose to pay more in order to minimize content of Chinese origin.

ILya

OTA awards are like the sketchiest mechanism possible to award. Literally 90% of the paperwork and red tape gone.
Not really. They are for prototypes and GDGO spec products. Why should a company invest millions or billions in R&D to find out the tech is crap or the .gov doesn't want it?

They are fantastic contracting vehicles for this type of work. There is a reason every branch is setting up these rapid labs all over the country to try and be DARPA Light.

Dang, there goes more of my money once this hits the civilian shelves. I’m also looking forward to integration with higher power scopes.

Vortex/Dave. I hope you all knock this out of the park and set a new standard. Best of luck to you. Just don’t forget the rest of us!

Integrated ranging with a sensing ballistics brain could speed up shot analytics my a massive margin. My bolt gun is already heavy enough it won’t notice the weight. My small frame AR platforms may find the Military configuration a bit unwieldy (for me), but I could see this perfectly sitting pretty on top a large frame AR. I want one either way.
Don't worry. Based on the specs alone this thing will probably be $10K+ easy.

Ah, come on now. Let's hit them with paperwork before they figure everything out.
Hey Scott @LibertyOptics. Snipershide pre-group buy? :LOL: Put the orders in and maybe they'll get lost in the shuffle.

Ah, come on now. Let's hit them with paperwork before they figure everything out.
Hey Scott @LibertyOptics. Snipershide pre-group buy? :LOL: Put the orders in and maybe they'll get lost in the shuffle.

Hey we can dream...maybe they will even make me the exclusive USA dealer of such.....boy that would stir things up, wouldn't it?:devilish:

Reactions: GTOJOSH and G-Dog