• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27x56mm Gen II T&E Report

OK - Just got mine today and it's all that it appears to be. But I didn't get a cool tool, just a crummy allen wrench.

Should be mounted and shooting by Friday and shooting our September paper match, September Surefire match and our September steel match

OK - Just got mine today and it's all that it appears to be. But I didn't get a cool tool, just a crummy allen wrench.

Should be mounted and shooting by Friday and shooting our September paper match, September Surefire match and our September steel match

PM Scott at Vortex, he may already be aware of your situation since he monitors a lot of the Vortex threads. LEt him know you didn't get one.

He contacted me when I commented I didn't get one and it was in my mailbox in 2 days.

photo-5.jpg

DJ I didn't get one either but not a big deal. Might not have been in the boxes of the first units out but nice they are coming out now.

I'm looking forward to when EuroOptics gets their shipment. I got a rifle that is screaming for some eyes. (AX338MC)

These threads are killing me! I went ahead and purchased a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50mm as these were a few months out form being available. The XRS is a nice scope but I'm not blown away by any means. It tracks great and I like the reticle (G2) but the glass leaves me wanting a bit more on the higher magnification. It gets pretty dark beyond 25 power. I can see the reticle markings clearly, even though the lines in the reticle appear to have been drawn by my little girl. I'm really considering buying one of these and putting it side by side with my XRS. If I feel it's $800 better I'll just exercise Bushnell's money back warranty and keep the Vortex. Decisions, decisions.......... Thanks for the overview!!

I've got a 3x18 and 4.5x27 on order from vortex I'm jealous to say the least lol
Looks like they have a definite winner on thier hands. The one I got to handle this summer was prerelease and it sold itself. The wait might be tough but well worth it . Vortex is hands down the best optics company around they listen to thier customers and back the products they produce with an iron clad warranty.

Jordan@406

it appears that these scopes are slowing getting into end user's hands - that is great news, I'm super excited to get mine. but, all of the folks that already have theirs appear to have ordered the mil/mil versions - can anyone confirm that moa/moa versions are out there too?

it appears that these scopes are slowing getting into end user's hands - that is great news, I'm super excited to get mine. but, all of the folks that already have theirs appear to have ordered the mil/mil versions - can anyone confirm that moa/moa versions are out there too?
Talked to a couple vendors today that are sponsors here and they have not received one single scope in moa yet. Not saying they are not being delivered but I do not know how they are being distributed. So take that for what it's worth.

It definitely looks like they intended to supply the Mils first. It does make sense since the majority here are mil users. I'm waiting on an MOA myself.

Last edited:

I've got the moa/moa 2c. Posted some pics on another thread. Got lucky and ordered it from a good vendor, but the mils do seem more prevalent

I've got the moa/moa 2c. Posted some pics on another thread. Got lucky and ordered it from a good vendor, but the mils do seem more prevalent

Lucky guy!!! Can you share the link with those pics please.

A small quantity came in today and we are filling some back orders right now.

IMG_20140827_123442_zps8ncq0v3r.jpg

IMG_20140827_124408_zpsetxrxxex.jpg

IMG_20140827_124225_zpsdmj3fxay.jpg

Last edited:
He said he was off to a match and that it was best to order off the site.

I checked his site that day to see if he had any MOA versions. All he had were the MRAD variants (EBR-2C Version was in stock). Later that day when I looked again, they had changed to out of stock, so I am guessing he only has those two he showed a picture of and sold them that day.

He said he was off to a match and that it was best to order off the site.

True but before that line it said call now and we will ship today if you want to be technical.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"

-- Unknown

True but before that line it said call now and we will ship today if you want to be technical.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"

-- Unknown
I saw that, his post was kinda misleading saying to call then to order off the site. I tried to help the best I could lol

-- Unknown

...that post was made 5 days ago, regarding a scope that is in high demand. It sold out the day he posted that message.

got my scope Monday from OTM. thanks for the super fast shipping Mark!

Very nice review! I just backordered an EBR-1C from Scott at Liberty Optics. He was hoping to see some in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that it happens. I don't know if I can wait much longer.

James you can always stop by and visit mine ;)

Very nice review! I just backordered an EBR-1C from Scott at Liberty Optics. He was hoping to see some in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that it happens. I don't know if I can wait much longer.

Good luck. I have had the same scope on backorder since feb.

Good luck. I have had the same scope on backorder since feb.

With Liberty Optics?

I've heard great things about him. Hopefully it comes through.

Local shop has one in MOA in stock, but i wanted MIL....maybe though the MOA is calling my name.

Last edited:
James you can always stop by and visit mine ;)

Hey Rob. Didnt even realize you were in CT. There's an MOA version locally I've fondled and I think I'm grabbing it tomorrow :). Now if my rifle would ship I'd be happy. Already picked up the Medium Plus height rings.

Hey Rob. Didnt even realize you were in CT. There's an MOA version locally I've fondled and I think I'm grabbing it tomorrow :). Now if my rifle would ship I'd be happy. Already picked up the Medium Plus height rings.

Nice. Where in CT they selling them? Not looking to grab it before you but just wondering. ;)