• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

The current version of the single shot adapter works perfectly. People with big meaty fingers might have trouble single shot feeding into that little port and you have to be careful not to set the round in too deep because you can miss the trough and have to fish the round back out. Now you're trying to grab the round with TWO fingers which has little chance or catching it with a fingernail of your small finger. You get used to it and I have used it since the first day with my repeater.

The adapter is a very precise fit.

It does make cleaning the breech face a little more difficult.

Pricey at $69 plus shipping.
Why spend the extra money when the Vudoo will load straight into the chamber. Doesn't even touch the sphincter.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
I am into my 5th week waiting for my Vudoo rifle. I am salivating
Ordered April 29. Estimated 6 week build time. June 10 was 6 weeks. Currently checking email for shipping notification about every 20 minutes. Greg has been great throughout process and I've been good about only bothering him a couple dozen times.

Reactions: CBeck
Ordered April 29. Estimated 6 week build time. June 10 was 6 weeks. Currently checking email for shipping notification about every 20 minutes. Greg has been great throughout process and I've been good about only bothering him a couple dozen times.
Full build or barreled action? I’ve been checking my email pretty frequently too

Full build.

Vudoo green 18in kukri, Triggertech Diamond, urban camo Grayboe Ridgeback, Atlas bipod, NF ATACR. Silencerco Sparrow currently in jail.

I've given up on pretending to patiently wait. Twice around the house on mower, check email, repeat.
🤣 I know exactly what you mean! I can focus real well right now while I’m being politely impatient

Why spend the extra money when the Vudoo will load straight into the chamber. Doesn't even touch the sphincter.
My reason is to use BDL bottom metal in a GRS Sporter stock.
P1010017_DxO.jpg

I single feed primarily so I don't handle the round any more than necessary and less chance of disturbing the lube trying to load magazines. Also, I don't have to own a bunch of magazines. I can just load one at a time to infinity. Steady cadence, uniform heat in the barrel. I shoot solely from a bench.

I’m ready for them to announce the newer A.I. model (AXSR) but almost can’t contain it, might have to beg PX for a AiAX 16.5” with 16 Handguards...Take my money damnit

I got the 26" stainless steel model as it makes it easier to control the direction the camera is facing. This borescope makes you realize how important cleaning is. I use a boresnake after each day at the range and a deep clean after each 500-750 rounds. this seems to control the carbon ring and eliminate that issue.

Another week gone by and still no shipping notice. :(
Same here. I did get a notification that Altus got a lefty in stock but I’ve waited this long it has to be close. The wait has cost me more money because I put the scope I bought for the vudoo on my match rifle and ordered another to put on the vudoo.

Reactions: T.Kay
We originally got one to share.... that didn’t work so well, so now my son and I have our own..

Attachments

• 85CB1B6A-D9EB-493D-B511-4DECC6A81B0D.jpeg
    85CB1B6A-D9EB-493D-B511-4DECC6A81B0D.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 174
Oh kid, it is a V22, it is just a Chipmunk model. See, mine is squirrel size and yours is a cute little chipmunk. That toilet paper roll on top is a lil Night Force...see?

Reactions: STex
I read through a lot of this thread, but does anyone else have FTE's with rounds that load with no issue? IE running SK std, RM, even center X, sometimes after firing a round, and cycling the bolt, the extractor doesn't pull the spent casing out of the chamber, this is problematic in a timed stage when having to drop the mag and manually pull the casing out of the chamber.

I read through a lot of this thread, but does anyone else have FTE's with rounds that load with no issue? IE running SK std, RM, even center X, sometimes after firing a round, and cycling the bolt, the extractor doesn't pull the spent casing out of the chamber, this is problematic in a timed stage when having to drop the mag and manually pull the casing out of the chamber.

I have a little over 1000 rounds through my Vudoo and I have not had a failure to extract. I’ve shot FGMM, CX, SK Rifle and SK LR Match.

I have two, the second one has had no issues thus far, however it would seem to my untrained finger that the extractor spring is quite a bit stiffer on the second than the one with the issue? This is purely a guess based on feel as I can see nothing different between the two.

I have two, the second one has had no issues thus far, however it would seem to my untrained finger that the extractor spring is quite a bit stiffer on the second than the one with the issue? This is purely a guess based on feel as I can see nothing different between the two.

2000 rounds through my Vudoo and never had a single extraction issue. I've short stroked it and had a feed issue before (user error) but never had an extraction issue. Since you have 2 and one works and one doesn't, seems pretty easy to just have Vudoo fix it since you know it's not user error :)

one thing I have not tried is bolt 2 in gun 1... and vice versa...
How old is the action that's giving you extraction issues? Some of the very first V-22 actions had issues that were easily remedied by some minor filing on the extractor/pusher pieces, rounding the ends of the plungers, and shortening the plunger springs. It took me about 30min to remove, modify, & replace those parts in my 1st action, and I haven't had a hiccup out of it in the 3yrs since then, with close to 5k rounds through it in that time. And if that makes it sound like I don't really shoot the V-22 that much, it's because I've got two newer V-22s, a CMP 40XB converted into a repeater to use V-22 mags, and several CZ457s, a couple of which I've done Shilen bbls for...so my 22RF shooting is spread over several rifles...

It is an earlier production run I believe.. in the 1300’s. We were able to get to the range today and verified this same procedure several times.

Gun 1, shooting Sk std +, failed to extract, drop mag... close bolt... no extract. Switch bolt with bolt from gun 2, close bolt... extract...

Gun 1 with bolt from gun two, ran about 50 rounds, no FTE... switch back to its bolt, FTE in first few mags...

Strange thing is that bolt 1 in gun 2 never produced a FTE...

That's well within the range of s/n actions that had extractor/pusher issues. If your other action was made 300-400 numbers later, it should have the modified parts in the bolt nose. You should compare the back corners of the extractor & pusher of the problematic action to those of the newer action. Updated parts will have that back corner radiused to the extent that they can't possibly contact the bolt bore while holding the rim of a cartridge. That's the most easily identifiable part of the updated parts, and it's very likely that if they have that portion radiused, the other modifications (such as a rounded front face of the extractor & pusher plungers, as opposed to a flat-faced plunger. If your older action does not have those updated parts, you should call VGW and talk with customer service about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight... Here are photos of both bolts. Poor photography ..

Attachments

• E666A1A5-9DF5-40FE-AC77-FE9FE6403296.jpeg
    E666A1A5-9DF5-40FE-AC77-FE9FE6403296.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 169
@fencewire , I had this extraction issue some time ago, and @RAVAGE88 sent me the updated extractor kit. He also sent me a little cellphone video showing how to swap the pieces. When you get your kit, PM me and I'll send you the video. I've cleared this offer with Mike. The video does the job but it wasn't "produced" with wide distribution in mind. However, when you deal with Vudoo and you have a problem, first&foremost is getting the problem solved.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Please excuse my crude photo of the parts, but time is short... The upper extractor (on the left) and pusher (on the right) have had the 'corners' - for lack of a better term - radiused, while the bottom pair have not. A little explanation of my terminology - the 'foot' of these parts is the bottom part that fits into the bolt nose, and are not visible until they're removed from the bolt. The corners I'm talking about are on the backside of the parts, at the point of the transition between the upper portion where the extractor hook or pusher faces are located, and the foot. Visualize how these parts move as they have a cartridge case rim shoved up between them as it's fed out of a magazine - they both pivot outward as the rim puts pressure on their faces. That corner I keep talking about can rub against the bolt bore of the action as this happens - a tiny amount of contact, but contact nonetheless. If this contact occurs, when the cartridge case is pulled back to the point where it contacts the ejector after firing, it makes it basically impossible for the extractor & pusher to spring back a tiny bit to more easily release the empty case and allow it to fly out of the ejection port cleanly.

The plungers are the small rods to the left of the other parts in the photo; they bear on the notch in the foot, with the plunger springs kept concentric to the plunger axis by riding on the smaller diameter spring seat at the rear of each plunger. The face of the top plunger has an angle (should be a radius, but they're so tiny I had a hard time holding them and wound up with more of an angle instead of a radius on this one). The bottom plunger hasn't been modified, and so has a flat face. There's a certain amount of 'break-out' force that has to be applied to the working faces of the extractor & plunger before they'll overcome the spring pressure on the plungers and pivot enough to allow a case rim to either be pushed up between them when it's fed out of the magazine, or to release a fired case when it hits the ejector as the bolt is retracted after firing. Reducing the area of the plunger face by cutting a radius on it reduces the amount of pressure it requires to constitute the 'break-out' and allow the extractor/pusher to pivot and pick up or release the case head. So, not only do these modifications make ejection more reliable, they can also contribute to smoother feeding. Paul sent me a text containing perhaps the same video that DownhillFromHere mentions in his reply above, and working with a Dremel tool and magnifying headset, it was relatively simple to duplicate the mods he described. But as Mike said, with the updated extractor kit, it's a fairly simple process to swap out the original parts for the new ones.

Attachments

• DSC_0246.JPG
    DSC_0246.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 102
I have a Vudoo rifle on order, with a MPA BA Comp chassis. I am looking at the two different models of bag riders made by MPA for this chassis. Does anyone have any recommendation for which rider works best with a Protektor rear bag?

Appreciate any recommendation you might have.

Thanks!

Same here. I did get a notification that Altus got a lefty in stock but I’ve waited this long it has to be close. The wait has cost me more money because I put the scope I bought for the vudoo on my match rifle and ordered another to put on the vudoo.
😢 8 weeks and 1 day into a into a build estimated at 6 weeks. But... everyday is a day closer.

Reactions: CBeck
Welp. My estimated wait time from my order on Tuesday is 10-12 weeks. So at least you are better off than me! Enjoy the schadenfreude!

Reactions: JCHayes and T.Kay
😢 8 weeks and 1 day into a into a build estimated at 6 weeks. But... everyday is a day closer.
Tomorrow makes 8 weeks for me. On the plus side it's given me time to buy a pretty decent amount of ammo that I won't be able to find any more of the same lot of once it does get here lol.

R99:

I have used it. Easy to install and remove. Worked. No problem inserting or ejecting round. For me the motivation was being able to use the V22 in a GRS stock with BDL bottom metal.

Rick
did you want the to use the BDL for some reason? I slapped mine in a GRS Hybrid and it just took a little chisel and dremel work to get the DBM to fit
20200215_154959.jpg

IDK what it is about that stock but I have always loved it
I highly recommend it. The offset grip has the most comfortable and confident feel. and with a few coats of gunstock oil it looks even more amazing. The girlfriend gets mad jealous when she finds it in bed with me.

Reactions: 10ring1
did you want the to use the BDL for some reason? I slapped mine in a GRS Hybrid and it just took a little chisel and dremel work to get the DBM to fitView attachment 7359222
@Tzadkiel:

To have a smoothly rounded contour for the stock in front of the trigger guard for shooting standing offhand.
P1010017_DxO.jpg

For supported shooting I would use a Hybrid. GRS laminated stocks fit me to a "T".

Rick

Reactions: mrt949