• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I took the plunge also! Mine is due Jan 11. I also just changed my order from a 22" Shilen to a 22" ACE. Hope that wasn't a mistake....
I’m sure you will be quite happy with the Ace barrel man. Those boys at VGW know how to turn out some barrels that flat out shoot

Reactions: STex and GTI
I've read through a ton of this thread, but could have missed it with 138 pages so far. So, I apologize if I missed this topic.

Has anyone had a barrel chambered to run the CCI SV ammo. I know it's not anywhere near the stuff that most of you guys are running, and would be less accurate, but my appetite for shooting goes down considerably as the cost of ammo goes up. I think it would be awesome to have a barrel set up for the CCI SV so that it would feed it and eject it smoothly. I also have a very early Vudoo from 2017, so maybe there have been updates so CCI SV works better, I'm not sure.

What do you guys think? Anyone else interested? Anyone already figured this out?
I have shot well over 15k rounds of cci sv in my vudoo. Other than less accuracy and consistency and a bit harder bolt close i have had zero fail to feed or extract. Mine is 13 months old so maybe its different from yours?
Would i rather shoot center x or sk of course. But had i done that my last years ammo bill would have been over 4 k .
I bought cci sv when it was 220 a case and stocked up.
Of the 3 bricks of center x i bought with my rifle i have 1 left .Use it for special occasions.

Reactions: STex
Officially stopped being a peon and joined the vudoo masterrace today.
22” mtu
MPA ESR
TT Diamond flat shoe

39D44980-7618-4617-B15F-562522EBDD97.jpeg

I just got my zco 420 on Monday now waiting on the barreled action going in a MPA lite chassis
Can't wait. I plan on using a TT special any issues with this trigger heard that some people had
Problems

20" Bartlein MTU

Reactions: squishee
Other than my title being incorrect, this turned out awesome and is a teaser to the upcoming Shooting Gallery TV Show sometime early 2021.
@lowlight

MB

Last edited:
This makes my wait time, excruciating. I'm looking at the end of February for my new Vudoo.

I just got my zco 420 on Monday now waiting on the barreled action going in a MPA lite chassis
Can't wait. I plan on using a TT special any issues with this trigger heard that some people had
Problems

20" Bartlein MTU

I think that’s been resolved, it may need a different sear. Worth it to have VGW to stick the trigger on it if you’re worried.

This makes my wait time, excruciating. I'm looking at the end of February for my new Vudoo.
Good luck. I was initially told 3 months and I'm over 5 months now and nothing.

Good luck. I was initially told 3 months and I'm over 5 months now and nothing.
That's disheartening. Although I hate waiting as much as anyone, I guess I don't mind waiting on perfection. Also curious if you ordered something special?

I have shot well over 15k rounds of cci sv in my vudoo. Other than less accuracy and consistency and a bit harder bolt close i have had zero fail to feed or extract. Mine is 13 months old so maybe its different from yours?
Would i rather shoot center x or sk of course. But had i done that my last years ammo bill would have been over 4 k .
I bought cci sv when it was 220 a case and stocked up.
Of the 3 bricks of center x i bought with my rifle i have 1 left .Use it for special occasions.

Mine feeds fine and ejects 97% or so with CCI SV, but the bolt close is hard due to it seating the lead on closing. It's very noticeable if you're trying to maintain sight picture. Not sure on the occasional occurrence of it not pulling the spent case from the chamber. Honestly, it's so infrequent compared to the Stiller 2500xr, that for a while, it seemed even more minor. The Stiller almost never pulled the case out, it was terrible. If I had a reamer, I would probably try it by hand.

Reactions: squishee
Anyone using a vudoo in a MDT ESS chassis? Seeing if the 18” barrel clears the fore end (full length - not the 15”) for putting a bigger bore silencer on it.

I hear what you're saying, but I can't use any chassis/stock and r700 trigger I have with a Tikka.
Bergara sells a barreled .22 action that has the same footprint as the R700. If you want to shoot lower cost ammo I recommend you look into it.

Bergara sells a barreled .22 action that has the same footprint as the R700. If you want to shoot lower cost ammo I recommend you look into it.
That’s what I just built while I wait for my Voodoo to get build. Is like waiting for a CAN to get out of jail.

Attachments

• EC566E8F-AD27-42AE-A734-FC5F97232DAC.jpeg
    EC566E8F-AD27-42AE-A734-FC5F97232DAC.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 126
Oh boy, this scares me. Mine is supposed to be here on 11/27. Did you order some exotic part that is holding it up?
I think Grayboe had backed up. I told VGW that I didn't mind waiting. What's important is that I get a first-rate rifle.

If anyone's looking for a bore guide I just got one from bore tech it was in stock not sure
How many they have though good for all 3 generations of actions

Thanks for the video!

I do have another question! Are any of the v22s modifications going to make an appearance on v3 v22? 60 deg bolt, 6 o'clock firing pin, etc?

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Great vid MB. I picked up the Xylo and it has an anti-rotation maglatch which is pretty sweet. I can push my Vudoo mag right into a barricade and have absolutely no problems.

Thanks Dude, I'd like to get a Xylo for a barreled action I have laying around.

MB

Reactions: NorthWesterner

How are the stock adjustments if say you dropped a handful of dirt or sand into it?

I’m sure Ted didn’t overlook this as he knows these stocks will be used in field. The only hands on I’ve had was at shot show. I really liked the adjustment and how it works in dirty conditions was the only question I had.

How are the stock adjustments if say you dropped a handful of dirt or sand into it?

I’m sure Ted didn’t overlook this as he knows these stocks will be used in field. The only hands on I’ve had was at shot show. I really liked the adjustment and how it works in dirty conditions was the only question I had.

The cheek piece I'm not so sure since it's a little gear that turns to lower and raise and I am guessing sand/dirt could possibly get stuck in there.

The LoP seems like it would be perfectly fine.

Reactions: BOISCOID
I can't say that I'm willing to try this out by dumping sand in it, but I have used it quite a bit in the wind out here in NM. The gear is actually pretty large for what it does and it's very robustly built. A grain or two of sand will be so small in relation that I don't think it would be even noticeable. The lunar dust that we have here hasn't affected it at all and I would think that larger particles would just fall away. The LOP system should be fine regardless of either type of dirt or dust.

Last edited:

i haven’t had any issues with the adjustments on my xylo nucleus with debris. Summer time dust was fine and same with snow. Though if you pull a dummy like me and let it freeze on the LOP over night in the truck you might need to let it thaw out.

Reactions: littlepod
Thanks for the video!

I do have another question! Are any of the v22s modifications going to make an appearance on v3 v22? 60 deg bolt, 6 o'clock firing pin, etc?

@RAVAGE88 I’m super curious about what features are coming in gen3. Im a big fan of a 60deg action since my primary rifle is a TRG. It’s probably the main reason I haven’t bought one yet.

HAHA! I think there will be a lot of people buying one with a 60* bolt throw and maybe the 6 oclock firing pin!

Reactions: skatz11
I've got a Gen1 that runs like a champ, but I want another!
Definitely interested in the next V22 evolution before buying another barreled action.
Also, anyone know whether the Sinister stock be opened for the MTU contour in a complete rifle build?

Speaking of wanting another - just yesterday I've played with a left handed action at a match and as a lefty.....I believe I've been missing out this entire time......

Now I need to convince 🎅 I've been good this year and give VGW a call.....but kinda afraid to hear the lead time on them...

Currently I have a 20" MTU in Cadex Defence Lite Competition Chassis, it's heavy...

Entertaining a proof barrel, but not sure if it would be a good choice for NRL22/X and Rimfire PRS type of shooting....since it seems like people put extra weights on their chassis....

Not sure on chassis but I do like MPA (got one on my cz455 and rem700)

Reactions: GTI
Speaking of wanting another - just yesterday I've played with a left handed action at a match and as a lefty.....I believe I've been missing out this entire time......

Now I need to convince 🎅 I've been good this year and give VGW a call.....but kinda afraid to hear the lead time on them...

Currently I have a 20" MTU in Cadex Defence Lite Competition Chassis, it's heavy...

Entertaining a proof barrel, but not sure if it would be a good choice for NRL22/X and Rimfire PRS type of shooting....since it seems like people put extra weights on their chassis....

Not sure on chassis but I do like MPA (got one on my cz455 and rem700)

The longer you wait, the longer the lead times :)

Don't get a Proof Barrel, it really doesn't make any sense unless you're trying to do a lightweight squirrel killer. Not only are you spending more on the barrel, it doesn't shoot as well as their Ace barrel, and you have to spend more money on weights...

Truth is what you said about the lead times!
Thanks for the insight about the proof barrels- i kind of figured that just wanted to see what others experience was...

A couple of years back, I ordered a V-22 bbl'd action with their ACE Ranch contour bbl, finished at 18". Was trying to built a lightweight sporter, and to that end, I put the bbl'd action in a Manners EH2 stock. Nothing against VGW or their ACE barrels - this one shot great. It's just that with the Ranch contour bbl, the rifle was really butt-heavy. I eventually pulled the Ranch bbl and replaced it with a Krieger #4 sporter contour that I finished at 22". It now balances right in front of the DBM, and is almost a pound heavier - this combination is quite a bit easier to shoot from the bench with a bipod while testing ammo - the extra weight up front makes it easier to break a shot without having the rifle move at the break, and I like it better in offhand than the butt-heavy feel. The V-22 action is heavy, and unless Mike & Paul decide it's worth trying to adapt it to being made of titanium, there's a limit on how light you can go with one. If a shooter really wants a lightweight sporter, might be better to look at building one on an action like the CZ457...

Reactions: Badjujuu
The longer you wait, the longer the lead times :)

Don't get a Proof Barrel, it really doesn't make any sense unless you're trying to do a lightweight squirrel killer. Not only are you spending more on the barrel, it doesn't shoot as well as their Ace barrel, and you have to spend more money on weights...
My proof shoots pretty goo

Anyone running their Vudoo in a Manners TCS stock?
I'm interested in using a 20" barrel and would like to know by how far the muzzle will clear the ARCA rail. I don't see that spec listed on Manners web page.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I'm interested in using a 20" barrel and would like to know by how far the muzzle will clear the ARCA rail. I don't see that spec listed on Manners web page.

I am, with a 20" barrel and it's friggin awesome.

49022-E20-D9-CE-480-B-83-D3-B53-E614753-E7.jpg

MB

Last edited:

Here is a PRS2 stock with a 12" ARCA rail on it and an 18" barrel. So add 2" to the rail and 2" on the barrel and that is the length on the stock and barrel you are looking at.

IMG_1152(1).jpg

I am, with a 20" barrel and it's friggin awesome.

49022-E20-D9-CE-480-B-83-D3-B53-E614753-E7.jpg

MB
Thanks, that is a whole lot of awesomeness.
I'm sure it's a non-issue but just for the sake of knowing-- Manners comes stock with an Area 419 rail if you are using non-area 419 ARCA clamp accessories it makes no difference, correct. You just don't have the little detent spring.