• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I tested literally dozens of lots of SK Rifle Match before stumbling upon an exceptional lot four years ago, then was lucky enough to be able to buy two cases of it before a dealer only sale expired at Graf's. Got dealer pricing for the ammo, and free shipping & insurance - who wouldn't buy a case or two of it today with a deal like that - even if it wasn't an exceptionally accurate lot in your rifle? It shot pretty well in a couple of CMP 40Xs converted to use V-22 mags (Benchmark 3-groove & Lilja titebore), and still shoots fine in all three of my V-22 repeaters - two with Kriegers I fitted & chambered with a PTG EPS reamer, and one with a VGW fitted & chambered Bartlein - all three finished at 22".

I also tested a similar number of lots of Center-X before finding a really exceptional lot, only to find that it was sold out at all the wholesale outlets I called. That's what finally pushed me over the edge to send the 1st V-22 I barreled out to Mesa to have it tested by Lapua. Daniel found a lot that shot pretty darned good in that Krieger, so I bought two cases of it. It just so happens that this same lot shoots better in the V-22S that I barreled with a Shilen R5 and chambered with a Nevius reamer than anything else I've been able to lay hands on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schütze
I’ve been buying Eley Match, Tenex and Lapua Midas+ and Center X on Gun Broker - prices haven’t been bad. I just bought some Polar Biathalon at MHSA.

I have been shooting a good bit, trying to learn my Vudoo and to just become better mainly for matches. What I have learned is ammo well my gun clearly has a certain velocity it likes and temps can change that velocity..when it’s cooler say 60’s RWS50 shoots best, 70-80’s centerX and SKRM shoots best and for some reason that is counter to my point SKLR shoots best in the 90’s..I don’t know is why that is..it should be even faster when it’s hot out. I just know from my time on the range this is how it works. Also distance plays it’s part too. That centerx I mentioned above will not wow you at all at 50 yards. I actually thought it was a bad lot and used it as my warm up ammo, hell I even gave a few boxes to my friends hoping they would like it and buy it from me. I was shooting long distance 200-300 yards and wasn’t having a great day, I went thru my SKLR quickly, so I went back to the centerx. It shot amazing at that distance.. I went back to the 50 and agian it wouldn’t wow you. I know a bullet can’t get more accurate so it has to being that it doesn’t destabilize as bad? I also have some SK Standard that is lights out at 50 but anything after that, not great. I will say I even with the not so great stuff I would compete in NRL22 with any of it and not blame a missed shot on it, it would be me but if I am looking for that dead nuts stuff, for me all that comes into play it seems. I still have more questions than answers but that is the fun part of the journey.. damn expensive journey though!

Reactions: mrmarklin
I tested literally dozens of lots of SK Rifle Match before stumbling upon an exceptional lot four years ago, then was lucky enough to be able to buy two cases of it before a dealer only sale expired at Graf's. Got dealer pricing for the ammo, and free shipping & insurance - who wouldn't buy a case or two of it today with a deal like that - even if it wasn't an exceptionally accurate lot in your rifle? It shot pretty well in a couple of CMP 40Xs converted to use V-22 mags (Benchmark 3-groove & Lilja titebore), and still shoots fine in all three of my V-22 repeaters - two with Kriegers I fitted & chambered with a PTG EPS reamer, and one with a factory fitted & chambered Bartlein - all three finished at 22".

I also tested a similar number of lots of Center-X before finding a really exceptional lot, only to find that it was sold out at all the wholesale outlets I called. That's what finally pushed me over the edge to send the 1st V-22 I barreled out to Mesa to have it tested by Lapua. Daniel found a lot that shot pretty darned good in that Krieger, so I bought two cases of it. It just so happens that this same lot shoots better in the V-22S that I barreled with a Shilen R5 and chambered with a Nevius reamer than anything else I've been able to lay hands on.
Daniel is the MAN! He tested 20 different lots of Center-X in my Vudoo and found a great lot for mine so I bought the last two cases that he had and it shoots lights out.

Second outing, getting used to everything. The 3 SK types all seem up to the task. The Wolf MT, never lets me down, always a flier or two in there. May try 100 next time.

Reactions: zerolumens
Vudoo sent me a new dbm to replace the one out of spec. Threw my barreled action back into my Foundation. Continuing the break-in with 5 round groups off a PRS barricade.

Left - SK Match
Right - Eley Tenex

Top - Tuner only
Middle - No tuner or suppressor
Bottom - Suppressor only

1 inch squares
PXL_20210824_223028696.jpg

Second outing, getting used to everything. The 3 SK types all seem up to the task. The Wolf MT, never lets me down, always a flier or two in there. May try 100 next time.

Jump out to 100 and 200 before stockpiling ammo. A lot of it groups well at 50 yards but falls apart out further. Easy to see the difference quickly. And fun.

Yeah, my next step is at 100 to see which one of the three do the best. Oh no, I only have 2 boxes of the long range stuff but 2 bricks of the S+ which is doing good. That HV if works out will be a good wind round.

With my luck they'll release Gen 3 of the 2 lug right after I buy the Gen 2...

I just got a Gray Ops ARCA rail adapter for my bipod, replacing the area 419 mount. The "throw" lever is much faster than the knob. Nothing wrong with the 419, but if you need to drop something off the ARCA rail, it's QUICK!

Took my new V22 to the range today. I was less than impressed at 100 yards with the 5 or 6 different brands of ammo I shot. Best groups were about 1.5 MOA, and those came from SK Rifle Match, RWS rifle match, Eley Match, and SK Semi Auto. Lapua pistol king was awful. Eley Club was so so. What was very interesting was how well the SK Semi Auto held up at 200 and 300 yards. If the wind was calm, I could put them almost on top of each other.

Midas Plus created small, single holes the other day when I shot it at 50. But it too opened up to 1.5 MOA at 100. I purposefully did not shoot any Center X today, but it may get the nod for the next match.

edited as an update - shot 4 boxes of center x today after a good cleaning following my last outing. Had a solid 7mph wind coming in from 10 o’clock. My last two 5 round groups at 100 yards were under 3/4 MOA. I guess the first couple of boxes were wasted on the gun being new. It was really impressive to shoot today, even with the wind. D

Last edited:
With my luck they'll release Gen 3 of the 2 lug right after I buy the Gen 2...
I agree with those above, my family has two of the earliest V-22 rifles and they are every bit as good as the V-22’s that we purchased just a few months ago. I stupidly sold one of my real early V-22 and seriously regret that decision.

Does anyone else have problems with the aluminum mags? My polymer ones fed every ammo smooth. The one metal one I have would be really hard to close the bolt for at least 2 or 3 rounds on every magazine. I loaded them carefully, seated them by tapping on the bench. But invariably I would have to apply a lot of force to close the bolt a few times each mag (loaded to 15). Another Vudoo owner was there, and he said he filed the inside of the feedlips at the rear of the mag to make the upward angle of the top round a bit more positive and that seemed to fix his issue.

As a lefty, I love em because they do not impede my view of the parallax numbers when I'm quick adjusting, unlike standard capped rings. They are great and simple to set up, but the pucker factor is maxed when clamping the top screw over 40 in-lbs 😆. I should add, the clamp line at the top also indexes nicely with the scope turret arrow, and helps draw my old eyes to the turret arrow.

Need to stock up on Standard plus and Long Range Match, maybe some more HVM. The LRM seems the most consistent. All 10 rounds each other than #1 with S+, which is 9

Error on my labeling, the HVM is on upper right on both.

All shot at 100 "from 50" indicates come up

Last edited:
For those with a 22" barrel in a chassis, are you happy with your choice of the Kukri or MTU profile? Why or why not?

End goal is the stick a 22" V360 into the AI AT-X R700 chassis and a Leupold MK5 3-18 optic.

Reactions: zerolumens
For those with a 22" barrel in a chassis, are you happy with your choice of the Kukri or MTU profile? Why or why not?

End goal is the stick a 22" V360 into the AI AT-X R700 chassis and a Leupold MK5 3-18 optic.
Use? PRS vs walk n stalk vs benchrest?

I don't know how soon you are going to pull the trigger on your order, but I have a V360 with 22" MTU in an ACC due any day now. Two guys I shoot with almost weekly have RIMX's with 22" M24's in chassis and both still required internal and external weights to balance well on barricades. The MTU should be a bit heavier out front than a M24. I expect to still need to add weight.

I would love to try a MK5 but the 50y min parallax has me worried about the NRL22 game. I would like to hear others thoughts on the optic at yardages as close as 25y.

Reactions: Tritiumdials
I would love to try a MK5 but the 50y min parallax has me worried about the NRL22 game. I would like to hear others thoughts on the optic at yardages as close as 25y.
For this exact reason I use a Athlon Cronus gen2, love the “fine” reticle at high mag. and turns down to 25y parallax

Use? PRS vs walk n stalk vs benchrest?

I don't know how soon you are going to pull the trigger on your order, but I have a V360 with 22" MTU in an ACC due any day now. Two guys I shoot with almost weekly have RIMX's with 22" M24's in chassis and both still required internal and external weights to balance well on barricades. The MTU should be a bit heavier out front than a M24. I expect to still need to add weight.

It will be for PRS, as clone of the AT-X I’m never getting. If I could save money by not buying extra weights up front with the MTU, that’d be the move.

My Vudoo order was been placed in April.

I went from a Strike Eagle 5-25 EBR-7c to a SB 3-20 Ultra Short PM2 H59, now to a MK5 3-18 Tremor 3. I HATED the MTC turret on the SB. I’m on the MK5 now for the same reps and reticle processing information.

Current set up is the B14-R in a KRG Bravo sans the SB.

Attachments

• D3FCA9AE-A531-4C6E-B1A3-0B05519B17EA.jpeg
    D3FCA9AE-A531-4C6E-B1A3-0B05519B17EA.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 98
An MTU in a chassis with a super light butt stock (Bravo, X-Ray, or maybe a carbon Manners) might balance without additional weight. The heavy adjustable butt stocks of most competition chassis’ takes a lot of weight upfront to overcome.

My 16.5” CZ in a Bravo balances in front of the magwell with just the KRG internal weight and two mdt mloc weights and a tuner on the barrel. The rear weight bias of a metal chassis just takes a lot to counterbalance.

Reactions: Tritiumdials
I have a 22” MTU in an MPA hybrid chassis. The full weight kit is in the chassis. Scope is an Athlon Cronus. Balances in front of the mag well with a bipod on.

I think that the 22” looks a little funny, but other than that, complaints. I could probably have gone with the 20”, and pulled the rear weight from the chassis, and it would have still balanced.

Attachments

• F6D0863D-2AF4-4BB0-A4C0-CF2744A491F7.jpeg
    F6D0863D-2AF4-4BB0-A4C0-CF2744A491F7.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 120
My order has officially been placed!

ActionV22 Three 60 w/ Large Knob - Black Ceratoke - 60 MOA base
Barrel20" MTU - Polished Stainless
Bolt KnobLarge
ChassisMPA BA Comp - Gun Candy Mongoose
TriggerTriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved Trigger

I'll be putting a Cronus BTR GEN2 4.5-29x56 APRS6 FFP MIL on it. After reading some of the posts here I'm still debating if I should go with the 22" barrel though.

Other than the color (mine is FDE barrel and MPA) and 40MOA base, same as mine. I changed my order to "non-threaded" barrel with 11º target crown after seeing a "problem" video with the threaded barrel(s) that VGW posted on instagram...link somewhere in this thread, on or about 15 July 2021.

I'm running the same scope in Warne Mountain Tech medium rings, model 7221M.

Congrats on the Vudoo, you're going to love it!

Other than the color (mine is FDE barrel and MPA) and 40MOA base, same as mine. I changed my order to "non-threaded" barrel with 11º target crown after seeing a "problem" video with the threaded barrel(s) that VGW posted on instagram...link somewhere in this thread, on or about 15 July 2021.

I'm running the same scope in Warne Mountain Tech medium rings, model 7221M.

Congrats on the Vudoo, you're going to love it!
Just confirming that with the 40 MOA base you’re still able to dial down for 25 yards on the Cronus with room to spare? Vudoo said I would be able to do it with the 60 MOA, but just validating.

I’ll have to see if I can find the video you referenced because I had ordered the threaded barrel.

My order has officially been placed!

ActionV22 Three 60 w/ Large Knob - Black Ceratoke - 60 MOA base
Barrel20" MTU - Polished Stainless
Bolt KnobLarge
ChassisMPA BA Comp - Gun Candy Mongoose
TriggerTriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved Trigger

I'll be putting a Cronus BTR GEN2 4.5-29x56 APRS6 FFP MIL on it. After reading some of the posts here I'm still debating if I should go with the 22" barrel though.
Have far do you plan on shooting with a 60 moa base?

Have far do you plan on shooting with a 60 moa base?

As long as I could direct dial to 25 yards I wanted as much elevation as possible. I have access to a 600 yard range and my max shots on target thus far have been 505 yards and I couldn't dial / hold over anymore (lower MOA base) so looking to see if I can take it out farther.

Just confirming that with the 40 MOA base you’re still able to dial down for 25 yards on the Cronus with room to spare? Vudoo said I would be able to do it with the 60 MOA, but just validating.

I’ll have to see if I can find the video you referenced because I had ordered the threaded barrel.
Yes, I actually have to dial "up" .4 Mil from my 50 yard zero, to get it hitting the bullseye at 25. I have 7.4 Mil down, under my zero stop with it set at 50 yards...and I still have 25.6 Mil up before the turret hits a hard stop at the top. I probably should have gone with a 60MOA rail, the scope has the vertical range for it. According to the Kestrel, adjusted for known dope at 75 and 100 yards, I could dial up to 480 yards with no hold over, and out to almost 600 with 10 MIL hold over that the APRS6 reticule has on it. I haven't taken it passed 100 yards yet, so that is theoretical at this point, but the dope my Kestrel calculated for 65 and 85 yards was perfect. Knowing the muzzle velocity has to help it run those calculations...for that I use a MagnetoSpeed V3 with an MPA spigot mount, so it's not on the barrel.

Hope that helps, and if anyone else can chime in and suggest improvements, or tell me where I'm wrong, that will be greatly appreciated.

Edit to fix..it's a Mil scope

60 moa would be pushing it pretty close. I think with 50moa I have 30 up left, so 60moa would get me like 31.5. Cronus is 32mil i think?
Correct, Athlon spec says 32 Mil vertical adjustment. With mine the hard stop "bottom to top" is 33 Mil...maybe they took the distortion in to that when they spec'd it, there's supposed to be some "clouding" (can't remember the correct term) when you get close to the limit(s) of the adjustment.

If you would get 31.5 Mil using a 60 MOA base, I would go for it!

Reactions: dscl
Vudoo with 40 moa base and athlon cronus 4-29 Mounted with 1.125” nightforce rings. Zeroed at 50 yards, able to dial almost 25 mils of the cronus’s useable 32 mils. That means I’m leaving a little over 7 mils. 7 mils x 3.47 moa = 24.3 moa. So if I add another 20 moa to the base that adds 5.76 mils elevation. 7-5.76 = 1.24 mils left over if I switch out to a 60moa base.

This will let me roughly dial about 30.5 mils elevation with the cronus on a 60moa base with 1.125 rings and a 50 yard zero. My dilemma is : am I getting out of the scopes sweet spot of optical clarity with that much movement to the edge limits? @koshkin

Reactions: Cowpokey and dscl
Vudoo with 40 moa base and athlon cronus 4-29 Mounted with 1.125” nightforce rings. Zeroed at 50 yards, able to dial almost 25 mils of the cronus’s useable 32 mils. That means I’m leaving a little over 7 mils. 7 mils x 3.47 moa = 24.3 moa. So if I add another 20 moa to the base that adds 5.76 mils elevation. 7-5.76 = 1.24 mils left over if I switch out to a 60moa base.

This will let me roughly dial about 30.5 mils elevation with the cronus on a 60moa base with 1.125 rings and a 50 yard zero. My dilemma is : am I getting out of the scopes sweet spot of optical clarity with that much movement to the edge limits? @koshkin
That sounds extremely close to what mine is. As for optical clarity (better use of words than "cloudly" as I used), I wonder the same thing. With the 40 MOA, and looking though it, the way I have it set up, mine should have very good optical clarity out to 350 yards...probably even 400.

Another question. What do we do to get the firing pin back to the detent if you pull the bolt out (360) and accidentally twist it dropping the firing pin? It wasn't intentional, I was just trying to wipe soot/grime off the outside of the bolt to clean it, and poof...it rotated to the "fired" position.

I tried holding the lugs with my hand and rotate the bolt handle, couldn't hold the lugs and rotate the bolt handle to "cock it" back to the detent. I got it reset, but had to put it in my bench vice (with plastic jaw inserts), and it still wanted to rotate the bolt housing...until I pushed the firing pin back with a delrin punch.

Another question. What do we do to get the firing pin back to the detent if you pull the bolt out (360) and accidentally twist it dropping the firing pin? It wasn't intentional, I was just trying to wipe soot/grime off the outside of the bolt to clean it, and poof...it rotated to the "fired" position.

I tried holding the lugs with my hand and rotate the bolt handle, couldn't hold the lugs and rotate the bolt handle to "cock it" back to the detent. I got it reset, but had to put it in my bench vice (with plastic jaw inserts), and it still wanted to rotate the bolt housing...until I pushed the firing pin back with a delrin punch.
@RAVAGE88 , is there a simple way to do this? It would suck wind to have it happen at the range...

Reactions: RAVAGE88