• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

@RAVAGE88
Can you talk about sizes? 10 vs 15?

Actually, the 10 and 12 use the same mag body but different base plates. The 15 is a longer mag body because of the amount of travel needed for the thumb button. The 10 round based plate on the 15 body gives you 15; the 12 round based plate on the 15 body gives you 17 if I can get enough travel for the thumb button.

MB

Reactions: siscoe308
I don't know why I would need 17 rounds in a bolt-action 22LR, but you can sure as hell bet that I'll work hard to find a reason. Eagerly awaiting the release of these new options.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I don't know why I would need 17 rounds in a bolt-action 22LR, but you can sure as hell bet that I'll work hard to find a reason. Eagerly awaiting the release of these new options.

We have a stage where it's as many hits on the "flying" squirrel at 86 yards. You're required to shoot two shots then a mag change then as many shots as you can get in 60 seconds. The "flying" squirrel is on a spring and starts dancing after the first hit and continues with each consecutive hit. A couple guys yesterday hit it 15 times or more. That's w/ 10 round Vudoo mags. Imagine if they had 17 rounders. :geek:

This is the only stage semi-autos have a distinct advantage as well.

Only one question. When is Vudoo going to have an IPO? Then when I purchase a product know value of my stock is increasing.

RLS

You could send a few of those magazines out to some Vudoo owners for further “research and development”! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: RAVAGE88
Vudoo received the Bix'N Andy trigger I ordered from BulletCentral for my build last Friday. I've got Vudoo fever after reading Y'alls posts.
I really like my b n a trigger. Mine is a 2 stage and the adjusting instructions were wrong . Figure F and C were backwards. I think they have that fixed now but just in case, heres pic, small one is correct

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 62
Here is mine finished last week. Started with a barreled action and triggertech diamond trigger from Mile high . Then bought an Mpa ba light. Shoots better than i ever will. First pic is the 1 and only group ill ever shoot 50 yards on a bipod cci sv ammo
IMG_2579.jpg
Most my shooting is 2 to 4 inch steel targets @ 100 and 200 yards.
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2585.jpg

Here is mine finished last week. Started with a barreled action and triggertech diamond trigger from Mile high . Then bought an Mpa ba light. Shoots better than i ever will. First pic is the 1 and only group ill ever shoot 50 yards on a bipod cci sv ammoView attachment 7185447.
Most my shooting is 2 to 4 inch steel targets @ 100 and 200 yards.View attachment 7185458View attachment 7185448

Wish I wouldn't have seen this. Was talking myself into a lighter Vudoo exactly like this. @squishee . What contour is this? Is that MPA the BA ultralight or ?
So my train of thought is basically centered around Nrl22 matches. The #13-15# is great off of barricades and prone but is a bear in unsupported positions. How do you like the balance of this setup? Does it seem to light/heavy/just right? What are your thoughts?
I am just thinking maybe a #9-#10 total wt gun would be a great all around rifle for nrl and positional stuff. Anyone else running something similar?
Also @squishee, do u shoot positions at steel at 100/200?

What is everyone using for a program for ballistics for center x ??? I cant seam to get accurate data for anything over 100 yards. Need dope out to 300 yards. If anyone can get me close. 18" ACE Kukri
Thanks

Wish I wouldn't have seen this. Was talking myself into a lighter Vudoo exactly like this. @squishee . What contour is this? Is that MPA the BA ultralight or ?
So my train of thought is basically centered around Nrl22 matches. The #13-15# is great off of barricades and prone but is a bear in unsupported positions. How do you like the balance of this setup? Does it seem to light/heavy/just right? What are your thoughts?
I am just thinking maybe a #9-#10 total wt gun would be a great all around rifle for nrl and positional stuff. Anyone else running something similar?
Also @squishee, do u shoot positions at steel at 100/200?
This is my V-22 in a Manners EH2 stock, with a 22" Krieger in their #4 sporter contour. Weight is 9.75lbs with the Athlon 6-24x50 Midas TAC mounted in aluminum TPS TSR rings. I enjoy carrying it around a lot more than I do my other two 14+lbs V-22s with 22"sendero & Kukri bbls, 34mm Cronus scopes, in Manners PRS1T stocks. Those two heavier rifles get the nod for match use, but this lighter 'sporter' V-22 shoots great too - and I should give it a try in one of our local matches. I've CeraKoted the bbl in graphite black since I snapped this photo.

Attachments

• DSC_1211.JPG
    DSC_1211.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 93
I use strelok+. I adjusted my BC and speed (which looks high compared to most) to match what I was seeing in reality out to 100 yds. I then used the dope strelok provided and was pretty close (within few clicks) at 300. This was my data...

Screenshot_20191118-191942_Strelok+.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Seymour Fish
This is my V-22 in a Manners EH2 stock, with a 22" Krieger in their #4 sporter contour. Weight is 9.75lbs with the Athlon 6-24x50 Midas TAC mounted in aluminum TPS TSR rings. I enjoy carrying it around a lot more than I do my other two 14+lbs V-22s with 22"sendero & Kukri bbls, 34mm Cronus scopes, in Manners PRS1T stocks. Those two heavier rifles get the nod for match use, but this lighter 'sporter' V-22 shoots great too - and I should give it a try in one of our local matches. I've CeraKoted the bbl in graphite black since I snapped this photo.
Thanks Flatland. I did read some of ur posts about this sweet looking rifle. Just curious how it does off barricades... If u shoot it in a local match, let us know how it compares to your heavier rifles. I'm just wondering if there is a balance of wt/functionality (not so much to 'match' the wt of a full-sized rifle) but to be able to shoot efficiently off barricades and benefit from a lighter rifle for unsupported

I use strelok+. I adjusted my BC and speed (which looks high compared to most) to match what I was seeing in reality out to 100 yds. I then used the dope strelok provided and was pretty close (within few clicks) at 300. This was my data...

View attachment 7185700

I'm using StrelokPro with very similar numbers. My current lot of Center X is cookin along at 1092 and the solutions are dead on.

MB

I'm using StrelokPro with very similar numbers. My current lot of Center X is cookin along at 1092 and the solutions are dead on.

MB
Does your BC look as high as mine? I have seen others estimating .14, etc but using velocity and actual drop at the given conditions, i adjusted the hypothetical BC to match what i was seeing and Boom! Seemed to match at 200 and 300. Maybe this BC is close but seems a bit high to me... but it works.

Does your BC look as high as mine? I have seen others estimating .14, etc but using velocity and actual drop at the given conditions, i adjusted the hypothetical BC to match what i was seeing and Boom! Seemed to match at 200 and 300. Maybe this BC is close but seems a bit high to me... but it works.

Yep, published BC is what I'm using and it's working. I'm seeing guys run the BC as low as 120 to get their solutions to line up with what they're seeing down range.

MB

Hopefully I'm just repeating what everyone else here knows already, but there is a .22LR Lapua Center X drag function in the "Drag-functions" setting on Strelok. Of course entering observed actual speed should give optimum results.

Reactions: 10ring1
Hopefully I'm just repeating what everyone else here knows already, but there is a .22LR Lapua Center X drag function in the "Drag-functions" setting on Strelok. Of course entering observed actual speed should give optimum results.
I'm glad you repeated because I didn't know, and I thought I had been through Strelok Pro pretty well. You do have to go find that specific drag function... I added via the Lapua button at the bottom and selecting it once added to the list of functions. Please correct me if I misstated.

Hope to get to the range tomorrow or Wednesday to test this, with an up-to-300-yard match coming up next month.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Strelok is updated often. New reticles usually but I guess there's some secret sauce every once in a while. ?

@
10ring1

Mine is a kukri profile. That is a Ba ultra lite chassis . I went that way because once i set up a chassis i dont see the need to have quick adjust knobs.I dont compete or shoot positions as im pretty crippled up and really out of shape. I guess if i had to carry it to stages id call it heavy.But since it sits on a bench its perfect .

Reactions: Cuzz and 10ring1

Yep, important piece of info and I didn't think to mention it. Using this drag function makes a big difference.

Thanks Dude,
MB

I'm glad you repeated because I didn't know, and I thought I had been through Strelok Pro pretty well. You do have to go find that specific drag function... I added via the Lapua button at the bottom and selecting it once added to the list of functions. Please correct me if I misstated.

Hope to get to the range tomorrow or Wednesday to test this, with an up-to-300-yard match coming up next month.

Thanks for pointing this out!
Followup: I did go to the range today and did test the Lapua Center-X drag curve with Center-X ammo.

The good news is it worked quite well: Fifty-yard zero. Strelok readings hit about 1/3" high at 100, very close to perfect at 200, and close enough to put five straight rounds on an (unpainted, well-peppered) 8" plate at 300. Weather was 51 degrees with calm (!!!) wind, humidity 75%, cloudy to partly cloudy. LabRadar velocity 1079fps with typical Center-X ES of 25-30 (didn't write it down today).

Bad news is I left all my Vudoo magazines home and single-feeding greasy rounds into that booger was a pita, so 5 rounds at 200 and 5 rounds at 300 was all I did.

My first 5 rounds at 100 including cold shot, put 4 into 1/2" and 1 almost an inch right (see below). Dialed down a click and right a click. Second group of 5 blew up. No idea why; we be goin' down the tall target test rabbit hole again. I dialed out for 5 at 200 (second image; the circle is 3" in diameter), back in to 100 for the group second from right, out to 300, then back to 100 for the rightmost group.

Bottom line is, that Center-X drag curve is very promising.

UPDATE 11/20/2019: Back to the range today - with a magazine - for more testing. I am very pleased with the Lapua custom curve. There was a gusty fishtailing breeze today which moved 150-300 yard shots around quite a bit but elevations looked quite good.

100-yard target, description above.
5D2xq9hVRUKlxdhiMsPkAw_thumb_234.jpg

200-yard target. Circle is 3" diameter.
RPbtg7saT26TpeRGgKak0w_thumb_233.jpg

Last edited:
Followup: I did go to the range today and did test the Lapua Center-X drag curve with Center-X ammo.

The good news is it worked quite well: Fifty-yard zero. Strelok readings hit about 1/3" high at 100, very close to perfect at 200, and close enough to put five straight rounds on an (unpainted, well-peppered) 8" plate at 300. Weather was 51 degrees with calm (!!!) wind, humidity 75%, cloudy to partly cloudy. LabRadar velocity 1079fps with typical Center-X ES of 25-30 (didn't write it down today).

Bad news is I left all my Vudoo magazines home and single-feeding greasy rounds into that booger was a pita, so 5 rounds at 200 and 5 rounds at 300 was all I did.

My first 5 rounds at 100 including cold shot, put 4 into 1/2" and 1 almost an inch right (see below). Dialed down a click and right a click. Second group of 5 blew up. No idea why; we be goin' down the tall target test rabbit hole again. I dialed out for 5 at 200 (second image; the circle is 3" in diameter), back in to 100 for the group second from right, out to 300, then back to 100 for the rightmost group.

Bottom line is, that Center-X drag curve is very promising.

100-yard target, description above.
View attachment 7186533

View attachment 7186535

I left all of mags at home once as well, now I keep one in my glovebox just in case I do it again.

What is everyone using for a program for ballistics for center x ??? I cant seam to get accurate data for anything over 100 yards. Need dope out to 300 yards. If anyone can get me close. 18" ACE Kukri
Thanks
I’m using a kestrel with AB. Center x is in the custom library and it’s really close. My dope at 320 is 14 ish depending on environmentals.

I’m using a kestrel with AB. Center x is in the custom library and it’s really close. My dope at 320 is 14 ish depending on environmentals.

The Kestrel is an awesome tool, using the same one you have and the cool thing is, I compare the solutions between Kestrel and StrelokPro and consistently calculate within .1. Used both during a hunt recently in WY and one shot each on two animals (mule deer and prong horn). After everyone tagged out, we took Vudoo's out to the gopher fields and everyone was making long distance hits in high winds. The most awesome time I've had with a Vudoo, ever. One guy shooting, three guys spotting, one guy ranging and one guy using the calculator and calling holds, then we rotated. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

MB

I finally bought a Vudoo V-22 barreled action last night! I grabbed a 16.5" Kukri from Mile High. I've been following your rimfire work since the Black Ops days, Mike. I remember the first photos of your magazine... I was sold right then and there!! This has been a long time coming for me! I will bolt it into a McMillan A5 with a Timney 510 from one of my 700s for the time being. I would like to eventually go with a Calvin Elite and plan on ordering a Manners PRS2 or T2A here shortly. I asked them about the bottom metal inlet and they weren't sure if they could do it. Is it still a bit different from the standard M5 inlet? Something I could fit at home with some careful Dremel work? Otherwise, I'll either go for their mini chassis or Surgeon bottom metal. I'm hoping to have the action in hand early next week.. can't wait!

I finally bought a Vudoo V-22 barreled action last night! I grabbed a 16.5" Kukri from Mile High. I've been following your rimfire work since the Black Ops days, Mike. I remember the first photos of your magazine... I was sold right then and there!! This has been a long time coming for me! I will bolt it into a McMillan A5 with a Timney 510 from one of my 700s for the time being. I would like to eventually go with a Calvin Elite and plan on ordering a Manners PRS2 or T2A here shortly. I asked them about the bottom metal inlet and they weren't sure if they could do it. Is it still a bit different from the standard M5 inlet? Something I could fit at home with some careful Dremel work? Otherwise, I'll either go for their mini chassis or Surgeon bottom metal. I'm hoping to have the action in hand early next week.. can't wait!

Congratulations on your new rifle! The inlet for the Vudoo DBM is very simple, no taper on the front tab, so anyone with a manual mill can convert any common inlet to the Vudoo inlet. All you need are two end mills, a 1/2" and 1". Probably not a Dremel job though....

MB

Congratulations on your new rifle! The inlet for the Vudoo DBM is very simple, no taper on the front tab, so anyone with a manual mill can convert any common inlet to the Vudoo inlet. All you need are two end mills, a 1/2" and 1". Probably not a Dremel job though....

MB

Thank you! I am thrilled to finally have one. I went back and forth between 16.5" and 18" barrels. I've been shooting a 16.5" CZ 455VPT for the last couple years, suppressed 100% of the time, so I figured it made sense to keep this one the same.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question, too. It's appreciated!

Thank you! I am thrilled to finally have one. I went back and forth between 16.5" and 18" barrels. I've been shooting a 16.5" CZ 455VPT for the last couple years, suppressed 100% of the time, so I figured it made sense to keep this one the same.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question, too. It's appreciated!

You're quite welcome, reach out anytime if you need anything.

MB

Reactions: JohnJohn
This has been an excellent read, I may have missed it but what was the reason for updating the fire control assembly to the gen 2? Also wondering what the barrel length is on the rifle in the very first post of this thread.

This has been an excellent read, I may have missed it but what was the reason for updating the fire control assembly to the gen 2? Also wondering what the barrel length is on the rifle in the very first post of this thread.

Glad you enjoyed it. That's an 18" barrel on one of the three test actions we originally made.

Outta the gate, the V-22 was quite different than a lot of rimfire repeaters before it, but as I collected data and not being one to be satisfied, I've updated various areas to keep the V-22 on top. By itself, ignition in a rimfire is really important, so I've focused on the efficiency of the fire control system. Triggers are part of the fire control system and the V-22 will use all sorts of R700 pattern triggers, but they're not all the same. So, the fire control has to be versatile enough for it to not matter and still deliver the consistent ignition I'm looking for.

MB

Reactions: JohnJohn
I plan to mount a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 on Vudoo Apparition with large bolt handle. What size rings do you guys recommend? Thanks

Reactions: Pranavdc
I plan to mount a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 on Vudoo Apparition with large bolt handle. What size rings do you guys recommend? Thanks

I typically use SolidWorks to sketch everything up because I prefer a specific range of height over bore, mostly because my cheek weld is so high, I've found though that the link below works for most people.

MB

After too many hours reading over 3000 post, I finally bought a Vudoo V-22 barreled action last night a 18" Kukri and TT Diamond, after a couple of phone calls with Paul. Paul was very helpful and the barrel I wanted was in stock and will ship on Monday. Great customer service. I was never put on hold, I hate the recorded option of giving number, not loosing place in line and we will call you back.

I'm fairly new to the game. I've shot two matches with a loner, with Vudoo action and barrel. Now I'm basically hooked and all in. Looking forward to shootin my own next month.