• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I have posted about my latest Vudooā€™s in some other places here on the Hide, but I might as well put some ā€resultsā€œ from my latest here too for anyone on the fence about their first Vudoo purchase. Back story these two are among many VGW rifles or barreled actions that my family and I have owned. I bought these for my daughters as this summer they expressed interest in shooting again. I picked up a 20ā€ Kukri BA (Ace barrel) from Mile High and the next week a 22ā€ Kukri BA (Bart barrel) from Altus. They both got 2 stage Timney triggers, KRG Bravo chassis (I am really liking these chassis), 0.66# KRG butt plate spacer, KRG spigot, Atlas CAL, and a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.7-27X56.

Both rifles are killing it as far as accuracy goes and have been 100% reliable (as I expected). My daughters are really enjoying these rifles and they shot their first match last weekend, with more to come in the future. They did really well with my oldest daughter (15 years old) winning the match and her sister (14 years old) tied for 3rd only a few points back from her sister. It was the best day I have ever had on the range and I did not fire a shot. I was just on the spotter calling wind for them. They were dead on with every correction I gave them and when the wind was switching I was changing the correction mid shot it did not phase them in the least, they just held it and broke the shot for a center hit! I canā€™t wait to get back out behind the spotter for them.

We definitely are a Vudoo family and we would like to say thank you to everyone at VGW for all you have done and continue to do for our sport.

The rifles:
IMG_20201121_140240595_HDR.jpg

The shooters:
IMG_20201115_115651759_HDR.jpg

I have posted about my latest Vudooā€™s in some other places here on the Hide, but I might as well put some ā€resultsā€œ from my latest here too for anyone on the fence about their first Vudoo purchase. Back story these two are among many VGW rifles or barreled actions that my family and I have owned. I bought these for my daughters as this summer they expressed interest in shooting again. I picked up a 20ā€ Kukri BA (Ace barrel) from Mile High and the next week a 22ā€ Kukri BA (Bart barrel) from Altus. They both got 2 stage Timney triggers, KRG Bravo chassis (I am really liking these chassis), 0.66# KRG butt plate spacer, KRG spigot, Atlas CAL, and a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.7-27X56.

Both rifles are killing it as far as accuracy goes and have been 100% reliable (as I expected). My daughters are really enjoying these rifles and they shot their first match last weekend, with more to come in the future. They did really well with my oldest daughter (15 years old) winning the match and her sister (14 years old) tied for 3rd only a few points back from her sister. It was the best day I have ever had on the range and I did not fire a shot. I was just on the spotter calling wind for them. They were dead on with every correction I gave them and when the wind was switching I was changing the correction mid shot it did not phase them in the least, they just held it and broke the shot for a center hit! I canā€™t wait to get back out behind the spotter for them.

We definitely are a Vudoo family and we would like to say thank you to everyone at VGW for all you have done and continue to do for our sport.

The rifles:
View attachment 7490787

The shooters:
View attachment 7490788
Way to be a dad Jbell! They grow up fast so enjoy them.

So cute! I have 2 grown boys! Actually huge men now. Just not the same. Enjoy these times. I know you do.

Reactions: jbell
Just recently picked an early vudoo BA from a local guy and threw a cheap trigger, chassis and scope on it from my ā€œ extras stash ā€œ so I could try it out.
like everyone else I wish I had bought one sooner. It feels rock solid, mags work great, and accuracy is pretty incredible. If any of you guys are on the fence, do it !

I know a couple more groups donā€™t prove anything, but I was very impressed and am going to share them anyway , lol

100 yds, with cheap 10x scope
sk rifle and Lapua.

Attachments

• 6F6F3FB5-C25C-4FDD-B1F7-14B050A4494B.jpeg
    6F6F3FB5-C25C-4FDD-B1F7-14B050A4494B.jpeg
    430.4 KB · Views: 70
  • A8CE54B1-46C3-44C3-B177-4A987908714C.jpeg
    A8CE54B1-46C3-44C3-B177-4A987908714C.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 72
Has anyone sent their action back for a rebarrel? I am thinking of going to 22in from 18in to help with balance. Seems people are, in general, getting better ES/SDs with a longer barrel and maybe less lot sensitivity? Either way, I'd get one just for better balance. Id be interested in testing a faster twist too. Though ill be shooting lead only so not interested in the copper solids.

Thinking of going to a 22ā€ MTU barreled vudoo from a proof. Those of yā€™all with the longer heavier barrels, how are you liking them?

Thinking of going to a 22ā€ MTU barreled vudoo from a proof. Those of yā€™all with the longer heavier barrels, how are you liking them?
I have always been a proponent of longer barrels on precision 22lr. I prefer 24ā€-27ā€ when searching for the extreme limits of accuracy and no muzzle threads (in addition to a few other specific details). But in that I am splitting hairs with it hav very marginal gains. For the NRL22 world or similar a 20ā€-22ā€ will do you just fine. I have both a 20ā€ Ace and a 22ā€ Bart here (both VGW barreled actions so everything else is the same) the accuracy, and SD / ES are the exact same with the 22ā€ being 10fps slower.

Reactions: Krob95 and STex
I have always been a proponent of longer barrels on precision 22lr. I prefer 24ā€-27ā€ when searching for the extreme limits of accuracy and no muzzle threads (in addition to a few other specific details). But in that I am splitting hairs with it hav very marginal gains. For the NRL22 world or similar a 20ā€-22ā€ will do you just fine. I have both a 20ā€ Ace and a 22ā€ Bart here (both VGW barreled actions so everything else is the same) the accuracy, and SD / ES are the exact same with the 22ā€ being 10fps slower.
Thanks for the info man! Shoots pretty well I assume?

Has anyone sent their action back for a rebarrel? I am thinking of going to 22in from 18in to help with balance. Seems people are, in general, getting better ES/SDs with a longer barrel and maybe less lot sensitivity? Either way, I'd get one just for better balance. Id be interested in testing a faster twist too. Though ill be shooting lead only so not interested in the copper solids.
I'm curious too. I have an 18" MTU and would like a 22". I'm wondering what the cost would be.

Ordered a 20ā€ MTU v22 that just so happened to be in stock yesterday from VGW. Completely forgot to ask if itā€™s a right handed action. I would assume it is but I feel like an idiot having to email them to make sure. My excitement got the best of me šŸ˜…

If Its left handed and you a
Ordered a 20ā€ MTU v22 that just so happened to be in stock yesterday from VGW. Completely forgot to ask if itā€™s a right handed action. I would assume it is but I feel like an idiot having to email them to make sure. My excitement got the best of me šŸ˜…

If it's left handed and you no longer want it let me know so I can let JP know....my LH is in order....

Last edited:
If Its left handed and you a

If it's left handed and you no longer want it let me know so I can let JP know....mine LH is in order....
Iā€™ll be sure to let you know! gotta wait until Monday to hear back from them lol

Perhaps an obvious question but sometimes an obvious question does not have an obvious answer.

I ordered an AG Composites' stock for my V22. The stock comes with pillars but I wondered if pillars would require some final shaping. AG Composites said the pillars are shaped for a Rem 700 receiver. Therefore the question, is there a strict standard for the Rem 700 receiver geometry, by strict I mean to 1 mil, or is it like DBM bottom metal? Or, more generally, how closely do the top of the pillars have to conform the geometry of the bottom of the receiver?

Secondly, I would like to confirm what was stated in a post. The poster stated that VGW had told him that the maximum accuracy gain from bedding was achieved with pillars, nothing else was needed.

I don't think this is what VGW said....

MB
MB:

Perhaps my memory is at fault or another example of why hearsay is not considered evidence in a court of law.

What is the real intel, if I may ask? Does goo-bedding, for want of the correct technical term, further increase accuracy beyond that achieved by excellent pillar bedding?

Rick

Last edited:
Good job. I just ordered a barreled action yesterday and my date for arrival is 2 April 2021. Looking for a good spring.

Damn, I was finally ready to buy one but not quite that patient lol

the longer you wait the further it gets pushed out!
That's true. I was going to order 1 month ago and it was 8-10 weeks. One month later and 12-14 weeks. Definitely a very popular rifle. Fortunately for me it is my 2nd, but the wait will be worth it. Good luck on whatever you decide. Still hear about barreled actions being sold at some stores.

Damn, I was finally ready to buy one but not quite that patient lol

I sent a email inquiring about lead times about a month ago. VGW responded and let me know, also told me to look out at dealers. Mile High and Altus. Get on notification emails from Altus. Thatā€™s how I got mine.

Sour grapes is right. MHSA had some when I called the other day. Altus may or may not be out. VGW may have some lefties in stock from what I sounded like when I called them earlier today.

Sour grapes is right. MHSA had some when I called the other day. Altus may or may not be out. VGW may have some lefties in stock from what I sounded like when I called them earlier today.

Someone say lefties in stock? Who is VGW? Vudoo Gunworks?

Mile High has a RH 16.5 barreled action in stock

Reactions: Badjujuu
Someone say lefties in stock? Who is VGW? Vudoo Gunworks?

Mile High has a RH 16.5 barreled action in stock

Yes, Vudoo Gunworks. Joann I believe was the gal I spoke with this morning. She made it sound like they may have some lefties in stock.I would call to confirm though.

I sent a email inquiring about lead times about a month ago. VGW responded and let me know, also told me to look out at dealers. Mile High and Altus. Get on notification emails from Altus. Thatā€™s how I got mine.

I ended up ordering one from mile high last night. I wanted an 18" barrel but settled for the 16.5.

Managed to order a 22" MTU from Altus today that was instock. Excited I don't have to wait the 14 weeks.
Dammit!!!! That what I wanted originally lol you donā€™t want a 20ā€ MTU by chance do you?

Ah damn, i'm sorry brother. I was surprised to see it pop up as well. I had almost placed an order with Joanne but happened to see it pop up.

For those of you that ordered, I'm just curious on how close they are to the date that they give? I've still got 2 months to go and I also have to get a bipod and scope mount.

First-time VGW owner, just got the new Sinister build this week. 18" Kukri (Ace) and TT diamond trigger, plus added the optional bedding in the Grayboe Terrain stock.

Got it out to the range first time this morning, started off at 100y. Though just sighting in the scope today and function testing with various ammo that I have in my stash, was already impressed with the consistency and precision. The TT which I adjusted to 1 lb is the nicest trigger I've used on any rifle. And that smooth Vudoo action is in its own category. This one's a keeper.

Optics mounting. One thing I had wondered about until I got to the range, was how it would go with the optic height and cheek weld. I intentionally picked the Sinister build with the non-adjustable stock, planning to keep the rifle a bit more compact so it could be used in multipurpose/'crossover' roles. But since it'll still be used mostly for target shooting, I wanted to mount a legit long-range optic with top magnification of at least 24x. The optic I tried today fits and has a 30mm tube with 50mm objective, so the question was whether you could run that large of an optic with this fixed-height stock and still get a solid cheek weld. I mounted it in a Spuhr LW mount, with a height of 1.18", and it turned out that was about perfect height for an optic of this size and the height of the comb on this Grayboe Terrain stock.

Ammo issue. One ammo-related issue was as I tested different ammo types, I tried some recently manufactured Wolf Target ammo and had 4 failures to fire in about 20 rounds. The Wolf fed/extracted perfectly, and the stuff that fired, was super consistent on target. But that's a 20% FTF rate in that small sample, no other ammo type had that issue. Spoke briefly with Greg at VGW, he said that recent Wolf ammo is made by Eley, and they changed it such that now, your firing pin has to strike it harder to cause reliable ignition. Because VGW rifles are optimized around Lapua ammunition specs and do not by default strike the cartridge that hard, you can get the failures to fire with Wolf. Gregg said that in general, anything Lapua, some in the SK rifle line such standard/standard+, will do well, and that some Federal ammo also does well.

Can anybody give a summary or link, to something like a ranked list of the consensus best ammo choices for VGW .22lr rifles? I'm interested not only in seeing what's considered the "best" ammo, but maybe also the best handful of top choices, including inexpensive or bulk stuff that works well. Gives more options for ammo.

From searching here, I see a few of the top choices like Center-X comes up a lot. I have a couple bricks, and some Midas which works well in my Kidd. And ordered some SK Standard+ after talking to Gregg. But would still like to see if there's a discussion or summary of what's worked well for a lot of VGW shooters.

xielb2u.jpeg

That build is šŸ˜‰šŸ‘Œ. Is that a "spiral flute"? I'm glad you posted up man, I totally forgot to add bedding and fluting to my order I recently placed. A quick email to JoAnne got me sorted tho!

What optic do you have mounted here? I'm about to purchase the Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 (APRS6 reticle)!

Thanks!

Optic is Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 mil. Yeah the fluting is spiral.

What barrel and trigger are you getting?

Reactions: One Mile Up
For those of you that ordered, I'm just curious on how close they are to the date that they give? I've still got 2 months to go and I also have to get a bipod and scope mount.

Ordered 11/19, rec'd 12/15. In this case they said it was sooner due to some barrels that came in, making mine available sooner.