• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Ok. I just took tha beast out of the safe to check. When I slack the action screws lots and the barreleld action is loose in the stock , the mag goes click and all is well. But how do I solve the problem ? I cannot have a barrelled action all loosened in the stock, of course...
Thanks for your help.
Gilbert

take mag and bolt out, put aside... You don't need em until the stock/action are married.

rest stock on butt, place barreled action into space, hand-tighten action screws to prevent movement, but NOT tight at all, just barely snug.
Give the butt a tiny bounce on the floor muzzle up, and make sure the barreled action is centered and plumb and the recoil lug is truly back against the slot for it, then hand tighten the action screws just a little bit more. Keep muzzle pointed up.
The goal is to have the weight of the barreled action sitting as far back and snug as possible against the chassis before tightening. (Sometimes triggers' little screw heads can catch the chassis sides, look for raw aluminum marks when the action is out).
Bounce lightly on floor again on the butt, muzzle up.
Do both screws, front then back, to 25 in-lbs.
Then bounce the rifle on the butt again, just for good measure, lol. Keep it pointed up. Torque front to 65 in-lb. Then rear to 45 in-lb.
Put bolt in and cycle dry fire for function.
Then try the mag.
I've done the foregoing probably over 100 times and it works, lol. If it doesn't, call Vudoo.

Also, what trigger are you using, and what barrel channel did you spec in the manners?

shows you what i know! if a mini chassis isn't fitting, something's wonky

Just bought a V22 360 ( MTU ) and a nice Manners stock with mini chassis. I assembled all and it is real nice. Only problem I have is the plastic mag that comes with it and the 5 round metal mag I bought extra do not stay clicked in the magwell. It is like the lip of the mag is too low and it does not fully click in. HELP ME PLEASE !!
Thanks
Gilbert

Might be something 360 related as my V22 has been in 4 manners stocks with mini chassis and both plastic and aluminum mags run fine. I don’t do anything special when dropping it in the stock. And never put a mag in.

I was going to buy one of the Vudoo Bags listed here for my V22 3-60 Ravage Ridgeback:

It's a beautiful setup, but it would be over $400 including the $75(!) that they want to ship it to me! I checked with a Vudoo dealer and was told that dealers don't even get any kind of discount on them. I like it a lot, but $400 total for a soft bag?!?

It says they're made by "Aguais Precision" but nothing comes up in a Google search for them (except the one Vudoo bag).

Anybody here already have one of those bags?

EDIT: I see that someone else (Rust4Brains) posted questions about it in post# 8,904 but without any responses so far.

Last edited:
According to Vudoo, it is 46x11.5x6 inches. A bigger version, 51 inches, will be offered soon. No divider.

Last edited:
I was going to buy one of the Vudoo Bags listed here for my V22 3-60 Ravage Ridgeback:

It's a beautiful setup, but it would be over $400 including the $75(!) that they want to ship it to me! I checked with a Vudoo dealer and was told that dealers don't even get any kind of discount on them. I like it a lot, but $400 total for a soft bag?!?

It says they're made by "Aguais Precision" but nothing comes up in a Google search for them (except the one Vudoo bag).

Anybody here already have one of those bags?

EDIT: I see that someone else (Rust4Brains) posted questions about it in post# 8,904 but without any responses so far.
I don't know anything about that bag, but for my money I would go with the Armageddon SASS Precision Rifle Case. It fits in a Pelican 1720. UPS Ground shipping to my area is $35.

Rusty, Vudoo CS seems top rate. I bet they would welcome your inquiry direct and appreciate the nudge to provide the pertinent details on their website. I do know that just lately they are run off their feet so give them a few days.

Just a suggestion that arises because I too have learned to use the forums for my questions but in this case (pun intended) you are dealing with VGW.

I don't know anything about that bag, but for my money I would go with the Armageddon SASS Precision Rifle Case. It fits in a Pelican 1720. UPS Ground shipping to my area is $35.
I absolutely agree the Armageddon bag is awesome. I have it along with their 3gun bag that is also awesome. I made my original post about the new Vudoo bag because I am curious about it & all it’s extra small bags. I was on a phone call with Vudoo & asked about it. I was told they really don’t know anything about it other than the manufacturer is a new small start up company. I listed off all my questions for them & suggested they do a video to introduce the new bag. Hopefully we’ll see something soon from Vudoo.

I need my barreled action!

Attachments

• 38DAEE28-CCE4-4A49-8835-D466A83B66D6.jpeg
    38DAEE28-CCE4-4A49-8835-D466A83B66D6.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 180
IMHO, putting a tuner on a Vudoo is akin to putting a bumper sticker on an exotic sports car. Keep in mind, I don't shoot bench rest competitions...so, that might be why I look at it that way.

I wouldn't go that far but some like them and use them even in PRS/NRL style shooting. And with ammo supply like it is it's kind of nice to be able to tune a not so hot lot of ammo in to make it usable.

Tuner won't make it shoot worse and how do you know if it will shoot tighter without testing it?

There is a reason the top custom Rimx and V22 builders put tuners on their barrels.
I understand that. I run tuners myself on centerfire rigs. Im just saying it may not be needed with your Vudoo. I was going to make mine a tuner aswell but with the testing Ive done, its not going to need it at this stage. Im saying for PRS/NRL22 stuff, a tuner aint gonna make more hits happen for me, I'm the weak link well n truly.

You don't have the ability to tune a load with rimfire (unless you are reloading and shooting solids) and with how hard it is to get specific ammo, much less a lot that shoots great in your gun, a Tuner should help. At distance where they are subsonic it may be even more important to use a tuner to get the optimal harmonics leaving the barrel.

I don't shoot 1/4" targets in PRS/NRL but they are at almost every PRS22/NRL22.

Please let us know your thoughts when you receive it. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OK, the VUDOO Rifle Bag arrived today. It is clearly intended to be a premium rifle bag system -- and justifiably so. Materials are first class, stitching looks excellent, and it has plenty of padding. I've put money into hard cases, such as Pelican Storm Case and others, for my guns that I needed to ship or travel in airline cargo, but I've never spent close to $400 for a soft bag before, since I really only use soft bags for trips to local gun ranges and matches and don't have to worry about rough handling. So for me, this bag set is a "luxury"... but I don't have any regrets.

Now to the details, with photos.

1. The small bags, panels and accessories came inside the main bag. There's a reason that this was shipped full-length and not folded... the side panels have 1-inch thick moderately dense foam, providing as much protection as you would hope for in a soft bag. The inside of the main bag is 42.5" straight across... an easy fit for my V22 Ravage Ridgeback with 20" barrel. Plenty of vertical space for my Vortex Golden Eagle scope.

2. The front black flap is the only place you'll find a VUDOO logo embroidered.

3. Underneath the front flap are two zippered pouches, each of which hold three Vudoo mags comfortably (each with 2 side-by-side, plus one laid down so that the zippers easily close). I carry six loaded magazines to most matches, so that's ideal for me.

4. The rear side of the bag has a flat-ish pouch and several D-rings for choosing where to attach your shoulder strap. The outside bottom panel of the bag has a rubberized coating, which could be helpful if you put the bag straight down on a damp surface. The wrap-around center handle has a similar surface.

5. Inside the bag were four smaller bags of various types, and two separator panels (one gray, one black) with Velcro for organizing the accessories and bags to suit the owner. The two small, flat bags almost look like they'd be for pistols. The small but taller bag is well-suited for ammo; standard size bricks such as SK or ELEY fit easily, and even the elongated brick boxes of Lapua Center-X or Midas+.

6. The largest of the interior bags has a removeable magazine pouch panel, and each pouch will hold only one 10-round Vudoo mag, giving a total of four... they're not deep enough to double up the mags like the built in pouches under the main bag's front flap.

7. This shows the bag's inner label. A google search doesn't come up with any results for "ARMMGUARD" though the label says established in 2018.

I don't know if I'll get any more functional use out of this than my MidwayUSA-branded padded "PRO" bags that are about 1/4 the price, but I'm still very pleased to have it and I expect that I'll find more uses for all the other bags, pouches and panels as time goes on... Besides, none of my other soft bags have that very special red "V" logo!

Attachments

• 7 - label.jpg
    7 - label.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 6 separate mag pouch.jpg
    6 separate mag pouch.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 5 - contents.jpg
    5 - contents.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 4 - rear.jpg
    4 - rear.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 3 - under front flap.jpg
    3 - under front flap.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 182
  • 2 - front.jpg
    2 - front.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 1 - package.jpg
    1 - package.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 176
Thank you for the review. In your opinion what would be the longest rifle it will hold.
Thanks.

.22lr AICS Loading Tool

Posted a quick review of a new product coming from Marginet Metalworks in Canada; an aluminum version of the 22lr AICS Loading Tool. Only tested on Vudoo Polymer mags, but should work well with B14r or RimX mags. Makes loading these mags much easier.
Check out www.mmwgear.com if interested.

Also have have some footage from our own NRL22/ORPS matches we run up north for people interested on my channel.

Attachments

• MagLoaderR2.jpg
    MagLoaderR2.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
SO, I was alllll gung-ho about a year ago (I know, I'm a poet!) on getting a V22 custom built... put my order in and waited, and waited... then - life happened and I had to punt on getting my Vudoo built "to the future". Glad I waited! The 360 came out! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back when I was interested in building one out -- folks were talking about "to suppress or NOT to suppress".

So, where do folks land on this now? I ask because I'm interested (again) and would have to choose on cutting the barrel for threads (or not)....

Does cutting the barrel with threads "open up groups"? I've seen some testing on YouTube of folks testing suppressed groups -vs- UNsuppressed groups... but I want to see a comparison of uncut barrel -vs- threaded barrel.

Any insight?

To suppress or not is up to the end user. I don't suppress as I don't have a need to do it. My rifle is threaded and has a thread protector and shoots great and has for years. Nothing "opened up". Might happen on the internet but haven't seen it happen in real life in mine or other people's rifles I know that are threaded.

Interesting, I’m going to have to comb back through the thread — I just remembered that Mike threw his own thoughts out on this too…

Thanks for posting up your experience tho!
MB did put out a video on the VGW instagram page about threaded vs non-threaded, and said threaded barrels can have issues. If you comb back through this thread until some time late spring / early summer of last year you should be able to find the link...if/when you do, please repost the link...I want to bookmark it. I changed my Three 60 order from threaded to non-threaded after that video, and have been very pleased with my purchase. I don't have a suppressor, and if/when I get one I wouldn't be putting it on the Vudoo anyway...on a Kidd for squirrel hunting...yes, I want one.

Reactions: One Mile Up
I can't say with absolute certainty that threading the barrels on my 22RF rifles hurt accuracy or not, but the difference between groups shot with either of the two suppressors I own and without a suppressor mounted shows a definite improvement w/o a can mounted. It doesn't matter to me whether it's because of the weight of the can is acting as a modifier to the harmonics of the barrel, or that it's the effect the suppressor has on the way the gases effect the stability of the bullet, in the same way that my Pro-X tuner does, or both - I've proven to myself several times over than they shoot better without a suppressor. Bums me out because I enjoy shooting a 22RF with std vel ammo suppressed, but that's the way it is.

I've seen a lot of stuff posted on the interwebs with people claiming they get better accuracy "with" a suppressor...I find that hard to believe, but I don't have any hands on experience, so it's not my call to make.

SO, I was alllll gung-ho about a year ago (I know, I'm a poet!) on getting a V22 custom built... put my order in and waited, and waited... then - life happened and I had to punt on getting my Vudoo built "to the future". Glad I waited! The 360 came out! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back when I was interested in building one out -- folks were talking about "to suppress or NOT to suppress".

So, where do folks land on this now? I ask because I'm interested (again) and would have to choose on cutting the barrel for threads (or not)....

Does cutting the barrel with threads "open up groups"? I've seen some testing on YouTube of folks testing suppressed groups -vs- UNsuppressed groups... but I want to see a comparison of uncut barrel -vs- threaded barrel.

Any insight?
I started a post a while back on why not to thread a barrel. I was personally attacked and called every name in the book, mainly by people who know absolutely nothing about remfire accuracy! Simply put, threading releaves metal and opens the bore at the muzzle. this is not what you want if your trying for all the accuracy you can get from a barrel. This is a fact that is known by all custom remfire Smiths, barrel makers and remfire benchrest shooters. MB himself has stated that he is not a fan of threading. This is not to say that threaded barrels are not accurate. It's the degree of accuracy. If you need to shoot suppresed by all means thread. If your interested in nothing but accuracy, Don't thread.

Sometimes groups tighten up with a suppressor. Most times they open up a tad. I stopped shooting with a can mostly because of the amount of shit and debris the seems to fall down into the action. Especially when using the rifle racks at competitions. The smaller groups are a bonus I'll take too.

*.22 only.

I appreciate the quick replies gents, much obliged.

What @littlesister said is in the ballpark of what I recall reading — just need to find it again! 🤪

Now, for my next “weird” question…
Is it possible to swap a barrel out on one of these bad mamma-jammas??? If so - how easy/hard is it to do?!?

I’d love to just get two barrels, one cut for my suppressor - the other uncut!

I can't say with absolute certainty that threading the barrels on my 22RF rifles hurt accuracy or not, but the difference between groups shot with either of the two suppressors I own and without a suppressor mounted shows a definite improvement w/o a can mounted. It doesn't matter to me whether it's because of the weight of the can is acting as a modifier to the harmonics of the barrel, or that it's the effect the suppressor has on the way the gases effect the stability of the bullet, in the same way that my Pro-X tuner does, or both - I've proven to myself several times over than they shoot better without a suppressor. Bums me out because I enjoy shooting a 22RF with std vel ammo suppressed, but that's the way it is.

How do you like the pro-x tuner? I was considering one but didn't have a local smith to bore it out for me.

I appreciate the quick replies gents, much obliged.

What @littlesister said is in the ballpark of what I recall reading — just need to find it again! 🤪

Now, for my next “weird” question…
Is it possible to swap a barrel out on one of these bad mamma-jammas??? If so - how easy/hard is it to do?!?

I’d love to just get two barrels, one cut for my suppressor - the other uncut!
There are probably people here that can respond that question, but it might be better to just call VGW and ask them.

littlepod, I only tried the Pro-X on the V-22 repeater after seeing how much one tightened up the already good groups I was getting with a Shilen ratchet rifled bbl that I'd chambered with a Nevius reamer for my V-22S. I'd finished the Krieger sendero contour blank on the repeater at 22" and had threaded it 1/2-28 for a TBAC 22TD. After I stopped shooting with that can, I decided to try another Pro-X on the repeater's Krieger. I parted-off the threaded portion, cut a fresh 11* crown, bored the tuner to fit, and ran the numbers on the Purdy Prescription. Didn't take a lot of tuning to get a very good lot of SK Rifle Match that I've been shooting in this rifle to tighten up a bunch. I've found that groups shrank considerably at 50, 100, & 200yds, but haven't shot it at 300. The shiny aluminum looks out of place on a 21" bbl that's wearing graphite black CeraKote, and I'd really appreciate it if they made this model with a black anodized finish with the 'clicks' engraved after the anodizing. It's hard to see the rather faint engraving out in bright sunlight, but then my eyes aren't what they used to be...

littlepod, I only tried the Pro-X on the V-22 repeater after seeing how much one tightened up the already good groups I was getting with a Shilen ratchet rifled bbl that I'd chambered with a Nevius reamer for my V-22S. I'd finished the Krieger sendero contour blank on the repeater at 22" and had threaded it 1/2-28 for a TBAC 22TD. After I stopped shooting with that can, I decided to try another Pro-X on the repeater's Krieger. I parted-off the threaded portion, cut a fresh 11* crown, bored the tuner to fit, and ran the numbers on the Purdy Prescription. Didn't take a lot of tuning to get a very good lot of SK Rifle Match that I've been shooting in this rifle to tighten up a bunch. I've found that groups shrank considerably at 50, 100, & 200yds, but haven't shot it at 300. The shiny aluminum looks out of place on a 21" bbl that's wearing graphite black CeraKote, and I'd really appreciate it if they made this model with a black anodized finish with the 'clicks' engraved after the anodizing. It's hard to see the rather faint engraving out in bright sunlight, but then my eyes aren't what they used to be...

I have a custom Benchmark 3 Groove .9" at the muzzle. But I also don't shoot any benchrest and don't need the additional accuracy for PRS/NRL but it is always fun to be multi-faceted and be able to play with my Vudoo in some benchrest settings. Maybe I should go pick up a Pro-X and find someone to do the .9" boring on it.

My barrel is also factory stainless so it should match pretty well.

1640066168397.png

Be careful - it's another step 'down the accuracy rabbit-hole'...lol I've always been very pleased with the accuracy I was seeing out of the Krieger on my original V-22 repeater, but after testing and getting the tune set with the Pro-X, I really doubt I'll ever take it off. One other benefit I didn't mention is that my repeater sounds noticeably quieter with the Pro-X attached, especially while shooting down a concrete feedlot alley with concrete bunks on both sides that reflect a lot of muzzle report back at me. It's in no way comparable to a good suppressor, but it is quite noticeable. It also adds 2.5" of length, using a 3/4" bushing.

Attachments

• DSC_0378.JPG
    DSC_0378.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: littlepod
Be careful - it's another step 'down the accuracy rabbit-hole'...lol I've always been very pleased with the accuracy I was seeing out of the Krieger on my original V-22 repeater, but after testing and getting the tune set with the Pro-X, I really doubt I'll ever take it off. One other benefit I didn't mention is that my repeater sounds noticeably quieter with the Pro-X attached, especially while shooting down a concrete feedlot alley with concrete bunks on both sides that reflect a lot of muzzle report back at me. It's in no way comparable to a good suppressor, but it is quite noticeable. It also adds 2.5" of length, using a 3/4" bushing.

Yeh my barrel is already 22"... that's going to be a lengthy little beast.

MB did put out a video on the VGW instagram page about threaded vs non-threaded, and said threaded barrels can have issues. If you comb back through this thread until some time late spring / early summer of last year you should be able to find the link...if/when you do, please repost the link...I want to bookmark it. I changed my Three 60 order from threaded to non-threaded after that video, and have been very pleased with my purchase. I don't have a suppressor, and if/when I get one I wouldn't be putting it on the Vudoo anyway...on a Kidd for squirrel hunting...yes, I want one.
I found it, here's the link to what MB put on instagram about threaded barrel vs target crown:

It’s true. If you thread the barrel it will shoot like garbage. This is all I could do at 50 yards with 5 shots. Trash!!! And that’s a barrel with thousands of rounds on it. Will probably keep opening up. Lol

D4316AEF-33CB-427C-8876-D1F85D207915.jpeg