• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

It’s true. If you thread the barrel it will shoot like garbage. This is all I could do at 50 yards with 5 shots. Trash!!! And that’s a barrel with thousands of rounds on it. Will probably keep opening up. Lol

View attachment 7766333

What about out at distance tho? I’m not all that interested in shooting much at 50y. Im looking for 100y all the way out to 1,000y (for funsies).

Have you tested this rifle at distances of 100y and on to see how it groups?

Thanks!

Just received my 2nd 360 today, 20" barrel on the original, 22" on this one.
Both threaded.

10 at 50 yards ...
1640115159644.png

"Have you tested this rifle at distances of 100y and on to see how it groups?"

3 100 yard 10 shot groups with 3 different lots of SK and CenterX...

1640115241100.png

Last edited:
Anything out past 100y???

I've shot a bunch beyond 100.

200 yards it can shoot close to MOA with light winds.
I can readily hit 2-3 MOA plates out to 300, but It's really a lot of luck at that distance and beyond.
Its's fun to randomly get hits, but 22s just get blown around (up, down and sideways) too much to waste much effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: One Mile Up
What about out at distance tho? I’m not all that interested in shooting much at 50y. Im looking for 100y all the way out to 1,000y (for funsies).

Have you tested this rifle at distances of 100y and on to see how it groups?

Thanks!

Does awesome at distance. I shoot it in matches shooting out to 400+. I have shot it on paper at 100 where it’s about 1/2 moa and at 200 it was about 1.75” and at 300 it was about 3.5”. Last match I shot had to take three shots at 400 as the last target and those shots where about 3-4” using target size as a reference.

Pretty sure that's not what he said.
It was a joke as the LOL was on the end. But unless you are shooting at the top limits of BR I doubt you will see any dicernible difference in accuracy and for people shooting any practical matches like PRS/NRL it's even more a waste of time to worry about threaded vs non threaded.

Practically the thread protector could get loose and it is more effort to clean. So I do like that aspect of not having to think of those things with my unthreaded Vudoo.

Nothing more to clean. Still just hit the crown with a cloth like any non threaded. Thread protector doesn’t have to come off. Doesn’t loosen either. Well mine hasn’t in over 4 years of shooting matches and plinking. If that worries put some blue loctite on it.

Bottom line is don’t need threads then don’t get them. I don’t need mine but they were coming with them when I got mine so I got them. If I got another I would probably not get it as I don’t have a suppressor and don’t have a need. Not because of accuracy issues or cleaning or worrying about loosening. Get what you have the need for. Hell maybe I would get them so I could pop my tuner on. Hmmm. Lol

Hell maybe I would get them so I could pop my tuner on. Hmmm. Lol

That’s why I had my Vudoo come with threads. I have an Ezell tuner that I ordered as threaded and I actually move it between different match rifles. Different rifles, different ammo they each like, and different optimized settings on JUST ONE tuner to make each rifle/ammo combo even better. I could have just but a separate tuner for each rifle, but I like it this way!

Reactions: Rob01
I still wanna know how to swap a barrel on a Vudoo… is it a PITA? I can’t find any vids or info on this.

I’d love to just have a few different barrels for fun…

I still wanna know how to swap a barrel on a Vudoo… is it a PITA? I can’t find any vids or info on this.

I’d love to just have a few different barrels for fun…
I've done it a couple of times. All I did was remove the barreled action from the stock and place the barrel in my barrel vise. Insert the action wrench and screw the action off the barrel. Insert new barrel in the vise with the witness mark up (so it's easy to see) and screw action on until it indexes the two witness marks (one on the barrel and one on the action). From what I understand (and I may be wrong) you cannot order pre-fit barrels for Vudoo's. You will need to have each barrel fitted to your action.

I have a new 360 headed my way-- should be here Friday. It is coming with two barrels and a new 3-lug action wrench so I can change them back and forth. Hope this helps!

Shane

- Remove the barreled action from the stock and place the barrel in my barrel vise.
- Insert the action wrench and screw the action off the barrel.
- Insert new barrel in the vise with the witness mark up (so it's easy to see) and screw action on until it indexes the two witness marks (one on the barrel and one on the action).
Dude, thank you for posting this up. I've never done this so I have no clue! HAHAHA! I love working with my hands tho, and would much rather do it (and learn) myself than to pay someone to do it for me.

My tentative plan (as of right now):
- 20" | Kukri | spiral fluted | threaded
- 20" | MTU | UN-threaded

I'd love to stuff the barreled action into the new Falkor Roc chassis but still haven't really settled on that (yet).

Yeah the hard part is all the machining. It's easy to pop them apart and screw a barrel on. Do it with my centerfires all the time. Order the barrels up and have some fun.

OK, the VUDOO Rifle Bag arrived today. It is clearly intended to be a premium rifle bag system -- and justifiably so. Materials are first class, stitching looks excellent, and it has plenty of padding. I've put money into hard cases, such as Pelican Storm Case and others, for my guns that I needed to ship or travel in airline cargo, but I've never spent close to $400 for a soft bag before, since I really only use soft bags for trips to local gun ranges and matches and don't have to worry about rough handling. So for me, this bag set is a "luxury"... but I don't have any regrets.

Now to the details, with photos.

1. The small bags, panels and accessories came inside the main bag. There's a reason that this was shipped full-length and not folded... the side panels have 1-inch thick moderately dense foam, providing as much protection as you would hope for in a soft bag. The inside of the main bag is 42.5" straight across... an easy fit for my V22 Ravage Ridgeback with 20" barrel. Plenty of vertical space for my Vortex Golden Eagle scope.

2. The front black flap is the only place you'll find a VUDOO logo embroidered.

3. Underneath the front flap are two zippered pouches, each of which hold three Vudoo mags comfortably (each with 2 side-by-side, plus one laid down so that the zippers easily close). I carry six loaded magazines to most matches, so that's ideal for me.

4. The rear side of the bag has a flat-ish pouch and several D-rings for choosing where to attach your shoulder strap. The outside bottom panel of the bag has a rubberized coating, which could be helpful if you put the bag straight down on a damp surface. The wrap-around center handle has a similar surface.

5. Inside the bag were four smaller bags of various types, and two separator panels (one gray, one black) with Velcro for organizing the accessories and bags to suit the owner. The two small, flat bags almost look like they'd be for pistols. The small but taller bag is well-suited for ammo; standard size bricks such as SK or ELEY fit easily, and even the elongated brick boxes of Lapua Center-X or Midas+.

6. The largest of the interior bags has a removeable magazine pouch panel, and each pouch will hold only one 10-round Vudoo mag, giving a total of four... they're not deep enough to double up the mags like the built in pouches under the main bag's front flap.

7. This shows the bag's inner label. A google search doesn't come up with any results for "ARMMGUARD" though the label says established in 2018.

I don't know if I'll get any more functional use out of this than my MidwayUSA-branded padded "PRO" bags that are about 1/4 the price, but I'm still very pleased to have it and I expect that I'll find more uses for all the other bags, pouches and panels as time goes on... Besides, none of my other soft bags have that very special red "V" logo!
That Vudoo case sure looks good. Has anyone ordered a Cole-Tac UCR case?
I was looking at this case. Savior LRP

I'd love to stuff the barreled action into the new Falkor Roc chassis but still haven't really settled on that (yet).

Out of curiosity, I did a search on the Falkor Roc chassis you mentioned.
It's a really cool chassis and love the fact it's made from 7075 which is a rarity these days. 👍🏻
Only know of one other chassis made from 7075.
Would love to get one in red. 😎

That is epic!!! What are the specs?
Unfortunately this one isn’t a rimfire. Was just posting this to show a short arca section works pretty well off a tripod and a bag. I had it out for hunting.

Tikka in 7Saum, 27” Bartlein,MDT LSS XL, Bushnell LRTS.

Reactions: Aussiedan
Played with my Vudoo 360 and an ATS tuner behind my Thunderbeast suppressor. I wanted to see if I could tighten up a random lot of ammo with this (Bartlien 16 twist) barrel.

Moving the tuner a total of about a turn did this. After I got to 2, I stopped.

These are all 5 shot groups off a bipod and Traust rear bag at 50 yards.

ikK2rzal.jpg

z8Hl37bl.jpg

xPBYutOl.jpg

2aDkeVkl.jpg

Played with my Vudoo 360 and an ATS tuner behind my Thunderbeast suppressor. I wanted to see if I could tighten up a random lot of ammo with this (Bartlien 16 twist) barrel.

Moving the tuner a total of about a turn did this. After I got to 2, I stopped.

These are all 5 shot groups off a bipod and Traust rear bag at 50 yards.

ikK2rzal.jpg

z8Hl37bl.jpg

xPBYutOl.jpg

2aDkeVkl.jpg
Thanks. I've been wondering about tuners and this confirms it. Does this translate both far and near or is this tuned for 50 yards?

Thanks. I've been wondering about tuners and this confirms it. Does this translate both far and near or is this tuned for 50 yards?
A tuner is set for the rifle/ammo combination — optimizing bullet release from the muzzle at the peak of the vibration wave to best mitigate cartridge-to-cartridge velocity variation. Should be optimal at all distances.

Great example of a tuned barrel. Before and after. I'm sure. that's a 50 yd group, but remember a gun has to shoot at 50 to have any chance at 100 and beyond. At this point I would leave the gun alone and start testing ammo for different ranges.

I found it, here's the link to what MB put on instagram about threaded barrel vs target crown:

Bartlein commented on that video:

A lighter weight contour when the barrel gets button rifled (Bartlein Barrels only does single point cut rifling) the stress being put into the blank is much greater. As you turn the contour smaller and smaller in size this can have a negative effect on the bore sizes changing and opening up. When this happens you cannot make the bore size smaller. This is not an issue with single point cut rifling. We don’t see this happening at all. Same can be said about threading the muzzle of the barrel for a muzzle brake or suppressor attachment. On button rifled barrels, threading the muzzle this is a common problem with the bore opening up. The last place you want the bore to open up or go sour on you is right at the muzzle's crown edge. Anything going wrong here has a negative impact on accuracy.

The video link below shows this process happening. The point of the video isn’t to pick on other barrel makers but to suggest to people to make the muzzle threads as large as you can to prevent this from happening. The first barrels where all the bores open up are all button rifled barrels. The last barrels are Bartlein cut rifled barrels. Yes the threads are larger on our barrels but we have made barrels with muzzle threads that measured 5/8” and we turned these down from a blank that started out at 2.280” o.d. and have not scrapped/rejected a single barrel because of it.”

From the bottom of this link

Good afternoon Vudoo Friends.
I have posted some of this on the Single Shot Thread. But it really belongs here. The Repeater Thread....
Well, I loved my RBLP V22S Single Shot so much that I wanted a repeater in that set up. I love being able to look into the chamber without having to stand on my head to do so. I like being able to see when mags are empty... Ordered the 3-60 RBLP Repeater Mid-June and it arrived Wednesday this week. It looks great. I got it set up in an MPA BA Comp Chassis. 20" Bartlein Barrel. Trigger Tech 2 Stage Diamond. I ran a mag full of Eley Match and it put them in and out nicely.
I was able to go shoot this morning. I will post the targets. Description is on the Vudoo Single Shot Thread.
Attached are some pics for your enjoyment...
Shoot straight and enjoy the ride.
4Certain

3-60 RBLP Repeater Action 1.jpg3-60 RBLP Repeater Action 3.jpg3-60 RBLP Repeater in MPA Chassis Closed Bolt.jpg12 31 21 3-60 RBLP Repeater 12 shot group Eley.jpg12 31 21 3-60 RBLP Repeater Ammo Testing.jpg3-60 RBLP Repeater in MPA Chassis.jpg

Attachments

• 3-60 RBLP Repeater in MPA Chassis Bolt Side.jpg
    3-60 RBLP Repeater in MPA Chassis Bolt Side.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 94
Pretty excited to see my V22 show a glimmer of life. Just installed my TriggerTech Diamond trigger. Scope, rings, bubble level enroute - 2500 rounds of Centre X in the mail. Grayboe stock won’t be here until March 🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s going to be a long winter

Attachments

• 885D9480-76CD-4493-8A32-E30A91DAA238.jpeg
    885D9480-76CD-4493-8A32-E30A91DAA238.jpeg
    877.2 KB · Views: 49
Pretty excited to see my V22 show a glimmer of life. Just installed my TriggerTech Diamond trigger. Scope, rings, bubble level enroute - 2500 rounds of Centre X in the mail. Grayboe stock won’t be here until March 🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s going to be a long winter
Where is Center x coming from, I can't find

Happy New Year All - My brand new full VGW build just came in, and aside from shooting fantastic, I'm having a strange issue. With Eley Match ammo, the cases won't eject. Stuck in the chamber. Anyone ever have a similar issue? Could it just be a bad box of Eley? I have zero issues with other ammo brands.

Happy New Year All - My brand new full VGW build just came in, and aside from shooting fantastic, I'm having a strange issue. With Eley Match ammo, the cases won't eject. Stuck in the chamber. Anyone ever have a similar issue? Could it just be a bad box of Eley? I have zero issues with other ammo brands.
I've heard of similar issues with "other" wax lubed ammo, so I haven't tried any in mine...yet. I've only been running SK rifle match (not pleased with the consistency) and SK pistol match, which has been better than the rifle match.

Was it having problems from the start, or did it take a few rounds to start having issues with extraction?

Have shot thousands in my Vudoo and never an issue. Has it always happened with just Eley?

This has only happened with Eley and it happened after about 400 rounds thru it. I have yet to try another box of Eley, as it shot about 50 rounds of the same lot just fine.

After this happened to a bunch of rounds, I switched to center x and it ran smoothly.

Very strange for a brand new factory build. Hmm.

This has only happened with Eley and it happened after about 400 rounds thru it. I have yet to try another box of Eley, as it shot about 50 rounds of the same lot just fine.

After this happened to a bunch of rounds, I switched to center x and it ran smoothly.

Very strange for a brand new factory build. Hmm.
Give it a few hundred rounds to break in, and, as Rob said, clean the chamber. I had a similar "issue" with mine, which mostly disappeared after a brick or two of not-Lapua ammo. The easy button is to run Lapua / SK, for which the chamber is designed.

My V22 360 had an ejection issue with Laupa Center-X. By "stuck in the chamber" you mean it extracts the casing, but then bounces inside the chamber, not ejecting? It is a known problem with the 360 that only happens on some. Contact VGW. I sent my bolt in, they shaved off part of the lug on the bolt, allowing the bolt to go back farther so the casing hits the extractor more. It solves the issue. My turn around was a little under two weeks.

Attachments

• bolt.JPG
    bolt.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 75
My V22 360 had an ejection issue with Laupa Center-X. By "stuck in the chamber" you mean it extracts the casing, but then bounces inside the chamber, not ejecting? It is a known problem with the 360 that only happens on some. Contact VGW. I sent my bolt in, they shaved off part of the lug on the bolt, allowing the bolt to go back farther so the casing hits the extractor more. It solves the issue. My turn around was a little under two weeks.

No, by stuck in the chamber I mean the brass remains in the chamber. As if the extractors don't have enough strength to pull the brass from the chamber after firing. Strange since its a controlled round feed so clearly the extractors fed the round into the chamber right?

I'll give the rifle its first good cleaning and respond back if this issue continues. Hopefully the cleaning will solve the issue.

Reactions: jego
The brass expands during ignition. It's just enough to get stuck in your tight chamber.

As said above, they're reamed for Lapua. Keep shooting it and it may clearance itself or call Vudoo and have them fix it. There's really no other solution unless you have your own chamber ream and know how to use it.

No, by stuck in the chamber I mean the brass remains in the chamber. As if the extractors don't have enough strength to pull the brass from the chamber after firing. Strange since its a controlled round feed so clearly the extractors fed the round into the chamber right?

I'll give the rifle its first good cleaning and respond back if this issue continues. Hopefully the cleaning will solve the issue.

Check to make sure your extractor on your bolt isn't chipped and also that it's clean (no gunk underneath it).

Reactions: MPrimo
Jeez all these many little issues I’m reading of late are a bit concerning. I’m over the pond in Australia waiting for the 360 to turn up. Sending a rifle back to America would be a f#$@king nightmare the way things are, to have any of these issues sorted. At $3200 bucks here I’m hoping it’s floorless. 🤞🏼

Reactions: Hegre
Jeez all these many little issues I’m reading of late are a bit concerning. I’m over the pond in Australia waiting for the 360 to turn up. Sending a rifle back to America would be a f#$@king nightmare the way things are, to have any of these issues sorted. At $3200 bucks here I’m hoping it’s floorless. 🤞🏼
Mate, I've had my 360 for maybe 4 months now. Not an issue at all. Its been flawless. Dont worry about it until its here.

• Love
Reactions: Heffo
I've heard about the problems with early Zermatt Rim-X extractors getting 'chipped' when someone closes the bolt on a round that's already in the chamber, but 'chipped' V-22 extractors??

I've heard about the problems with early Zermatt Rim-X extractors getting 'chipped' when someone closes the bolt on a round that's already in the chamber, but 'chipped' V-22 extractors??
In a Rimx, you can't close the bolt when a round is in the chamber.

Mate, I've had my 360 for maybe 4 months now. Not an issue at all. Its been flawless. Dont worry about it until its here.
Plenty of reason to worry. Those of us with issues cant just send the action back for a permanent fix. QC needs to be 100% for exported actions. I just started round two of trying to reduce misfires and really hoping for a permanent fix, otherwise I will have to send it back which will be a major PITA and very expensive.

Reactions: Heffo
Plenty of reason to worry. Those of us with issues cant just send the action back for a permanent fix. QC needs to be 100% for exported actions. I just started round two of trying to reduce misfires and really hoping for a permanent fix, otherwise I will have to send it back which will be a major PITA and very expensive.

What did Vudoo say to fix this issue? I thought light strikes either a strong firing pin spring, or you can adjust how much the firing pin extrudes from the bolt?

Reactions: Jefe's Dope