• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Guys, can you tell me what the current firing pin configuration is? Still the crescent?

Thanks,

RFS99

Thanks guys. The Eley Match Black Box that I am shooting does have their Patented 'Flat' Nose. Not really 'flat'... Sort of...
It is the Lapua that my Shilen barrel does not seem to like. Likes it some times then a bad flier.. .. BAD Flier... So that is a no go for me.
The Eley Black Box has been very consistent at 50, 100 and 200 yards in my Vudoo repeaters.

Attached is today's Match Target. 250/19x. And I have 5 and maybe 6 targets that were 1/64" away from being an X.
Shooting my V22Single Shot in the MPA BA Competition Chassis. With the F Class Bag rider front and the straight bag rider rear. See pics above, and a gun pic below.
Thank for your thoughts.
4Certain

View attachment 7712702View attachment 7712708
With Jacques, we shoot the same ELEY TENEX on the same barrel/rifle.. This lot has been selected in Germany at ELEY range tunnel. I got a 749x50 on 3 targets during the last competition.
No need to sort by weight, all of the ammos are between 3.328 and 3.330 grammes !!!
Same about the concentricity, it is always 1 or 2/100 mm, this is very exceptional.
The tenex lot number is 1021 03108, at a speed of 1060 ft/s
But ....it is difficult to compare the scores as the rests and rear stuff are not the same than you, we are only authorize to have sand bags, not the FCLASS rest you have on the pictures. I have a LENZI rest with a rotating head.
I am waiting my vudoo V22S since July 2020, it is stucked in a container in new york by the FFL..... :(

See you soon vudoo fans, with a report of my tests on the vudoo V22S

Good afternoon Vudoo Friends. Shot another Match this morning with my Vudoo Single Shot in a MPA BA Competition Chassis. As pictured above. I am frankly surprised how well this works. Today's Score 250-20x. Target pasted below. Now it is being shot on my T-Rex Rodzilla Rest which is Wonderful and helps a ton...

My three fliers were on me. I failed to push the rig back up the front stop... Next time I practice, I am going to leave the gun shoved a bit to the rear and see if I can duplicate the error... I also need to slick up the front bag rider a bit...

But all in all I have been very, very pleased with the way the Vudoo Single Shot has worked in the MPA Chassis.
My Kestros stock is due back next week or so.... Interested to see how it works on the T-Rex Rodzilla. I will let you know.
Shoot Straight and Stay Safe.
4Certain

2021-10-7 Benchrest 250-20x V22S in MPA BA Chassis. Eley 51.02-04.jpg

Good afternoon Vudoo Friends. Shot another Match this morning with my Vudoo Single Shot in a MPA BA Competition Chassis. As pictured above. I am frankly surprised how well this works. Today's Score 250-20x. Target pasted below. Now it is being shot on my T-Rex Rodzilla Rest which is Wonderful and helps a ton...

My three fliers were on me. I failed to push the rig back up the front stop... Next time I practice, I am going to leave the gun shoved a bit to the rear and see if I can duplicate the error... I also need to slick up the front bag rider a bit...

But all in all I have been very, very pleased with the way the Vudoo Single Shot has worked in the MPA Chassis.
My Kestros stock is due back next week or so.... Interested to see how it works on the T-Rex Rodzilla. I will let you know.
Shoot Straight and Stay Safe.
4Certain

View attachment 7716779
Have you shot an ARA UL target? Looks like you would have scored a 2200 out of 2500. Good shooting.

Have you shot an ARA UL target? Looks like you would have scored a 2200 out 2500. Good shooting.
Thanks GKGeiger. No I have not shot a ARA UL Target. Send me a PDF or Pic... or Link. Just the one pictured above and practice targets based on it.
Always fun to hit what you are aiming at. And puzzling and possibly frustrating when you do not!!
4Certain

It's similar to what you shoot but scored worst edge, in other words if you break the line you are scored the next less score. You must stay within the bull to receive 100 pts. Here is one I shot recently, it scored 2225. Ex. 1,4,9 17, were 50's and 3 was a 25. Our club has a computer program that scores our targets. If it's questionable we plug it.

IMG_0649.jpg

It's similar to what you shoot but scored worst edge, in other words if you break the line you are scored the next less score. You must stay within the bull to receive 100 pts. Here is one I shot recently, it scored 2225. Ex. 1,4,9 17, were 50's and 3 was a 25. Our club has a computer program that scores our targets. If it's questionable we plug it.

View attachment 7716819
Very Nice! Worst edge is certainly harder.
4Certain

View attachment 7716819
gkgeiger, what stock do you have on your Vudoo ss?

As I stated earlier in this thread, I don’t have a Vudoo, hope to have a repeater some day. I have a 2500XS in a Rotex stock and a CZ 457 VPT that I shoot ARA with.
gkgeiger, my mistake. Sorry. I also have a 2500x in Rotex. Small world...

RFS99

Reactions: gkgeiger
Hello to all

A miracle.....my V22S rifle has finally arrived in France, I don't have it yet but the gunsmith in Paris who received it was amazed to see this weapon.
It remains to make it pass in control CIP (test of closing with ammunition GO no GO) and then manufacture of the stock, beding, assembly, adjustment tuner, tests in target.
tests can be in December?
for the moment competition with the Turbo V3 next week end with Tenex.
Jacques

Earlier this week I was in St. George, Utah, shooting rimfire benchrest in their Senior Games.
While there, I stopped by Vudoo Gun Works and asked if I could get a tour. CEO Paul Parrott graciously personally gave us a tour. I was able to see some V22 S rifles in production, some just as I had ordered for myself (mine is due in Jan.). I was able to pick up a Vudoo ECI.

IMG_2135(2).JPG

The medal I got doesn't mean much, as most everyone got one.

Earlier this week I was in St. George, Utah, shooting rimfire benchrest in their Senior Games.
While there, I stopped by Vudoo Gun Works and asked if I could get a tour. CEO Paul Parrott graciously personally gave us a tour. I was able to see some V22 S rifles in production, some just as I had ordered for myself (mine is due in Jan.). I was able to pick up a Vudoo ECI.

IMG_2135(2).JPG

The medal I got doesn't mean much, as most everyone got one.
Neat accessory. Does the bolt assembly disassembly tool, in Vudoo Accessories, work on V-22S?

Neat accessory. Does the bolt assembly disassembly tool, in Vudoo Accessories, work on V-22S?
Here's the verbiage directly from the VGW website:

The Vudoo bolt assembly and disassembly tool was designed to make working with your Vudoo repeater and single shot bolts much easier. The design gives you just the leverage you need to compress the firing pin spring and align the cocking piece with the shroud detent. Can be used to re-cock the bolt, as well as assemble and disassemble all Vudoo rimfire rifles including the 90 degree 2-lug, 60 degree 3-lug, and Single Shot (bench rest) versions.

Reactions: AUMan and GTI
Hello to all

A miracle.....my V22S rifle has finally arrived in France, I don't have it yet but the gunsmith in Paris who received it was amazed to see this weapon.
It remains to make it pass in control CIP (test of closing with ammunition GO no GO) and then manufacture of the stock, beding, assembly, adjustment tuner, tests in target.
tests can be in December?
for the moment competition with the Turbo V3 next week end with Tenex.
Jacques
Hi Jacques
This reply is in connection to an earlier post of yours concerning the requirement in Europe to carry the bolt separate from the gun when in transit. We face similar restrictions in some parts of Australia, in addition many of us store out bolt separate from the rifle for added security. We use a bolt protector for this. This accessory simulates a receiver and allows you to store the bolt 'uncocked' - just as if it was in your gun with the action fired.

The bolt protector is made from high impact plastic by Jason Lowe who invented it - well at least here in Australia. His company, Lowey Products, can be accessed at www.loweyproducts.com or Facebook @LoweyProducts. Jason and his wife Debby are active Club shooters - both prone using aperture sights and scopes from a bench rest: so you are dealing with knowledgeable people and dedicated shooters.

Jason makes a range of accessories: rod guides, tuners, bolt protectors etc. I color code my bolt protectors and rod guides - storing my guns with the rod guide in place (they are made to lock in with the receiver bolt lock) so it's a simple job to run a patch through the barrel before leaving for the range. He has protectors and guides available for most of the common makes and models of rimfire and centrefire actions. I know he has bolt protectors for the V22, V22 360 and the V22s. He has rod guides for the both the V22 and the 360 - single shot rod guide currently under development.

Anyway - I have attached (I hope) some photos . Jason exports frequently to France (just sent a shipment of Turbo rod guides there) so export anywhere is not a problem. Cost of a bolt protector is approx. EU 29.00 or US$33.80. Ros guide EU22.55/US$26.30 and postage to France is approx EU23.

Hope this is of some assistance
Graham

Attachments

• P1010667_edited-1.jpg
    P1010667_edited-1.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010669_edited-1.jpg
    P1010669_edited-1.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 102
  • P1010673_edited-1.jpg
    P1010673_edited-1.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010675_edited-1.jpg
    P1010675_edited-1.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 93
I have 14 bricks of Midas + and 9 bricks of Center X, if there is any interest in this ammo I will sign up on the classifieds and list.
Thanks

Reactions: Ubique4
I have 14 bricks of Midas + and 9 bricks of Center X, if there is any interest in this ammo I will sign up on the classifieds and list.
Thanks
I'd be interested in a brick of Ctr-X with a speed around 1065......

There seems to be interest in the ammo so I will sign up on classifieds and get back to you all.

3 bricks Midas + Lot # 1273

LOT # correction

Last edited:
Good evening Vudoo Friends.
I said I would post my next targets once I received my Kestros Stock back from Vudoo Central. And shot it on my new T-Rex Rodzilla Front Rest.
I was very pleased. This is my Vudoo Single Shot in the Kestros Stock. The Kestros Stock worked quite well on the T-Rex Rest. Very smooth. The Rest is very precise and easy to aim small. I am very appreciative of Rod's work on this fine piece of equipment.

Next week I am going to try a new weighted stock configuration.

Here are my scores for last Thursday and the one before.
Wishing you all the best.
4 Certain

.2021 10 28 Benchrest 250-20x Kestros Stock; Windy..jpg2021 11 4. Benchrest 250-20x; Kestros Stock.  32 Deg..jpg

Good evening Vudoo Friends.
I said I would post my next targets once I received my Kestros Stock back from Vudoo Central. And shot it on my new T-Rex Rodzilla Front Rest.
I was very pleased. This is my Vudoo Single Shot in the Kestros Stock. The Kestros Stock worked quite well on the T-Rex Rest. Very smooth. The Rest is very precise and easy to aim small. I am very appreciative of Rod's work on this fine piece of equipment.

Next week I am going to try a new weighted stock configuration.

Here are my scores for last Thursday and the one before.
Wishing you all the best.
4 Certain

.View attachment 7735300View attachment 7735301
Nicely done my friend!

Reactions: 4Certain
Because the target images provided by 4Certain were of sufficient resolution that I'd have very small uncertainties in my measurements (+/- 0.005"), I thought it might be interesting to plot the shots and input that point data into OnTarget TDS so as to see how they compare to the much more difficult Unlimited ARA target.

I thought it might give everyone a much needed perspective for all of you who may be considering competing in the largest RFBR organization in the world.

This isn't in anyway whatsoever an attempt on my part to belittle 4Certain or anyone else who has posted targets on this thread. It's simply perspective for educating everyone in how competitive ARA is and may allow all of you to set goals or compare your skill level against the best on the planet.

To do that, you can follow this link to see scores and rankings: American Rimfire Association

As an example, you can go to September and scroll down to the ARA National Tournament and find that the agg for the 2 targets shot by 4Certain was a 2025 and would have placed in a tie for 47th out of 102 shooters in St Louis. However, be advised, the conditions at the Nationals were tricky and at times very difficult. I don't know what conditions 4Certain had, so it's sometimes difficult if not impossible to make a direct comparison.

Landy

The results for the 2 targets which would be a 2075 and 1975 ARA score:

atds.jpg

btds.jpg

Because the target images provided by 4Certain were of sufficient resolution that I'd have very small uncertainties in my measurements (+/- 0.005"), I thought it might be interesting to plot the shots and input that point data into OnTarget TDS so as to see how they compare to the much more difficult Unlimited ARA target.

I thought it might give everyone a much needed perspective for all of you who may be considering competing in the largest RFBR organization in the world.

This isn't in anyway whatsoever an attempt on my part to belittle 4Certain or anyone else who has posted targets on this thread. It's simply perspective for educating everyone in how competitive ARA is and may allow all of you to set goals or compare your skill level against the best on the planet.

To do that, you can follow this link to see scores and rankings: American Rimfire Association

As an example, you can go to September and scroll down to the ARA National Tournament and find that the agg for the 2 targets shot by 4Certain was a 2025 and would have placed in a tie for 47th out of 102 shooters in St Louis. However, be advised, the conditions at the Nationals were tricky and at times very difficult. I don't know what conditions 4Certain had, so it's sometimes difficult if not impossible to make a direct comparison.

Landy

The results for the 2 targets which would be a 2075 and 1975 ARA score:

View attachment 7735907

View attachment 7735909
Great work Landy.
I am just grateful to be able to shoot at all!
My conditions two weeks ago was a mild but very switchy wind. The conditions this week were very calm but the temp was 32 degrees. I think that affected some of my shots. Next cold day I will keep my ammo warmer.
Thank you for your work and insight.
4Certain

Landy,
I’m glad you did that. I used to shoot IR50/50 and was able to score 249 or 250 regularly. Now I shoot ARA and have yet to shoot a 2500.

Do I have this right ... the scoring is worst edge, the ten diameter is 0.5 inches, and the dot has to be gone for a 10x.

Landy, I've been using average distance to center and SD of same as my yardstick for judging my experiments, ammo, tunes, etc. Is it valid considering there is never any 'room' on the low side for a two SD's yet in 40 rounds (F Class 50yd) I need two SD's to account for my outer shots.
I suspect you will be modest and proclaim you are but a mere farmer but I'm pretty sure if any farmer can offer an qualified opinion it is you.

I always enjoy and learn from your posts, thanks.

Great work Landy.
I am just grateful to be able to shoot at all!
My conditions two weeks ago was a mild but very switchy wind. The conditions this week were very calm but the temp was 32 degrees. I think that affected some of my shots. Next cold day I will keep my ammo warmer.
Thank you for your work and insight.
4Certain
I think you're doing just fine, and if your barrel is a good one, it becomes primarily a matter of finding the right ammo and a lot of work in mastering the wind.

I've been shooting competitively for 40 years now in several shooting disciplines and I still find myself experimenting with different flags/probes as well as changing strategies to master it. I still screw up more times than I care to admit though! LOL

Landy

Landy,
I’m glad you did that. I used to shoot IR50/50 and was able to score 249 or 250 regularly. Now I shoot ARA and have yet to shoot a 2500.
Yeah, there's a huge difference between IBS/IR50/ARA targets and others. You can net an IBS 250 if the 25-shot distribution centered on the target is 0.724" or less. An IR 250 if it's 0.474" or less. But, an ARA 2500 requires 0.276"! ARA 2500's are very hard to do!

Landy

Do I have this right ... the scoring is worst edge, the ten diameter is 0.5 inches, and the dot has to be gone for a 10x.

Landy, I've been using average distance to center and SD of same as my yardstick for judging my experiments, ammo, tunes, etc. Is it valid considering there is never any 'room' on the low side for a two SD's yet in 40 rounds (F Class 50yd) I need two SD's to account for my outer shots.
I suspect you will be modest and proclaim you are but a mere farmer but I'm pretty sure if any farmer can offer an qualified opinion it is you.

I always enjoy and learn from your posts, thanks.
The scoring on the ARA target is worst edge with the 100 ring being 0.500" and there are no X's.

The IBS target is best edge with the 10 ring being 0.500" and the dot needs to be touched by a 0.224" plug to be an X.

I'm sending you an email to keep statistics to a minimum considering the complexity, confusion, and the boredom it causes for most even though I think it's a vitally important factor to being successful.

Also, seeing your post refreshed my memory and I just found an email you sent me a long time ago that I somehow misplaced and then forgot about.

Give me a day or two and then remind me again if I forget again. LOL

Landy

Friends shooters hello,
yesterday I drove 900km in the day to get my Vudoo back from the proof house (mandatory proof certificate what we call CIP in France).
Indeed the rifle had arrived in Paris and my gunsmith made it pass in test and not wanting to deliver it to carriers little careful, I preferred to transport it myself.
you can imagine I only looked at it, touched it, it is a monster of beautiful realization !!!!!
without the stock I still managed to shoot it (the barrel straight to the sky) 4 rounds of different brands to check the chambering, everything went easily.
tomorrow I will take it to my stock manufacturer and after adjustments.
A QUESTION CONFUSES ME I THOUGHT THE END OF THE FIRING PIN WAS CRESCENT
How is yours?
Friendly
jacques

Reactions: mattt
Real world results from my first ARA match with the V22S. It shows a good comparison against other shooters with a variety of gun mfg. Up to this point I struggled to get a score above 2,000 with my V22 gen 1.2 that I was using as a bench rest gun.

Unlimited Class.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring1 and mattt
The 17, It was the original that was in the rifle from the factory. I had many FTF with Ely 10X, match and FTE. I'm using Lapua CX with good results.
I had some FTF's with Eley Match, none with CX, but I have not shot 2 bricks of CX thru it yet. There is a post a few pages back (by Evelio) about removing all of the paint from the FP spring with gasoline/mineral sprits,etc) and cleaning the FP & bolt internals of all the crud. Seems as the paint used on the FP spring was causing some hang ups, etc., as it was flaking off, etc., from use Since I removed all the paint from the spring that was installed in mine at the facotry, no more FTF's, except on the very rare occasion.

I have the occasional FTE but I believe it is more my fault than the guns'. You need to run the Vudoo bolt with a bit of "authority" or speed for it to extract reliably. If I get a bit lazy on opening the bolt and pulling the bolt back, the empty brass will spin in the chamber. A friend/competitor in our local matches has a V22-s as well, and his will do the same thing on his RBRP, while mine is RBLP.

I had some FTF's with Eley Match, none with CX, but I have not shot 2 bricks of CX thru it yet. There is a post a few pages back (by Evelio) about removing all of the paint from the FP spring with gasoline/mineral sprits,etc) and cleaning the FP & bolt internals of all the crud. Seems as the paint used on the FP spring was causing some hang ups, etc., as it was flaking off, etc., from use Since I removed all the paint from the spring that was installed in mine at the facotry, no more FTF's, except on the very rare occasion.

I have the occasional FTE but I believe it is more my fault than the guns'. You need to run the Vudoo bolt with a bit of "authority" or speed for it to extract reliably. If I get a bit lazy on opening the bolt and pulling the bolt back, the empty brass will spin in the chamber. A friend/competitor in our local matches has a V22-s as well, and his will do the same thing on his RBRP, while mine is RBLP.
Do you shoot left handed?

No, why do you ask??
I shoot left handed, my set up is LBRP. I noticed with the FTE the case was being struck to hard and expanded to the point it stuck in the chamber, the ejectors could not pull it out or so it seemed. I think I'll try a lighter spring for Ely stuff. Just my 2 cents.

I have been considering picking up a V22S if for no other reason than they make them in a left hand version, but frankly I'm a bit hesitant about the reports of FTF's. Especially since they don't use a trigger hanger. I've built bench guns on several different actions and have never had that as a problem. Yes there may be one or two in a case of 5000 but that's to be expected. Has anyone actually measured case penetration depth on a few once fire cases with the different spring weights? If so what have the results been? Anyone been that curious?

Dennis

I shoot left handed, my set up is LBRP. I noticed with the FTE the case was being struck to hard and expanded to the point it stuck in the chamber, the ejectors could not pull it out or so it seemed. I think I'll try a lighter spring for Ely stuff. Just my 2 cents.
I've never had a case stuck in the chamber when the bolt was opened, just left laying on the loading ramps, usually backwards. :(

Reactions: mattt
I have been considering picking up a V22S if for no other reason than they make them in a left hand version, but frankly I'm a bit hesitant about the reports of FTF's. Especially since they don't use a trigger hanger. I've built bench guns on several different actions and have never had that as a problem. Yes there may be one or two in a case of 5000 but that's to be expected. Has anyone actually measured case penetration depth on a few once fire cases with the different spring weights? If so what have the results been? Anyone been that curious?

Dennis
I have not had any problems with Lapua CX. I think this is just a matter of reducing the spring to a lighter tension, which I plan on doing to see if I can get better results with both the Lapua and Ely ammo. Having a stuck case in the middle of a match is something I did not I want to experience. I am very satisfied with this rifle. If you check some of the earlier comments on this subject you'll find more detail and it's not a serious problem. Keith

Friends shooters hello,
yesterday I drove 900km in the day to get my Vudoo back from the proof house (mandatory proof certificate what we call CIP in France).
Indeed the rifle had arrived in Paris and my gunsmith made it pass in test and not wanting to deliver it to carriers little careful, I preferred to transport it myself.
you can imagine I only looked at it, touched it, it is a monster of beautiful realization !!!!!
without the stock I still managed to shoot it (the barrel straight to the sky) 4 rounds of different brands to check the chambering, everything went easily.
tomorrow I will take it to my stock manufacturer and after adjustments.
A QUESTION CONFUSES ME I THOUGHT THE END OF THE FIRING PIN WAS CRESCENT
How is yours?
Friendly
jacques
Jacques,

Check out post #1,341 & post #1413, pages 27 & 29 respectively.

I have not had any problems with Lapua CX. I think this is just a matter of reducing the spring to a lighter tension, which I plan on doing to see if I can get better results with both the Lapua and Ely ammo. Having a stuck case in the middle of a match is something I did not I want to experience. I am very satisfied with this rifle. If you check some of the earlier comments on this subject you'll find more detail and it's not a serious problem. Keith
I shoot left handed with a LBRP configuration. I'll get a FTF once in a while with ELEY but very seldom with LAPUA CX. I've been having an issue with my cocking piece loosening up. The folks a Vudoo said that could be the reason I've been experiencing FTF's. They suggested I use a dab of PURPLE Loctite on the set screws. We'll see if that works.
Anyone else experiencing a loosening cocking piece?

Reactions: Slo cat

Dennis

I shoot left handed with a LBRP configuration. I'll get a FTF once in a while with ELEY but very seldom with LAPUA CX. I've been having an issue with my cocking piece loosening up. The folks a Vudoo said that could be the reason I've been experiencing FTF's. They suggested I use a dab of PURPLE Loctite on the set screws. We'll see if that works.
Anyone else experiencing a loosening cocking piece?
Same here, the set screws seem to vibrate loose during use, but no FTF's for me since I removed the paint from the FP spring. Before removing the paint, I had several FTF's, most would fire on the 2nd try, some were just dud's I guess.

I was told to use the purple loctite as well on the set screws.

Reactions: Slo cat and GTI