• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing We need to ban wolf hunting.

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    No not really. Stumbled across this while researching night wolf hunting.
    Be careful what you say to people. Never know what their agenda is.

I went in to Idaho fish and game asking for some information on wolf hunting and she said, we like our wolves around here and turned around and walked off. Wasn't sure if she was serious or didn't want to say the wrong thing but, camped in state camp ground and they had a movie so we went, it was all pro wolf propaganda, nothing from ranchers or hunters. I talked to some locals and they confirmed fish and game, becoming political filtering up from of Boise.

Had a yote come in to my shop and some lady starting screaming about a dead dog and all sorts of junk she was spewing, quite the scene. But, had many who came in and commented about dead animals on the walls. Its their game plan.

My pooch is half wolf so I'm kinda biased
    15782528720597625987320387383224.jpg

I read that a few months ago. Dam city people. Lol All species need to be in balance.

Wolves are a major problem up here. Had some come INTO a guys TENT during elk season 2 years ago. They are bold, and way more numerous than the hippies out of Boise will tell you.

Reactions: disla82
    Wolves are a major problem up here. Had some come INTO a guys TENT during elk season 2 years ago. They are bold, and way more numerous than the hippies out of Boise will tell you.
    The uncanny things about wolves are that they seem to be bold when they need to be, but can be EXTREMELY wary as well. Been living and hunting around wolves a few years now and have seen a pack of 10-14 wittled down to a couple. I've put bullets in a couple, and missed a few as well. I have seen their tracks really close to houses and civilization, and I have also seen them smell something they don't like and run the other way pretty quick. Contrary to almost everything I have read, the elk population around that area has grown, not dwindled. The deer numbers are down though, so maybe they like deer more? They are certainly an apex predator however, and definitely affect big game patterns and movement. I agree with a post above, there has to be a balance. To achieve that balance, wolves have to be hunted.

Reactions: deersniper
    The wolves are getting horrible in Wisconsin and are decimating the Northern white tail population
    Same thing is happening in Northern Minnesota. Opening day I walked into my stand to find three sets of hefty wolf tracks only twenty foot from my ladder.

Neighbor saw a pack of seven while in his stand.

2018, another neighbor had six of them waiting for him at the bottom of his stand. They wouldn't leave and were waiting for him to come down.

On another note, I wouldn't expect anything less from Vice. What a commie shit rag.

We had timberwolves in Wyoming prior to the introduction of the Canadian Wolf. The Timberwolf no longer exists because the Canadians killed them all.

These imported (not re-introduced) wolves have irrevocably diminished our NW Moose, Elk, Mule and deer populations to an unacceptable degree.

As far as I am concerned (as well as most of the NW WY local hunters) the correct balance would be to kill every Canadian wolf on sight.

Living among them and seeing their damage first hand is much different than the opinions I read from so called experts. They are like gangs, they kill just for the pleasure of killing, unlike the indigenous Grizzly bear or mountain lion. They eat what they kill.

BTW, the same groups that fund anti 2A also fund “protect the wolf” - reduce the game population enough and the generations that follow won’t care much about keeping grandpa’s hunting rifles.

Here is a local with his Canadian. The hunter is 6’4” - these are not your average puppy dogs.

948DC08A-3AC1-4AA2-A620-414F509C9F90.jpeg

We had timberwolves in Wyoming prior to the introduction of the Canadian Wolf. The Timberwolf no longer exists because the Canadians killed them all.

These imported (not re-introduced) wolves have irrevocably diminished our NW Moose, Elk, Mule and deer populations to an unacceptable degree.

As far as I am concerned (as well as most of the NW WY local hunters) the correct balance would be to kill every Canadian wolf on sight.

Living among them and seeing their damage first hand is much different than the opinions I read from so called experts. They are like gangs, they kill just for the pleasure of killing, unlike the indigenous Grizzly bear or mountain lion. They eat what they kill.

BTW, the same groups that fund anti 2A also fund “protect the wolf” - reduce the game population enough and the generations that follow won’t care much about keeping grandpa’s hunting rifles.

Here is a local with his Canadian. The hunter is 6’4” - these are not your average puppy dogs.

View attachment 7218328

Yep, that's a pretty fair representation of them (the photo). Seen one, year before last, on the open prairie of SE Montana during a summer PD trip. The thing was huge!

Up here fish and game give you tips on getting wolf.. We should let the wolf thrive though. Then maybe they will keep the number of granola hippie protesters in check?

Same thing is happening in Northern Minnesota. Opening day I walked into my stand to find three sets of hefty wolf tracks only twenty foot from my ladder.

Neighbor saw a pack of seven while in his stand.

2018, another neighbor had six of them waiting for him at the bottom of his stand. They wouldn't leave and were waiting for him to come down.

On another note, I wouldn't expect anything less from Vice. What a commie shit rag.
    Some other hunter has probably been tossing them down bits of Jack Links and now they think they are dock carp.

We have yote problems here but i've been hearing about this out west for years now. Are the wildlife and game commission just getting to liberal to acknowledge the declining Elk populations? To my understanding the wolves are becoming a damn endemic out west.

We have yote problems here but i've been hearing about this out west for years now. Are the wildlife and game commission just getting to liberal to acknowledge the declining Elk populations? To my understanding the wolves are becoming a damn endemic out west.
    All part of the masters plan to eliminate hunting
    Also part of the plan to rid nature of humans

Let’s start a wild wolf “petting zoo” so all these Democrats can pay us money to let them get surrounded by a wolf pack. We should do grizzly picture taking too.

Let’s reintroduce them to the coasts. See how fast the commie hypocrites have .gov shooting and poisoning them

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    That article is so openly disingenuous as to be insulting. I used to hunt around the Salmon area. The wolves destroyed the elk population in a matter of just a few years. It actually go so bad that they couldn't let the kids out for recess because the wolves were in town on school property during the day. We moved to new hunting areas but the wolves moved just as fast and within 5 years of the "reintroduction" of a species that did not exist in the area before wildlife numbers were dwindling.

To be honest, many that I have met would rather have a wolf attack someone than to dispatch it. Wild life has more rights to live than humans because we are destroying the planet. Unless it was for the kids safety.

As someone who was tracked by the ER pack, at least 3-4 wolves that I saw. Very bold and came right out in the open and one walked a 50 yards beside me approx 25-30 yards on my left as the others darted in out. Erie and awesome at the same time.

Let’s reintroduce them to the coasts. See how fast the commie hypocrites have .gov shooting and poisoning them

To be honest, many that I have met would rather have a wolf attack someone than to dispatch it. Wild life has more rights to live than humans because we are destroying the planet. Unless it was for the kids safety.

As someone who was tracked by the ER pack, at least 3-4 wolves that I saw. Very bold and came right out in the open and one walked a 50 yards beside me approx 25-30 yards on my left as the others darted in out. Erie and awesome at the same time.
    Yup. Already illegal to kill them in a couple places even when they are killing your pets or livestock

Honestly I don't have a problem with wolves, they can exist but need to be managed. The real reason behind the reintroduction isn't because libs love wolves, its because they hate hunting and guns. If they destroy the hunting how can we justify owning guns? Luckily we have been fighting back against the "we need guns to hunt" bs and so that conversation has morphed. But if you think back to 1995 when the wolves were being reintroduced the Dems were banning the hell out of so called "assault weapons" because they had no use and the 2A was somehow about hunting rights.

And thank you very much. All those transplanted wolves in the Id, Wy, Mt area came from Alaska.
    I’d rather have the wolf’s back then all the people from the lower 48 that come to fish and hunt. Already got to many Oregonians and commifornians here.

Reactions: Arc Light

Man I could barely keep reading that. The same people are now talking about putting grizzlies in my woods here in Oregon. It's hard enough dodging all the black bear around here.

I really think there's a gulf too wide to cross here and I have a hard time finding common ground. But I bet if we got to meet the fella that wrote that article, we'd be pretty proud of the fact that we had nothing in common with him.

Man I could barely keep reading that. The same people are now talking about putting grizzlies in my woods here in Oregon. It's hard enough dodging all the black bear around here.

I really think there's a gulf too wide to cross here and I have a hard time finding common ground. But I bet if we got to meet the fella that wrote that article, we'd be pretty proud of the fact that we had nothing in common with him.

Surprised they aren’t shot on a regular basis.

Reactions: RyBoy
    These Canadian wolves were introduced to Wyoming, not re-introduced. We had Timber wolves until they brought these beasts in...they are like gangsters killing off competition - all of our Timber wolves (smaller by far) are gone.
    Funny no outcry that our indigenous wolves are extinct as a result of this anti-2A move with these stinkin’ cold blooded killers.
    They have devastated our Elk herd, eliminated all Moose hunting where I live and now they are pulling fetuses out of our Muley does and leaving Mama to rot.
    How do I know? Not stats our Gov reports. I live here. I see it on the ground. I am in the field 100 days a year, at least.
    Kind of like listening to FBI management about an incident instead of sitting down and having coffee with the boots on the ground.

I say kill’em all and don’t worry about sorting them out.

Over and out.

Don't worry about the black bear, the grizzly will wipe them out or run them off...

Reactions: RyBoy
    Anytime our smart legislators introduce animals not native to the land, they fuck up that said land! It’s like when they brought in the stripe bass on our waterways, they fucked up the bass fishing! Anything gov touches, they fuck it up!

Like the Midas touch but the opposite. They turn everything to shit.

We can call it the Obama Touch