• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weed for ptsd. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legalize everything.

Enforce personal responsibility.

We could probably get by with four to five laws on the books - theft, negligence, assault, battery, murder. Just about every crime will fit one of those categories.

If a person is personally responsible they will not violate someone else's personal pursuit of happiness.

If someone fails in their responsibility let them be charged with one of the above crimes AND let them deal with any issues related to dependence on their own dime.

Medical marijuana was a wedge to get recreational marijuana into the states.

The argument "More people are hurt by alcohol" rather than being an endorsement for recreational marijuana only makes it seem "Do we really need more shit for irresponsible people to abuse."

Now my answer is beyond the scope of the OPs question.

Is MJ an answer to PTSD?

Im not qualified to answer.

But if it is than prescribe it.

What I dont understand is that every other medicine can come in multiple forms. Example antibiotics can be administered in pill, capsule, injected or topical ointment form and be effective but for some reason MJ is only acceptable as a pharmaceutical that will only be effective when smoked according to its proponents.

Reactions: Nik H
Weed and guns are probably fine for people who have their shit together and don't freak out but the OP has a big wildcard in PTSD.

That's mental illness.

He doesn't like counciling.

All I'm saying is address the PTSD in a way that makes sense before you put guns in the mix.

Once you're not suffering from it or not relying on drugs or alcohol to treat your symptoms (for lack of a better word), then you can start acting like a normal person.

Dam, all kinds of verification of my position on this subject in your statement, man.

The OP needs to get to the VFW or seek our family members who have been through the same experience, dont fuck around with PTSD. Good questions on if pot works or not, dont let the anxiety fester. Send me a PM if you need to talk or need help. Many on here are actual experts in dealing with PTSD. Just want OP to know that.

Weed and guns are probably fine for people who have their shit together and don't freak out but the OP has a big wildcard in PTSD.

How do you know he doesnt have his shit together?

That's mental illness.

Its not mental illness its PTSD.

He doesn't like counciling.

All I'm saying is address the PTSD in a way that makes sense before you put guns in the mix.

What makes sense, I think thats the crux of the OP's question.

Once you're not suffering from it or not relying on drugs or alcohol to treat your symptoms (for lack of a better word), then you can start acting like a normal person.

My own experience tells me there are many ways to get through this period of extreme anxiety, I would exhaust all other methods before seeing someone that basically thinks the way you do for help. In my book he is normal, everyone that does not have a bit a ptsd is liing in blissfull ignorance, so you are probably the not normal one. Pretty goddam offensive there buddy.

Fuck yeah I have PTSD. You don't spend that much time overseas without getting a little twisted.

The 0311 motto wasn't "hearts and minds". Unless you were referring to bullet placement.

I wouldn't say it's as bad as some I've seen by far though. Typically indicated when I'm thinking to myself "damn that guy is fucked up!"
I'm the guy that knows he has some different views, but has far too much control to do anything stupid.

Definitely fuck the VA for counseling. That place smells like piss.

My opinion on weed for treatment of a variety of symptoms that people suffer from is that it is far less addictive, has less side effects,
is cheaper, and more safe than most of the big pharma drugs. It's not an end all be all cure. I just think it should be an option that is
on the table. Some states have come around, the rest will soon.

And I absofuckinglutely think it should be available to vets that suffer from PTSD instead of the typical opiates that get prescribed.

Will some abuse it and have too much too often? of course. Some people abuse ice cream too.

It's just funny to me that something that has literally never killed anyone as a result of it's use is illegal. But it's all good
to buy as much tobacco or alcohol as you want and those kill tens of thousands every year.

With that. Popping smoke on this thread.

Reactions: Strykervet
NEVER HAS ANYONE DIED FROM SMOKING OR INGESTING WEED.

That shit is like saying dude had a soda then killed his wife, and blaming the soda.

All right, now the fuck i'm out. just had to address that dumb shit.

Good point, Ill accept your point but understand there will be deaths directly or indirectly.

Still there are deaths already due to black market activity. Probably more deaths.

If we are not going to attribute the wifes death to the MJ than we must attribute it to the husband but.....

thats not what happens.

Even his defense wanted to blame the MJ.

Im tired of drug users getting sympathy and excuses for their actions with tax payer funded treatment for addiction.

Id rather see the drug abuse program money spent on cancer patients.

If only the anti gun people would accept the analogy you made......

Fuck yeah I have PTSD. You don't spend that much time overseas without getting a little twisted.

Here is a theory of mine....

The military experience changes you.

Probably more so for someone in a combat arms MOS than say a clerk.

The effect can be even more so if you choose a combat arms MOS rather than say a person that is an open contract.

A person that chooses combat arms is probably a bit of risk taker, likely did well in sports, likely was popular as the "crazy guy".

Anyway you go combat arms with kind of a romantic idea of how its going to be than you get hit with the reality and realize though vital it really is shit, bottom of the barrel shit, and maybe not everyone meets the ideal.

Add the trauma of combat to that.

Kind of a double whammy to ones expectations of great things.

Meanwhile other things are happening....

From home you hear about great times friends are having partying and your story in reply is about Fallujah.

Those two realities are so far apart there will never be common ground, there is a severance from the past and present.

The old and the new speak different languages and operate in different time relativity.

Alot of thought now goes into surviving the shit of the present and getting back to the past to repair that communication/time shift.

but when you do get back home you find out you cant repair the shift.

Its permanent.

The timing seems off, your head feels fuzzy, you dont seem as quick as you used to be prior to service or during service.

Stories that want to rush from your mind about your experiences are met with blank stares of incomprehension maybe sometimes even revulsion.

Im sure WWII guys had their adjustment issues but they probably also found it easier to find others that operated in the same communication/time shift.

GWOT guys are about less than 1 percent of the population. How do they find understanding amongst a population whose biggest issue is a Tweet someone Twitted? Add to that social clubs no longer being "cool", Marine Corps League and Legion looked on as drunks or fat guys in red satin jackets its even more likely they are isolated.

So your ability to speak the same language seems off, your sense of timing in jokes, comments, appropriateness seems off, perhaps you start to yearn for that which you couldnt wait to leave, while hating it wanting to get back to the past.....

you get stuck in your own No Mans Land.

but it gets better.

Fuck trying to make things like either of the two pasts.

Build a new present.

You are better equipped than average Joe based on your experience. You can still restore the connections with the prior to service past its just now you aren't the crazy daring clown - you are probably the guy old friends would look to if shit is hitting the fan and in some ways they may fear that ability in you a little bit, if not fear its respect.

There is no transition help from service to civilian life and if its odd or disturbing for a "served in peace vet" its got to be more so for a "served in war vet".

The disturbance is normal.

PTSD is perhaps too strong a diagnoses in some cases when perhaps its an adjustment issue upon returning to a civilian world where language/time and the emphasis of what is important is defined so differently.

You are not in need of a label diagnoses.....

everyone else that didnt have the sack to go with you is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strykervet
There are a lot of vets that use it for that in WA so I suppose it works.

Once it got legalized here for recreational use, people found it that it works for a plethora of shit. It's not a panacea, but it's probably about as close to one that I've ever seen.

Cops don't and haven't given a shit about it here this century. It's a non-sequitur. Like corn in NE or cotton in AL. Nobody gives a shit. So people experiment and find it helps with this or that or may make this or that worse.

I know OF a LOT of vets taking it for PTSD, but I don't actually know them.

Here is a theory of mine....

The military experience changes you.

Probably more so for someone in a combat arms MOS than say a clerk.

The effect can be even more so if you choose a combat arms MOS rather than say a person that is an open contract.

A person that chooses combat arms is probably a bit of risk taker, likely did well in sports, likely was popular as the "crazy guy".

Anyway you go combat arms with kind of a romantic idea of how its going to be than you get hit with the reality and realize though vital it really is shit, bottom of the barrel shit, and maybe not everyone meets the ideal.

Add the trauma of combat to that.

Kind of a double whammy to ones expectations of great things.

Meanwhile other things are happening....

From home you hear about great times friends are having partying and your story in reply is about Fallujah.

Those two realities are so far apart there will never be common ground, there is a severance from the past and present.

The old and the new speak different languages and operate in different time relativity.

Alot of thought now goes into surviving the shit of the present and getting back to the past to repair that communication/time shift.

but when you do get back home you find out you cant repair the shift.

Its permanent.

The timing seems off, your head feels fuzzy, you dont seem as quick as you used to be prior to service or during service.

Stories that want to rush from your mind about your experiences are met with blank stares of incomprehension maybe sometimes even revulsion.

Im sure WWII guys had their adjustment issues but they probably also found it easier to find others that operated in the same communication/time shift.

GWOT guys are about less than 1 percent of the population. How do they find understanding amongst a population whose biggest issue is a Tweet someone Twitted? Add to that social clubs no longer being "cool", Marine Corps League and Legion looked on as drunks or fat guys in red satin jackets its even more likely they are isolated.

So your ability to speak the same language seems off, your sense of timing in jokes, comments, appropriateness seems off, perhaps you start to yearn for that which you couldnt wait to leave, while hating it wanting to get back to the past.....

you get stuck in your own No Mans Land.

but it gets better.

Fuck trying to make things like either of the two pasts.

Build a new present.

You are better equipped than average Joe based on your experience. You can still restore the connections with the prior to service past its just now you aren't the crazy daring clown - you are probably the guy old friends would look to if shit is hitting the fan and in some ways they may fear that ability in you a little bit, if not fear its respect.

There is no transition help from service to civilian life and if its odd or disturbing for a "served in peace vet" its got to be more so for a "served in war vet".

The disturbance is normal.

PTSD is perhaps too strong a diagnoses in some cases when perhaps its an adjustment issue upon returning to a civilian world where language/time and the emphasis of what is important is defined so differently.

You are not in need of a label diagnoses.....

everyone else that didnt have the sack to go with you is.

Very well thought out and presented. Thanks for that

I was fortunate, I didnt go to Viet Nam. I think those guys had it worse than even today's returning combat vets as there was so much hatred towards the war, and them. I saw a lot of crazy in some of my friends coming back. I heard a lot of the stories, and just tried to be a friend where I could. I think thats the best we can do.

No, they have ACAP and after I got out they increased it I understand to make it more effective. They do all they can to point you in the right direction. VA guys come in and tell you horror stories, not to wait if you're fucked up. They teach you how to do resumes fucking gangbusters. Then there's job fairs, recruiters, school, all sorts of shit. IF you take advantage of it, there are some helpful things.

If you're a disabled vet and not going to college, dude, what the fuck? They PAY you to go to fucking college through Chapter 31! That's four years to unwind and chase college girls, and walk out with a degree and zero fucking debt.

Good luck to anyone struggling, and if you don't have anyone to deal with the VA for you, CALL AMERICAL LEGION. They will take care of you and get shit rolling through the VA.

Wounded Warrior, from what I can tell, is almost purely focused on PTSD. Bike rides, bungee jumps, mountain climbs --it's obvious they aren't focusing on the cripples! And you'll at least be around other guys who when through shit of their own.

Reactions: AviCado and Bradu
FWIW, while I tacitly think mj should be legalized for medical purposes, I think RedmanSS's posts nail the subject on the head. IME, personal and friends, the key is counseling. Everything else is a band-aid. I've got one buddy now, been strung out for years on MJ. It has become a crutch for him, not a treatment. Age/time was a big factor for me. As time goes by, you work through things, recognize triggers, and address how you think, react to those. It takes time to recognize it, and even more time to rewire your reactions. During my time, mj wasn't an option; and alcohol was kind of the standard treatment outside of counseling. After a while, waking up in the morning and looking at the face in the mirror was finally what caused a decision to do something positive about it, rather than using alcohol to shut my brain off. I think (for me) that was the "aha moment"; that things weren't getting better (far from it, it was slow, gradual descent into depression and isolation). It was then that (for me) I could finally come to grips with the fact that I had an issue, and I needed to take care of it. Counseling helped a lot with recognizing triggers and associated behaviors, as well as strategies to begin re-programming reactions.

IMO PTSD is such a personal issue (in how it affects us each so differently) there is no simple answer. And drugs alone are not a solution (whether it be MJ or alcohol). A person has to be willing to accept they have an issue, strong enough to go get help, and committed to working towards a solution to attain some degree of normalcy when those triggers are encountered.

JMTCW...

So not being a vet, but having a lot of compassion for my friends and brothers who did go through the shit, what about a thread/sticky, here dedicated to that? Just a thought.

To address a few of the above in bulk without a ton of quotes...

Nidal Hasan and his murderous and terrorist actions he committed alone represent the mental health field as a whole as much as it represents every US Army soldier who wore the uniform. He doesn't, not in any way, shape, or form.

The VA. It sucks, stay away from it if you possibly can. If you have medical insurance, you can take your pick of what provider you can go see, just like the millions of other Americans who never served in uniform. The VA has a focus on solving mental health issues through medications, it really doesn't work that way for real care though. I'd much rather pay out of pocket than ever set foot inside a VA hospital.

I think there's far too many stickies as it is. This doesn't need to be one either.

PTSD in general. It sucks too. I was also a good ol' boy 0311/8541 before my 0369 days, two time combat veteran during my 14 years active duty, followed by worked security for eight years in Afghanistan, so I certainly know a thing or two about it. I've been home for 3 1/2 years now, and I still jump and get an adrenaline rush every time a dump truck or train bangs around near my house. It used to be much worse, I would get the rush just sitting at the computer in a silent room with nothing else happening. I've been lucky though, never had it happen on a mission, no extended nightmares/terrors or extended insomnia that wasn't immediately post attack, and I could adjust pretty well going back and forth from war zone to stateside life for the most part because it was my "normal". It wasn't easy to climb out of one extended episode and was hitting borderline chronic, it took a lot of hard work. At least I was working a dry contract so the bottle was never even an option for me, and medicating myself wasn't either as the vast majority of scripts would have resulted in me being ineligible to carry weapons, hence out of work, so I went at it in a different way that didn't involve any of that. I focused solely on my mental health from a self control and relaxation standpoint, I didn't do it by myself, and I only shook the worst parts of it after a lot of time and work.

Finding a proper therapist is vital. Many of them have zero clue how to treat PTSD, and a lot of them only have experience in treating it from the civilian trauma victim standpoint instead of the combat veteran. You have to search around for the right fit, get someone who has the right background and experience, and when you do you have to be open to the treatment. You will face your demons head on and you will be "triggered". You will have difficult times and it will likely get worse before it gets better, but you will get better if you actually work on it. Shoving it down and ignoring it doesn't do anything good, and neither does escaping from it via chemicals. Do the work and relief can happen. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

Meds should always be the last resort to cope with life, they won't cure you though. Experience put you there, and only experience will get you out.

Man, most of the guys in my Legion post are old, and many are fat, but about half of them served in Viet Nam and tell sea stories that are completely fucked up as much as or worse than those my friends who've returned from the sand box tell. Yea, the places have different names, the ground was different, the enemy looked a little different, but those little fuckers made some booby traps of their own, and there are a lot of similarities.

The other thing is that we all know guys who went through a meat grinder and come out the other side fine, and then others who don't go through half of that and are totally fucked up by it. Last year one of my buddies died of a heroin overdose. He was squared away when serving too, but he also was the kind of guy who was up for anything. A new tattoo, some weird local liquor, a not-so-clean looking prostitute (unlike a clean one :ROFLMAO:)... I think he would have screwed his life up military or not. He seemed bent on it, and maybe joined up to try and avert the inevitable. He is one of the ones who should have stayed in and made a career of it. Without that structure he was totally lost and ended up running with a very bad crowd. His family knew all of us, from twenty years ago, and had no idea who any of his friends were.

I guess my point is that everyone reacts differently to stress and getting chummy with mortality. Why wouldn't the analgesic also not be dependent on the individual?

I know religion is verboten, but I have to say that when in bad places and in good ones I can't imagine not having that lead to my battery that's connected to limitless love and power. Sorry, couldn't help myself....

Other than that let them have their weed. I could care less, and some of these idiots are single issue voters. I think the Right ought to do it just on libertarian grounds alone. I drink whisky, but I've seen that ruin a lot more lives than failure to launch stoners....

Beta blockers might be a cure. I'm not talking long term use, just enough to resolve the issue or actually let you forget.

The problem for the OP is that they don't get you high.

He doesn't seem to want to try anything that doesn't get you high.

I wish I had heard about this treatment earlier, evidently it has been researched since around 2001 or earlier. If I had heard, it might have been some help to my grandfather who suffered from WWII trauma.

No, they have ACAP and after I got out they increased it I understand to make it more effective. They do all they can to point you in the right direction. VA guys come in and tell you horror stories, not to wait if you're fucked up. They teach you how to do resumes fucking gangbusters. Then there's job fairs, recruiters, school, all sorts of shit. IF you take advantage of it, there are some helpful things.

If you're a disabled vet and not going to college, dude, what the fuck? They PAY you to go to fucking college through Chapter 31! That's four years to unwind and chase college girls, and walk out with a degree and zero fucking debt.

Good luck to anyone struggling, and if you don't have anyone to deal with the VA for you, CALL AMERICAL LEGION. They will take care of you and get shit rolling through the VA.

Wounded Warrior, from what I can tell, is almost purely focused on PTSD. Bike rides, bungee jumps, mountain climbs --it's obvious they aren't focusing on the cripples! And you'll at least be around other guys who when through shit of their own.

That's a great improvement than.

Best I got in my day was a Great nay telling me that being from MA I was lucky because unemployment payments were higher than most other states.

I agree about the GI bill, took full advantage of that.

How the Hide has changed.

When I first came here, some 11 years ago, to even try to have this conversation would get you scorned and ridiculed.

Thank goodness for progress, or are we getting more 'liberal'...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:rolleyes:

It's a difficult topic on many levels, including the associated science, in part because government regs have made it difficult to conduct research on medicinal usage of cannabis. CBDs have shown promise in double blind studies, and that's great. Here in Colorado, I don't think you can claim that legalization has had no negative impacts, especially on latch-key kids. Smoking weed is a health threat for heavy users regarding lung cancer, because tar is high. Then again, heavy users probably have lots of related life issues. Doing anything to excess will probably bring compromises, be it drinking water, shooting ELR or trying to play like Jimi.

Reactions: Maggot
That's a great improvement than.

Best I got in my day was a Great nay telling me that being from MA I was lucky because unemployment payments were higher than most other states.

I agree about the GI bill, took full advantage of that.

Chapter 31, not GI Bill, but you have to pay into GI Bill to get it. Ch.31 covers WAY more than GI Bill.

And yeah, ACAP I hear they made better but people expect the army to instantly wave a wand and make 'em civilian. That doesn't happen. It takes time. College is a good place to go hide out for four years and let that happen while you relax and learn shit.

I wanted to study math, so I turned down the offer to be the gunsmith at 1SFG. One retired and the other was retiring and I knew the guys pretty well and they were gonna recommend me and I'd have to go to a gunsmith college in CO I believe. You have to customize and build 12 different firearms IIRC, and VA pays for every single one (as long as it's required for class) and you get to keep 'em. They also pay for all your tools and you walk out of there with those too! He said he walked out of there with 30,000 in custom firearms (today's money). Maybe more than that. And all the tools he needed to get started, and he got quality stuff, not junk. Sometimes I regret not taking that job. But for those that wanna be a gunsmith, a REAL gunsmith, this is a good use of the GI Bill, but if you're disabled, Ch.31 will turn gunsmith school into a golden profit. You could sell your "homework" and have enough to open up shop! Gunsmith school is also only 2 years.

Now I know a shitload of math, enough to easily do everything those ballistic apps do, but nowhere to apply it (and I'd use ballistic software myself before doing it by hand!). Wish I'd done gunsmithing sometimes.

OP ought to contact Wounded Warrior, that's really what they do best. They sure as fuck aren't helping people with broken bodies with bike rides, mountain climbing, etc., but for PTSD I bet it's just the thing. American Legion for dealing with VA. Use the VA, go there. But if you need serious medical care, then you need to go elsewhere. Try to use the Choice Program --if your appt. at VA for the specialist is over 30 or 60 days, you can go outside the VA if you call Choice Program and they approve it. I use my own dentist thanks to that.

It's a difficult topic on many levels, including the associated science, in part because government regs have made it difficult to conduct research on medicinal usage of cannabis. CBDs have shown promise in double blind studies, and that's great. Here in Colorado, I don't think you can claim that legalization has had no negative impacts, especially on latch-key kids. Smoking weed is a health threat for heavy users regarding lung cancer, because tar is high. Then again, heavy users probably have lots of related life issues. Doing anything to excess will probably bring compromises, be it drinking water, shooting ELR or trying to play like Jimi.

I have read similar studies on CBD (cannabidiol) effects on anxiety BUT there is a lot of work that needs to be done to verify its consistentcy and efficacy. CBD does not induce a high and can be aquired through sources other than weed. As with anything else there are side effects and one can be diarrhea, which sucks.

Reactions: TripleBull
You a pothead, Focker?

I've dealt with PTS the wrong way in the past and It was MY experience that until I dealt with the problem (in-between my ears), I couldn't move forward. It's for this reason that, for ME, a sober mind is the best policy. Again, this is MY experience. so...

As a military medical professional, I've worked in myriad settings from field to clinical and I've seen a lot of folks dealing with a lot of shit. There is a high incidence of substance abuse among those afflicted with PTS. among those, there is also a higher incidence of suicide and SA-related comorbidity so I would encourage you steer clear of anything that will get you out of "self" so-to-speak.

I can tell you that I did WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much dope in High School and I had more than a few paranoid experiences.

CBD is an exciting, fairly new and legal, non-habit-forming avenue with many benefits beyond stress and pain reduction. you also won't fail a drug test, not that you are necessarily in a position (I don't know your life situation) to get tested per se.

Other options:

-Kava Powder made into a tea, NOT Kava Kava pills

-Cognitive Behavior Therapy

-Group Therapy

-Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)

God bless you and your mind. Reach out if you need anything... other than a dimebag of Colorado's finest of course!

Beer and red wine have shown in studies that in moderation they reduce heart disease by something like 25%. Also beer has beneficial proteins and antioxidants. Also, folks who drink alcohol on a regular basis are less likey to become sick from the flu or common cold.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/health/global-alcohol-study/index.html
On a side note, if MJ users are prone to drive slower and more carefully, I'd be all for it. Most people in cars are idiots.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/health/global-alcohol-study/index.html
On a side note, if MJ users are prone to drive slower and more carefully, I'd be all for it. Most people in cars are idiots.

Interesting study. I dont think Ill give up my evening glass of red wine.

Agreed, most who drive are idiots. I used to enjoy just going out for a long drive to calm down and time to think. Now, its more like engaging in a battle. Everyone's in a fucking hurry, cutting in and out. Boston was the worst Ive seen, people yelling and cursing at teach other, followed by Austin. Fuck it, Ill just stay home an have my glass of wine. Its safer.

I don't really care whether the weed helps someone's PTSD because of some scientifically proven mechanism, or because of some placebo effect. If it helps someone's PTSD, and keeps one person with PTSD from committing suicide, I am for them using weed if they want.

Hell, they can get tranquilizers, alcohol, anti-depressants, mood stabilizers and all sorts of other drugs for PTSD, some work, and some don't...I don't see the harm in letting them use weed even if it only helps someone on a placebo basis. I am more interested in keeping someone from committing suicide than whether they smoke weed or not.

Would you treat depression or phobias with placebos? That's stupid.

As for the difference between smoking and eating, yeah, there is a difference even though you get high with both.

So now, not only does your "cure" need to get you high, it has to be taken by your preferred method?

Face it, you just want to get high and you're using PTSD as an excuse.

Honestly, I have nothing against people who want to get high (I think it's equivalent to people who want to get drunk) but you want an ok to combine that with mental illness and guns. No.

Be single issue. If you love your weed more than you love your guns, ditch your guns and smoke up.

Reactions: Bradu
Xmedicmanx,

Great post.
Curious if you trained NLP with anyone for PTS. I have a friend that does it for vets with PTS (he was a Ranger) and has great success.

Dude you see, actuallyy marijuana is not only effective if you smoke it, there some idiots that consider it like that. The idea is that it is assimilated much faster if you smoke it, the only difference, so you get ''high'' faster. Yeah you can tell, but how about injections? To be honest, i do not think that there exists any kind of extract from marijuana that allows you to create an injection. And regarding posttraumatic stress disorder, i can tell you from my own experience. I have been at several psychiatric clinics, and they were telling my girlfriend that my case was extremely severe, and that i would need a really costly therapy. However my bro insisted that i should go for a xxxxxxxxxx treatment, and i can tell you one thing, i got well in just 2 weeks. I do not say that it is mj is the solution to this disorder, but it helped me for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
May help. Don't have enough facts to really give an opinion.
If it's prescribed, not your basic fencerow brand, then you may experience some issues if you have a CCW permit. There is talk of pulling or not issuing permits to those with a weed prescription.
I always hear this argument, what about all the people who drink in excess and just dont ever admit they have issues. Same thing.....

Oh man,

Here comes the battle medical vs recreational.

Its so fucked up now legalize EVERY FUCKING THING while demanding PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and in a year all will be perfect.

my 2cents fwiw...disclaimer ive never been diagnosed to have ptsd...
have been associated wirh many friends who the va gave the questions coming off deployment then basically forced onto meds that i believe were what caused 90% of their suicidal/danger to society issues. these guys usually feel almost normal once they disco the meds and get a little therapy. the meds are dangerous. i tell friends get off them. if mary jane helps that i got no beef.

Reactions: MarinePMI and Fig
Funny this came up again. My position somewhat evolved from uncertainty/doubt to I believe THC can play a role in PTSD Tx, not just masking symptoms.

If anyone is truly interested in PTSD Tx, I highly recommend looking into racemic ketamine infusions. Not FDA approved but reimbursed by insurance as an out of network expense

All those WWII vets came back on weed and created America's greatest generation.

• Haha
Dude you see, actuallyy marijuana is not only effective if you smoke it, there some idiots that consider it like that. The idea is that it is assimilated much faster if you smoke it, the only difference, so you get ''high'' faster. Yeah you can tell, but how about injections? To be honest, i do not think that there exists any kind of extract from marijuana that allows you to create an injection. And regarding posttraumatic stress disorder, i can tell you from my own experience. I have been at several psychiatric clinics, and they were telling my girlfriend that my case was extremely severe, and that i would need a really costly therapy. However my bro insisted that i should go for a Greenhouse cannabis treatment, and i can tell you one thing, i got well in just 2 weeks. I do not say that it is mj is the solution to this disorder, but it helped me for sure.
So what the fuck CBD bullshit are you going to be linking to next?

Fucking spammers...

I always hear this argument, what about all the people who drink in excess and just dont ever admit they have issues. Same thing.....
It’s a good argument but you don’t have a prescription that proves you drink. That’d be my thought.

Oh man,

Here comes the battle medical vs recreational.

Its so fucked up now legalize EVERY FUCKING THING while demanding PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and in a year all will be perfect.
100 % with this ^^^.
Reality says they'll never enforce personal responsibility.
One word - Narcan

R

Reactions: Dewey7271
I did a very brief and not comprehensive review of some of the recent medical journals and UpToDate specifically relating to the question posed:

....."A 2017 review that included a summary of open-label and observational trials of cannabis for PTSD noted that marijuana use is associated with worse treatment outcomes in some naturalistic studies and concluded that “known risks of marijuana thus currently outweigh unknown benefits for PTSD” .
......A trial of the synthetic cannabinoid, nabilone, in 10 patients with difficult-to-treat PTSD found that it was helpful for some patients; replication in a larger trial is needed before this treatment can be recommended. More broadly, a role for specific components of cannabis (eg, cannabidiol versus tetrahydrocannabinol) or other cannabinoids (synthetic and naturally occurring) in the treatment of PTSD remains to be determined with further research.
......A systematic review of four prospective longitudinal cohort studies of adults with PTSD at baseline found that current (prior month) cannabis use was associated with higher levels of PTSD symptoms over time, compared with comparison groups (less intense use or no use)"

with respect to "side effects/toxicity in adolescents and adults:
impaired attention, concentration, short-term memory and executive functioning. More severe adverse effects may occur at doses >7.5 mg/m2 THC, including nausea, postural hypotension, delirium, panic attacks, anxiety, and myoclonic jerking. Psychosis has also been associated with use of higher potency/concentrated marijuana products".

"Physiologic signs of cannabis intoxication in adolescents and adults can include Tachycardia, Increased blood pressure or, especially in the elderly, orthostatic hypotension, Increased respiratory rate, Conjunctival injection (red eye), Dry mouth, Increased appetite, Nystagmus, Ataxia, Slurred speech.
Acute exacerbations and poor symptom control in patients with asthma, Pneumomediastinum and pneumothorax."

Most recently a larger review contradicted some earlier reports, finding an "increased incidence of heart attacks".

Some of the medical indications for Marijuana or derivatives include the treatment of Cancer pain, Anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS. Nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy, some pediatric seizure disorders.

you can pick one of these:
your guns, or your weed.............only one.

I think alchohol and guns have killed more people than weed and guns.

It's absolutely an individual thing depending on a person's condition either a Sativa or Indica have different effects.
One is a mind and one is a body high and effects the physiology differently and can have a profound difference on the person depending on thier mood and state of mind.
I live in a state were it's all completly legal so my opinion is most likely vastly different that many here.

Status
Not open for further replies.