• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What are some triggers for Tikkas?

John1999

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2013
Hi guys, I was just wondering what are some aftermarket triggers available for the Tikkas?

The stock one is very good adjusted down to 2lb.

Or a yo dave trigger spring makes them even lighter

A TRG trigger works perfectly if you're running a W3 chassis. The factory Tikka trigger is one of the best but there are a couple other options to be had.

Last edited:
yeah try the yo dave trigger spring ($10) in the factory trigger first before buying a new one. I think you'd be crazy to change it unless you just really wanted a 2 stage.

A TRG trigger works perfectly if you're running a W3 chassis. The factory Tikka trigger is one of the best but there are a couple other options to be had.

I've tried to find a TRG trigger for sale with no luck. Is there a source for these, or do I just have to get lucky on the used market?

It's not unusual for many of us to want to fire accuracy groups using a trigger set at 1lb or less. Not being able to to put a good ole $235 Jewel trigger in a Tikka, is just another reason why folks are hesitant to walk away from that which has worked well here in the USA for the last 60 years. (ie; Rem 700)

It's not unusual for many of us to want to fire accuracy groups using a trigger set at 1lb or less. Not being able to to put a good ole $235 Jewel trigger in a Tikka, is just another reason why folks are hesitant to walk away from that which has worked well here in the USA for the last 60 years. (ie; Rem 700)

But a $10 spring change along with the factory adjustable trigger can yield you pull weights down to 12oz according to the manufacturer.

You dont need an aftermarket trigger for a tikka like you do a remington, either adjust the tikka to around 2lb or get a yo dave trigger spring to make it even lighter.