• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Pulling 260 loads for the old barrel. New barrel likes a tad different spec. Wife calls this unreloading 😂
View attachment 7662510
That many at once is worth having one of these and the collet for it:

She should put that term in wikipedia with a credit.
I like it. Unreloading

I may have 25-50 rounds to pull down for improper shoulder bump.

What makes it suck is they're load development, damn it.

I developed a ladder test for my 243. Gonna try and run some 80 Gr. Sierra blitzs for everything 500 yards and in, and save the more expensive 107 SMKs for the 600+. Hope to shoot them through the chrono at the range next weekend.

Pretty busy harvesting Nanking Cherries and Currents.....but, managed to powder coat some 400 grain bullets for my 460 Smith. The oven is in the pole barn near the harvest area....just monitor the time and remove the bullets. Multi-Tasking! 🙂 Got them sized last night! memtb

Reactions: camocorvette
Brownells delivered today...Ran the first 100 of 500 Lapua 6.5CM small primer pocket over the mandrel die, trimmed and chamfered.

Also scored 500 Berger 140gr Hybrid pills.
Realized I'll need a new small pin decapper, which is also ordered.

And this is why I'll also have 24 hours of overtime at work this week even after having Monday off. $$$

Reactions: Anb618
Got the light kit for the bench installed a couple of weeks back. It will definitely help!
Reload Light1.jpg

Also pre-tumbled a bunch of brass. I had a bunch of range pick-up I obtained but after running some through the Dillon for decapping I discovered the case feeder doesn't like dirt and bits of gravel. Just a short round prior to decapping and annealing to knock the dirt back and to be kind to the equipment!
Brass1.jpg

Also pre-tumbled a bunch of brass. I had a bunch of range pick-up I obtained but after running some through the Dillon for decapping I discovered the case feeder doesn't like dirt and bits of gravel.
I decap on a lee app then tumble to keep the gunk out of ss press or dillon.

Also if there is brass with offset flash holes you don't wreck your "good dies". You can "feel" them on the app press.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Remeasured my fired ar brass.
Damn.

My new barrel is 1 1/2 to 2 thousands tighter than all the rest I load for.

Last 60 shots have been at a 1 1/2 thousands bump.
No loading, extraction or pressure signs noted.

Was running everything at 5 thousands bump to allow for filthy suppressed operation. Decided to go 3 thousands.

Open for suggestions.

Last edited:
Remeasured my fired ar brass.
Damn.

My new barrel is 1 1/2 to 2 thousands tighter than all the rest I load for.

Last 60 shots have been at a 1 1/2 thousands bump.
No loading, extraction or pressure signs noted.

Was running everything at 5 thousands bump to allow for filthy suppressed operation. Decided to go 3 thousands.

Open for suggestions.
I know that gas operated guns are not the same as bolt action guns. On my 6gt I have 2k shoulder bump ,and it works good on me.
I also would like to know on your bump ,for your brass, as I too have an AR . This is where I learn .

Well I'm not claiming to be an expert.

Conventional wisdom for new reloders has been to start bolt guns at a -0.002 bump and semiautomatic at -0.004 to prevent problems.

There are many posts and videos on how to get the minimum bump for your bolt guns chamber.

As long as your bolt guns chamber is reasonably clean and bump consistent many shooters remove some of that "slop" for better accuracy.

An AR is different in that it is always a work in progress as far as blowback slop into the chamber. A suppressor compounds that quickly.

My sons convinced me I was cleaning my AR's too often.
So ok I did my own acid test.

I ran it suppressed and not half the summer and into the fall. There was stuff oozing out, I had to stop and clean the scope due to residue during shoots.

I was using 3 1/2 - 4 thousands bump. I venture over half a case of ammo easily, no accurate count.
The bcg recived a wipe down and lube occasionally and put back in the slop. Cfe was the powder.

My sons were laughing at my lifelong cleaning fetish.

Along came deer season and decided I wanted to get blood on the AR. Got out late in the season.

Cold crisp below freezing my bcg would not chamber a round.
This was with 4 thousand bump.

A quick clean with oil and a field kit blood was had.

I may continue to shoot my range toy with 1 1/2 thousand bump but my SHTF sbr and all others are staying at 3 1/2 minimum.

Cleaning regimen on that gun reverts back to every session. Three fowlers and it's gtg.

I'm hoping some of the expert's here will offer advice.

Best of six groups initial ocw test with Bob's 55g and H335.

16261915125907634923935480931023.jpg

Always the first round flier per group. Arg

Last edited:
Reactions: jLorenzo
Hopefully its over 100°f this weekend so i can retest my 140 hynrid loads with an extreme temp spread.
Im a glutton for punishment, my inittiatial tests were at 40° but wish they would have been near zero but pick and choose i guess.

Reactions: Snuby642
Hopefully its over 100°f this weekend so i can retest my 140 hynrid loads with an extreme temp spread.
Im a glutton for punishment, my inittiatial tests were at 40° but wish they would have been near zero but pick and choose i guess.
come to Texas where I live , you will get 100 degree weather every day.

come to Texas where I live , you will get 100 degree weather every day.
Brother i was born and lived most of my life in Texas but it has been 100+ here in Colorado for two plus weeks.
I was beeing a bit facetious although we dont have the humidity, when it's 106° i dont run the AC in my Jeep and generally dont sweat.

Brother i was born and lived most of my life in Texas but it has been 100+ here in Colorado for two plus weeks.
I was beeing a bit facetious although we dont have the humidity, when it's 106° i dont run the AC in my Jeep and generally dont sweat.
must be nice not to turn on you A/C and not sweet

Long as it's not the same day. lol

85+ degrees friday afternoon 24 degrees Saturday morning opening day dear season.

Got to love West Texas.

She should put that term in wikipedia with a credit.
I like it. Unreloading

I may have 25-50 rounds to pull down for improper shoulder bump.

What makes it suck is they're load development, damn it.
A Redding body die can fix a shoulder bump issue on loaded ammo without having to take the loaded ammo apart. I've done a bunch of times with 223 and 308 Win.

Those who haven't done it will be squeamish about doing it. I've never have come close to sticking a case since the cases have already been F/L resized, but just need a couple of thousandths more bump.

Saves a lot of time.

A Redding body die can fix a shoulder bump issue on loaded ammo without having to take the loaded ammo apart. I've done a bunch of times with 223 and 308 Win.

Those who haven't done it will be squeamish about doing it. I've never have come close to sticking a case since the cases have already been F/L resized, but just need a couple of thousandths more bump.

Saves a lot of time.
I have never done it ,but if you really think about it ,it can be done ,. Asking as you don’t mess around with the primer .

Saves a lot of time.
A body die, never thought of that thanks.

I would just trash the barrel and replace since it's a cheapo but a couple different 52g and 55g loads with bulk / seconds for bullets and two different powders have put up some nice loads. (.3g inc ocw)

I have not yet done .1g powder testing on iether load yet and not tweeked seating yet.

For all intended purpose this ar is a joke. Carefully assembled out of some midgrade parts but the barrel is a 16inch 150$ midway stoner.

My scope is a Bushnell 4.5x18 mil tactical with thick tactical retical. I'm 62 and rickety but not so bad behind a scope and 2 1/2 lb trigger.

Most all my reloading knowledge has come from the hide. Thanks to all my mentors.

16262023765722370520109752855895.jpg

The 52g speer load is off my dillon.

Notice my damn first round flier ever present.
I got to figure it out thier killing my groups.

Change of brass for 300 PRC so I threw together a quick pressure ladder with Berger 208s and RL-26 to shoot over the Chrono.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1577882661.jpg
    Snapchat-1577882661.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 48
are you trying to get smaller groups?
Yes…I just started load development for this rifle and have settled on the charge weight for an MV that I want...now playing with seating depth to try to tune the load a little and find out what the rifle may like, or not like.

Today … 197 rounds of 12 ga for skeet and prepped 204 ruger brass for prairie dog hunt.

you think is worth the money , in your opinion

For me, yes. Worst case, even if turns out the data isn’t all that practical…..I never have work a handle again to seat bullets.

Multiply that by thousands of rounds a year and it’s completely worth the price for me.

Reactions: Rhed
For me, yes. Worst case, even if turns out the data isn’t all that practical…..I never have work a handle again to seat bullets.

Multiply that by thousands of rounds a year and it’s completely worth the price for me.
Do you think that the press cost the same as an auto drive for the Dillion 750 ?

Long day interupted by grandchildren and reloading.

Had 306 pieces of GFL range brass and found 1 more cull. So 305 in the tub. Pockets done and full length sizing finished.

Tumble to get sizing wax off.
20210719_211557.jpg

Clean uniformed pockets will prime like butter.
20210719_220434.jpg

Not one flash hole clogged.
Tip: use lizzard bedding wallnut, mineral spirits and nufinish wax, the thing is you have to tumble it long enough to get it to flash off.

The wax will harden on the brass and the material will dry and pour right through a small flash hole. A tap on the basket separator and out it comes.

Wife put to bed, living room picked up dishes loaded up to run.

I'm gonna need another beer.

Today I scored A BUNCH of Accubonds, Partitions, Interlocks, and Interbonds for .243, .270, 7mm, and .30cal for CHEAP! I'm pumped about being able to do load development without spending a fortune.

Swapped my Harris feet for Hawk Hill Talons, snagged used here in the PX. Looking forward to trying them out soon.

I have that same anneler it works good for the buck
I have been very pleased with it so far. I think i spent like $80 on the parts. For that kind of money its pretty hard to beat. I took what I saved as apposed to buying one and bought a Chargemaster Lite from Natchez :D.

I have been very pleased with it so far. I think i spent like $80 on the parts. For that kind of money its pretty hard to beat. I took what I saved as apposed to buying one and bought a Chargemaster Lite from Natchez :D.
At least post a picture of the charge master , so we can drool.

Happy to oblige :). Went back and forth for a good long time on beam scale w/ a trickler vs one of these new fangled things. Sam Millard from Panhandle Precision finally convinced me to try it and I have to say it was a great addition to the bench. Natchez had them for $240. Ive spent more on less lol.
20210711_145537.jpg

Happy to oblige :). Went back and forth for a good long time on beam scale w/ a trickler vs one of these new fangled things. Sam Millard from Panhandle Precision finally convinced me to try it and I have to say it was a great addition to the bench. Natchez had them for $240. Ive spent more on less lol.
View attachment 7671970
That was a good buy ,I have the charge master 1500 , which I bought here at the hide.