• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What is the longest stock for AR?

danb303

Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Alabama
I have the A2 stock and I need more LOP. I am 6'5" and want a longer stock. Thanks

I have a RRA varmint 24" 223

Re: What is the longest stock for AR?

A PRS with the LOP adjustment extended out all the way gets you to an LOP of approx. 14.5". If you order and install the extra-thick rubber buttplate, you get another 0.75" or so taking you to 15"+ which is LONG!

The other thing you can do is to just add a 1" Buttstock extender like this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=613589

That takes the standard A2 out to a LOP of right around 12" or slightly less (sorry...can't recall the exact number). You can also add an adjustable buttplate to the A2 that will give you an additional 1.5" or so.

I agree with ORD, I am also 6'5'' and I have a PRS on my DPMS LR-308. With the buttplate extended to the max and its 14.5 on the money and it really works great with a Triad Tactical tapered sandbag.

Another option, if im not too late, is the Ace M4 Socom. they have short and long version........if I have found correct info,

L.O.P. fully collapsed 11.0 " and fully extended 13.0" without recoil pad. Weight: 460g (16.5 oz)

These are well built stocks. I have the short version.

If you're using an ACOG or red dot optic, the "nose to charging handle" head position reduces the need for a long LOP. I'm 6'4" and usually shorten the LOP with an ACOG and my nose almost touching the charging handle.

If you run out of LOP with a longer scope, try moving it further toward the muzzle. With a scope such as a NF 2-5-10x, I position the end of the ocular just above the end of the charging handle.

If you're tall, it's not the length of your arms, but the distance from your shoulder where the buttstock touches to your eye that counts. You can also work on positioning your head to alter this distance and reduce the need for a longer LOP. ARs seem to be different in this respect than bolt action rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: danb303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered this today </div></div>

Good deal, Dan. I hope it works out for you. I have used them in conjunction with standard A2 stocks in the past, as well as an AR-15 PRS that I used on an AR-10 for a while (needed the extra space between the CH and the adjustable comb to clear pulling the CH back all the way).

They work well!!

If things don't work - Try a regular ACE Skeleton with the added rubber......it could get you close to where you want. (ARFX i believe is the 9.5", very comfortable stock)