• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

When I see stories like this...

Hey, fucked up is the new norm!

I trashed my back and haven't been able to work for years, got out in 04. Got worse and wasn't even able to finish school; now I have good days and bad ones. I JUST got my 100%, and even then they fucked me on the rating so it isn't a "true" 100%. Fucking government math. NINE YEARS OF BULLSHIT! Just to get the safety net they promised me on day one should this happen. The point is, I've come to realize, is to make it hard on purpose so you'll just give up and go away (I used to do this with shitty employees I couldn't fire). When you don't quit, they finally pay you off, but you then realize it was for the same purpose --to just go away. Either way, once .mil is done with you, they don't want to see or hear from you again. Period.

If it wasn't for my wife, I'd have probably been on the street too. Most of those guys on the street really ARE vets, it isn't a sham story for change. Also, veterans have a much higher chance of dying from suicide than any other group --it is almost up there with heart attacks and cancer. Just fucking sad, real sad.

I'm sure like myself, many vets would agree that the VA is so fucked up. 50% of the staff or more could give a fuck less and are just drawing a pay check... When ever I sit in the waiting room and just watch how veterans are treated it makes me sick...

The VA is definitely hit-or-miss when it comes to personnel. AKVA has been pretty good to me, only took 400 days to process my claim..

My buddy down in Georgia, he's a dozen times more messed up than I am, got retired from the army because of the massive injuries he sustained from a couple of IEDs and a mortar that landed in the back of his HEMTT. The VA rep in germany, to get his paperwork through with minimum hassle, removed half of his disability claims, and forged his signature on a paper waiving his right to get assigned to a WTU stateside. So he got boned right from the get-go. they retired him at 40% rating, and just dropped him and his family stateside.
The army held his last two paychecks for about three months, so when I went down to visit him, his wife was working overtime, and because the VA wasn't paying for his meds, he was pretty much paralyzed on the couch because it came down to "Feed his kids or buy medication". The only reason his girls got christmas presents this year was because the local community came together and took care of him. the only reason they had heat at their place was because the Propane guy filled their tank for free and wrote "Merry Christmas" on the invoice. His congressman told him there wasn't a thing he could do to amend the situation, so I called my congressman's office back in AK. Apparently getting a size twelve boot to the backside from another congressman changed ol' dude's tune.

As screwed up as the backlog is, I wish those dingbats would just start establishing some order of priority when it comes to claims filing. Me, I'm a single guy with no dependents, I can afford to put up with a long wait. Dudes who are catastrophically disabled with a family need help a helluva lot more than I do.

Many, many years ago I walked into the VA hospital in Houston, took one look around and turned around and walked out. Never went back.