• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Where can I find a CTR in stock?!?

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Well some of you remember my other thread where I was looking at a few rifles, some members steered me towards tikkas and I did about a months worth of research. I decided I liked it and I’d start shopping. Here we are... can’t find one in stock online or in person to save my life. I saw one on gunbroker I think, but it sold very early in my search. Does anybody know of any sites that stock these rifles? I have a cabelas about an hour from me, think I’ll have any luck there? Last time I bought a gun at cabelas it was a nightmare.

For anyone reading this, correct me If I'm wrong.

I own a CTR and I have to say that if you plan on buying a custom stock for it, I'd recommend you go for a regular T3x, instead of the CTR. You will have more stock options and you won't be limited to the super expensive (80$ or so) Tikka 5 round magazines. If I could go back I would skip on the CTR and get a regular T3x.

I own a CTR and I have to say that if you plan on buying a custom stock for it, I'd recommend you go for a regular T3x, instead of the CTR. You will have more stock options and you won't be limited to the super expensive (80$ or so) Tikka 5 round magazines. If I could go back I would skip on the CTR and get a regular T3x.
Pretty much any of the non-mini chassis stocks can be inlet for the CTR bottom metal, and you can make a W3 out of a CTR mag version KRG bravo if you want a tricked out chassis that uses the CTR mags.

It all depends on which mags you like better. They aren't that much more expensive than AICS mags when most people are only going to own 1, maybe 2, extra anyway.

I intend to do a chassis down the road, in a few years after I grow into the rifle and grow into shooting at distance. I want a threaded barrel as it will be a host for my sandman, for the price of a regular t3x variant plus having the barrel threaded I’d be in for basically the cost of a new CTR so I figured I’d just buy it done from tikka. The mags don’t bother me that much, as mentioned I’d only run 3 or 4 mags anyway. I’ve been looking for a t3x variant that’s local, no luck there either.

For one barrel profile is much different. Regular t3x lite is a 0.616" muzzle vs the ctr comes threaded 5/8.

CTR also comes with 10 round magazines.
AICS magazines are around the same price as the ctr so that's a wash if you want to go that way. Magpul AICS don't fit with Tikka.

The action is the same for the ctr vs the" regular" t3x so stock/ chassis options are the same. Only difference would be the mag which won't be hard to sell ctr vs the 3 round regular factory mag.

To really read up on Tikkas check out this post.