• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where Do We Go From Here?

I'm only 65 and of good health. I am waiting ....
Actually, I read that post wrong .
And for some reason I was unable to delete my reply ,,maybe it’s because I use the format on my phone .
And I am only 62 , but I will buy the best rifles available , for some weird reason I can’t be satisfied shooting matches with out the best rifle available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Williwaw
By using the best equipment available to me I minimize one factor. I'm stuck buying ammo blind but after a couple bricks I know pretty well what scores and statistics that case is good for. After that it is all on me ... mechanics, wind reading, time management. No where to hide.

Reactions: Papa Mike
I'm only 65 and of good health. I am waiting ....
You'll probably be waiting a very long time if not forever! The 22lr round was never intended to be accurate much past 50yds. A soft lead 40gr bullet traveling at 1000fps that is shaped more like a 45acp than a Speer spitzer will never have consistent accuracy much past 100yds. Modern gun builders have pushed the limits of the 22lr. But they all have one thing in common .Consistent accuracy starts to fall apart past 100yds and at 200+. it's completely cone. Simple answer. It's not barrel twist rate. or anything else to do with the gun. IT'S THE AMMO!

Yessir, I'm doing one. I've had the bolt designed for a while (as in a few years) and it won't take long to design the receiver around it.

MB

The mid-scale is not the 700 footprint but the true-to-scale is a 700 footprint. I’m doing more than one action….

MB
Sorry, If I missed this, but is the mid scale going to be magazine fed? And why not do it as a 700 footprint? With the selection of stocks for the Rem 700 that would be a huge selling point.

I wanted a custom 20 Vartarg, but couldn’t find a custom repeater action. I also wanted a 700 footprint so I could get a stock that I wanted. I used a single shot BAT SV action and it is the perfect size, but it’s not a Rem 700 footprint action, but Manners makes a stock for it, although it’s not quite a perfect fit for it.

I think you could sell a ton of custom midsize, repeater actions in 700 footprint. No one is making them.

55568B1B-1C1D-4F71-8C4E-84F2C0C03135.jpeg

Last edited:
The thing is that I have no interest in accuracy past 100 yards, and little past 50.

I'd also put forward the concept that if accuracy is measured inclusively the ammo I shoot is not inconsistent. For example the SK LRM that I am shooting right now consistently throws a round out of most 40 shot composite groups. The errant round will be .4 inches from center while the other 39 average .15 from center. Ammunitions consistency is dependent on its statistical repeatability, not whether it does what I wish it would do.

Given the many aspects of a top ARA UL rifle that are tweaked and tuned by the top competitors I believe that some of these refinements or others might be possible in MB's next iteration of the 22 rimfire.

You may believe my optimism is misplaced but I prefer it to the alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Mike
You'll probably be waiting a very long time if not forever! The 22lr round was never intended to be accurate much past 50yds. A soft lead 40gr bullet traveling at 1000fps that is shaped more like a 45acp than a Speer spitzer will never have consistent accuracy much past 100yds. Modern gun builders have pushed the limits of the 22lr. But they all have one thing in common .Consistent accuracy starts to fall apart past 100yds and at 200+. it's completely cone. Simple answer. It's not barrel twist rate. or anything else to do with the gun. IT'S THE AMMO!
Don’t most ( not all ) people here on this forum shoot matches at 50 Yard bench rest and 100 yard small bore F class ? The ammo I’ve been using for these two disciplines does very well . Plus, the people I’m competing against are pretty much using the same available ammo .

Don’t most ( not all ) people here on this forum shoot matches at 50 Yard bench rest and 100 yard small bore F class ? The ammo I’ve been using for these two disciplines does very well . Plus, the people I’m competing against are pretty much using the same available ammo .
My point exactly! High quality 22 ammo can be extremely accurate at 50 and 100 in the right gun. Take it to 200+ and see what happens no matter what gun!

I would say not most, on this forum are shooting those disciplines

The forum is for everything Rimfire. I think @Geno C. was just pointing out that PRS and NRL are the main shooting disciplines that is discussed here on the Hide. That doesn’t mean other disciplines aren’t talked about.
Thank you , my mistake .
I was thinking many on here are .22 bench rest ( ARA )

Last edited:
Hey Fellas....no, I've not forgotten about this thread. In fact, A LOT has happened over the last year and it's interesting the paths that present themselves. But, alas, it's rimfire time again. We all know the other players, and they've done well, but, there are a few things left undone and quite a bit has been learned over the last few years.

So, here we go....

MB

Hey Fellas....no, I've not forgotten about this thread. In fact, A LOT has happened over the last year and it's interesting the paths that present themselves. But, alas, it's rimfire time again. We all know the other players, and they've done well, but, there are a few things left undone and quite a bit has been learned over the last few years.

So, here we go....

MB
I'm in...

Your ears must be ringing after my comment in the Vudoo thread on FB.

I'm in. What am I buying and where do I send the check?
Actually, I'm on FB less than I've been on SH, but someone sent me a screen shot of recent activity in the group. The comments there coincide with the development ventures and it's amazing how the timing works out. 👊

I'll say, you'll have some hard choices to make from the offerings....

MB

So, here we go....

MB
You have peaked my interest. :cool:

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Well, there won't be a SHOT Show announcement, but there's a lot of early coordination to bring the unveiling inline with the technical aspects of what is a really big project. I've said very little so far, but things are certainly abuzz....

MB
If you guys are needing any testing, put me in!!

@RAVAGE88 Any updates? We are all excited.
Yo Dude! Thanks for circling back to this....

Basically, there's a lot to update everyone on, but I'm not quite ready to turn the valve to full blast. But what I'll say now is, there's a new bolt action rimfire platform, along with a new, highly improved magazine on the horizon. The approach to this new system is designed to deal with what I've observed as the challenges the community has faced with function, inconsistency and varied frustrations for varied reasons....a "level-set," so to speak.

Recognizing the excitement and based on my own excitement about this, I'm highly tempted to just verbal vomit the entirety of the details here, as SH has served as the centric source for incredible growth of something that no one could've accurately predicted. However, the timing isn't quite right yet, so discipline has to prevail over excitement....for a little longer.

Thanks Guys,
MB

Didnt lefty's get drowned after birth ? How are they still a thing.
I guess some people attempt to pick their own gender and pronouns too.

(Quietly... lefty bolt... yep, ill appreciate one).

Dude....I'm a lefty :LOL:.

(Hear you loud and clear.)

MB

Reactions: Williwaw and iceng

I’m thinking that the same folks who decided that they are “right” handed are the same people who claim some countries are “democratic” “peoples” “republics”. As we are “correct” handed aren’t you glad we don’t call y’all out for your incorrectness?

• Haha
Reactions: iceng
Does this mean that the lefty repeaters will be shipped first and the "righties" get to do the waiting this time?
Sigh. Hey Mike, put an ambidextrous Fortner action on it and have it eject straight up like a P08 Luger. Inclusive to everyone, and .22 brass doesn't burn like 9mm when it falls straight down your shirt collar...

Has Vudoo given any updated timeline on the 15 round magazines? I don't even care that much about the 15 round part, just the fact it's adjustable for feeding height.
I think you’re in the wrong thread. Mike isn’t associated with Vudoo any longer.

No you're not, you're just anxious to get the 15 round mags.

MB
I'll start with getting my barreled action back from some warranty work. I don't know how accurate the information is but the person on the phone told me they have one dude who does all the warranty work and also builds the handguns. And that in the 21 days since it arrived there (couple weeks longer now but not in huge rush), they'd received an additional 35 for warranty work. Seems they're spread a bit thin manpower-wise. They've treated me great, just a little puzzling to hear.

@RAVAGE88

Mike,

Two questions about the new Angled Spade Ravage Bush gun:

1. Will I still be able to dry fire it? I suspect that this will be a yes.

2. Will it accept Vudoo magazines or will I be buying new ones?

I will understand if you don't yet want to answer these.

Thanks,

Don

@RAVAGE88

Mike,

Two questions about the new Angled Spade Ravage Bush gun:

1. Will I still be able to dry fire it? I suspect that this will be a yes.

2. Will it accept Vudoo magazines or will I be buying new ones?

I will understand if you don't yet want to answer these.

Thanks,

Don
Definitely dry fire safe, but I'm on the fence about accepting Vudoo mags as it introduces variation to the equation.

MB