• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Geissele Trigger for my Gas Gun?

D.A.T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2006
Kansas
I have 3 Gun installed in my SBR

I currently have a 18" gas piston (Hogan) rifle. They put their "gold trigger" in it. My gauge reads it at like 6 lbs. It is very crisp and has a great reset. My Geissele trigger reads at 3lb. It has some travel but a great reset.

Should I get the same trigger for both or maybe Super Enhanced

Anyone have experience with either one of these triggers?

Re: Which Geissele Trigger for my Gas Gun?

I just bought the SSA-E and think it is really, really nice. Super easy to install too.

I put a SSA-E in my wife's 20" spr and its an awesome two stage. I prefer single stage myself so I go that route.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought the SSA-E and think it is really, really nice. Super easy to install too. </div></div>

What he said.

SSA-E or the one you can adjust.

The 3 gun was set up to have a feel of a single stage. I like the idea of having the same exact trigger pull on both guns. But thought the other might have a nicer break but not as fast of a lock up. I don't care about super duper fast follow up shots on my 18" .308 as much as I do with my 5.56 SBR

I would definitly get the SSA-E with a #3.5 trigger pull. I have a J P LRP-07 coming with a J P trigger but if it didn"t I would get SSA-E.

The SSA-E may be the best for the money (I know it's $200) for a quality trigger.
I have it on three AR's and one hi-speed match trigger.
The SSA-E is 95% of the hi-speed at a much lesser cost.

Been really happy with the Super Dynamic Combat.

SSA-E or SD-E Either one is great.

I didn't think I'd like the flat trigger shoe, but it's great.

i currently have a RR NM trigger on one of my rifles. I really like the way the uptake comes to a solid point and its a nice light break. I'm sure, and I have read quite often so, that the giessle SSA-E is a nice trigger but how nice compared to the RR NM trigger?

I would also like to add. This trigger does me fine with an ACOG out to 600 yards. My reason for jumping in here and asking is im currently finishing a lower for a precision 5.56 rifle and have yet to choose a trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i currently have a RR NM trigger on one of my rifles. I really like the way the uptake comes to a solid point and its a nice light break. I'm sure, and I have read quite often so, that the giessle SSA-E is a nice trigger but how nice compared to the RR NM trigger?
</div></div>

Geissele is way ahead of Rock River.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.A.T.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleSout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i currently have a RR NM trigger on one of my rifles. I really like the way the uptake comes to a solid point and its a nice light break. I'm sure, and I have read quite often so, that the giessle SSA-E is a nice trigger but how nice compared to the RR NM trigger?
</div></div>

Geissele is way ahead of Rock River. </div></div>

I've came to that assumption myself as well. I am just wondering what this is going to give me that my RR NM is not. Sorry for modifying my original post. That being said, if I manage fine with my RR NM now, what edge will the SSA-E give me? Don't get me wrong, I want to convince myself to get this trigger as well, I am just wondering what I would expect to notice and like about this over my old RR NM.

Cleaner break, possibly shorter reset. Most important thing is that the Geissele are tougher then woodpecker lips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought the SSA-E and think it is really, really nice. Super easy to install too.</div></div> ssa-e is the way to go ....with conklin rhino grease ....